Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:38:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700831 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 05:29:46 AM

Doesn't really help. I want to be able to allow my kids to restart the machine if needed, watch cartoons, play their games, all while the miner is doing its thing in the background.
Vertcoin OCM does this (autostart at login, start minimized to System Tray, start mining automatically), and I've written a small Visual Basic application which does the same for CPU mining (I mine UIS using Yescrypt on Hash refinery with CPUminer-opt). My VB app uses a cmd wrapper to allow easy window manipulation etc.

Awesome Miner already has a System Tray icon, it makes little sense for it to not be able to minimize to System Tray - I just couldn't find the option.
If I understand your request correctly, you simply want to close the Awesome Miner main application so you don't see it in the task bar but only as a system tray icon? Simply click the X-button in the upper right corner to close the main window. This will not exit the application - but leave it running in the background and be accessible via the System Tray icon. Was this the behavior you were looking for?

If you want each mining software console window to be hidden as well, you can configure this in the Properties of the miner, on the Environment tab where you can set the Console window mode.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mr.Spider703

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

http://radio.r41.ru

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 06:28:10 AM

hi petrike.
4 cards are installed on the PC, three of them are 1060, and one is 1080, only one card is used for testing, is it possible to do something so that all the cards are used when benchmarking

when you do benchmark, the GPU dropdown list on the Benchmark window should show one of the choice as "All Combined", would that be what you are looking for?
Thanks, I found, I just had to update the program
hyneks

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:39:27 AM

So the problem with antivirus is solved, I just had to turn off whole antivirus to let AwesomeMiner download necessary files and now it runs without any problems.

But there is another problem - my "daily profit" has fallen down to almost half value, than I had 2 weeks ago. On GPU 1060 6G+ I had between $4-6 / day, now I have around $2-2.5... Anyone with the same problem here?

Thanks!
Der-Foehn

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:47:52 AM

Hey, it would be awesome, like the name implies, if we could have phi1612 implemented asap, it looks like something we should be onboard early. But after several trys the software does not want the data from WhatToMine (LUX).

I/We would be happy to have the abillity to mine coins, based on this algo.

Keep up the good work!

the coin is mineable even without setting whattomine, you find a pool and set the algo/mining sw up, then mine away immediately...no need to wait for dev...

also a page or 2 back, we've already showed with picture by picture how to set it up manually if you want to add it as managed profit miner...it really can't get any straight forward than that Smiley

Holy shit! This software amazes me time after time. After dealing with specialized software, which is on a whole different level when it comes to costs per license, this is a so well thought out programm. Everything I would like is already implemented, but this time I just did not found the right words to look it up. Many thanks for the pointer!
hyneks

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:54:08 AM

So the problem with antivirus is solved, I just had to turn off whole antivirus to let AwesomeMiner download necessary files and now it runs without any problems.

But there is another problem - my "daily profit" has fallen down to almost half value, than I had 2 weeks ago. On GPU 1060 6G+ I had between $4-6 / day, now I have around $2-2.5... Anyone with the same problem here?

Thanks!

I just had to add to my last post, that I had to reinstall whole PC and set up miner again, so maybe I did something wrong? Or I have no idea Sad
CrypotoCreanis

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Don’t do a screen name after 4 glasses of Chianti

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:43:16 PM

Thanks!

What has the price of the coin done over the same period of time? Has your reported hash rate changed from the last install to now?
hyneks

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:51:07 PM

Thanks!

What has the price of the coin done over the same period of time? Has your reported hash rate changed from the last install to now?

To be honest, I don't remember exact hash rate before reinstall.. But the coin price should be almost the same, it mines many coins (using miningpoolhub and there appears: Skein, Vertcoin, ZCash, ZClassic, ZenCash, Bitcoin-Gold, Monacoin, etc...)
So could you please give me maybe an advice, if there is some, what should be the best configuration?

Thank you!
viper357

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:03:49 PM

Hi guys, I'm in the process of switching over to Awesomeminer and doing some testing with the free version on one of my rigs. The rig has 5 nvidia gpu's and 1 amd gpu.

When I start mining I disable all of the nvidia gpu's and mine only on the amd gpu, however, in the last 30 minutes or so Awesomeminer has stopped mining for a few seconds and restarted again. The problem is when it restarts mining it enables all of the nvidia gpu's again. Is there a way to prevent it from enabling all of the disabled gpu's? Thanks.
robl450

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:08:34 PM

Just setup my rig with 3 graphics cards.  2 1060 and a 950.  The 950 will not run on a few algorithms.  Is there no way to say don't run this card on that algorithm and just have it run on the most profitable algorithm?  Otherwise I have to eliminate an algorithm or 2 and others I have to run on CCminer instead of Alexis and there is a huge difference in speed.  I tried to setup one miner for the 2 gtx 1060 and another miner for the GTX 950 but that didn't seem to work.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:13:57 PM

Patrike the HTTP API coin setting is wonderful, thank you very much. I am making extensive use of it.

As another line item, can you please add the ability to create new coins via the API as well? The plugins I'm writing/hope to be distributing sorely need it.

Something along the lines of:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/coins/NEW?longname=COIN_NAME&shortname=CNNME&algo=skein

Thank you!

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
war4peace

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:20:27 PM

If I understand your request correctly, you simply want to close the Awesome Miner main application so you don't see it in the task bar but only as a system tray icon? Simply click the X-button in the upper right corner to close the main window. This will not exit the application - but leave it running in the background and be accessible via the System Tray icon. Was this the behavior you were looking for?

If you want each mining software console window to be hidden as well, you can configure this in the Properties of the miner, on the Environment tab where you can set the Console window mode.

Actually I would like the application to automatically start minimized to system tray when the user logs in to the account. I want to avoid my kids messing with Awesome Miner - they have been "trained" Smiley to ignore System Tray.

Wanted Behavior:
- User logs in;
- Startup applications load one after the other;
- Awesome Miner loads at startup but doesn't display any window, instead shows its icon in System Tray only.

Actual behavior:
- User logs in;
- Awesome Miner loads at startup and shows main window, potentially allowing my kids to mess with it (click on stuff etc).

I was hoping for a startup switch (e.g. "/systray") which tells the application "start in system tray only".
No.15

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:54:37 PM

Actually I would like the application to automatically start minimized to system tray when the user logs in to the account. I want to avoid my kids messing with Awesome Miner - they have been "trained" Smiley to ignore System Tray.

Wanted Behavior:
- User logs in;
- Awesome Miner loads at startup but doesn't display any window, instead shows its icon in System Tray only.

Actual behavior:
- User logs in;
- Awesome Miner loads at startup and shows main window, potentially allowing my kids to mess with it (click on stuff etc).

I was hoping for a startup switch (e.g. "/systray") which tells the application "start in system tray only".

Try wscript.exe https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee156605.aspx

Create a .vbs script and launcher
Code:
wscript.exe /B /NoLogo [path]/vbsyoucreate.vbs "your command here w/ options" 7

and run the launcher  in startup folder or task manager

might work
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:12:04 PM

With the new Antminer A3 the api control is working, but somehow the accepted/rejected shares are not gotten at all, thus gives false notifications.

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
Blizzer3

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:31:59 PM

Just tested this out on my 6xGTX 1070 rig, for some reason its only putting around 50-70% load on my GPUs :/
Anyone knows why this happens?
Tried on my normal desktop and got same results.

No.15

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:01:03 PM

Just tested this out on my 6xGTX 1070 rig, for some reason its only putting around 50-70% load on my GPUs :/

I am a noob but I think some coins are memory intensive and some are gpu processor intensive.  So a memory heavy coin may show the load as less.  I may get corrected but that is what I think you are seeing.
Blizzer3

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:12:51 PM

I am a noob but I think some coins are memory intensive and some are gpu processor intensive.  So a memory heavy coin may show the load as less.  I may get corrected but that is what I think you are seeing.
No thats wrong.
The load is less then it should be because my hash rate is less then it should be.
If i for example run the same algo and the same pool using nemosminer or megaminer i get a 90-100% load and a LOT better hash rate.
No.15

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:24:39 PM

No thats wrong.
The load is less then it should be because my hash rate is less then it should be.
If i for example run the same algo and the same pool using nemosminer or megaminer i get a 90-100% load and a LOT better hash rate.

Oh I see, I misunderstood your post.   I have nemos on mine and I am getting a similar rate on ahashpool with nemo and AM (nist5 and 4x1080's).  Could AM be setting a cmd line parameter or perhaps try re benchmarking one of the cards in the rig?
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:44:38 PM

Hi guys, I'm in the process of switching over to Awesomeminer and doing some testing with the free version on one of my rigs. The rig has 5 nvidia gpu's and 1 amd gpu.

When I start mining I disable all of the nvidia gpu's and mine only on the amd gpu, however, in the last 30 minutes or so Awesomeminer has stopped mining for a few seconds and restarted again. The problem is when it restarts mining it enables all of the nvidia gpu's again. Is there a way to prevent it from enabling all of the disabled gpu's? Thanks.

Just setup my rig with 3 graphics cards.  2 1060 and a 950.  The 950 will not run on a few algorithms.  Is there no way to say don't run this card on that algorithm and just have it run on the most profitable algorithm?  Otherwise I have to eliminate an algorithm or 2 and others I have to run on CCminer instead of Alexis and there is a huge difference in speed.  I tried to setup one miner for the 2 gtx 1060 and another miner for the GTX 950 but that didn't seem to work.

did you guys tried the -d flag to select your devices for the miner?

if you are using multiple softwares in your profit profile, you need to parse the command line in each of the enabled software in your profit profile depend on the software
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:01:38 PM

Thanks!

To be honest, I don't remember exact hash rate before reinstall.. But the coin price should be almost the same, it mines many coins (using miningpoolhub and there appears: Skein, Vertcoin, ZCash, ZClassic, ZenCash, Bitcoin-Gold, Monacoin, etc...)
So could you please give me maybe an advice, if there is some, what should be the best configuration?

Thank you!

I guess first of all you need to make sure your GPU is hashing at the rate that's on par with all other GTX1060s, then make sure you aren't getting rejected shares. Obviously you want to do some overclock to get the most out of your mining.

a rough range you should expect for the algos you seem to mine above is below:
Equihash  > 300 sol/s
cryptonight > 500 H/s
Eth - 22~24 MH/s
lyra2rev2 ~ 24 MH/s
Nist ~ 30 MH/s
NeoScrypt ~ 650 kH/s
Skein ~ 240 MH/s
Myr-gr > 40 MH/s

and so on...for GTX 1060, start off Core/Mem/Power with +100/+400/75%....most cards are willing to take it...then depend on your cards' make, you can adjust to get a stable yet efficient hashrate.
robl450

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:04:29 PM

I'm not sure how that would help in my case as I want all 3 running.  I just want the 950 using ccminer and the others using Alexis depending on the algorithm

did you guys tried the -d flag to select your devices for the miner?

if you are using multiple softwares in your profit profile, you need to parse the command line in each of the enabled software in your profit profile depend on the software
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: