Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:38:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700857 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 05:02:28 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 05:16:44 PM by patrike

Any ETA for supporting XMR-Stak's new unified version?  That's pretty much all I'm running these days.  I so desperately want to use Awesome Miner and XMR-Stak that I'm considering writing an adapter program to emulate Claymore so I can feed XMR-Stak's data back to Awesome Miner.  But I don't want to invest that time if support for XMR-Stak will be coming in the next month or two.

I have all implementation for connecting to it as an External Miner ready, but it's currently hidden.

For the moment I have given up on adding support for it as a Managed Miner because this mining software do so many strange things, for example:
- It requires running as Administrator, which creates all sorts of problems when you want to auto start it or launch it from another applications. It's probably the first mining software ever that has this behavior.
- It doesn't simply auto detect devices like other mining software. It looks like it tries to detect the first time and then update the configuration file, but it would be too complex for Awesome Miner to know if it will work or now. I can just imagine all the support question I will get around how this software handles its configuration file and prompting the user for input on the command line when something is missing.

Even if I only support it as an External Miner, you could still add your own Managed Software, point to the XMR-Stak for API compatibility and then create a Managed Miner for this where you point to your xmr-stak.exe file. As long as Awesome Miner is running as Administrator (or you have some configuration of Windows to bypass this), it will behave like any other Managed Miner - but you are in charge of all configuration yourself.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:40:11 PM

Any ETA for supporting XMR-Stak's new unified version?  That's pretty much all I'm running these days.  I so desperately want to use Awesome Miner and XMR-Stak that I'm considering writing an adapter program to emulate Claymore so I can feed XMR-Stak's data back to Awesome Miner.  But I don't want to invest that time if support for XMR-Stak will be coming in the next month or two.

I have all implementation for connecting to it as an External Miner ready, but it's currently hidden.

For the moment I have given up on adding support for it as a Managed Miner because this mining software do so many strange things, for example:
- It requires running as Administrator, which creates all sorts of problems when you want to auto start it or launch it from another applications. It's probably the first mining software ever that has this behavior.
- It doesn't simply auto detect devices like other mining software. It looks like it tries to detect the first time and then update the configuration file, but it would be too complex for Awesome Miner to know if it will work or now. I can just imagine all the support question I will get around how this software handles its configuration file and prompting the user for input on the command line when something is missing.

Even if I only support it as an External Miner, you could still add your own Managed Software, point to the XMR-Stak for API compatibility and then create a Managed Miner for this where you point to your xmr-stak.exe file. As long as Awesome Miner is running as Administrator (or you have some configuration of Windows to bypass this), it will behave like any other Managed Miner - but you are in charge of all configuration yourself.

I don't mind managing the configuration myself, the main thing is I want to be able to start/stop the miner and get hash rate and coin profit.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:42:57 PM

Awesome Miner version 4.2.1

- Profit switcher can be configured with a threshold to not make a switch on small profit improvements
- Configurable to display Antminer chip temperature in the miner list
- Configurable to display average temperature in the miner list
- Added feature to faster find a miner in the list, via the new Find toolbar
- Command line parameters configurable per pool for the profit switcher in the Options dialog, Online Services section.
- A miner group can be defined as the default group for adding new miners
- Network scan for External Miners will only consider IP address, not port, to identify if it's a new miner
- DSTM Zcash Cuda Miner supported
- Correction to Offline Detection of Managed Miners

Thanks for DSTM support ...and all my Nv cards ty ....

Question do you have a BTC address i can send a tip to ? .... ,like 10 bucks or so in BTC as a tip ? ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:52:51 PM

Hashrefinery's Nist5 calculations have gone haywire.  AM claims I'm making $200 million a day.  Same for X11.
tamerdagli

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:04:26 PM

Hi Patrike can u please add an option to upgrade all remote services at once.

Thanks
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 07:29:30 PM

I don't mind managing the configuration myself, the main thing is I want to be able to start/stop the miner and get hash rate and coin profit.
I can make the feature available within the next 1 - 2 days.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 07:37:59 PM

Awesome Miner version 4.2.1

- Profit switcher can be configured with a threshold to not make a switch on small profit improvements
- Configurable to display Antminer chip temperature in the miner list
- Configurable to display average temperature in the miner list
- Added feature to faster find a miner in the list, via the new Find toolbar
- Command line parameters configurable per pool for the profit switcher in the Options dialog, Online Services section.
- A miner group can be defined as the default group for adding new miners
- Network scan for External Miners will only consider IP address, not port, to identify if it's a new miner
- DSTM Zcash Cuda Miner supported
- Correction to Offline Detection of Managed Miners

Thanks for DSTM support ...and all my Nv cards ty ....

Question do you have a BTC address i can send a tip to ? .... ,like 10 bucks or so in BTC as a tip ? ..
Just keep supporting the software like you already do and I will be more than happy!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 07:39:18 PM

Hashrefinery's Nist5 calculations have gone haywire.  AM claims I'm making $200 million a day.  Same for X11.
It's the same issue on their web site, so this cannot be resolved from an Awesome Miner point of view. In fact, zpool had similar problems recently and they stated it was due to some exchange reporting incorrect numbers to them.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 07:40:55 PM

Hi Patrike can u please add an option to upgrade all remote services at once.

Thanks
Hi,

Isn't that working already? If you select more than one miner in the list of miners, the toolbar button "Upgrade Remote Agent" should allow you to do this. You can also right click and perform a "Select all" if needed.

robinlongstride

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:04:59 PM

How do i set up my ASICs to do external profit switching? I think ive got the program configured right, not sure if i need the remote program too though? Awesome miner is so confusing :/
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:09:43 PM

How do i set up my ASICs to do external profit switching? I think ive got the program configured right, not sure if i need the remote program too though? Awesome miner is so confusing :/
Hi,
Please follow this guide that both describes how the concept works and how to configure. It's basically just a click in a checkbox to setup:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx#externalprofit

robinlongstride

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:25:32 PM

Hi,
Please follow this guide that both describes how the concept works and how to configure. It's basically just a click in a checkbox to setup:

But how can it be just a click in a checkbox if it says in the documentation that it does not change the pools on the ASIC so you have to do this manually?  So what settings are needed on the ASICs? and why does it say in documentation "The setting for Nicehash, zpool and Mining Pool Hub in Options dialog, Profit switching section, should not be filled in for the External Profit Switcher"...

It underlines not to fill in some settings....so where do you fill in the information? what happens if you do fill in the info? will it not work lol, what information is it even talking about, this program and documentation is so confusing...
tf2addict

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:18:57 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 10:40:28 PM by tf2addict

I can make the feature available within the next 1 - 2 days.

That would be amazing, thanks, I'll certainly keep an eye out for it and will check it out.

I do have XMR-Stak compiling so it should be a fairly simple matter of adding a compatible API to it.  I'm starting off simple for now though, I've mocked up a .NET app that listens on a TCP port and I'm getting the API request from Awesome Miner so this should be a relatively simple matter of making my app launch the miner and get data out of it and return it to Awesome Miner.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:19:35 PM

Hi,

But how can it be just a click in a checkbox if it says in the documentation that it does not change the pools on the ASIC so you have to do this manually?  So what settings are needed on the ASICs? and why does it say in documentation "The setting for Nicehash, zpool and Mining Pool Hub in Options dialog, Profit switching section, should not be filled in for the External Profit Switcher"...

It underlines not to fill in some settings....so where do you fill in the information? what happens if you do fill in the info? will it not work lol, what information is it even talking about, this program and documentation is so confusing...
The main concept for the External Profit Switcher is actually very simple, and is described in in the very first point:
"For External Profit Switching, Awesome Miner will not add or change any pools on the miner. The profit switcher will only look at the pools already defined on the miner and change the priority of them. The priority is set based on profitability. "

What the External Profit Switcher is doing is to look at all the pools on the Antminer, and you can see these in the Pools tab at the bottom of the screen in Awesome Miner, and set priority based on profitability.

The pools you already defined on your Antminers (probably three of them) are already available, but you can of course add more. You can add them manually via Awesome Miner for example, where you define them via the "New pool" button in the toolbar. Then you can add it to your Antminer from the Pools tab at the bottom of the screen. All the pools you have on the Antminer will be considered by the profit switcher, but Awesome Miner will never do any add/remove pools operations automatically for you. The profit switcher is operating only by setting priorities that makes the Antminer change to the most profitable pool.

The settings about "Nicehash, zpool, ..." and so on are for the Managed Profit Switcher used for GPU mining, where you have many more complex scenarios because of multiple mining software and algorithms. None of these settings relate to profit switching on an Antminer. It doesn't matter if you fill in these settings, they will be completely ignored by the External Profit Switcher for your Antminer.

omshree

Activity: 270

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:37:01 PM

Did anybody successfully run DSTM miner on 1080ti? It never starts for me, strangest thing ever.

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
SuperPants321

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:57:56 PM

Did anybody successfully run DSTM miner on 1080ti? It never starts for me, strangest thing ever.

Working fine on my 1080ti. I didn't change anything, other than selecting DSTM.
narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1749
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:50:37 AM

New version 4.2.1 crashing after 2-3 min. !!!

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:59:37 AM

Make sure your PC has thiis installed and read ,the read me for DSTM .

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Awesome miner has nothing to do with that crash if that's not installed...that's a crash you won't see awesome report . run it with out AWESOME and you should see a POP up error .

I do have it running successfully with 4 NVIDIA CARDS.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
derkos

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:14:26 AM

Did AM ever get support for the eBit miners?   
I actually don't know. Awesome Miner supports most miners that runs cgminer or compatible software with a monitoring API. If you have any of these miners, please give it a try with Awesome Miner and let me know.

Hi Patrike,

Here is the API Report for an eBit 9t miner.   It uses CgMiner.   It does not have a configuration option to enable anything API related.

Version: 4.2.1
API command: config

API command: summary

API command: privileged

API command: devs

API command: pools

API command: coin

API command: notify

API command: stats
tf2addict

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:52:21 AM

Any thoughts on how to get the AM Remote to be able to launch xmr-stak because of the elevated permissions issue?    That is the only thing holding me back from getting this all working.  I thought I had it working by having AM launch my adapter app and the app then launches XMR-Stak and that does work but the problem is when I stop the miner in AM it only shuts down my app and not XMR-Stak as well.  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: