Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:45:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700854 times)
n00bminer

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:52:25 AM

Just a heads up.  A small "bug" shows the Antminer R1-LTC as performing 1.2GH/s vs the reality of MH/s.  The firmware is using its custom cgminer 4.8.0

This bug is actually in the Antminers themselves. Both L3 and L3+ is reporting GH/s when it's actually MH/s. Awesome Miner detects that it's L3/L3+ and compensates for this. So when you use L3/L3+, it looks fine in Awesome Miner.

Now with R1-LTC it's probably the same thing, the Antminers report incorrectly and Awesome Miner needs to compensate. Could you send me the API report for one of these miners (toolbar: Tools -> API Report), and I will be able to see the name of this miner. Then I can add a rule to compensate the hashrate on this one as well.

Sent PM APIREPORT.  Sorry, I hit send before adding a subject line.  My apologies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inka-mining

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 07:06:19 PM

I bought the software for 500 miners and works very well.
For now we have antminers for BTC and in a few weeks LTC/X11.-
The rigs for altcoins also works very well, with the nvidia 10xx series and the radeon RX series.-

Thanks!!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 07:48:20 PM

Not sure if i've missed this in the thread but is there a walkthrough of;
a) adding a customer miner e.g. ccminer 2.2
b) adding a new algo to profit switching using said custom miner

Cheers, apologies if i've missed it.
a) If it's not a profit switching scenario: If you open the properties of your Managed Miner, you will see that Automatic download is enabled by default. In this scenario, Awesome Miner will download and setup the mining software for you, in this case ccminer 2.1. If you change to Specify Path manually instead, you can point to your ccminer 2.2 executable instead, and Awesome Miner will use this one.

If you need to do this on multiple computers, you can also use this feature to push the ccminer 2.2 software to all of them:
http://awesomeminer.com/help/uploadsoftware.aspx

b) For profit switching scenario: Instead of configuring each Managed Miner like this, you define similar settings for you Profit profile. Go to Options dialog, Profit profile section, modify the profile you use, for example nVidia GPU, select ccminer and click Configure. Now you have the same option to change from Automatic download to specifying your own software path where you can point to another version of ccminer.

After having tried hard to do this for a while here is my understanding:

You can add a custom miner and you can add a custom algo, however using them for profit switching with a custom coin is not possible.  
Adding a new algo is not useful for profit switching because any custom coin that goes with the new algo does not update its difficulty/price/block_reward

One possibility is profit switching (among hardcoded coins only) by replacing the original ccminer with a custom ccminer, but then you have totally lost the use of the original ccminer for all algos. So your new ccminer better be superior to the original ccminer for all the coins you're mining

So yes custom miner/algo/coins are possible but if your goal is to input a new coin, enter the hash rate of the new algo, point it to a custom ccminer and have it in the profit switching mix you can't do it.

Would that be correct Patrike? please confirm.

Another issue is, even if you're OK with using the custom ccminer for all coins and you're OK with manually updating difficulty/price/block_reward for the new coin regularly, it is still not useful for profit switching because you may only specify one global hash rate for the new algo for all your rigs. So assuming your rigs are not identical, the hash rate will be incorrect for all but one rig. Therefore profit switching that new coin, even with the above restrictions, would be pointless for more than one rig.
I've  made some improvements in this area in the development version 3.2.1. See the following post for more details:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg20341208#msg20341208

With the new version, you can add your own algorithms, and then add it for zpool and you will get profitability information. However, if you add a new coin that Awesome Miner cannot find, you will not get any automatic profit information.

The concept you describe about having support for multiple versions of ccminer for the profit switcher is the next step for me to implement. This has been requested a lot recently.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 07:48:54 PM

Just a heads up.  A small "bug" shows the Antminer R1-LTC as performing 1.2GH/s vs the reality of MH/s.  The firmware is using its custom cgminer 4.8.0

This bug is actually in the Antminers themselves. Both L3 and L3+ is reporting GH/s when it's actually MH/s. Awesome Miner detects that it's L3/L3+ and compensates for this. So when you use L3/L3+, it looks fine in Awesome Miner.

Now with R1-LTC it's probably the same thing, the Antminers report incorrectly and Awesome Miner needs to compensate. Could you send me the API report for one of these miners (toolbar: Tools -> API Report), and I will be able to see the name of this miner. Then I can add a rule to compensate the hashrate on this one as well.

Sent PM APIREPORT.  Sorry, I hit send before adding a subject line.  My apologies
Thanks for the API report. I've made a small change to support this in the next release.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 07:49:46 PM

I bought the software for 500 miners and works very well.
For now we have antminers for BTC and in a few weeks LTC/X11.-
The rigs for altcoins also works very well, with the nvidia 10xx series and the radeon RX series.-

Thanks!!
Thanks for the feedback. Great to learn about successful deployments of Awesome Miner in larger mining operations.

Ersan191

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:04:14 AM

I'm looking to purchase a 40 miner license but first I wanted to check on something:

When using the MSI Afterburner control, is there any way to get Awesome Miner to either restore the defaults or use different overclock values when mining vs when NOT mining?  The mining rigs I have are used by people for gaming whenever they are not mining and I can't have a low-power high-memclock profile active when trying to play games on them.  I have NVIDIA cards or I would just use the miner's built-in overclocking.
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:39:23 AM

I'm looking to purchase a 40 miner license but first I wanted to check on something:

When using the MSI Afterburner control, is there any way to get Awesome Miner to either restore the defaults or use different overclock values when mining vs when NOT mining?  The mining rigs I have are used by people for gaming whenever they are not mining and I can't have a low-power high-memclock profile active when trying to play games on them.  I have NVIDIA cards or I would just use the miner's built-in overclocking.

I am pretty sure this is not the case with this software YET, from my limited experience it seems the GPU OC/UV side of it are more of a monitor thing than anything. I actually run a looping batch file that sets my OC/UV values on my rigs, because when you get to a point of having a lot of rigs, its a little difficult to know when one is having a gpu resetting on you and if you dont catch it at lets say 3am, then your running that rig at 100% tdp and such x amount of hours tell you wake up and catch it. So i currently use a script that injects my settings every 5 minutes around the clock to the gpu's....

If you know anything about code, maybe there is a way you can write a script that would say if x software is not running, inject these values, otherwise inject these values... which would detect it not running and run the system at default.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
Ersan191

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:10:37 AM

I am pretty sure this is not the case with this software YET, from my limited experience it seems the GPU OC/UV side of it are more of a monitor thing than anything. I actually run a looping batch file that sets my OC/UV values on my rigs, because when you get to a point of having a lot of rigs, its a little difficult to know when one is having a gpu resetting on you and if you dont catch it at lets say 3am, then your running that rig at 100% tdp and such x amount of hours tell you wake up and catch it. So i currently use a script that injects my settings every 5 minutes around the clock to the gpu's....

If you know anything about code, maybe there is a way you can write a script that would say if x software is not running, inject these values, otherwise inject these values... which would detect it not running and run the system at default.
Fair enough, was just hoping to save some time.  I'll come up with my own solution for this, thanks for letting me know!
Storx

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:32:20 AM

Just wanted to post this up... I am looking for suggestion on videos that you THINK that need to be done to walk new people down the road on the setup and use of the awesome miner software. I know there is a lot of info on the website on how to setup the miner, but as a fairly brand new miner myself when i first viewed all the info on the page it was written in a way that unless you had some knowledge of the mining scene it could be a bit overwelming and pushed me away from using the software for a while, but im back and have been running it for a few days and want to continue to use and it grow the community by building a database of help for others. I already have a list of things im already working on building guides/videos for, but i wanted to post up this so if there is something i have not thought about i can add it to the list and try to get a video out for it.

I have also published support for awesome miner over on the steemit side of things, to try and help guide some folks from over there to the software as well figured it was a good way for me to document all the videos and guides i create for the software in the near future in one location, so if someone comes onto the page int he future and ask a question, you can just link them to xyz video and it would answer their questions in a video and text platform.

https://youtu.be/QR_o2Zhqj18

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@storxusmc/awesome-miner-amazing-mining-platform

Storx

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:34:02 AM

Fair enough, was just hoping to save some time.  I'll come up with my own solution for this, thanks for letting me know!

Just keep your ears on the future updates, i know the creator is working on improving the OC/UV section, i recommended to him to add the ability to set OC/UV profiles for each algo, so when your running a profit switch miner it can tune to the best settings for each algo on the fly and he seemed to like that idea, so unsure if he is working on that yet or not, but mentioned he has plans to improve it.

Ersan191

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:20:41 AM

Just keep your ears on the future updates, i know the creator is working on improving the OC/UV section, i recommended to him to add the ability to set OC/UV profiles for each algo, so when your running a profit switch miner it can tune to the best settings for each algo on the fly and he seemed to like that idea, so unsure if he is working on that yet or not, but mentioned he has plans to improve it.
Definitely, I'm getting back into mining after quitting for ~4 years and re-learning everything with all the new software and tools out there - OC profiles for each algo would be very welcome.
digidaly

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:22:39 AM

a) If it's not a profit switching scenario: If you open the properties of your Managed Miner, you will see that Automatic download is enabled by default. In this scenario, Awesome Miner will download and setup the mining software for you, in this case ccminer 2.1. If you change to Specify Path manually instead, you can point to your ccminer 2.2 executable instead, and Awesome Miner will use this one.

If you need to do this on multiple computers, you can also use this feature to push the ccminer 2.2 software to all of them:

b) For profit switching scenario: Instead of configuring each Managed Miner like this, you define similar settings for you Profit profile. Go to Options dialog, Profit profile section, modify the profile you use, for example nVidia GPU, select ccminer and click Configure. Now you have the same option to change from Automatic download to specifying your own software path where you can point to another version of ccminer.

You can add a custom miner and you can add a custom algo, however using them for profit switching with a custom coin is not possible.  
Adding a new algo is not useful for profit switching because any custom coin that goes with the new algo does not update its difficulty/price/block_reward

One possibility is profit switching (among hardcoded coins only) by replacing the original ccminer with a custom ccminer, but then you have totally lost the use of the original ccminer for all algos. So your new ccminer better be superior to the original ccminer for all the coins you're mining

So yes custom miner/algo/coins are possible but if your goal is to input a new coin, enter the hash rate of the new algo, point it to a custom ccminer and have it in the profit switching mix you can't do it.

Another issue is, even if you're OK with using the custom ccminer for all coins and you're OK with manually updating difficulty/price/block_reward for the new coin regularly, it is still not useful for profit switching because you may only specify one global hash rate for the new algo for all your rigs. So assuming your rigs are not identical, the hash rate will be incorrect for all but one rig. Therefore profit switching that new coin, even with the above restrictions, would be pointless for more than one rig.
I've  made some improvements in this area in the development version 3.2.1. See the following post for more details:

With the new version, you can add your own algorithms, and then add it for zpool and you will get profitability information. However, if you add a new coin that Awesome Miner cannot find, you will not get any automatic profit information.

The concept you describe about having support for multiple versions of ccminer for the profit switcher is the next step for me to implement. This has been requested a lot recently.

Great, I appreciate your effort to address these issues.

I'm using 3.2.1 and it has good improvements but having to use zpool to get coin info is not ideal for various reasons, also zpool does not cover most coins.
Storx

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:23:21 PM

I'm using 3.2.1 and it has good improvements but having to use zpool to get coin info is not ideal for various reasons, also zpool does not cover most coins.

Its not really zpool that the software is getting the info from, its whattomine that most of it is pulled from, so the limitations fall on the use of that website as the source data. I hope the dev adds the ability to add new coins in the future and give us the ability to add our own api url links for the data being pulled for the coins. This would allow massive customization on being able to add new coins and maintain a good correct profit number, because there is are dozens of websites to pull these api sources from on the day of release for each coin..

digidaly

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:06:29 PM

Its not really zpool that the software is getting the info from, its whattomine that most of it is pulled from, so the limitations fall on the use of that website as the source data. I hope the dev adds the ability to add new coins in the future and give us the ability to add our own api url links for the data being pulled for the coins. This would allow massive customization on being able to add new coins and maintain a good correct profit number, because there is are dozens of websites to pull these api sources from on the day of release for each coin..

The method that Patrike prosposed above for profit switching would require zpool to pull the info (by using "unspecified xx algo" as the coin)
If you wanted to use whattomine (that has many times the number of zpool coins) you cannot currently add any of their covered coins that are not already hard coded in AM for profit switching as of 3.2.1
But I definitely agree it would be a great improvement to have option to add coins through api url or at least start by allowing all current whattomine coins to be recognized

bobrikov1800

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:17:43 PM

Hi, guys, can somebody tell me, how to configure automatic switching from one of predefined pools (GAME, Litecoin, DGB) to another based on current coin profit? Im talking about Asic L3+.
JACKSEG

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:31:43 PM

Hi, guys, can somebody tell me, how to configure automatic switching from one of predefined pools (GAME, Litecoin, DGB) to another based on current coin profit? Im talking about Asic L3+.
Hello,

I have the same question. I don't understand how work profit switching with ASIC.
We need to configure pools like zpool or nicehash in ASIC and it switch automatically on the best coin ?
Or it change automatically the priority pool ?

Thanks.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 09:08:47 PM

Hello,

I have the same question. I don't understand how work profit switching with ASIC.
We need to configure pools like zpool or nicehash in ASIC and it switch automatically on the best coin ?
Or it change automatically the priority pool ?

Thanks.
Hi,

External Profit Switching
- Operates by changing priorities of existing pools of an already running External Miner
- Works with many kinds of mining software, but will not change the mining software being used
- Automatically switch between multiple algorithms, online services like NiceHash and single coin pools

So the idea is that you manually need to make sure that the miners has a couple of pools defined, with different coins. Awesome Miner will then change priorities of the pools to ensure highest profit. Awesome Miner will not change the pools at all for the External Profit Switching feature (in contrast to how the Managed Profit Switcher works)

See the help page for details on how to enable it on an External Miner:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 09:11:48 PM

The method that Patrike prosposed above for profit switching would require zpool to pull the info (by using "unspecified xx algo" as the coin)
If you wanted to use whattomine (that has many times the number of zpool coins) you cannot currently add any of their covered coins that are not already hard coded in AM for profit switching as of 3.2.1
But I definitely agree it would be a great improvement to have option to add coins through api url or at least start by allowing all current whattomine coins to be recognized
For WhatToMine.com and Coinwarz.com, there are no hardcoded coins in Awesome Miner. It uses the coins API of these services to get all available coins. The drawback is that several of the new coins that are listed here:
http://whattomine.com/calculators
are not returned by the WhatToMine API. I've contacted the author of WhatToMine about this to find a solution for it. As soon as they are returned by WhatToMine, they will appear in Awesome Miner.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 09:24:43 PM

Here is a little preview of what will be included in the next development release.

As in the previous development release, you will be able to add your own algorithms that's new on zpool for example. Now you can also add your own Managed Software and specify that it has full compatibility with any supported software, but with a different set of algorithms.

In the example below, I've defined a custom CcMiner 2.2, which includes other algorithms than CcMiner 2.1, but is defined to be fully compatible with CcMiner in all other aspects.

In the second screenshot, I've included the custom CcMiner 2.2 to the profit switcher, and put it on top to indicate that if an algorithm is supported by both CcMiner 2.2 and 2.1, it will pick the software for 2.2.

With these changes, the profit switcher becomes more flexible.

The Managed Software concept can of course be used without the profit switching feature as well, and will allow you to define multiple versions of CcMiner and other mining software.

You can also defined Managed Software to run in API Compatibility Mode instead of Full Compatibility Mode. In API mode, you will have to define all command lines yourself - Awesome Miner will do nothing for you. The idea is to support full customization, but still get monitoring information about hashrates and so on. Like a Generic Miner in terms of flexibility, but with monitoring and statistics available.

mjmeans

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:02:20 AM

Awesome Miner profit mining really needs benchmark adjustments. When my rig is mining ETH solely using claymore I get 84 MH/s. When it is mining ETH+SC I get only 56 MH/s ETH. There is no way the 1670 MH/s SC compensates for a loss of nearly 30 MH/s ETH. Awesome Miner needs to consider the actual performance on single algos and performance for each combination of dual algos for each a rig to determine what is better profit. MPM out performs AM in this respect because it applies combination benchmark results to determine which is combination is higher profit.

For now I need to completely disable dual coin profit mining. How do I do that?
Benchmarking and improvements to the profit switcher are on the list of features to implement.

To disable dual mining in the Claymore miner, you can provide the command line parameter "-mode 1". To do this for the profit switcher, go to Options dialog, Profit profile section, edit your profile, select the Claymore Ethereum miner and click configure. Add the command line parameter here.

So I get that "-mode 1" overrides Claymore so that it only does ethash even if it gets parameters for dual. But if I add "-mode 1" will Awesome Miner also know to stop comparing the BTC/Day for the various dual options so that it won't try to switch to dual? If it does try to switch to dual, then al lit is doing is switching to potentially a less profitable pool than it was already in.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: