Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:02:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700853 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 08:26:12 PM

Hi patrike,

Is it explained in any place how the software choose the maximum profit pool/coin to mine? I have the impression it's not able to change the pool in an optimum way when I mine user defined X11 coins in my baikal. When mining only in multicoin pools (nicehas, zpool, ltcrabbit,...) it seems to work perfect instead.

Thanks
I had some discussion with another user about Baikal miner and I think the conculsion back then was that the Baikal miner didn't support chaning algorithm at the same time the pool was changed. Since then I've also seen discussions about updated firmware for Baikal that could address this.

What happens if you manually try to do 'Change pool' from a X11 pool and to X13 pool using Awesome Miner, while the mining is running? Does that operation work on the Baikal?

Sorry, unfortunately, very very unfortunately, I cannot answer you that question. If any day I can, I will try and send answer to you immediately.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1677686.0

My question is easier, is there any parameter we could play with to try to force the software to check if the mined coin continues being the most profitable and change of pool if necesary (always mining he same algo X11 in this case)?

I have a lot of shitcoins defined in the coin menu, and I have the impression when suddenly a coin diff increases a lot the software tends to continue mining it, at least if it is an user defined coin and in the coins page with the info supplied by the user the coin continues being the most profitable.

Salute
In order to use Awesome Profit Switcher, you need to enable it in the Options dialog, Rules section. See: http://www.awesomeminer.com/guide/awesomeprofit.aspx

However, the miner itself must support change of both pool and algorithm for this feature to work. This is where I'm not sure if the Baikal miner will support these operations.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 08:27:56 PM

Cannot remove/add pools with s9.
Cannot restart with s9.
Hi,
Is the Antminer API running in Restricted mode or Privileged mode? You should be able to see that on the Summary tab.

More information on API privilege settings, and how Awesome Miner can configure it automatically for Antminers:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/minerapi.aspx
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/antminerapi.aspx

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:28:47 PM

Cannot remove/add pools with s9.
Cannot restart with s9.
Hi,
Is the Antminer API running in Restricted mode or Privileged mode? You should be able to see that on the Summary tab.

More information on API privilege settings, and how Awesome Miner can configure it automatically for Antminers:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/minerapi.aspx
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/antminerapi.aspx

Cool, got it.
Started to freak me out, all the miners rebooted/restarted one after the other.
All enabled Privileged mode now.
Man this is a slick tool.
Worth every penny.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
namtr0

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 02:35:56 PM

Thanks for the ZEC update, but my RX 480 8GB are reporting in AwesomeMiner with hashrates of kH/s instead of H/s for ZEC using Claymore no matter the version. My 290x on the same rig reports just fine. If I was making that rate, I'd love it, but could you figure out why it's reporting kH/s on the RX cards only?

http://imgur.com/a/ba1pH
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 09:05:51 PM

Thanks for the ZEC update, but my RX 480 8GB are reporting in AwesomeMiner with hashrates of kH/s instead of H/s for ZEC using Claymore no matter the version. My 290x on the same rig reports just fine. If I was making that rate, I'd love it, but could you figure out why it's reporting kH/s on the RX cards only?
I agree that this looked strange. I have tested with a 280X and an old 7850 and both report correct H/s information, not kH/s.

Could you please send me the API report for the miner that reports incorrect information? Select the miner and go to the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. I think the information reported from the Claymore software is incorrect in this case, but I would like to verify that.

apederzoli

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:43:26 AM

Hi,
I got an update notification so I updated awesome miner.
however the notification keeps coming up, it doesn't matter how many times I update there's always a "new" update.
Anyone else having this problem?
Dexter

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 07:34:01 AM

Is it also possible to monitor Zec optiminer with this tool?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 09:09:24 PM

Hi,
I got an update notification so I updated awesome miner.
however the notification keeps coming up, it doesn't matter how many times I update there's always a "new" update.
Anyone else having this problem?
Hi,
Which version do you have according to Menu -> About?
Is the upgrade working better if you manually download and install the latest version from the website?
http://www.awesomeminer.com/download.aspx

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 09:09:50 PM

Is it also possible to monitor Zec optiminer with this tool?
Claymore's Zcash Miner is the only supported Zcash miner

berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:13:39 AM

Is there any way to define a coin in an active way (as the included in the software, that are automatically updated)  and not only with a btc per hash estimation or an static value, difficulty?? For any reason in user defined coins program seem to be tied to the defined profitability in the coin tab and when difficult increases and dollars per day value decreases it has a lot of problems to make a pool switch, in my opinion principal weak point of this software.
Salute

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 03:25:15 AM

The s9 eBay hacker struck twice in the last two days.
$1500 with psu and free one day ship.
They are using a stack of hacked dormant accounts.
Turns out you can try to login as them and ask for password reset using email or text.
If you poke the real owner several times this way they will discover their account is hacked.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 10:34:59 AM

Is there any way to define a coin in an active way (as the included in the software, that are automatically updated)  and not only with a btc per hash estimation or an static value, difficulty?? For any reason in user defined coins program seem to be tied to the defined profitability in the coin tab and when difficult increases and dollars per day value decreases it has a lot of problems to make a pool switch, in my opinion principal weak point of this software.
Salute
Awesome Miner needs to get the difficulty from somewhere. By default Awesome Miner get statistics from WhatToMine.com, where you for example will see coins like Zclassic (some Zcash clone?). You can select the Zclassic coin for pools in Awesome Miner, although this coin isn't included in Awesome Miner itself. The included coins will have an icon.

In addition to above, you can of course create your own coins and define a static value, difficulty and so on, as you already tried. Some mining software like Cgminer/Sgminer can report current difficulty, and you can configure Awesome Miner to try to get the difficulty from the pool itself while mining (Options dialog -> Coins -> Statistics -> "Revenue calculations bas on network difficulty from: Pool"). Is this the feature you are looking for?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 10:36:42 AM

Awesome Miner version 2.1.1

- The miner setting 'Worker name suffix' has been renamed to 'Add to worker name' and moved to primary settings page for Managed Miners, making it available for Zcash miners as well.
- Claymore's Zcash Miner 7.0
- Claymore's Dual Ethereum Miner 7.4

kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 06:03:14 AM

patrike-
I have an issue I hope you can make a suggestion on, I am running a batch file that calls Claymores Zcash Miner.  It works great except that I am using "Custom Software Upload" to include the batch file (that I have converted to a .exe) so I can select it from the Awesome Miner Properties>Path

It opens perfectly but as the Miner is starting (because of a delay I suspect from the .exe) it attempts to stop the Miner and restart it.  It does not close the miner but actually closes the .exe I guess.  Then it restarts the miner and the cycle continues until I have a bunch of open windows.

Is there a way to extend the length of time Awesome Miner waits before attempting to restart?

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 06:16:09 PM

patrike-
I have an issue I hope you can make a suggestion on, I am running a batch file that calls Claymores Zcash Miner.  It works great except that I am using "Custom Software Upload" to include the batch file (that I have converted to a .exe) so I can select it from the Awesome Miner Properties>Path

It opens perfectly but as the Miner is starting (because of a delay I suspect from the .exe) it attempts to stop the Miner and restart it.  It does not close the miner but actually closes the .exe I guess.  Then it restarts the miner and the cycle continues until I have a bunch of open windows.

Is there a way to extend the length of time Awesome Miner waits before attempting to restart?
Awesome Miner is looking at the process ID of the started process and makes sure that process keeps running. When you first launch a batch file, that launches another process for the mining, it may not be possible for Awesome Miner to know if the mining is actually running.

What is the reason for having the batch-file? You can specify command line parameters directly for a Managed Miner in the "Command Line" section.

zodiacus

Activity: 19
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:44:11 PM

hello Patrik

our mine is in Venezuela and temps here is our main concern because of our warm climate...we run industrial grade ventilation on our warehouse....our miners usually run in the high 60's in the daytime and sometimes peak on the low 70s for a couple of hours on hot days at noon. we would like the protection to trigger in the rare case of a ventilation failure on our warehouse to protect the miners...since we don't have a dedicated staff there all the time.

do you have any more info on the overheat protection rule.....I see it defaults at 96 degrees, it seems quite high for Antminers, antminers are supposed to stop hashing at 80 deg, but i've seen them reach 80 deg and stay at 80 in the past , look like they don't really to stop working when they reach 80 deg with their built in overheat protection in the firmware ....any recommendations?

thanks in advance
rjg

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:31:06 AM

Patrik,

Can we get an additional scale in the "Performance History" settings for non SHA of just H/s?  This would be useful for monitoring the performance while we are working with Equihash (ZEC, ZCL).

Thanks!
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:54:21 PM

Hi Patrik,

Want to hear if it is possible for Awesome to work through Hamachi VPN ?
If you have several locations with a direct VPN tunnel through Hamachi VPN, would awesome work then and monitor miners on that scope of IP ?
Problem for Hamachi is that it distribute an virtual IP and I do not know if Awesome would work through a Virtual IP and see both the local IP subnet and the virtual IP ?
Still best software ever  Wink

Xircom

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 08:52:44 PM

hello Patrik

our mine is in Venezuela and temps here is our main concern because of our warm climate...we run industrial grade ventilation on our warehouse....our miners usually run in the high 60's in the daytime and sometimes peak on the low 70s for a couple of hours on hot days at noon. we would like the protection to trigger in the rare case of a ventilation failure on our warehouse to protect the miners...since we don't have a dedicated staff there all the time.

do you have any more info on the overheat protection rule.....I see it defaults at 96 degrees, it seems quite high for Antminers, antminers are supposed to stop hashing at 80 deg, but i've seen them reach 80 deg and stay at 80 in the past , look like they don't really to stop working when they reach 80 deg with their built in overheat protection in the firmware ....any recommendations?

thanks in advance

Hi,
The "Device Temperature" trigger should be possible to use in this case. The default value is 96 degrees because a device can also be a GPU when doing GPU mining, and they can run over 90 degree in some cases. For an Antminer, you are fully correct that the device temperature should trigger much earlier, and around 80 is probably a good idea.

Please note that you can also change "Temperature source" to "Antminer chip", if you want the trigger to look at the temperatures of the Antminer chips (instead of the PCB temperature). The chip temperatures are typically much higher, about 90 - 100 degrees. In the Summary tab in Awesome Miner, you can also see the current chip temperature.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 08:56:16 PM

Can we get an additional scale in the "Performance History" settings for non SHA of just H/s?  This would be useful for monitoring the performance while we are working with Equihash (ZEC, ZCL).
Good point, I will implement that in next release.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: