Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:48:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700833 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:54:05 PM

Greetings

Just installed the free AM program to try it out. Thanks for offering this option BTW.
As a very new miner I am still testing this and that trying to find the most profitable options for me so I yet have much to learn.

Regarding AM software- If I purchase paid version which would allow me to remotely manage all rigs from one PC, would AM allow me to set each rig's pool wallet separately? I manage rigs for both my brother and myself right now remotely. Would like to try the option of managing just from one program without having to log into each rig independently. Not sure how the settings carry over from rig to rig and if it allows these settings to be different or just clones them from the original.

Also curious as to how the software works when mining to a pool such as Ahash. Does AM choose most profitable algo and just points at Ahash? OR does Ahash choose best algo and request it from AM?

Thanks for the info

in one word set each rig's pool wallet separately  yes I have done it testing stuff, I may have two rigs on one pool and 2/3 on another pool or the same pool with 2 different wallets for whatever reason but only if the pool allows it with the same account,  tip: no pools Ive tried under the same User name let me that doesn't use the wallet direct but stores it on there site till payout .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zaffor

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:31:22 PM

Greetings

Just installed the free AM program to try it out. Thanks for offering this option BTW.
As a very new miner I am still testing this and that trying to find the most profitable options for me so I yet have much to learn.

Regarding AM software- If I purchase paid version which would allow me to remotely manage all rigs from one PC, would AM allow me to set each rig's pool wallet separately? I manage rigs for both my brother and myself right now remotely. Would like to try the option of managing just from one program without having to log into each rig independently. Not sure how the settings carry over from rig to rig and if it allows these settings to be different or just clones them from the original.

Also curious as to how the software works when mining to a pool such as Ahash. Does AM choose most profitable algo and just points at Ahash? OR does Ahash choose best algo and request it from AM?

Thanks for the info

in one word set each rig's pool wallet separately  yes I have done it testing stuff, I may have two rigs on one pool and 2/3 on another pool or the same pool with 2 different wallets for whatever reason but only if the pool allows it with the same account,  tip: no pools Ive tried under the same User name let me that doesn't use the wallet direct but stores it on there site till payout .
I have only used Ahashpool and it did not require an account, just a btc wallet ( or i guess any wallet you request payout to)
It looks like maybe mining pool hub requires an account ( i think ) so if i understand correctly I couldnt point all our rigs to that pool and split our payouts?
Thanks for the reply tek
jebidia

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:33:26 PM

Hi all,

Just started checking out this software and have a question about the "online services" tab.   It appears that most are listed as 24hr actual, which is awesome...But I'm curious about mining pool hub.  It doesn't say if that's current or 24hr actual...The reason I ask is that is REALLY seems to move a lot when it updates...so I'm guessing that one is a "current profit" ?
akhouston

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:16:31 PM

I have only used Ahashpool and it did not require an account, just a btc wallet ( or i guess any wallet you request payout to)
It looks like maybe mining pool hub requires an account ( i think ) so if i understand correctly I couldnt point all our rigs to that pool and split our payouts?
Thanks for the reply tek

for mph you need to set your workers names in the account settings (on the mph site) and they you can customize worker name per rig in AM.
Zaffor

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:25:33 PM

Thanks for the reply tek

for mph you need to set your workers names in the account settings (on the mph site) and they you can customize worker name per rig in AM.
So I can create a MPH account but define our individual rigs with different names and then point these individual named rigs to separate wallets?
akhouston

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:32:59 PM

So I can create a MPH account but define our individual rigs with different names and then point these individual named rigs to separate wallets?

after creating an account you need to create workers on the mph site... those name you'll be using when configuring your individual rigs in AM
yhbae

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:02:04 PM

after creating an account you need to create workers on the mph site... those name you'll be using when configuring your individual rigs in AM

I'm not sure if you can assign different wallets per each worker though...

You can globally set auto-exchange currency and wallets for each currency. I think all of your rig earnings will end up getting converted into the same auto-exchange currency then deposited into the same wallet.

I don't think you want to assign different algorithms/coins per each rig, do you? Rig earnings won't get mixed this way, but probably this is not what you want...
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:24:20 PM

just to clarify, you should have no problems mining the rigs to different accounts in MPH (one for you, one for your brother)

in AM you set up the miners and override the online service pools by Right Click miner -> Properties -> Override pool settings

check the boxes for the pools you want to override (you can also do that for custom pools, just use that for 2 sets of custom pool groups) and for example MPH, you'd put in the Worker name field in the format: MyOwnMiner.Worker1 for your rig, and MyBrotherMiner.Worker1 for your brother's rig...that will point one miner to the account MyOwnMiner, and one miner to account MyBrotherMiner...and so on where you set different worker names (Worker2, Worker3....etc) for other rigs/miners.

This works the same for other online services except you put actual address in the respective fields.
moppidoo

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:43:50 PM
Merited by puwaha (5)

Thanks for the info

The way I understand is this, the Yiimp (Ahash,zpool,Hashrefinery predefined, many others not integrated goes through Whattomine to determine profitability if you want to set it up) pools have their own API's, same as MPH who have its own API.

1. AM pulls metrics from these predefined online services API at intervals you set in Options -> Statistics and convert the api's reported BTC/HashRate/Day per Current/24 hour average (depending on your selection) according to Coinbase/Bitstamp (depending on your selection) into basically Fiat/Day (as per your settings in Options -> Coins & Profit -> Currency).

2. Then it list them in the table in the Online Services Tab and displays Revenue/Profit (this is depending on your rig's hashrate, thus important that you benchmark and input the actual hashrate of each rig on their own Profit Profile) there for your reference, it will select the most profit/day for your rig (for how it is determined over each API update interval, right click miner -> View Details -> Profit Switching Tab)

3. From there, AM has all the information it need to determine profit switching, it then decides whether to switch depending on your settings in Options -> Profit Switching (Switching Interval, Switch Threshold), note power cost is taken into consideration and AM determines Profit/Day rather than Revenue/Day where user input in both Power cost AND Profit Profiles are available, thus for best profit guestimation and where power cost plays big factor, it is best you also have them filled in in each rig's Profit Profile.

In short though
  -> AM fetches pools profitability API
  -> AM choose most profitable with what's fed through API
  -> AM point miners at pool's algo deemed most profitable during switching interval
  -> Pool chooses coins to mine within that algo
  -> pool exchanges rewarded coins mined sometimes later when coins are sold on exchanges (hours, days and even weeks delay)
  -> Pool credits your account/wallet for accumulated coins
  -> Pool pays to your wallet on their payout schedule provided your have accumulated the minimum payout threshold as defined per pool (MPH can be set to auto-payout or manual payout on demand as opposed to Yiimp pools)
EdInNH

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:29:37 AM

1) The best deployment is to run Awesome Miner on a separate computer, but it also works fine to run it on one of your miners. Then you install Remote Agent on all other mining rigs. The single Awesome Miner instance will let you manage and monitor the mining of all your mining rigs in a single user interface

With Awesome Miner running on the secure subnet and the Remote Agent running on the mining computer on the DMZ subnet what ports need to be opened for communications between the Remote Agent and Awesome Miner?
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:17:22 AM

Greetings

Thanks for the info

in one word set each rig's pool wallet separately  yes I have done it testing stuff, I may have two rigs on one pool and 2/3 on another pool or the same pool with 2 different wallets for whatever reason but only if the pool allows it with the same account,  tip: no pools Ive tried under the same User name let me that doesn't use the wallet direct but stores it on there site till payout .
Thanks for the reply tek

I forgot to add some pools will let you mine direct with a Address for that coin...  like nicehash or the way you want to . you would have to read the online help for that pool, nicehash works both way with a account or with out one but nicehash only pays in BTC. I did read some place nice hash is looking at other payouts after what two years , I'm not sure what they meant exactly .

Nice hash it just a example

and like moppidoo said make two MPH accounts Smiley it's a little more work but that will work .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:01:21 AM

1) The best deployment is to run Awesome Miner on a separate computer, but it also works fine to run it on one of your miners. Then you install Remote Agent on all other mining rigs. The single Awesome Miner instance will let you manage and monitor the mining of all your mining rigs in a single user interface

With Awesome Miner running on the secure subnet and the Remote Agent running on the mining computer on the DMZ subnet what ports need to be opened for communications between the Remote Agent and Awesome Miner?

Why in the world would you put your miner in a DMZ?  If you absolutely have to do this, it uses port 9630 by default.
puwaha

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:05:20 AM

Hi all,

Just started checking out this software and have a question about the "online services" tab.   It appears that most are listed as 24hr actual, which is awesome...But I'm curious about mining pool hub.  It doesn't say if that's current or 24hr actual...The reason I ask is that is REALLY seems to move a lot when it updates...so I'm guessing that one is a "current profit" ?

You are correct.  Yiimp style pools like zpool or ahashpool provide 24hr actual in their APIs.
puwaha

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:08:49 AM

A question about profit switching.
If a pool does true PPS rewarding, would it be better switching to the "current" more profitable algo?

In theory, yes.  This is what some Nicehash renters do, they will swoop in before a block ends and after a block begins with a lot of rented hashrate to build up a large amount of shares and then move on.  On smaller to medium size pools they take a good portion of shares and thus a good portion of the block rewards, especially if the pool is lucky.

puwaha

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:30:33 AM

@puwaha, @patrike

question for you if you don't mind. I understand your argument for using 24hr averages (and preferably even longer) vs instant and having running switching no more often than once an hour or so. I'm still to see the results - I used to run switching every 1-5 minutes with a high threshold for switching, like 30-40% (call it 1/1/30). I need to run it for the whole day or 2 to make a conclusion. But here's a problem that surfaced right away when using 24hr/1hr pattern (i'll call it 24/1/10) - bad pools. So if I run 1/1/30 and the pool is bad, which can be manifested in multiple ways, for instance AM keeps restarting a miner saying that the process is not running (though accepted # keeps ticking) or no accepted blocks are coming in, then the pool will potentially quickly drop off the top of the profitability table and AM will happily switch to (hopefully) a non-corrupted pool. Now if the same problem arises during my 24/1/10 configuration, I'm potentially screwed for hours - the best AM miner can do here (I wish it could be more intelligent dealing with multiple restarts, except just stop trying after X times and stopping the miner in the process) is to keep restarting the miner, which does no good, since it keeps going back to the same corrupted pool. Have you run into something like this before (btw, it seems that lots of pools are having problems in the last couple days)? How would you deal with it?

If I do any profit switching, I'm typically doing a pool group, not online services like zpool, MPH, etc.  Online services switch too much for my tastes.

Now, for a service being down, there are rule actions like Miner command.  This has options like "Change pool", or "Change Pool Group" that might help you.  There's also a rule action to apply template.  I would have a good reliable pool to mine a single coin as a template ready to go, or do the Change Pool or Pool Group action setup on all your miners as a fall back.  It's better to mine a good reliable coin for a few hours until you get a chance to check out the problem with the Online Service than to have your miner sitting idle.

PS: I find it quite useful to monitor the # of accepted blocks in the last 3-5 minutes and if that number stalls force profit switching and restarting the rig. HOWEVER, and that might be another question, it seems that AM has a "miner not running, restarting" routine that's run outside of the rules framework and I can't figure out how to intercept it and, potentially, force it to run a profit switching before restarting the miner - have you ever dealt with that one?

AM's whole point is to try to keep your rigs doing what they do best... mining.  You can get really complex with your automation, or keep it simple.  That part is up to you.

If your mining software stalls or crashes, your should troubleshoot why that is happening.  Maybe the mining software is buggy, you might have driver issues, a bad riser, or power supply issues?  Trying to force AM to compensate for these problems will always have you going down a rabbit hole of trying to resolve edge cases.
Seanklei10

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:57:03 AM

Hi all,

Just started checking out this software and have a question about the "online services" tab.   It appears that most are listed as 24hr actual, which is awesome...But I'm curious about mining pool hub.  It doesn't say if that's current or 24hr actual...The reason I ask is that is REALLY seems to move a lot when it updates...so I'm guessing that one is a "current profit" ?

You are correct.  Yiimp style pools like zpool or ahashpool provide 24hr actual in their APIs.

I understand how to add a custom coin profile, however when you set the btc/gh rate its just static. A lot of yiimp style pools have the API to read the 24hr actual, is there anyway to allow that to update from an API pull on a custom pool?
Zaffor

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:06:48 AM

@puwaha, @patrike

question for you if you don't mind. I understand your argument for using 24hr averages (and preferably even longer) vs instant and having running switching no more often than once an hour or so. I'm still to see the results - I used to run switching every 1-5 minutes with a high threshold for switching, like 30-40% (call it 1/1/30). I need to run it for the whole day or 2 to make a conclusion. But here's a problem that surfaced right away when using 24hr/1hr pattern (i'll call it 24/1/10) - bad pools. So if I run 1/1/30 and the pool is bad, which can be manifested in multiple ways, for instance AM keeps restarting a miner saying that the process is not running (though accepted # keeps ticking) or no accepted blocks are coming in, then the pool will potentially quickly drop off the top of the profitability table and AM will happily switch to (hopefully) a non-corrupted pool. Now if the same problem arises during my 24/1/10 configuration, I'm potentially screwed for hours - the best AM miner can do here (I wish it could be more intelligent dealing with multiple restarts, except just stop trying after X times and stopping the miner in the process) is to keep restarting the miner, which does no good, since it keeps going back to the same corrupted pool. Have you run into something like this before (btw, it seems that lots of pools are having problems in the last couple days)? How would you deal with it?

If I do any profit switching, I'm typically doing a pool group, not online services like zpool, MPH, etc.  Online services switch too much for my tastes.

Now, for a service being down, there are rule actions like Miner command.  This has options like "Change pool", or "Change Pool Group" that might help you.  There's also a rule action to apply template.  I would have a good reliable pool to mine a single coin as a template ready to go, or do the Change Pool or Pool Group action setup on all your miners as a fall back.  It's better to mine a good reliable coin for a few hours until you get a chance to check out the problem with the Online Service than to have your miner sitting idle.

Kindof lost me here, whats the difference between a pool group and MPH or Zpool? I thought these were "pool groups"

PS: I find it quite useful to monitor the # of accepted blocks in the last 3-5 minutes and if that number stalls force profit switching and restarting the rig. HOWEVER, and that might be another question, it seems that AM has a "miner not running, restarting" routine that's run outside of the rules framework and I can't figure out how to intercept it and, potentially, force it to run a profit switching before restarting the miner - have you ever dealt with that one?

AM's whole point is to try to keep your rigs doing what they do best... mining.  You can get really complex with your automation, or keep it simple.  That part is up to you.

If your mining software stalls or crashes, your should troubleshoot why that is happening.  Maybe the mining software is buggy, you might have driver issues, a bad riser, or power supply issues?  Trying to force AM to compensate for these problems will always have you going down a rabbit hole of trying to resolve edge cases.
puwaha

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:27:28 AM

Kindof lost me here, whats the difference between a pool group and MPH or Zpool? I thought these were "pool groups"

A pool group is a set of pools.  They can consist of different algos, or a bunch of pools for one coin (or both)... that part is up to you.   Online Services MPH and Zpool is a single pool with multiple algos/coins.

With a pool group, you can setup your own pseudo-online service, and use profit switching based on the Coins tab... which is whattomine's data.  Whereas with an Online Service, you will use their data.

For me, I have pool groups with maybe the top 5 coins that I really like to mine.  On another pool group I will have a bunch of pools that mine the same coin.  Some of the pools I mine to are dodgy, so if they are offline, AM will go to the next one.
puwaha

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:31:09 AM

Hi all,

Just started checking out this software and have a question about the "online services" tab.   It appears that most are listed as 24hr actual, which is awesome...But I'm curious about mining pool hub.  It doesn't say if that's current or 24hr actual...The reason I ask is that is REALLY seems to move a lot when it updates...so I'm guessing that one is a "current profit" ?

You are correct.  Yiimp style pools like zpool or ahashpool provide 24hr actual in their APIs.

I understand how to add a custom coin profile, however when you set the btc/gh rate its just static. A lot of yiimp style pools have the API to read the 24hr actual, is there anyway to allow that to update from an API pull on a custom pool?

If the pool mines a coin that doesn't come out of the box in AM, you go to the Coins & Profit tab in the options and define a new user defined coin.  Then on the Statistics tab, you can add the coin's JSON URL from Whattomine (if it exists) to help AM glean information about this coin.
moppidoo

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:33:58 AM

for a moment didn't catch this sentence in the quotes lol, in addition to Puwaha's explaination:

A Pool Group in AM is something you setup under Options -> Pools, where you define individual pools which has profit information from Whattomine (default) or Coinwarz and can be used with all your miners, External, Managed and Managed Profit. To use them for Managed Profit Miner when you have many, many individual pools setup already, you need to create a pool group under Options -> Pools -> Pool Groups tab. These pools don't have to came from the same pool owners, they can be from Suprnova, Nanopool to any available pools out there really.

MPH, Yiimp based pools are Multipools, they are like...Groups of Pools...rather than Pool Groups, they run their own metrics within multiple algos (and many coins within some algos) that they provide and gauge the profit within their own pools. They have their own switching rules even if you don't use AM, MPM or the likes, some switches between algos, some only between coins of the same algo (Yiimp) and MPH kind of does both to a certain extent.

what AM does is that it combines both Multipools' and non-Multipools' metrics and allows profit switching between pool providers so you get a lot more flexibility but also have your hashrate and earnings more scattered which can be more of a negative impact for casual low hashrate miners since payout threshold then would take longer to achieve.

Hope this doesn't make it more confusing.
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: