Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:03:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700849 times)
topgeek

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:02:33 PM

Suggestion:

When you right click a miner - please add a "CANCEL" option.

If one clicks START and it fails to start and sits there stuck at "starting" there is no way to reset it. 
You end up having to kill the application and then restart it - messing up all of the other miners as a result.

A Cancel option (or a timeout that detects a failed start) would be extremely useful.

thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 08:09:03 AM

Suggestion:

When you right click a miner - please add a "CANCEL" option.

If one clicks START and it fails to start and sits there stuck at "starting" there is no way to reset it. 
You end up having to kill the application and then restart it - messing up all of the other miners as a result.

A Cancel option (or a timeout that detects a failed start) would be extremely useful.

thanks.
I can investigate that for sure. However, I still would like to look at the log files for the problem you had. Could you mail me both the log for Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent, and let me know what time you experience the problem?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
panchalsai

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 01:12:39 PM

Changelog

Version 2.2 (2016-12-07)
- SgMiner-gm with Zcash mining and CryptoNight (Monero) support
- Device issue detection can include disabled devices
- Added context menu items for miner list to move miners to another group and to sort miners by name
- Claymore's Zcash Miner 9.0
- Minor corrections

in new version antminer s7 is stop if i open awsome miner software
and if awsomeminer software is open and i restart miner manually due then miner can't startup its hash rate showing zero.
and one more things want to told you awsome miner didn't automatically restart miner if some error came like internet connectivity lost awsomeminer never restart the miner.
another problem is if i click on restart a specific miner then miner cant restart i need to shutdown power switch and again on it by manually  and one more thing awsomeminer not support new antiminer s9 batch
panchalsai

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 02:17:56 PM

I need some help figuring out what is going on.  I have a Premium edition license.

Awesome Miner is controlling a remote machine with Calymore Zcash miner on it.
Everything was working fine.

I stopped the miner with awesome miner and now I cannot restart it. 
It says "starting" and just sits there.

I rebooted both computers and the same thing - awesome miner cannot start remote miner.. it just says "starting"
I can log into the remote miner and start the miner just fine with the batch file using the same .exe that awesome miner is pointed to.

In Awesome Miner I open options / managed hosts and select the machine the remote miner is on and it says:
"Successfully connected to Awesome Miner Remote Service 2.2"
so I know it sees it ok (and all network connections/shares to it work perfectly including drive shares and remote desktop).

How do I go about determining why Awesome miner won't re-start a miner that it started just fine only hours before when nothing has changed?

same problem im facing i have premium version but many function not work properly i put all the problem im facing
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 05:45:24 PM

in new version antminer s7 is stop if i open awsome miner software
and if awsomeminer software is open and i restart miner manually due then miner can't startup its hash rate showing zero.
and one more things want to told you awsome miner didn't automatically restart miner if some error came like internet connectivity lost awsomeminer never restart the miner.
another problem is if i click on restart a specific miner then miner cant restart i need to shutdown power switch and again on it by manually  and one more thing awsomeminer not support new antiminer s9 batch
In a default configuration, there are nothing in Awesome Miner that stops an Antminer. Have you defined any Rules with an action to restart? Have you enabled the feature to automatically configure Antminer API Access? Both these settings are available in the Options dialog. Could you please provide me with more details of what your configuration looks like?

If you want to configure Awesome Miner to restart on lost Internet connection, you need to define a rule that would cover that case. For example if the 'Accepted' hasn't increased for 5 or 10 minutes?

Which Antminer S9 batch are you used? I do know that the frequency change feature is not longer supported by the later batches of Antminer. But is it something else that isn't working? If that's the case, could you please provide me with an API report (Toolbar: Tools -> API Report) for that Antminer.

I need some help figuring out what is going on.  I have a Premium edition license.

Awesome Miner is controlling a remote machine with Calymore Zcash miner on it.
Everything was working fine.

I stopped the miner with awesome miner and now I cannot restart it.  
It says "starting" and just sits there.

I rebooted both computers and the same thing - awesome miner cannot start remote miner.. it just says "starting"
I can log into the remote miner and start the miner just fine with the batch file using the same .exe that awesome miner is pointed to.

In Awesome Miner I open options / managed hosts and select the machine the remote miner is on and it says:
"Successfully connected to Awesome Miner Remote Service 2.2"
so I know it sees it ok (and all network connections/shares to it work perfectly including drive shares and remote desktop).

How do I go about determining why Awesome miner won't re-start a miner that it started just fine only hours before when nothing has changed?

same problem im facing i have premium version but many function not work properly i put all the problem im facing
The issue reported by topgeek was related to Claymore's ZCash miner. Are you running this ZCash miner in addition to the Antminers?

In general, please provide me log files and the requested details for the problems being reported. By doing that, it makes it easier/possible to provide solutions. Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
trins123

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:05:45 PM

Hi Patrike,

I am using Awesome miner premium and I really like your program, but I dont know how to connect Innosilicon A4 dominator with managed miner feature.

I was able to get priviliged access to the A4 external miner via Putty and ssh, but this does not allow me to use coin profitability switching feature.
For ASIC's, the only option is to use External Miner. The External Miner feature is connecting to the API of the miner and can do management (if privileged access is enabled, which you have) and also monitoring.

Managed Miner is only available on the computer running Awesome Miner or Remote Agent, where Awesome Miner is in full control of starting the mining process.

In general, Profit Switching is working for External Miners as well. In you case, what are you trying to profit switch between? Different Scrypt coins/pools?

Hi,

I got profit switching working for different coins by first setting a new pool group. In this group I have excluded the pools defined in default A4 dominator pools setup (otherwise switching doesnt work). When I manualy add this new list of pools to a miner, then switching works ok.

First problem is that when the miner restarts itself, the pool group is not automatically assigned to a miner and switching is limited to 3 pools/coins only.

I have tryed setting a rule:
Trigger: every 10 min (for testing)
Action: Change group pool, but it doesnt work. It only works if I want to change the pool. Is this normal or am I missing something?

My other question is which statistics provider would you recommend and how often in minutes the switching should be checked?

My third question is where can we find block explorer API url list for different wallets info?

What does the failover only mean when in pools setting?

Regards,
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:40:34 PM

I've been loving Awesome Miner, Patrike. 

Very much appreciated, Sir!

I humbly bow to what you've accomplished thus far with Awesome Miner.

Keep up the great work, Sir.

Cheers,

David

Everyone is human...     Grin     We hope...        Cheesy

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 04:23:33 PM

Hi,

I got profit switching working for different coins by first setting a new pool group. In this group I have excluded the pools defined in default A4 dominator pools setup (otherwise switching doesnt work). When I manualy add this new list of pools to a miner, then switching works ok.

First problem is that when the miner restarts itself, the pool group is not automatically assigned to a miner and switching is limited to 3 pools/coins only.

Action: Change group pool, but it doesnt work. It only works if I want to change the pool. Is this normal or am I missing something?

My other question is which statistics provider would you recommend and how often in minutes the switching should be checked?

My third question is where can we find block explorer API url list for different wallets info?

Regards,
I'm not familiar with the pool setup on the A4 miner. Is the pool defined in the miner to always possible to override from Awesome Miner? Is there a limitation on the miner itself to not have more than 3 pools defined?

In addition to Nicehash, Awesome Miner can also get coin statistics for WhatToMine and Coinwarz, where the WhatToMine API is available for free. Anything between 10-30 minutes should be fine for profit switching.

I would recommend looking at the official coin thread here on the forum for available Block Explorers. Awesome Miner supports a few explorer API's, and I can add support for more if needed.

Failover-only is a cgminer/sgminer pool setting that is used to indicate that the primary pool should be used all the time, unless it's unavailable.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 04:26:54 PM

Awesome Miner 2.2.1 has been released

- Performance history improved for low hashrate statistics
- Diagnostics feature for Managed Miners. Can be used if a miner isn't starting properly.
- Improved logging for fault isolation
- Claymore's Zcash Miner 9.1

berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:19:55 PM

Hi Patrike,

It's any way to switch the miner from one pool to another in a group of pools at fixed times??? I have been playing with the rules tab but i don't find the way...

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:58:39 PM

Cool software, te tiered pricing scheme is pretty frigin aggressive, Really no way to get all the features without dropping $200?

This is pretty much the reason photoshop and other software is pirated so damn heavily.
All for supporting, but even buying the cheaper version to handle a small number of miners, the software is gutted.

Very sad to see Sad

Edit: and you don't accept crypto payments??? Sad
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 05:31:10 AM

It's any way to switch the miner from one pool to another in a group of pools at fixed times??? I have been playing with the rules tab but i don't find the way...
That should be possible with the Rules. If you create a Trigger of the type Time, you can select a specific time of the day. Then you add an Action of type Miner Command, and select Change Group Pool.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 05:46:52 AM

Cool software, te tiered pricing scheme is pretty frigin aggressive, Really no way to get all the features without dropping $200?

This is pretty much the reason photoshop and other software is pirated so damn heavily.
All for supporting, but even buying the cheaper version to handle a small number of miners, the software is gutted.

Very sad to see Sad

The feature levels are structured in a way that aligns well with what most users require, but it may not be a perfect fit for everyone. The Enterprise Edition (up to 40 miners, $200) that you bring up is actually only adding the Security and Multi-user access control features. That feature is almost never used if you have only a few miners, but instead if you have a larger number of miners where more people are involved.

So if you don't need that feature, but want everything else, you can aim for the Premium Edition (up to 20 miners, $100). Then it's of course possible to discuss what a good price level is. I typically bring up how much people are spending on hardware, like $1500 for a single Antminer S9, where 20 of those will be $30000. If you can afford $30000 for the hardware, paying $100 for the software to monitor them isn't a big deal. If you run 20 computers for GPU mining the hardware cost is of course much lower, but $100 should still be affordable in that scenario.

There are many happy users of Awesome Miner that think it's worth every penny, because the software helps them to save more money than what they payed for the license. Also keep in mind that Awesome Miner is a quite specialized software, it doesn't have a market of millions of people like other software do.

Bitcoin payments were supported earlier this year, but I had to discontinue that support. The payment processor I use right now have plans to support Bitcoin payments, but it has been delayed. I do constantly remind them because it was promised to happen during 2016. I do want to support Bitcoin payments on the web site again. If you are interested in paying the software with Bitcoin, please contact me by e-mail instead and we can sort it out. Thanks for your comments.

trins123

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 10:35:18 AM

Hi,

Regards,
I'm not familiar with the pool setup on the A4 miner. Is the pool defined in the miner to always possible to override from Awesome Miner? Is there a limitation on the miner itself to not have more than 3 pools defined?

In addition to Nicehash, Awesome Miner can also get coin statistics for WhatToMine and Coinwarz, where the WhatToMine API is available for free. Anything between 10-30 minutes should be fine for profit switching.

I would recommend looking at the official coin thread here on the forum for available Block Explorers. Awesome Miner supports a few explorer API's, and I can add support for more if needed.

Failover-only is a cgminer/sgminer pool setting that is used to indicate that the primary pool should be used all the time, unless it's unavailable.

HI,

A4 default settings only have 3 pools option to setup. When using Awesome miner more pools can be added and manual adding/changing of pools works ok.

The problem is when miner restarts itself, all but default 3 pools are active (other pools are gone and profit switching is limited).

Maybe you can help me setup a rule (after miner restarts itself) to add a group of new pools to a miner? Currently only "change pool" rule works automatically and not "add new group of pools".

Regads,
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 08:24:16 PM

Hi,

Regards,

HI,

A4 default settings only have 3 pools option to setup. When using Awesome miner more pools can be added and manual adding/changing of pools works ok.

The problem is when miner restarts itself, all but default 3 pools are active (other pools are gone and profit switching is limited).

Maybe you can help me setup a rule (after miner restarts itself) to add a group of new pools to a miner? Currently only "change pool" rule works automatically and not "add new group of pools".

Regads,
It sound like we can't do much about that the miner revert back to the preconfigured pool, but you are correct that the rules should work.

If you have a rule with a Miner Command action using "Change pool group", what happens? If you enable "Support manual activation" for the rule, you have an Actions button in the toolbar where you can try to trigger the rule manually. Once you know that is working, we can try to come up with a Trigger to do it automatically

mr.bitcoinerf11

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 08:35:20 PM

best software i have ever seen

▬▬▬▬▬▬ BeOne ICO  ■ Blockchain revolutionizes education ■ BeOne ICO ▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread Facebook Telegram Twitter
■ ICO on September 7 ■ Bonus up to 50%
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 10:36:21 PM

Very sad to see Sad

The feature levels are structured in a way that aligns well with what most users require, but it may not be a perfect fit for everyone. The Enterprise Edition (up to 40 miners, $200) that you bring up is actually only adding the Security and Multi-user access control features. That feature is almost never used if you have only a few miners, but instead if you have a larger number of miners where more people are involved.

So if you don't need that feature, but want everything else, you can aim for the Premium Edition (up to 20 miners, $100). Then it's of course possible to discuss what a good price level is. I typically bring up how much people are spending on hardware, like $1500 for a single Antminer S9, where 20 of those will be $30000. If you can afford $30000 for the hardware, paying $100 for the software to monitor them isn't a big deal. If you run 20 computers for GPU mining the hardware cost is of course much lower, but $100 should still be affordable in that scenario.

There are many happy users of Awesome Miner that think it's worth every penny, because the software helps them to save more money than what they payed for the license. Also keep in mind that Awesome Miner is a quite specialized software, it doesn't have a market of millions of people like other software do.

Bitcoin payments were supported earlier this year, but I had to discontinue that support. The payment processor I use right now have plans to support Bitcoin payments, but it has been delayed. I do constantly remind them because it was promised to happen during 2016. I do want to support Bitcoin payments on the web site again. If you are interested in paying the software with Bitcoin, please contact me by e-mail instead and we can sort it out. Thanks for your comments.

The remote control feature is what intrigues me. I want to setup a home pc I can remote into for making changes and use this software, as I assume I install the base software on the home pc and can sign into it from another pc anywhere? But I'm still a big confused on that part of it.
I will support the software, and the features are fine, the number of miners is a bit low though. For what people may use.
Bluecheese

Activity: 104
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 06:16:37 AM

It'll install but won't run.  Do I'm sure I have the latest .Net files; are there any other files I need to install?

trins123

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 09:36:19 AM

Hi,

Regards,

HI,

Regads,
It sound like we can't do much about that the miner revert back to the preconfigured pool, but you are correct that the rules should work.

If you have a rule with a Miner Command action using "Change pool group", what happens? If you enable "Support manual activation" for the rule, you have an Actions button in the toolbar where you can try to trigger the rule manually. Once you know that is working, we can try to come up with a Trigger to do it automatically

Hi.

I did following:

triggers: time interval: 0h 3min 0s
actions: notification, change pool --> group x

support manual activation: on
Failover only: no

I found this in details log:
20. 12. 2016 10:09:10.771 [001] [ExternalMiner#4 - Miner 1] Change Pool: Litecoin
20. 12. 2016 10:09:10.771 [001] [E]System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
20. 12. 2016 10:09:10.771 [001] [E]   at AwesomeMiner.Components.Intelligence.Providers.PoolProvider.ChangeGroup(IMinerBase miner, IGroupPool pool)
   at AwesomeMiner.Components.Intelligence.RuleAction.MinerCommandAction.Execute(List`1 minerList, RuleBase rule)
   at AwesomeMiner.Components.Intelligence.UserRule.ExecuteAction(List`1 minerList)
20. 12. 2016 10:09:12.108 [010] Execute API, Hostname: 192.168.1.212:4028, Command: {"command":"config"}

Change POOL GROUP only works when:
- first manually clicking the menu options (then pools are added to miners list)
- doesnt work with rules to add pools to miner list
- changes are gone after miner restart

Change Pool only works when
- first manualy clicking the menu options (then pools are added to miners list)
- works with rules
- changes are gone after miner restart (only works with 3 default miner pools defined in a4)

I hope this helps, maybe someone finds the solution..
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 09:08:27 PM

The remote control feature is what intrigues me. I want to setup a home pc I can remote into for making changes and use this software, as I assume I install the base software on the home pc and can sign into it from another pc anywhere? But I'm still a big confused on that part of it.
I will support the software, and the features are fine, the number of miners is a bit low though. For what people may use.
In a basic setup, it looks like this:
[Awesome Miner]
Where you only have Awesome Miner main software that can do both mining and monitoring. It can connect to remote ASIC's as well.

If you want to control a remote control another PC for mining purposes, it looks like this:
[Awesome Miner] <--> [Awesome Miner Remote Agent]
Awesome Miner can connect to many Remote Agents and control the mining on all of them

If you want to access Awesome Miner from a smart phone or another PC, you can use the web interface. This is optional:
[Awesome Miner Web] <--> [Awesome Miner] <--> [Awesome Miner Remote Agent]

In the future there will also be a cloud option...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: