Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700586 times)
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:42:30 PM

Dialogue enhancement request.

In the Benchmark dialogue, would it be possible to multi-select different items to be benchmarked? (Shift click and Control click?)

Generally, when a new version of a miner is updated, I like to go to the benchmark dialogue and benchmark all the algorithms I have selected for that specific miner. It's a bit of a pain clicking each individual algorithm when there are 15 of them (out of 40). Sorting by miner helps, but it would be wonderful to sort by miner, click the first one for that miner, then shift click the last one for that miner and have all the algorithms for that miner selected for benchmarking.

(This kind of goes along with my other request to save each miners benchmark value.)

Thanks,
...jim

I agree that it can be improved. @patrike, perhaps it's worth considering to have filtering criteria available to the benchmark dialogue, first by primary software to be benchmarked, and second by competing software where same algo is available/enabled?
It's a small change to allow multi-select like jim suggestion. I can add that right away. Keeping each mining software benchmark result is also on the todo-list and will be supported later on.

I'm not sure if I understood the filtering concept (sorry about that). With the new multi-select you should be able to mark all entries for CryptonightV8 for example, check all of them, and then benchmark it. What would the filtering add in this scenario?

sorry being ambigous and I admit I haven't actually used the benchmark feature much for the past 3 months at least, currently caught up with something , I'll come up with example use case in the next day or 2 to elaborate around filtering (not just for the benchmarking dialogue). cheers.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moppidoo

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:45:08 PM

Maybe it should be possible to define something like this:
- Additional power usage (W) on a global level, in addition to the individual miners. To be used to reduce the total profit on the dashboard
- Additional power user per miner - configured per profit profile
 - Possible to override this per miner as well
All this would be added on top of the power usage specified per algorithm.

Please let me know your view on this.

I`m looking for a way to set FIXED expenses to run an ASIC. Just to give you an example. I current host my ASIC  at a mine farm. I do not pay any particular expenses, but I pay a set FEE a month.
It would be good to have an ability to set daily expenses or monthly without basing calculation on power consumption. I hope this helps to clarify the situation and is possible to setup in awesome.

This would be of great convenience as co-location is very common among enthusiast miners and I too pay fixed fee (per month, some per day) for some of my rigs. currently have to reverse the calculation to convert into Watts consumption for closer to accurate display.
moppidoo

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:55:48 PM

Hi,

In auto-profit, I have a problem with overclocking.
In many cases, the frequencies recover from the original (normal when it finishes the mining) but it remains on this frequency when it begins another mining.

It does not always, but I often find my miners who mine the ETH to 100% power instead of 65% which changes everything in terms of consumption.

Thank you
I've had a few similar reports in the past MSI Afterburner sometimes doesn't like too frequent clocking changes request. Can you try to put a delay between the clocking operations by going to the Options dialog, Mining Settings and add a few seconds to "Pause after applying clocking settings".

I can also announce that the development of native clocking via Awesome Miner has started. It's a bit too early to say how it will work out, but it looks promising and the plan is to let Awesome Miner do the clocking via the AMD and nVidia libraries/drivers without using external applications like MSI Afterburner. This will give Awesome Miner much more control of the clocking in the future.

@JACKSEG, I have similar problems with this in the past, now it's been somewhat negated by profit profile setting tweaks. mainly, if exists in your configuration, I'd suggest totally ignore the stopping clocking profile (uncheck that box for all algos, you can use bulk edit for that), like patrike suggests, it seems to fail with frequent switching and unchecking it will take away extra layer of complexity in your miners' switching operation
House Xylander

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 01:02:02 AM

is there any way to limit or schedule bandwidth usage? AM is hitting about 1.5gb a day and it's killing my 50gb a month limit.
Allo-4ka

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:32:25 AM

is there any way to limit or schedule bandwidth usage? AM is hitting about 1.5gb a day and it's killing my 50gb a month limit.

You can change the number and increase the polling time of installations in the settings of each miner
Example 1 asic with AM polling at 60 seconds = 12-14 mb/day
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:46:24 AM

Hey Patrike, I have some more requests as mining seemingly is evolving in weird ways.

-A way to pull date/time stamp for rules activation from a txt file which is monitored. Such as scanning a text file and recognizing a date/time stamp and using that as a trigger. Date/time syntax could be specified by the user to make it easier to program for you.

-Adding a command to shutdown miners. There is reboot command, but not shutdown.

-Adding the ability to send a magic packet to machines (Wake on Lan). Machine MAC addresses in addition to IPs should be recorded by Awesome Miner and should be seamlessly integrated with miners. Wake on Lan is heavily documented with examples, very easy to implement, and used in a lot of applications. This is very important for low power usage scenarios.

-Apply a template to selected miners. I'm not sure if there is some weird way of doing this already, but you can only select pools or pool groups, and not change the template (which is needed for swapping algorithms on a schedule).

Thanks. ^^
1) This one is a bit specific and I don't think there will be much general use for a feature like this to justify new trigger settings for it. I can write a few lines of custom C# script for you that will trigger based on file content. Please give me an example of what the file format will look like and I will get back to you on this.

2) You can use the rules for this - both for manually triggering a shutdown but also as part of some automated tasks. Please see "Example: Shutdown remote PC via a button click":
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000085907-rules-detect-mining-issues-and-automate-tasks
The example illustrates how you can add a menu item to the Actions button where you can execute any remote command, in this case a shutdown command. This action is very flexible as it can automate many tasks on the remote miners.

3) This is a very interesting suggestion that I've actually not been thinking of before. Awesome Miner would have to save the last known MAC address of each Remote Agent but otherwise it should be quite straight forward. This would make sense to have as a rule action. I will expore this request and see when it's possible to implement.

4) Is this for use in a rule where you want to make changes on a schedule? There is a rule action called Apply Managed Template that you can use. Please let me know if this was what you were looking for or if I misunderstood your request.

Thanks for all comments, questions and feedback!

Yup, might be specific to me. I asked a page or so back if it could be done in a custom script, but you didn't respond on that one. That would also work. Once I come up with a syntax for it I'll shoot you a PM regarding this.

Yup, there are also other ways of shutting down as well as rebooting using scripts, just like a WoL, but it would be nice if it was integrated into AM itself without writing scripts or batfiles outside of it. We might just be mincing words at this point as I like to have everything rolled into one thing instead of a patch works of bandaids everywhere. Not really as important as the other suggestions although a right click option outside of a rule would still be great.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to do. MACs generally don't change, so it could be even more reliable then IP or computer names for finding miners if they change names. There are a lot of options for saving MAC beyond just using it for WoL. If you're looking for how to implement WoL there are quite a few well documented examples so it makes it easy to use.

https://wiki.wireshark.org/WakeOnLAN
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/knom/2008/12/31/wake-on-lan-client-with-c/

Yes that's what I was looking for. Apparently I missed it because of 'apply managed' in front of it, I was just looking for template.

In addition, another helpful item that would be great to have in AM is redundancy in the network. Right now if you try to run multiple AM clients on the same network it causes things to freak out. It would be nice if you could have 'redundant' AMs installs that simply monitor each other and don't do anything until one or the other is changed. A usage scenario for this is obviously if the computer goes down with AM on it, the monitoring and scheduling features go with it. Other usage scenarios include mobile. If you have a laptop for instance you take home with you off the network and you have a computer you leave on the mining network, they should sync with each other when you come back to whatever is the most up to date (there is a lot of options for syncing).
Thanks for your detailed reply.

Just a small comment about the shutdown. It will not require you to put batch-files on each computer as you can enter the "shutdown" command directly in the rule in Awesome Miner. I do however understand the general point you are making here about that it's nice to have as much as possible integrated and ready-to-use in Awesome Miner.

About multiple AM installations your points are correct. For GPU mining, a Remote Agent cannot be controlled by multiple Awesome Miner instances. For ASIC mining, it's however possible to monitor the same ASIC miners from many locations. Also, Awesome Miner isn't true client-server based in this sense. It would be ideal to have the Core of Awesome Miner allowing multiple user interface application to connect. This would however require major changes, but as I've received similar comments in the past, at least from those running large scale mining operations, it might be supported in the future.

Yup, just to make sure we're on the same page, the shutdown option wasn't just for a rules action, but also for a context option. Right click on miner > shutdown. There is already reboot, however remotely shutting down rigs is sometimes something you're looking to do.

If you're looking for priorities, the WoL feature is something I'm currently very interested in. I'll have to shoot you with a syntax for a c# script for rules action. I'm working with someone else on this, so I'll send you a PM whenever I get this figured out.

I understand the idea of centralizing everything. Honestly this is where a web based service would compete with the AM client. You should honestly just have AM in a web page, although I could definitely see that leading to problems with security and people trying to mess with network difficulty by somehow disabling all AM rigs. There would be a bit of work, but if the AM client was a little less hands on with controlling agents and having two computers sync with each other when something changes (or however many AM clients are running). Whichever AM client has more up to date settings, other AM clients update their settings with whatever was updated and don't change agents unless they're the ones that changed it in the first place.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but it seems more of a order of operations thing if you're just trying to band aid fix things to make them work. That and AM still needs a sync'd repository and a way to adjust what software is uploaded to remote AM clients, so we can clean up old miner software that has been uploaded.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 10:35:27 AM

I am running the professional version of AM on my small farm of Inosillicon A9 Zmasters and for some reason I can show Horizen with totals as the coin I am mining on the Main/Miners page but when I select Zcash(the coin I am actually mining), the logos show up but no prices or totals.
Are Zcash showing up with the correct information on the Coins tab? If you enter the same hashrate on the Coins tab as your miner can perform, will you get a revenue and profit displayed here on the Coins tab?

On the coins tab I have amounts for several coins but only zero's for Zcash.
Can you select the Zcash coin and then click the 'Coin Properties' toolbar button and make sure 'Change Properties' isn't checked. If checked, you would override all stats with what you enter in this dialog.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 10:38:36 AM

Maybe it should be possible to define something like this:
- Additional power usage (W) on a global level, in addition to the individual miners. To be used to reduce the total profit on the dashboard
- Additional power user per miner - configured per profit profile
 - Possible to override this per miner as well
All this would be added on top of the power usage specified per algorithm.

Please let me know your view on this.

I`m looking for a way to set FIXED expenses to run an ASIC. Just to give you an example. I current host my ASIC  at a mine farm. I do not pay any particular expenses, but I pay a set FEE a month.
It would be good to have an ability to set daily expenses or monthly without basing calculation on power consumption. I hope this helps to clarify the situation and is possible to setup in awesome.

This would be of great convenience as co-location is very common among enthusiast miners and I too pay fixed fee (per month, some per day) for some of my rigs. currently have to reverse the calculation to convert into Watts consumption for closer to accurate display.
Thanks for the good points. As the profitability related features are getting more important with the current mining situation, this would make sense to support.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 11:10:23 AM

Hello @patrike, a question. For when there will be more or less an update with a new currency provider ?. We already have WTM, Coinwarz and CC, but it's not enough.

Since Awesome miner coin adapter no longer works well, we can not add coins and they are getting the data. We need another Shitcoins aggregator like shit to Mine or similar. Take this matter seriously because suddenly I have many less coins to mine due to the failure of Awesome Miner Coin Updater.

We need more coins in the system with their data, then we will see what we use or not. Until now I did not care because it added with AM CU, but it does not read the hash anymore.

I have already told Soothaa that his extension could fix it and improve it (choose or not certain exchanges and choose exchange for currency) and make it a single payment, so that it is not a free job for others.

But due to its little interest in fixing the extension, the currencies offered by the 3 current AM aggregators, I think few coins appear, when it is perfectly that there are many other shifts in the market that can give us good results. punctual.

Ideally, in the long term, it is an aggregation system like AM CU does, but it belongs to the system.
You will soon get two more coin statistics providers in Awesome Miner as I'm having integration discussions with the developers of these services. Both of them will require an API key as it looks like right now. At least one of them should be part of a release next week.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 11:12:55 AM

Yup, just to make sure we're on the same page, the shutdown option wasn't just for a rules action, but also for a context option. Right click on miner > shutdown. There is already reboot, however remotely shutting down rigs is sometimes something you're looking to do.

If you're looking for priorities, the WoL feature is something I'm currently very interested in. I'll have to shoot you with a syntax for a c# script for rules action. I'm working with someone else on this, so I'll send you a PM whenever I get this figured out.

I understand the idea of centralizing everything. Honestly this is where a web based service would compete with the AM client. You should honestly just have AM in a web page, although I could definitely see that leading to problems with security and people trying to mess with network difficulty by somehow disabling all AM rigs. There would be a bit of work, but if the AM client was a little less hands on with controlling agents and having two computers sync with each other when something changes (or however many AM clients are running). Whichever AM client has more up to date settings, other AM clients update their settings with whatever was updated and don't change agents unless they're the ones that changed it in the first place.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but it seems more of a order of operations thing if you're just trying to band aid fix things to make them work. That and AM still needs a sync'd repository and a way to adjust what software is uploaded to remote AM clients, so we can clean up old miner software that has been uploaded.
Thanks for the comments.

Wake On LAN will be released today. You will find it as a rule action 'Send Wake on LAN', making it possible to add it as a part of a rule behavior or simply add it to the Actions menu to manually invoke for the selected miners.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 12:12:19 PM

A reminder PAtrike, I know you're very busy. I still can not change the OC in the RTX rig, I guess it will have to update aftherburner and remoteserver, but every time there are more people with RTX and we are forced to leave an intermediate OC that works in all the algos.
With RTX-2070 I can set Core and Memory clock via MSI Afterburner, using the latest nVidia drivers. The fan speed can however not be read by any application.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 12:48:33 PM

Awesome Miner version 6.0.3

Rules
  - New action to send Wake on LAN to start a remote computer
 User interface
  - Benchmark dialog improved to allow multiple entries to be selected and then using space key to check or uncheck all selected entries
 Mining software
  - Added mining software: lolMiner 0.6 alpha 4
  - Cast XMR Miner 1.6.6
  - SrbMiner 1.7.2
  - T-Rex miner 0.8.5
  - Z-enemy Miner 1.26
  - PhoenixMiner 4.0b
 Corrections
  - Nicehash Zhash pool must use personalization string: auto
  - Custom pool configuration for an individual Managed Profit Miner wasn't saved correctly

trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:17:51 PM

A reminder PAtrike, I know you're very busy. I still can not change the OC in the RTX rig, I guess it will have to update aftherburner and remoteserver, but every time there are more people with RTX and we are forced to leave an intermediate OC that works in all the algos.
With RTX-2070 I can set Core and Memory clock via MSI Afterburner, using the latest nVidia drivers. The fan speed can however not be read by any application.

aftherburner 4.5?Huh

the speed of the FAN does not matter to me, I always have them at 75% fixed, so it does not affect me

What version of Aftherburner? 4.5 4.6 or the new beta?
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:22:06 PM

Rules
 User interface
  - Benchmark dialog improved to allow multiple entries to be selected and then using space key to check or uncheck all selected entries
 Mining software
  - Cast XMR Miner 1.6.6
  - SrbMiner 1.7.2
  - T-Rex miner 0.8.5
  - Z-enemy Miner 1.26
  - PhoenixMiner 4.0b
 Corrections
  - Custom pool configuration for an individual Managed Profit Miner wasn't saved correctly

there are several people from my telegram group who are having problems with the update, it is like updating but it is still in 6.0.2.

You can post the direct links of the update and the awesome miner control for the rig. Thank you
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 02:41:22 PM

aftherburner 4.5?Huh

the speed of the FAN does not matter to me, I always have them at 75% fixed, so it does not affect me

What version of Aftherburner? 4.5 4.6 or the new beta?
MSI Afterburner 4.5. I've not tested with the 4.6 beta yet.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 02:42:45 PM

Rules
 User interface
 Mining software
  - Cast XMR Miner 1.6.6
  - SrbMiner 1.7.2
  - T-Rex miner 0.8.5
  - Z-enemy Miner 1.26
  - PhoenixMiner 4.0b
 Corrections

there are several people from my telegram group who are having problems with the update, it is like updating but it is still in 6.0.2.

You can post the direct links of the update and the awesome miner control for the rig. Thank you
I would suggest trying with a reboot as well. Sometimes there can be pending Windows Updates that make other software installations fail until you have rebooted.

Direct download links if needed:
https://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setup/AwesomeMiner.msi
https://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setup/AwesomeMinerRemoteService.msi

Alinaops

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:52:53 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2018, 03:13:13 PM by Alinaops

Hello, I would like to consult with you I have a farm with 6 cards of invidia and they are all different. gtx 1080 ti, 1080 ,1070, 1060 -3 pieces . I heard that would correctly determine the pool, and thus increase the hashrate, you need to split into groups of cards. Question I could not figure out how to do it . COULD you help me to indicate in the guide the procedure of programming maps and how many groups are better in my case? specify how this is done ? .. I will be very grateful to you. ! If you please.is it necessary ? or is it critical ?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 06:48:44 PM

Hello, I would like to consult with you I have a farm with 6 cards of invidia and they are all different. gtx 1080 ti, 1080 ,1070, 1060 -3 pieces . I heard that would correctly determine the pool, and thus increase the hashrate, you need to split into groups of cards. Question I could not figure out how to do it . COULD you help me to indicate in the guide the procedure of programming maps and how many groups are better in my case? specify how this is done ? .. I will be very grateful to you. ! If you please.is it necessary ? or is it critical ?
Hello and thanks for your question.

First of all you should benchmark each GPU type separately. See:
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000086016-benchmark-algorithm-hashrates

If you want to run them separately you need to create multiple Managed Profit Miners, where you in the properties of the miner uses the GPU selection feature to pick the specific GPU's you want. You can for example use the wizard to add a few Managed Profit Miners:
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000086086-profit-switching-for-gpu-and-cpu-mining#profitsingle
After the miner has been created, you can right click on it and select Properties to configure the GPU selection - for example that it only should use 1080ti.

GarySeven

Activity: 129
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 01:31:32 AM

I am running the professional version of AM on my small farm of Inosillicon A9 Zmasters and for some reason I can show Horizen with totals as the coin I am mining on the Main/Miners page but when I select Zcash(the coin I am actually mining), the logos show up but no prices or totals.
Are Zcash showing up with the correct information on the Coins tab? If you enter the same hashrate on the Coins tab as your miner can perform, will you get a revenue and profit displayed here on the Coins tab?

On the coins tab I have amounts for several coins but only zero's for Zcash.
Can you select the Zcash coin and then click the 'Coin Properties' toolbar button and make sure 'Change Properties' isn't checked. If checked, you would override all stats with what you enter in this dialog.

Thanks you sir, I will give this a try tomorrow.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 09:14:06 AM

I received reports from a few users that the latest update of Awesome Miner triggered a warning when using the Kaspersky Antivirus software. I contacted them and they were quick in replying that it was a false warning and the next update from them should no longer give warnings related to Awesome Miner.

I don't know if the warning was specific to the latest release - it might have been a recent change to Kaspersky where even an installation of a previous version of Awesome Miner would trigger the same warning.

Although Awesome Miner itself doesn't do any mining, the fact that it's related to mining can sometimes give these warnings.

Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: