Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:13:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700841 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 05:23:44 AM

does one get paid in BTC or in the coin that one is currently mining?
This related to which pool you are mining when you use Awesome Miner. If you want to get started with as little configuration as possible, you simply create a Managed Profit Miner and enter your Bitcoin address for the Nicehash service, and then you will have a setup that is mining the most profitable coin/algorithm, and payments are made in Bitcoin to your Bitcoin address.

You also have the option to mine on any other pool and then get payed in the coin you are currently mining. Again, this depends on the pool and Awesome Miner supports all these scenarios.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jenia1

Activity: 504
Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:07:14 AM

This related to which pool you are mining when you use Awesome Miner. If you want to get started with as little configuration as possible, you simply create a Managed Profit Miner and enter your Bitcoin address for the Nicehash service, and then you will have a setup that is mining the most profitable coin/algorithm, and payments are made in Bitcoin to your Bitcoin address.

You also have the option to mine on any other pool and then get payed in the coin you are currently mining. Again, this depends on the pool and Awesome Miner supports all these scenarios.

trying to do the st way you have mentioned.
creating a new managed miner, and it asks me for existing or new pool,worker name and password. which pool is that and why do i need it if i wanna get payed in BTC?

Making mining profitable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                   █████████
                             ███      ████████   █████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                             ███       ███████   █████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
Equipment supply & transportation
Linking investors & ideas

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 05:08:06 PM

creating a new managed miner, and it asks me for existing or new pool,worker name and password. which pool is that and why do i need it if i wanna get payed in BTC?
Hi,
The easiest way to do this is to use the Wizard. If you follow the steps in this guide you will see that you don't have to create a pool manually. Instead you just enter your Bitcoin address. "See section Managed Profit Switching: Setup a single miner":
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
jenia1

Activity: 504
Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:56:16 PM

Hi,
The easiest way to do this is to use the Wizard. If you follow the steps in this guide you will see that you don't have to create a pool manually. Instead you just enter your Bitcoin address. "See section Managed Profit Switching: Setup a single miner":

|
thank you for your input but this guide is outdated. the program now looks different for me atleast, i do not have the option "managed profit miner" but i do have "managed miner" and when i click it the steps are totally different . and although i try to kinda cross between the new miner and the old guide i still cant make it work.

Making mining profitable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                   █████████
                             ███      ████████   █████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                             ███       ███████   █████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
Equipment supply & transportation
Linking investors & ideas

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 04:07:56 AM

Hi,

|
thank you for your input but this guide is outdated. the program now looks different for me atleast, i do not have the option "managed profit miner" but i do have "managed miner" and when i click it the steps are totally different . and although i try to kinda cross between the new miner and the old guide i still cant make it work.
Sorry - I thought you already were running the latest development release. The guide is actually for the very latest version of the software. Please upgrade to the development version 2.9.2 according to the instructions here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg18621070#msg18621070

Kartoff

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:42:30 PM

Just installed this program and add 2 rigs, but now i can'find where to delete them... Somebody can help me with that ?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 05:56:56 PM

Just installed this program and add 2 rigs, but now i can'find where to delete them... Somebody can help me with that ?
You will find this in the Options dialog that you can access from the toolbar. Go to either External Miner or Managed Miners section in the Options dialog, depending on what kind of miner you added. Here you will find the operations to add, edit and delete them.

Kartoff

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:20:25 AM

You will find this in the Options dialog that you can access from the toolbar. Go to either External Miner or Managed Miners section in the Options dialog, depending on what kind of miner you added. Here you will find the operations to add, edit and delete them.

Thank you very much for answer Smiley I managed to delete it so i successful added managed miner... But now some more curiosity pop up in my head... I see when i add IP contains claymore miner it can restart it or something and also managed miner dont have any security... How can i prevent someone to get in ?
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:45:19 AM

Thank you very much for answer Smiley I managed to delete it so i successful added managed miner... But now some more curiosity pop up in my head... I see when i add IP contains claymore miner it can restart it or something and also managed miner dont have any security... How can i prevent someone to get in ?
This is because of the remote port in Claymore Miners:
-mport   remote monitoring/management port. Default value is -3333 (read-only mode), specify "-mport 0" to disable remote monitoring/management feature.

After disabling this port you will most probably also not be able to administrate it via Awesome Miner.
Kartoff

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:59:02 AM

This is because of the remote port in Claymore Miners:
-mport   remote monitoring/management port. Default value is -3333 (read-only mode), specify "-mport 0" to disable remote monitoring/management feature.

After disabling this port you will most probably also not be able to administrate it via Awesome Miner.

Thank you Smiley I knew it there are some tweaks i never made... Also i think to switch to Awesome miner in the future and did find already how to set password to remotes and now i am happy Smiley
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 09:09:40 PM

Awesome Miner development release v2.9.3 (preview of v3.0)

Read this post about the v3.0 previews in general:

New in v2.9.3:
- Redesigned user interface for algorithm and hashrate configuration
- Antminer L3+ support
- Performance and stability improvements
- A few minor corrections and improvements

Please make sure to run the same version of both Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 11:03:34 PM

For those of you running the latest development versions (v2.9.2 or later) - you will now have the possibility to try the new feature "Update mining software definitions".

Claymore Ethereum Dual Miner version 9.3 was just released, and without having to upgrade the version of Awesome Miner, you can now get access to this software via the automatic download feature.

First make sure you have enabled "Check for new version of mining software for automatic download" in the Options dialog, General section. Then click on Menu -> Update mining software definitions. Done! Next time you start a Claymore Ethereum miner, it will automatically download and run version 9.3 for you.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:27:11 PM

For those of you running the latest development versions (v2.9.2 or later) - you will now have the possibility to try the new feature "Update mining software definitions".

Claymore Ethereum Dual Miner version 9.3 was just released, and without having to upgrade the version of Awesome Miner, you can now get access to this software via the automatic download feature.

First make sure you have enabled "Check for new version of mining software for automatic download" in the Options dialog, General section. Then click on Menu -> Update mining software definitions. Done! Next time you start a Claymore Ethereum miner, it will automatically download and run version 9.3 for you.

"Update mining software definitions".
worked for me ,
I love the other new feature "System" lots of info without the need for API access, wish it worked some how with Linux for networked miners, ....other wise it's great !! .. works better to me then API access for managed miners for info if you use Claymore's software but it would be nice if claymore would give us better API access, Ive tired to get him to do it ,, he ignores me ..sigh ...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 04:07:25 PM

"Update mining software definitions".
worked for me ,
I love the other new feature "System" lots of info without the need for API access, wish it worked some how with Linux for networked miners, ....other wise it's great !! .. works better to me then API access for managed miners for info if you use Claymore's software but it would be nice if claymore would give us better API access, Ive tired to get him to do it ,, he ignores me ..sigh ...
Thanks for the feedback.
The new System tab also gives you this GPU and CPU monitoring information even when no mining is running, which is another benefit compared to getting the information from the API of a specific miner. It will however only be available for Managed Miner, as the External Miners only is based on the miner API.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:05:40 PM

Good job with some of these changes, definitely shaping things up. I have another weird idea that people would pay money for, but is a niche and not exploited right now.

If you're looking at add a addition to your software consider adding a easy to setup localized pool for solo mining. Right now some coins don't work well or at all solo mining with the wallet QT so you have to setup pool software to make it work. There are a few different distributions available online, making it easy to use and setup is definitely a feature I'd be willing to pay extra for and I'm sure some others would as well. It would also help you to sell larger licenses with added 'solo coin pool' support.

Definitely something to think about to add robustness to your software.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:34:12 PM

I have asking this already in Claymore Thread, but did not get a useful response so far. Maybe someone here has an idea how to solve my problem with Awesome Miner:

I do have some Rigs running Windows 10 and I do access them via Teamviewer. Sometimes the rigs (randomly from my point of view) stop hashing and when I connect to it it looks like this:

Since this happens quite often I had the chance to see what happens before: For some reason Windows 10 shows an error claiming that Windows blocks access to (I think it was) Radeon settings which causes Claymore Miner to stop (or maybe stop GPU working so the watchdog restarts Claymore).
I did try different driver versions as of right now I am using the recommended 16.2.2.

In those cases I have to reboot the rig, but unfortunately sometimes not all GPUs start hashing after start of CM. CM states that the GPU hangs in OpenCL call and watchdog restarts CM which can also lead to the screen above.
I do have this problem on all my rigs, so I would appreciate any idea that might help.

It would also be an option if Awesome Miner could monitor the miner if it is still hashing and, if it is not, reboot the whole Rig (since this seems to be the only way to solve this I think). Currently I am rebooting manually, up to 10 times until all cards are hashing and I do not get a watchdog restart due to the watchdog.

Thank you!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 08:14:25 PM

Good job with some of these changes, definitely shaping things up. I have another weird idea that people would pay money for, but is a niche and not exploited right now.

If you're looking at add a addition to your software consider adding a easy to setup localized pool for solo mining. Right now some coins don't work well or at all solo mining with the wallet QT so you have to setup pool software to make it work. There are a few different distributions available online, making it easy to use and setup is definitely a feature I'd be willing to pay extra for and I'm sure some others would as well. It would also help you to sell larger licenses with added 'solo coin pool' support.

Thanks for your feedback.

It's in interesting idea, but I have to say that I'm not too familiar with solo mining and pool software at the moment. I had another idea in the past of integrating a stratum proxy that you could control from Awesome Miner, but that's of course another use case.

I have another feature in the pipeline that you might like. Large scale GPU clocking without using mining software, but instead doing remote control of MSI Afterburner. I will post information about that one within the next hour.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 08:26:39 PM

In those cases I have to reboot the rig, but unfortunately sometimes not all GPUs start hashing after start of CM. CM states that the GPU hangs in OpenCL call and watchdog restarts CM which can also lead to the screen above.
I do have this problem on all my rigs, so I would appreciate any idea that might help.

It would also be an option if Awesome Miner could monitor the miner if it is still hashing and, if it is not, reboot the whole Rig (since this seems to be the only way to solve this I think). Currently I am rebooting manually, up to 10 times until all cards are hashing and I do not get a watchdog restart due to the watchdog.
From an Awesome Miner point of view, you should be able to use the Rules (Options dialog, Rules section) for this. If no GPU at all is hashing it would be possible to use the "Accept progress" rule that takes care of the scenario where the number of Accepted shares isn't increasing. If only a few GPU's are hashing, it should be indicated on the hashrate in some way. You can then use the Check Statistics trigger with property "Hashrate 5s" to define multiple checkmarks for the hashrate. If current, 1 min ago, 2 min ago hashrates are all below a certain level you could trigger an Action. The action can be a reboot.

When looking at the statistics reported to Awesome Miner, how do you see that Claymore isn't operating as it should? Is it only that the hashrate is lower than it should?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 09:06:15 PM

Awesome Miner development release v2.9.4 (preview of v3.0)

Read this post about the v3.0 previews in general:

Please make sure to run the same version of both Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent.

New in v2.9.4:
- Large scale GPU overclocking and configuration settings for remote systems without dependency on mining software having to run

Awesome Miner can change GPU settings, including GPU core speed and fan speed. The operation can be performed on a large scale - on many miners at the same time. This feature is available on all computers where Awesome Miner or Awesome Miner Remote Agent are running, and available without having to run any mining software. Instead, Awesome Miner uses MSI Afterburner to perform the operations where all common nVidia and AMD graphics cards are supported. Read more on the web site.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:05:19 AM

Thanks for your feedback.

It's in interesting idea, but I have to say that I'm not too familiar with solo mining and pool software at the moment. I had another idea in the past of integrating a stratum proxy that you could control from Awesome Miner, but that's of course another use case.

I have another feature in the pipeline that you might like. Large scale GPU clocking without using mining software, but instead doing remote control of MSI Afterburner. I will post information about that one within the next hour.

Yup, didn't think it would be something you're super familiar with, but a possibility in the future if you're looking to expand into different areas.

I use MSI afterburner currently on all of my rigs to OC, so it's definitely a option. As I mentioned before I would consider staying away from third party software if possible. Both AMD and Nvidia have built in overclocking through their APIs within their drivers. That's what afterburner accesses. Nvidia inspector is a popular program which also accesses this. Limiting dependencies and possible things that can go wrong is definitely a good idea. You shouldn't need to install a billion programs to get full functionality out of AM. I know it's more work for you, but it makes for a better full flushed out product.

It's a good place to start, not somewhere where you'd want to finish though.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: