Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:55:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700827 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 04:40:58 AM

I just started using this software to manage my miners. I switched out from using Ethos to this. One of the biggest issues I have with this software so far is that when it detects a failed miner it just gives up on trying to restart the miner and then the miner just sits there. There should be an option to restart the miner regardless of how many failures there are. I am constantly having to go in and restart the miners when the issue was a miner software crash with one particular miner software. This is the number one detractor from the software and is what will prevent people from using it full scale. I can manage this in alternative ways (power monitor resetting the computer) but then I have other issues because the services are not starting.

• Doesn't start the MSI After Burner Remote Server when restarting the machine
  • Manager gives up trying to start the miner if there are several errors in a row.
  • Fails to apply the GPU overclock profiles on restart or relaunch of Afterburner software

By default Awesome Miner tries to restart a process three times. If it fails three times within a short period of times, Awesome Miner actually gives up. If the mining software has been running for a few minutes, it will reset this counter and you will have another three times of restart available.

If you want to take further actions after three times, you can use the Rules (Options dialog, Rules section) for that. You have a trigger "Process failure" that will be triggered in this scenario. You can define define your actions - maybe to give you a notification and then try to start the miner again.

The MSI Afterburner Remote Server is a bit difficult to auto start because it requires Admin permissions and doesn't have any built-in concept for that. Awesome Miner can however setup this for you, so have you followed these steps? Please share more details on this if you already have and it isn't working.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/gpuclocking.aspx

I'm not sure I fully understand the scenario with a restarted MSI Afterburner. If you simply restart that software (close it, then start it), how would that affect the GPU Clocking profiles? Sorry if I missed the point here.

Thank you for your reply, it's awesome to know the dev is in the forum answering posts. The rules option should handle the issue I am having with the miner stopping and not starting again.  Thanks for pointing that out, I added a rule this morning and it appears to be doing the trick.

I did follow the MSI guide on setting up the account and putting the files in the same location on the miners and it appears to not work according to the settings. I noticed that the MSI remote server also doesn't start when added to the start menu or run under HKCU or HKLM either on any of the machines. No errors appear on the server regarding a failure to launch and manually launching it works as expected. As for the GPU settings, I was using the profit miner setup which doesn't have the GPU functionality built into it so it's not applying the profiles. To work around this, I selected a safe overclock inside of MSI. The issue with MSI is more when the application never starts and I need to start it after the fact. When I manually start it after the fact, I have to manually apply the overclock since there is no GPU functionality. If this was added to the profit miner option that would resolve the issue since it's applied at restart and stop.

I found these additional issues while continuing to setup and work with this.

• Dual mining wattage option not saved when exiting options under algorithms, it does save properly under the profit switching profile.
  • Profit Miner won't switch to new coin if it missed the "window" to switch. Forcing a restart on the miner does not cause it to switch to the new coin if a miner has already selected an algorithm (https://puu.sh/xo9HM/c3642b5b28.PNG) and the the profit switching subsequently changed to a higher paying coin. The miner that has selected the algorithm will not switch to the higher paying coin until the time limit has expired to switch once again even if restarting the service. The existing new coin data should be pushed out to the miner.
  • Miners crash and hang and the remote service cannot see this issue. To correct this issue I turned off the Dialog box for Windows Error Reporting, this causes the miner software "ok error box to never appear and the miner application just exits. This may be something to add into the functionality, an option to identify the OK dialog or information on how to eliminate the Dialog box via the registry.
  • Command line miner CPUMiner-opt 3.4.6 exits out indicating "algo_gate registration failed, unknown algo". I attempted to add an algo option and this did not resolve the issue.
  • Managed Miner dual mode is set to disabled; however, the miner has ignored that setting and is mining a secondary coin even despite the fact I only have a single pool/coin selected.
Thanks for the feedback.

For MSI Afterburner, do you have UAC enabled in Windows (you should)? When you make changes to the MSI Afterburner settings in the Options dialog, the log file for Awesome Miner should indicate what's going on if you search for "Setting MSI Remote Server path". Please note that this is the log file for the remote system, that you find on the right-click menu on the Remote Agent icon. You can also open Windows Task Scheduler and look for "MsiRemoteServer" that should be added by Awesome Miner. This is the only way of auto-starting software with Administrator privileges.

Dual mining was only saved if another change was made as well. I've corrected that now

Are you running 3.2 or the latest development version 3.2.7? The latest versions has more corrections to the profit switcher.

Can you get CPUMiner to start if you manually setup the command line without Awesome Miner? You can see the parameters Awesome Miner use when you click the Diagnostics button. Awesome Miner uses the core-avx2 version of CPUMiner by default, which is supported by most common CPU's.

The scenario with a Managed Miner with a single Ethereum pool sounds a bit strange. Can you send me an API report for that scenario (Tools -> API Report).

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrMaulwurf

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:36:35 PM

Maybe an idea for future updates. Some statistics and sums for Balance column?
Sometimes i get (Update failed) for BTC balance is it normal?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 07:04:41 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

For MSI Afterburner, do you have UAC enabled in Windows (you should)? When you make changes to the MSI Afterburner settings in the Options dialog, the log file for Awesome Miner should indicate what's going on if you search for "Setting MSI Remote Server path". Please note that this is the log file for the remote system, that you find on the right-click menu on the Remote Agent icon. You can also open Windows Task Scheduler and look for "MsiRemoteServer" that should be added by Awesome Miner. This is the only way of auto-starting software with Administrator privileges.

Dual mining was only saved if another change was made as well. I've corrected that now

Are you running 3.2 or the latest development version 3.2.7? The latest versions has more corrections to the profit switcher.

Can you get CPUMiner to start if you manually setup the command line without Awesome Miner? You can see the parameters Awesome Miner use when you click the Diagnostics button. Awesome Miner uses the core-avx2 version of CPUMiner by default, which is supported by most common CPU's.

The scenario with a Managed Miner with a single Ethereum pool sounds a bit strange. Can you send me an API report for that scenario (Tools -> API Report).

Not an issue, I really like the software it's pretty damned snazzy and I am running the latest version at 3.2.7.

I have UAC set to not notify me and I do see the proper path in the log file for the location and the proper account is called out to run it. I think the issue is I am using the profit miner configs instead of managed miners. I don't see an option in the Profit miners for a "GPU clocking profile", so I assume it won't launch the app?

The CPU miner appears to not have any path set like I have seen with the other diagnostic returns. (https://pastebin.com/dkHhJuV5) I had to switch to core2 for stability but this command line works. cpuminer-core2.exe -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:20486 --algo=groestl -u username.cpu -p x

I am trying to replicate the issue with the managed miner on another machine.
Thanks for the updates! Setting UAC to not notify you is the same as setting it to not elevate privileges I think? Have you tried to enable UAC instead? You can also select a miner (doesn't have to be running) and select the System tab, and then click "GPU settings". This will launch MSI Afterburner, if everything is working as it should.

The setting to set GPU clocking per miner is currently only available on Managed Miners, not Managed Profit Miner, but the idea is to suport both in the future.

From your diagnostics log, you can see that Awesome Miner is trying to use "cpuminer-core-avx2.exe". When using Auto-download, this is what Awesome Miner will use. You can configure the Managed Miner to use use your specified path instead, and then you can point to "cpuminer-core2.exe" instead.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 07:06:28 PM

Maybe an idea for future updates. Some statistics and sums for Balance column?
Sometimes i get (Update failed) for BTC balance is it normal?
Thanks for your suggestion.

I think the current Block Explorer interface is preventing requests if they are made too frequently. And if you have multiple bitcoin wallet addresses to monitor, it will be multiple requests. I will try to find a better block explorer site that allow for more frequent requests.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

So this part applies, partially:

Profit switching - Bitcoin address per miner

The pools used for the profit switching feature are configured in the Options dialog, Profit switching section. For the built-in pools like Nicehash, there is only a single field to enter the Bitcoin address to mine to. This address will be used for all Managed Profit Miners.

To set unique Bitcoin addresses per Managed Profit Miner, the Bitcoin address field can be set to - (a dash). Each Managed Profit Miner must now specify a Bitcoin address in the Add to worker name setting.

However this only works for MiningPoolHub.  On the managed profit miner properties, there is no field for nicehash/zpool btc address.  So my add to worker field has [mph username].[worker name] and that's it.

To be more succinct: using a Managed Profit Miner, and when specifying '-' in the fields for Options -> Profit Switching -> Managed Profit Switching, I can only either use a zpool/nicehash btc address, by specifying that address in Managed Profit Miner Properties -> Mining Pool -> 'add to worker name', or I can use a miningPoolHub account by specifying [mph username].[worker name].  I cannot do both, and I would like to be able to so that I can have different sets of nicehash/zpool/MPH addresses/usernames across different managed profit miners.
Hi again,
This will be released in a little while, where you can override the global settings for Nicehash / Zpool / MPH per Managed Profit Miner. Can you please test the feature and give feedback?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 08:31:33 PM

Version 3.2.8 (Development preview of 4.0)

- Awesome Miner Cloud Services
  * Cloud Services is an optional subscription service that adds additional features to Awesome Miner
  * Web interface hosted in the cloud. All monitoring statistics are pushed to the cloud by Awesome Miner and can be accessed from any computer, tablet or smart phone.
  * Mining operations can also be controlled via the cloud without any firewall configuration
  * SMS notifications, send SMS as rule action and send SMS manually
  * Listen to Awesome Miner heart beat and send a notification if missing
- GPU mining
  * More flexible algorithm configuration. New algorithms can be defined by user and configured for each mining software.
  * More flexible Online Service configuration
  * Managed Software can be added and used by both Managed Miners and by the Managed Profit Switcher. Define custom command line arguments for new algorithms per mining software.
  * GPU clocking profiles can be defined and automatically applied when a Managed Miner is starting and/or stopping. Works without any dependencies on the mining software being used.
  * New algorithms and coins added
  * Display Claymore miner invalid shares as HW errors
  * Ccminer 2.2 replaces older Ccminer SP-mod
  * Claymore Ethereum Miner 10.0 (changes GPU order - may require updates to 'Map to system monitoring' in Awesome Miner)
  * Claymore Zcash Miner 12.6
- ASIC mining
  * iBeLink fully supported with temperature
  * Antminer R1-LTC hashrate correction
  * Better detection of Antminer types in the network scanner
- Profitability Switching
  * Benchmarking of algorithm hashrates
  * Profit switching improvements, including configuration to disable individual algorithms per pool and separate dual mining hashrates
  * Managed Profit Miners can be configured with environment settings like Managed Miners, where window mode and processor settings can be defined.
  * Managed Profit Miners can override global worker names for default profit switching pools
  * Better support for multi-algorithm coins like Digibyte

- User interface
  * The coins listed with exchange rate in the statusbar can be customized
  * Added 6 more currencies, to support display in local currencies for more countries
  * Moved e-mail server configuration to a separate section in the Options dialog
  * Add user defined WhatToMine coins not listed in the main API
  * Window glass mode can be configured
- Rules, integration and configuration
  * New HTTP API's: Perform operations on a single notification. Includes Group Id information for miners. Get list of Managed Templates and apply templates to a miner.
  * Custom e-mail address can be set for a notification action, to override the global e-mail address to send notifications to
  * Rule triggers to detect when the computer is idle and used, to support start of mining when the computer is idle
  * Rule action to execute command (any application) on remote miner and also access the the remote execute feature from the System tab
  * Execute action can use the variable "[Host]" for the parameters, to launch external applications with the hostname/ip of the miner as a command line argument.
  * Web interface includes secondary hashrate if available, coin information in smart phone mode and corrections to notification display in multi-user environments
  * Both worker name and password field can use variables [IP1], [IP2], [IP3], [IP4] to replace with IP address segments for External Miners
  * SSL configuration for built-in web interface
- Corrections
  * Corrections to SMTP library to support Office 365 accounts
  * Correction of Block Explorer request for zcash for the Balance feature
  * Adjusted for new hashrate reporting on some algorithms at Nicehash and zpool
  * General improvements and corrections

Important: The Remote Agent must also be upgraded.

Development Previews can be enabled from the Options dialog, General section. Then Menu -> Check for updates. If you need access to the MSI files for manual installation:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMiner.msi
http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMinerRemoteService.msi

Don't downgrade to version 3.2 once you installed the new development versions.

Awesome Miner 4.0 release plan
Awesome Miner 4.0 will be released during the first half of September. The content of the release will be almost identical to the feature list above.

Already today you can sign up and start using the new Awesome Miner Cloud Services together with the development version.

STSMiner

Activity: 264
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:11:17 PM

Outstanding, wonderful program Patrike.

Just installed this latest update, testing underway on 2 small rigs.

Future feature, can the Console be included in the Pools section under the list of miners, so it would be three tier window ?

EG..... Visualize this..

Miners Tab

Description

>>My Profit Miner

Profit Miners
Pools Tab

>Pool 1
>pool 2

Console (with the option to expand (display) / Shrink (Hide)

>Console Window

This way I would not need the DOS window with the console info as an overlay.

Thoughts ?

breich

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:08:41 PM

Hi again,
This will be released in a little while, where you can override the global settings for Nicehash / Zpool / MPH per Managed Profit Miner. Can you please test the feature and give feedback?

http://www.awesomeminer.com/img/link/profit-override-workers.png

Thanks for the feature add; I just updated and it seems all is functioning as intended.  I will continue to monitor and let you know of any issues.

Question regarding zpool profitability numbers: is there any particular reason the '24h actual' reported value isn't used for the actual profitability of the algo?  Frequently I'll see zpool algos at, say, $7/day, but when factoring in the 24h actual, the return is much lower.  What is the intent here?  Which number is most accurate?  In example, at time of posting, zpool Hmq1725 reports a BTC/GH/day of .09475, but the 24h actual is .08012.  I don't want a situation where I'm mining something reportedly as the top algo but in reality is halfway down the list.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:27:33 AM

Error
DMD does not belong to groestl. It has a dmd-gr algorithm. Because of this, there are errors in the extraction!
You are correct that for example Ccminer has dmd-gr in addition to the groestl algorithm.

What makes me a bit confused is that WhatToMine, Coinwarz and the FAQ of the Diamond coin states that it's simply Groestl. If WhatToMine would have reported this as another algorithm, Awesome Miner could for sure map this to another command line parameter. Now it's getting a bit difficult, because if the above is true, Groestl could require different parameters depending on coin, which would be totally confusing.

Is there anyone else that has a good answer on this?

I mine Diamond on Awesome Miner with no issue.  I just put the "-a dmd-gr" option on the command line parameters on my managed template for Diamond. 
puwaha

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:39:56 AM

Hi again,

Thanks for the feature add; I just updated and it seems all is functioning as intended.  I will continue to monitor and let you know of any issues.

Question regarding zpool profitability numbers: is there any particular reason the '24h actual' reported value isn't used for the actual profitability of the algo?  Frequently I'll see zpool algos at, say, $7/day, but when factoring in the 24h actual, the return is much lower.  What is the intent here?  Which number is most accurate?  In example, at time of posting, zpool Hmq1725 reports a BTC/GH/day of .09475, but the 24h actual is .08012.  I don't want a situation where I'm mining something reportedly as the top algo but in reality is halfway down the list.

That's kind of the knock on profit switching in general.  When a coin jumps to the top, thousands of miner's profit switching algos switch to it, spiking the difficulty, thus knocking the coin back down the list.  In the meantime, depending on how often your profit switching algo checks, it will keep on mining the "not as profitable" coin.  Then you have to wait for the auto-conversion from the pool which can take many many minutes to hours, and by that time the coin has tanked in value... so you actually get less BTC than you would have just mining the coin and holding or waiting and manually changing to BTC.

I personally feel it's better to look at a coin's average... maybe 24 hours is a good indicator, but I prefer longer averages to the tune of 3 days to a week.  You will get much more consistent profits by mining a coin that stays popular at #3 all week than trying to chase coins that tank before you can see the profits.  It's kind of counter-intuitive.  I'm hoping Patrike can add some more customization in determining the parameters on how the profit switching works.  Whattomine.com already has parameters to look at 24 hour, 2 day, and 3 day averages.
puwaha

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:21:48 AM

Error
DMD does not belong to groestl. It has a dmd-gr algorithm. Because of this, there are errors in the extraction!
You are correct that for example Ccminer has dmd-gr in addition to the groestl algorithm.

What makes me a bit confused is that WhatToMine, Coinwarz and the FAQ of the Diamond coin states that it's simply Groestl. If WhatToMine would have reported this as another algorithm, Awesome Miner could for sure map this to another command line parameter. Now it's getting a bit difficult, because if the above is true, Groestl could require different parameters depending on coin, which would be totally confusing.

I mine Diamond on Awesome Miner with no issue.  I just put the "-a dmd-gr" option on the command line parameters on my managed template for Diamond. 

OH.... I just checked... you can't mine Diamond on pools anymore.  They are preparing to change over to pure POS, so all the pools are closing, and you can only solo mine until September 12th.
STSMiner

Activity: 264
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:05:37 AM

Patrike,

Is there a problem with zpool.ca ?

I can't seem to connect to the website and Awesome Miner will not connect to the servers either !

I've never tried to connect to Zpool before, so I could be doing something wrong setup wise.

Feedback / info on setup would be great.

Thanks.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 12:11:03 PM

Error

I mine Diamond on Awesome Miner with no issue.  I just put the "-a dmd-gr" option on the command line parameters on my managed template for Diamond.  

OH.... I just checked... you can't mine Diamond on pools anymore.  They are preparing to change over to pure POS, so all the pools are closing, and you can only solo mine until September 12th.

Thanks for your feedback on this. It's good that you have a manual workaround, but it would be even better if Awesome Miner could handle this for you. Right now it's a bit difficult as Diamond is just another Groestl algorithm according to all coin statistics sources including WhatToMine.

From the Diamond coin FAQ it also sounds like it should be standard Groestl:
A: groestl is a algo not developed for cryptocoins but as a general purpose security algorythm same as SHA256 (bitcoin algo)
myriadcoin & groestlcoin where the first which used this great algorythm for a crypto currency
and diamond will take a similar approach of implementation so grs able miningsoftware will be able mine dmd too
compared to scrypt it have less power useage and heat production on most GPU even below x11

Maybe the fact that it will be POS solves the problem for Awesome Miner, as it doesn't have to be supported anymore?  Wink

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 12:12:33 PM

Patrike,

Is there a problem with zpool.ca ?

I can't seem to connect to the website and Awesome Miner will not connect to the servers either !

I've never tried to connect to Zpool before, so I could be doing something wrong setup wise.

Feedback / info on setup would be great.

Thanks.
There are some major issues with Zpool today. Their site worked when I tried it right now, but earlier it didn't respond to API calls and the site wasn't working.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 12:20:08 PM

I personally feel it's better to look at a coin's average... maybe 24 hours is a good indicator, but I prefer longer averages to the tune of 3 days to a week.  You will get much more consistent profits by mining a coin that stays popular at #3 all week than trying to chase coins that tank before you can see the profits.  It's kind of counter-intuitive.  I'm hoping Patrike can add some more customization in determining the parameters on how the profit switching works.  Whattomine.com already has parameters to look at 24 hour, 2 day, and 3 day averages.
I started looking into this a little while ago when it was discussed last time, and I found a way to support 24h avg statistics for Nicehash, zpool and WhatToMine - but not for Mining Pool Hub.

I will go ahead and make the implementation for these sources that supports it, because it's only a small implementation. I will add a new settings in the Options dialog (probably in the Statistics sub section for Coins&Profit) where you can select between "Current" and "24h average". This will be used for the information you see on the Coins tab, the Online Services tab and for the profit switcher.

You are correct that WhatToMine is very flexible here, but the other sources are not.

davemanet

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:36:00 PM

Hi All,  I'm switching from SimpleMining to Awesome Miner and am excited.  I have some questions for anyone familiar with both.

1. In SimpleMining, I did alot of custom core/memory overclock.  Can I use similar settings or do I have to test each card settings all over again?

2. In SimpleMining I lowered Power Stage to get lower watts and it was easy just slide down bar.  What area of Awesome Miner can I do the same?

3. Do you recommend Managed Miner or Managed Profit Miner?
ballcpe

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:25:23 PM

I tried to use Claymore V 10 but it run claymore V9.8. How to fix it ?
xChackOx

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:07:47 PM

That's kind of the knock on profit switching in general.  When a coin jumps to the top, thousands of miner's profit switching algos switch to it, spiking the difficulty, thus knocking the coin back down the list.  In the meantime, depending on how often your profit switching algo checks, it will keep on mining the "not as profitable" coin.  Then you have to wait for the auto-conversion from the pool which can take many many minutes to hours, and by that time the coin has tanked in value... so you actually get less BTC than you would have just mining the coin and holding or waiting and manually changing to BTC.

This is something most people don't get. Constantly chasing most profitable coin doesn't make the cut in the long run. You could be mining a coin at a profit right now, but by the time you have enough of that coin to exchange it the price could have go down. Of course, it could go up too.

TBH, chasing short term profit mining only works with NiceHash. They make a log of your profit at a given time and add it to your balance. It doesn't matter if the price drops later, the coins you mined at a certain price get immediately converted at that exchange rate and added to your balance. In sites like MiningPoolHub you are actually earning coins. MPH only automates the exchange process and they have minimums for this, so it's very likely that the price will be different by the time of exchange than the at time you mined the coin. I'm not really sure but I think zpool is like NiceHash too.

So, for those mining coins directly, it's better to stick to one coin that have a good profitable average in a week.
davemanet

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:40:23 PM

This is something most people don't get. Constantly chasing most profitable coin doesn't make the cut in the long run. You could be mining a coin at a profit right now, but by the time you have enough of that coin to exchange it the price could have go down. Of course, it could go up too.

TBH, chasing short term profit mining only works with NiceHash. They make a log of your profit at a given time and add it to your balance. It doesn't matter if the price drops later, the coins you mined at a certain price get immediately converted at that exchange rate and added to your balance. In sites like MiningPoolHub you are actually earning coins. MPH only automates the exchange process and they have minimums for this, so it's very likely that the price will be different by the time of exchange than the at time you mined the coin. I'm not really sure but I think zpool is like NiceHash too.

So, for those mining coins directly, it's better to stick to one coin that have a good profitable average in a week.

So do you think it is worth it to do some rigs on Awesome Miner single coin, and some rigs use Nice Hash and  use profit switching?
mr_blanket

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:53:28 PM

So, for benchmarking, I select my GPU0, do the full list, and then do it again for GPU1?  They are identical 1070s... just curious.

Thanks again for the software!  Outstanding.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: