Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:04:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700828 times)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:55:53 AM

Good development. Looks like most of my points you're already addressing. Dynamic IP allocation is pretty standard. So while maybe you haven't gotten a request for adding computer names (hostnames) instead of IP, it could also be because a lot of miners currently use work arounds instead of reporting issues. IE static IP allocation. Hammering out that post for instance took a decent amount of time (as do your responses).

Seems as though you haven't fully implemented and integrated Afterburner and a lot of my issues stem from that.

"No. Do you want this for all mining software, or only specific? The reason why I'm asking is if this could be a global setting to control this behavior."

It's not specific. Sometimes, depending on the algo, depending on the miner you'll run into weird cases of CPU utilization and you have to adjust it. This isn't predictable. Affinity is another option that also would be useful and I do use (assigning the miner to certain cores).

Another issue I noticed is running the MSI remote process is a chore. You can't set it to run on startup without a lot of work arounds, I don't know why it's not integrated into Afterburner as a option, but it's not. If there is a way that AM service could automatically run this process it would be very helpful. I know this is kind of a pointing fingers thing as Afterburner really should take care of this, but it doesn't. Tangent to the above and not a high priority, but if you could set a list of software you want to have running on the PC and have AM start it up and make sure the process is running would be good as well.

Afterburner monitors a lot of this information (I assume you're eventually going to pull CPU information from it), but if you're looking for system information that's pretty accurate, HWinfo covers most of it and comes with it's own API. https://www.hwinfo.com/sdk.php

Going back to the discrepancies between Afterburner reported GPU, System reported GPU, and miner reported GPU stats (which should be noted clearly somewhere), why does AM wait till the miner is running before reporting GPU stats? Is this because some of the information is pulled from the miner? It would be nice if it was reported all the time even if you can't report things like hashrate till the system is fully mining. Sometimes you'll be using a miner that isn't supported by AM as well (which is why being independent from mining software is a good thing).

I haven't take time to play around with this yet, but when running a completely foreign miner (IE nothing AM is built for), I assume AM will monitor the process and while it can't see what's happening inside of it as it doesn't have a API (black box), it should be able to tell when the process hangs according to the system and restart it. Additionally adding the ability for the miner to be restarted every X number of minutes would be useful. Currently a miner unsupported by AM I'm mining with requires me to change the priority on it and since I can't do that, I can't use AM with it.

This is a small niggle, but every time I update AM it breaks my desktop shortcut. XD

Looking pretty good, bought a large license so threw some money your way today.
Still needs some polish, specifically with adding devices.
First of all, thanks for putting all this feedback together. I will comment on some of the items below, but keep in mind that I do take notes of all suggestions - so some of your points will be, or already are, planned for the future even if I don't add any specific comment.

-When you add a device through scanning the network it shouldn't add the device based on IP, it should be based on computer name. Almost all miners will have dynamic IP allocation and adding IPs is a fools errand.
I can plan to add a setting for this when you do the network scanning. Although using DHCP is common, most routers assign the same IP to the same computer (MAC address) all the time. However, a router can fail and be replaced, so I do see your point. I've actually never had a request on this in the past, and there are people using Awesome Miner with very large numbers of miners.

-You should be allowed to mass add devices through the network.
Isn't that the network scanning you refered to above? Some people use it to add hundreds of miners at a time.

-Adding a 'host' still shouldn't be a thing, the device name should be the hostname. Perhaps allowing you to custom overide it. Right now you have to click through adding a hosts dialogue box which is a waste of time.
When you add multiple miners using the network scan, you don't have to create the hosts. They are created automatically. I do understand that you don't want to use this feature now because of the IP vs hostname point above, but this is still just a result of not using the network scan.

-If you add more then 10 devices it should display a warning and tell you that you should probably enable performance mode (AM basically becomes unresponsive at that point).
I just investigated this one and actually found a bug introduced in the recent 3.0 release, where you sometimes when adding new miners run into this. I correction will be available soon. Performance mode is intended for much more miners than that.

-With the addition of GPU OCing through AM via Afterburner there needs to be a distinction between what the miner is reporting and what the system sees as devices. As you know a CUDA or OCL device may not be directly named the same as the way the system sees it. I see that you allow people to change the order of the devices through map to system monitoring. I'm not sure what's being reported by the miner, through CUDA/OCL, and through the system. Trying to figure out what connects to what is very convoluted.
Different mining software reports the GPU's in different orders, and sometimes you don't even assign all GPU's on the system to the same mining software. The same mining software can also report GPU orders differently depending on custom command line parameters. In addition to all that, you can run Ethereum mining on two GPU's and Zcash mining on the other three for example. The only way to support this is to force the user to do some mapping. At first I was thinking of trying to match simliar fan speeds and temperatures to automatically do the mapping, but that's not stable enough.

-For some reason powertune stats aren't being displayed on the GPU tab.
That one is only available from some mining software, like sgminer. So why don't Awesome Miner bring in this value just like GPU and memory clock? The monitoring library currently used to get GPU information can actually not read the powertune value.

This also brings us to another point about how Awesome Miner get the GPU information. First of all it uses the information from the mining software. When using the mapping feature, you can bring in the GPU monitoring information that Awesome Miner itself (with help of a monitoring library) can get. By doing this all users of Awesome Miner can get much more GPU information without even running MSI Afterburner.

At the moment, MSI Afterburner is only used to set GPU parameters (the GPU clocking dialog), not to display them on the GPU tab. This is subject to change, because if you do run Afterburner, it would of course be fully possible to use the display values from there. There are however fewer users that will run Afterburner, so it will not be available for everyone. In the future there will probably be some concept where Afterburner data will be used if available, and than fallback to the GPU monitoring that is always available in Awesome Miner.

-For some reason you have to click on map to system monitoring > display system monitoring data in the GPU tab in order for the GPU tab to actually become active (why is this a option?)
This is to force the user to look at the list of GPU's and consider the mapping. If I would just bring in the GPU monitoring information right away, it would be so many questions from users about GPU statistics not being displayed correctly.

-CPU monitoring doesn't seem to work. That can be monitored through Afterburner as well. AB has built in monitoring for that.
CPU monitoring information is unfortunately only available if you run a process as Administrator. If you would run Awesome Miner Remote Agent as administrator, you would probably see more info.

MSI Afterburner always runs as Administrator and will of course have access to this information. This relates to the point earlier that Afterburner isn't used for monitoring yet.

-In the compact list view when you're looking at GPUs it only displays the temperature of one GPU, instead of this you could simply seperate all the GPUs with a comma so you can display all the GPUs from a system there for easy to read access.
The default is to show the highest temperature in the miner list. You can change to show all temperatures using the Options dialog, General section, "Temperature display".

-With GPU overclocking you need to be able to manually enter in a number instead of using sliders. Text entry next to the slider?
Yes, I've recently implemented that and it will be released today. I was also going crazy on this when I was doing GPU clocking.

-For some reason clicking on 'GPU settings' under 'Tools' gives me the AB/AB service is not installed instead of displaying AB for all systems.
Please try again in the next release, because I've made some changes to this after getting a few similar reports the last week.

Is there a way to start a miner with a lower process priority? Normally you do something like this with a batchfile 'start /low ccminer COMMANDS'
No. Do you want this for all mining software, or only specific? The reason why I'm asking is if this could be a global setting to control this behavior.

Thanks!

-When you add a device through scanning the network it shouldn't add the device based on IP, it should be based on computer name. Almost all miners will have dynamic IP allocation and adding IPs is a fools errand.

I agree with some of your ideas, but what's about IP allocation, using computer names in large farms instead of DHCP IP allocation is a fools errand, nobody does that.
I suggest to hire a network administrator if you don't have the right skills for it.

Yeah, you want me to pay 50k for someone to manage hostnames? *clap*

Devices change networks, they aren't always on the same network. If you're building your entire system based around nothing changing, when it does, everything shits the bed. There is dynamic IP allocation for a reason. Unless you're talking about a static part of the network that never changes (like a router or managed switch), this is silly. Once you get past 10 rigs you'll start to figure that one out on your own.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bonosurgut

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:26:15 AM

after update on version 3.0.3 managed miner stop counting time

mizan2821

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:47:47 AM

I want to mining....but how..Huh? .I have cor I5 laptop... But i don't   know  how to start....??
psixa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:05:42 PM

Devices change networks, they aren't always on the same network. If you're building your entire system based around nothing changing, when it does, everything shits the bed. There is dynamic IP allocation for a reason. Unless you're talking about a static part of the network that never changes (like a router or managed switch), this is silly. Once you get past 10 rigs you'll start to figure that one out on your own.

No meter. DHCP is a must in farms or you are doing it wrong, unnecessary effort.
You don't have to pay any K and don't have to manage hostnames or change computer names or anything in Windows at all, you just don't understand what DHCP is, google it. If you have some basic IT skills, you may learn and DIY from Youtube. Dynamic IP allocation is for everyday users, not for industrial cases.

When someone with expert skills is trying to help you and give you a "million dollar advice", please don't argue, just take it. And be sure I manage many times more then just 10 rigs and do least effort in the process.

P.S. I am ready to help anyone else in farm automatization, just PM me (no off topics here).
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 03:10:42 PM

after update on version 3.0.3 managed miner stop counting time

Hi,
The EWBF and Excavator miners are the two miners that doesn't report their uptime. So if it's only for those two miners you experience the problem, it's not related to the new Awesome Miner release.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:42:31 PM

bensam1231, Thanks for all feedback above. Everything is noted, and I will comment on some topics below.

Going back to the discrepancies between Afterburner reported GPU, System reported GPU, and miner reported GPU stats (which should be noted clearly somewhere), why does AM wait till the miner is running before reporting GPU stats? Is this because some of the information is pulled from the miner? It would be nice if it was reported all the time even if you can't report things like hashrate till the system is fully mining. Sometimes you'll be using a miner that isn't supported by AM as well (which is why being independent from mining software is a good thing).
It's true that the GPU tab doesn't show any information when not mining, but the System tab always show the information for all GPU's.

The purpose of the GPU tab is to show mining related information, including only those GPU's used by a specific miner. This can be fewer than all the GPU's you have in the system. The GPU tab is also focused on providing hashrate statistics per GPU, which is also very related to the mining operation.

The System tab always shows all GPU's, and also some basic CPU/RAM/HDD information. This information is always available even when not mining. As I pointed out earlier, some informaiton, especially for CPU, is not available unless you run in Administrator mode.

As you know, the feature "Map to system monitoring" is really about bringing in the information from the System tab to the GPU tab, to make it more complete for a specific mining operation point of view.

I haven't take time to play around with this yet, but when running a completely foreign miner (IE nothing AM is built for), I assume AM will monitor the process and while it can't see what's happening inside of it as it doesn't have a API (black box), it should be able to tell when the process hangs according to the system and restart it. Additionally adding the ability for the miner to be restarted every X number of minutes would be useful. Currently a miner unsupported by AM I'm mining with requires me to change the priority on it and since I can't do that, I can't use AM with it.

If you use unsupported mining software (Generic Miner), Awesome Miner can still provide you with GPU information on the System tab. But Awesome Miner can of course not show hashrate or even have an idea of which GPU's that are actually being used.

For a Generic Miner, where an API isn't available, you are correct that Awesome Miner can still start and stop the mining process, and also restarting the mining if the process crashed. If you need to restart it on a regular interval, you can define a rule for that. In Options dialog, Rules section, you can add a new rule with a "Time" trigger and for example a "Miner command" action to perform a restart.

Would it be fine if I simply implement the "Process priority" setting in the properties for a Managed Miner, so you manually need to set it per miner? It will of course be supported in the Managed Templates as well.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:52:09 PM

I want to mining....but how..Huh? .I have cor I5 laptop... But i don't   know  how to start....??
Unfortunately, mining on a laptop is not recommended for two reasons.
1) First of all it's difficult to get profit from the CPU/GPU power you have in a typical laptop. The cost for power usage will often get higher than the actual income from mining.
2) Because mining is consuming power, it also generates a lot of heat. Laptops are in general not designed to run at maximum load for longer period of times.

The easiest way to get started with mining is if you have a desktop PC with a decent AMD or nVidia GPU

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 05:05:17 PM

Yes, AM and Remote Agent versions are the same. I don't see temperatures on the GPU tab, I used "Map to system monitoring" button --> "Display system monitoring data in the GPU tab", but they still don't appear in the GPU tab or status tab.
Status tab says "Interface Offline" and "Mining" and I can use start/stop/reboot/all functions. I am using "Managed Hosts" mode. As I said before this happened just after new update, when both AM and Remote Agents where updated, if only AM is updated and Remote Agent is previous version, it works fine. I guess newer version cannot pull the info from the miner, but I haven't touched mining software at all.
Can you please try to stop a single Managed Miner, then start it again. Any change?

Already tried many times, but no changes. Everything is the same for all servers, not showing hashrate/income, "Interface Offline" and "Mining".
Maybe it is not even trying to pull info from the miner software? Is there an option to disable direct Afterburner control and switch back to using miner software for temperatures like before? I tried to use different versions of Claymore too, no changes.

I have further investigated this issue and found an obvious bug:
Claymore's software is listening to port 3333 by default and AM was using the same port for pulling miner info in the previous versions, but now it looks like AM is trying to connect to Claymore through port 4028 and as I remember it is default port of CGminer.
After setting port 4028 to Claymore, everything works as it should!

I hope this information will help you to fix it and them who are using Claymore with Awesome miner.
Good that you found this. This behavior was actually changed in Awesome Miner 3.0.

Awesome Miner has always set the port dynamically for most mining software, except the Claymore miners. If you start multiple miners on the same computers they were always assigned a unique port like 4028, 4029, 4030 and so on.

For Claymore it used to be 3333 all the time, which didn't work when you were running multiple Claymore miners on the same computer. For that reason I changed the Claymore miner port to follow the same pattern as for all other miners controlled by Awesome Miner - to start on port 4028 and than increase the number to make it unique.

If you run version 3.X of both Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent, it should work as long as the mining process also was started with a recent version that set the port to 4028+.

puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:23:28 PM

Hello Patrike,

Do you have a published road map?  I'm curious as to where you want to take this tool in the future.  One feature that I'm sure lots of users would want is the ability to change pools from the remote web interface.  I travel a bit, and while the web interface allows me to do basic tasks like check health, and restart miners... it would be nice to be able to change a miner's pool.  You could even limit it to already defined pools as a phase 1, and then expand on that to allow one to define the pool later on through the web interface.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:11:29 AM

No meter. DHCP is a must in farms or you are doing it wrong, unnecessary effort.
You don't have to pay any K and don't have to manage hostnames or change computer names or anything in Windows at all, you just don't understand what DHCP is, google it. If you have some basic IT skills, you may learn and DIY from Youtube. Dynamic IP allocation is for everyday users, not for industrial cases.

When someone with expert skills is trying to help you and give you a "million dollar advice", please don't argue, just take it. And be sure I manage many times more then just 10 rigs and do least effort in the process.

P.S. I am ready to help anyone else in farm automatization, just PM me (no off topics here).

DHCP is for dynamic IP allocation you dolt.

You were arguing FOR static IPs, which you wouldn't need DHCP in that case.

That aside, which you don't seem to understand the terminology which you use, you argue again for static IPs. Static IPs are for anal retentive admins that need to have absolute control over their network (even then you literally argued my first point), which is static IPs are completely unnecessary and will just waste a bunch of time screwing around with static tables whenever you change something. The only exception to this is networking gear where you always know where it is. When you change your hardware such as a motherboard failure, guess what you'll be doing again? If you change it to a new network or get a new router, guess what you'll be doing again? If you need to move things to different subnets and manage more machines as you grow over the 255 device cap, GUESS what you'll be doing again?

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about no is assigning a static IP in at table 'million dollar advice'. You're a kid out of high school that took a networking class and thinks that's the end all be all of everything. No one here thinks basic networking advice is anywhere close to million dollar advice. And you also made my case of hiring someone who is a waste of money unless you're managing corporate networks and of course the company has the money for it.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:17:23 AM

Yeah, templates make that much easier. Since templates seem to be a combination of everything, if I can blanket apply it to all the rigs that would work.

Weird bug I've noticed, when I start AM and go to miners tab and use Ctrl+A to select all the miners it crashes AM. Also you can't globally stop all miners. Say selecting them all and selecting stop IF one of the miners is already stopped. Small thing, but you have to use ctrl to unselect some of them so you can stop the others.

Affinity is another needed option. Although understanding affinity and how it selects CPUs is a bit of a chore. There is a mathematical equation for it.

bensam1231, Thanks for all feedback above. Everything is noted, and I will comment on some topics below.

It's true that the GPU tab doesn't show any information when not mining, but the System tab always show the information for all GPU's.

The purpose of the GPU tab is to show mining related information, including only those GPU's used by a specific miner. This can be fewer than all the GPU's you have in the system. The GPU tab is also focused on providing hashrate statistics per GPU, which is also very related to the mining operation.

The System tab always shows all GPU's, and also some basic CPU/RAM/HDD information. This information is always available even when not mining. As I pointed out earlier, some informaiton, especially for CPU, is not available unless you run in Administrator mode.

As you know, the feature "Map to system monitoring" is really about bringing in the information from the System tab to the GPU tab, to make it more complete for a specific mining operation point of view.

If you use unsupported mining software (Generic Miner), Awesome Miner can still provide you with GPU information on the System tab. But Awesome Miner can of course not show hashrate or even have an idea of which GPU's that are actually being used.

For a Generic Miner, where an API isn't available, you are correct that Awesome Miner can still start and stop the mining process, and also restarting the mining if the process crashed. If you need to restart it on a regular interval, you can define a rule for that. In Options dialog, Rules section, you can add a new rule with a "Time" trigger and for example a "Miner command" action to perform a restart.

Would it be fine if I simply implement the "Process priority" setting in the properties for a Managed Miner, so you manually need to set it per miner? It will of course be supported in the Managed Templates as well.

natminer

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:27:09 PM

How do you delete a miner?  If I un-install the remote agent, it still shows up in the panel as unavailable but it won't let me add anymore miners since I'm at my max,  and I'm not finding where to remove the old remote miner from the panel.

Thanks
Rodrigo8

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:58:57 PM

Any prediction when there will be a Linux version?

I changed my OS because Windows does not support continuous work for a long period without maintenance, it is causing losses. (I already bought the premium version)
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:17:50 PM

How do you delete a miner?  If I un-install the remote agent, it still shows up in the panel as unavailable but it won't let me add anymore miners since I'm at my max,  and I'm not finding where to remove the old remote miner from the panel.

Thanks

I believe it deposits them in your appdata folder. AM does need a better file manager for uploads.

psixa

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:27:10 AM

That aside, which you don't seem to understand the terminology which you use

DHCP is for three types of IP allocation (automatic, dynamic, manual/IP reservation/"static") and not only IP allocation. Dynamic Host Control Protocol is a common protocol to control hosts (servers, computers, mining rigs...) dynamically (with less effort, less downtime) used in all networks worldwide - datacenters, offices, houses, mining farms...

When you change your hardware such as a motherboard failure, guess what you'll be doing again?
Okay:
1. What you will be doing without DHCP - If you replace it with other model/brand motherboard, you 95% need to reinstall Windows/drivers and change computer name and/or set static IP by hand again in OS.
2. What I will be doing with DHCP - I just bind same IP to the new motherboard MAC (30 sec, easy) and after my rig is started I don't have to change anything else anywhere, ever (until the next MOBO failure), no meter what happens to Windows and drivers, how many times I reinstall them (or just clone OS), or install other OS for mining, like Linux and etc.

manage more machines as you grow over the 255 device cap, GUESS what you'll be doing again?

Since when that was a problem? BTW grow over 255 devices and I see, you will definitely need to hire someone for managing your rigs Cheesy even I refuse to handle it alone.

But okay, it's your business, keep changing computer names (especially for 255+ rigs=) and/or setting static IPs in Windows by hand, one by one, it can be okay, I never judged, just advised.
Those smart guys who aren't aware of the protocol yet, but are more serious about this industry, after reading this will probably start introducing DHCP to themselves (really not hard to learn/use) and start using it combined with awesome Awesome Miner and make there lives easier.

you dolt
You're a kid
Static IPs are for anal retentive admins
you don't seem to understand the terminology which you use

You insult me and argue about the subject you don't understand at basic level yourself, I'm a kid... Whatever you say next, no more time wasting, I'm done with you.
psixa

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:37:02 AM

How do you delete a miner?  If I un-install the remote agent, it still shows up in the panel as unavailable but it won't let me add anymore miners since I'm at my max,  and I'm not finding where to remove the old remote miner from the panel.

Thanks

Go to "Main" tab, then click "Options", there you will find External Miner, Managed Miners and Managed Hosts too, on the left side, then it's intuitive to achieve what you need.
rhadamants

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:47:35 AM

Free version I can config ccminer and many coin from supernova pool with profit chance using whattomine?
For test.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:01:50 AM

That aside, which you don't seem to understand the terminology which you use

DHCP is for three types of IP allocation (automatic, dynamic, manual/IP reservation/"static") and not only IP allocation. Dynamic Host Control Protocol is a common protocol to control hosts (servers, computers, mining rigs...) dynamically (with less effort, less downtime) used in all networks worldwide - datacenters, offices, houses, mining farms...

When you change your hardware such as a motherboard failure, guess what you'll be doing again?
Okay:
1. What you will be doing without DHCP - If you replace it with other model/brand motherboard, you 95% need to reinstall Windows/drivers and change computer name and/or set static IP by hand again in OS.
2. What I will be doing with DHCP - I just bind same IP to the new motherboard MAC (30 sec, easy) and after my rig is started I don't have to change anything else anywhere, ever (until the next MOBO failure), no meter what happens to Windows and drivers, how many times I reinstall them (or just clone OS), or install other OS for mining, like Linux and etc.

manage more machines as you grow over the 255 device cap, GUESS what you'll be doing again?

Since when that was a problem? BTW grow over 255 devices and I see, you will definitely need to hire someone for managing your rigs Cheesy even I refuse to handle it alone.

But okay, it's your business, keep changing computer names (especially for 255+ rigs=) and/or setting static IPs in Windows by hand, one by one, it can be okay, I never judged, just advised.
Those smart guys who aren't aware of the protocol yet, but are more serious about this industry, after reading this will probably start introducing DHCP to themselves (really not hard to learn/use) and start using it combined with awesome Awesome Miner and make there lives easier.

you dolt
You're a kid
Static IPs are for anal retentive admins
you don't seem to understand the terminology which you use

You insult me and argue about the subject you don't understand at basic level yourself, I'm a kid... Whatever you say next, no more time wasting, I'm done with you.

Yuh, do you know what dynamic means?

Once again you're trying to insinuate that a common use for DHCP is for setting up static IPs, that's definitely not the case. You can setup static IPs through DHCP, but that's not it's general use (going back to static IP tables, what did you think I was talking about?).

I never said I wasn't going to use DHCP, once again, lol, I use it to setup my IPs so I don't need to spend time plugging entries in a table that could change whenever I have a major problem with my rigs. It's more stuff to mess around with.

No, you don't need to reinstall windows... And if you were half as talented as you are trying to lead me to believe, you would be imaging things if it's not salvageable (which takes all of 10 minutes for me). Majority of the time you can swap boards (ESPECIALLY the same make and model), without touching anything in the OS you just let it go through an initial prolonged boot. Windows 8.1 onward has no problems with changing hardware, even going between AMD and Intel unless you use some weird sort of storage driver (which usually just means you have the bios setup for IDE instead of AHCI or vice versa).

When you have more then one rig, '30 seconds' is a huge waste of time, especially if your router doesn't like formatting things properly or glitches out. It takes a lot longer then that. You are over complicating something that you don't even need to touch. Like you literally don't even need to do anything with it. Which is my original argument. Because, you know, hostnames.

You're only allowed 254 addresses per subnet, but I'm sure you knew that already. Good luck configuring more then that on a standard router.

LOL, I never at any point in time said I was going to manually set IPs in windows... Specifically I was arguing exactly against that - once again a waste of time. Let me ask you, how do you dynamically assign IPs without DHCP smart guy? XD

I really have no idea why you're stuck on DHCP... It isn't even what I was talking about or maybe you already realize that and you're trying to deflect to a argument you think you can possibly win.

I'm glad you took time to overly format what you're talking about, it literally changes absolutely nothing you said nor what you're trying to argue and how it's wrong. Hey look, another waste of time. You seem to be good at that.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:43:45 AM

Hello Patrike,

Do you have a published road map?  I'm curious as to where you want to take this tool in the future.  One feature that I'm sure lots of users would want is the ability to change pools from the remote web interface.  I travel a bit, and while the web interface allows me to do basic tasks like check health, and restart miners... it would be nice to be able to change a miner's pool.  You could even limit it to already defined pools as a phase 1, and then expand on that to allow one to define the pool later on through the web interface.

Hi,
I do like these kind of roadmap discussions. I was almost a year ago since I posted some ideas on what the future could look like for Awesome Miner:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg15882970#msg15882970

From that post I've completed "Feature#2 - Multiple users", which is the Security feature in Awesome Miner today. In addition, I've implemented a large number of other features since that post was made. That post was really above large future features.

I've also made good progress on "Feature #1 - Public cloud service for monitoring". One major benefit of the cloud based monitoring will be that you no longer need to configure your router to access the web interface from the outside. You simply navigate to the cloud service and sign in.

The cloud service will also include a SMS notification services that you will be able to use from your Rules in Awesome Miner, similar to how E-mail notification works. The new cloud service will however not be free of charge, as it for sure will consume significant network bandwidth and have costs related to sending SMS.

Short term I do have a significant list of feature requests from many users, and I'm always trying to implement the most popular requests first. But when I get time, I do spend time on these future plans as well. I don't mind sharing what I'm working on so we all can have an open discussion about what is most important.

To answer your questions about the web interface - yes, there are some limitations on the number of operations you can perform. I will however make the change pool feature available for more types of miners in the next release that is planned for today. The feature is already there, but was not made available for the common GPU mining software.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:48:34 AM

Yeah, templates make that much easier. Since templates seem to be a combination of everything, if I can blanket apply it to all the rigs that would work.

Weird bug I've noticed, when I start AM and go to miners tab and use Ctrl+A to select all the miners it crashes AM. Also you can't globally stop all miners. Say selecting them all and selecting stop IF one of the miners is already stopped. Small thing, but you have to use ctrl to unselect some of them so you can stop the others.

Affinity is another needed option. Although understanding affinity and how it selects CPUs is a bit of a chore. There is a mathematical equation for it.
The crash bug will be fixed in the release later today. The new release will also have Process Priority and Affinity settings (you will find it in the properties for a Managed Miner, Environment section).

As you noticed the operations available (start or stop) will only be available if all selected miners have that option enabled. I do understand the scenario you descibe, so I will put it on the list to look into.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: