Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:32:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700585 times)
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:58:00 PM

I'm going to make a suggestion @patrike.

I have been a web project manager for many years, which in the end is web programming, design, etc ... Many of our data were through bot Scrape.

Right now the owner of cointomine is already saying that he has serious CPU load problems. surely use a shared VPS and without caches of any kind (memcached, varnish, do TXT every X minutes etc ...)

Knowing that the currency data is a fundamental part of your program, because without coins we can not undermine. And seeing that CTM asks for a donation, I have been the maximum donor for now. You have not considered adding a young programmer and dedicating it exclusively to scraping data from different exchanges correctly and appropriately for AM and charging a small monthly amount for serving that data in a premium plan, every few minutes.

It can not be that a program as good as AM, right now has bad data of apis that give us the prices that are not and that the owner is already saying that we are saturating his mini VPS. I prefer that you extend your service, add another programmer and that this only be dedicated to scrape data of exchanges correctly, and everything would be perfectly integrated with your program. I would pay perfectly $ 10 a month for that type of service if they offer me quantity and quality of data.

Right now CTM is a tremendous mess, does not read well the apis, most profitable currencies is because it gives us the price of sale and not of purchase, is complaining about the load, which makes me think that shortly or close or charge per month, and to pay a third party who does it wrong, I prefer that you expand the service and quality, this would also give you the opportunity to bill more per month and grow your business.

When a business reaches a certain level, it can not depend on the work of third parties who do not care about the quality of their data.

Hopefully when the other aggregator arrives, it will be of more quality.

Seriously, think about it, because you are now in a good moment to be able to offer that data in two versions in the medium term yourself. Slow vrsion, every hour for everyone, and premium version of payment every 5 minutes for example, using caching techniques you would only consume bandwidth and there are very cheap CDN for that same as bunnyCDN, and serve the apis at a cost derisory.

Maybe you do not want to incorporate people to the project, but I think it's time and not depend on third parties. I would pay for the data every 5 minutes. Why let someone else take the money you can earn ?, and what is more important, give better service to your users. I do not need to be arguing with the "DEV" to call it in any way, CTM, where much of the data is wrong and where you are already complaining about the cpu load of your shared mini VPS
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I've never seen it as a good business case to develop yet another service for providing coin statistics. It would require a significant amount of time, it would take away the main focus of what Awesome Miner is doing and it's only a few power users that actually are willing to pay extra for a service like this.

Given the current market trend for mining operations, the demand for such a service would be even lower. You would need like 500-1000 customers paying extra for a service like this in addition to what they already pay for the software. Although I understand your point and do understand that it's great to have better coin statistics - it's not a good business case and especially not now.

Product development is not only about avoiding third party services, it's also about focusing on the main purpose and main features of your product and try to make them as good as possible.

My view is that the coin providers we have today should charge for premium services where they support customers with valid coin statistics, follow up on any issues and continuously improving their service offering. Preferably they would offer some basic API with limits (like one update per hour) for free, and then they would have premium subscriptions for the power users that they support by resolving any issues.

Of course I respect your opinion, but the more complete your service, the more you can charge. You can charge for the program, for the cloud services and for the data. Good was an idea.

I do not have problems paying as long as they give me quality. CTM right now is the worst currency supplier we have, and even though I paid for the premium APi, I am the biggest donor.

If you read in your discord of CTM I am "porlapatria", and for more errors that you cominico, he gives me an excuse. THE truth is that most of your coins are dead in exchanges cemeteries and also gives the wrong price. I hope the owner of CTM will correct everything. AYer was talking to me about their VPS and that I had 32 gigs, I'm supposed to be a fool and I do not know about web development, when I've been running a small page development group for almost two decades and I've had very high traffic pages. And I have another job, I am Luthier, as you will see I am very versatile.

I have no problem paying a small monthly amount in good apis. You have to tell the owners of those services, and that the quality of the data matters.

But think one thing, in the end you are getting us to depend on third parties. We do not have a decent way to put a coin like AM CU, and if any coin service closes (CC, CTM ...) we are left without that data, if you do, those data are insured.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trucobit

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:10:27 PM

A while later, without touching any option. Everything is fine again. That's why I say something happens, there is some lag somewhere. Maybe it's hard to read the api or something similar, I speak for speaking, I only know what happens to me and what I've left in the screenshots
I'm trying to reproduce it myself, but I've not yet been successful. Are these coins only using the global exchange filter, or is there a pattern like all of them uses coin-specific exchange filters as well?

Which of the views are correct - the first with many gray items or the second one with almost no gray items? If you have a number of filter settings including volume configured, I assume the first one with many gray items are what you expect - is that a correct assumption?

I do want to find out what the issue can be, so could you please send me your Awesome Miner log file (via PM or mail)? Thanks!

Edit: I've just implemented a small change that might resolve the issue, but as I cannot reproduce the issue myself I cannot verify. Please keep me updated if you still experience the issue in the next release.

Just a hypothesis, I'm guessing that sometimes when CTM does the data collection, the exchange returned invalid data and caused the price/volume of certain coins to be set to 0, I have seen that on a smaller scale for some coins that are only on small exchanges (such that current price/volume became 0, but the 1 hour data shows otherwise, checking on the said exchanges usually revealed that there were no trades nor changes in order book, so likely the exchange API returned invalid data and was cached at CTM for awhile b4 it gets updated)

CTM did a SQL maintenance / clean up today, and during that period of time, a lot of coin data probably gets borked. hopefully it's returned to normal or better now.

Hello Moppidoo happy holidays.

CTM has a very small VPS, no matter how much he said something in his discord, that's my specialty and I know what he said.

Apart from cleaning your Mysql and caching some parts and getting your Crons order, let's hope that now you dedicate to improving the quality of your data. Many of their currencies only have a price, the one of sale, not the one of purchase. I do not care if they try to sell 200, if they only pay 50, I'm interested in 50 what they are going to pay for.

In programming there are many ways to do the same. Bad programming can consume the entire VPS, and a well-planned schedule can make the VPS not suffer. It seems to me that the CTM DEV is not one of the good ones. Well, scraping the data can be the most complicated and heavy CPU. But serving API data is very light, basically it should not cost CPU. EL can make a premium data set for which we have the premium api, and you only have to do 1 every 5 minutes, cache it in a TXT and for 5 minutes serve the information of a file, without extra queries to the BAse de datos. I have had this problem on many websites and with bad programmers, and at the end giving the indications or changing the programmer we have fixed it. And even a very big web trucoteca.com we had 2 servers to be able to attend the 400,000 daily users, to have only 1 server something better, but much better optimization of caches and better optimization of the first layer, apache, "varnish" and friskings in TXT. The bad thing about a bad programmer is that he does not know it, until he sees how a good programmer does it.

And the subject of those Exchanges. Apart from criticizing them I have tried them. VAlultmex I have two operations days ago two coins and without selling, in finebox the same. They have false volume and purchase offers. The truth is that it only contributes a few usable coins.

On the alleged failure, I also thought that it was CTC caches, but hey, I communicated there and I reported it here
trucobit

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:13:39 PM

Today there is nothing free, just like AM is not free.

I am aware that a good coin aggregator should be paid, because monthly you have to pay server and work hours of programming. That's why I do not have to pay AM or another service. I just hope that CTM take it seriously, and put an api to $ 5 a month or something similar, 7-8 $ ..... as long as it guarantees good data, because in the end, the better your service the more recommended it will be by the same AM users.
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:35:17 PM

Hello Moppidoo happy holidays.

CTM has a very small VPS, no matter how much he said something in his discord, that's my specialty and I know what he said.

Apart from cleaning your Mysql and caching some parts and getting your Crons order, let's hope that now you dedicate to improving the quality of your data. Many of their currencies only have a price, the one of sale, not the one of purchase. I do not care if they try to sell 200, if they only pay 50, I'm interested in 50 what they are going to pay for.

In programming there are many ways to do the same. Bad programming can consume the entire VPS, and a well-planned schedule can make the VPS not suffer. It seems to me that the CTM DEV is not one of the good ones. Well, scraping the data can be the most complicated and heavy CPU. But serving API data is very light, basically it should not cost CPU. EL can make a premium data set for which we have the premium api, and you only have to do 1 every 5 minutes, cache it in a TXT and for 5 minutes serve the information of a file, without extra queries to the BAse de datos. I have had this problem on many websites and with bad programmers, and at the end giving the indications or changing the programmer we have fixed it. And even a very big web trucoteca.com we had 2 servers to be able to attend the 400,000 daily users, to have only 1 server something better, but much better optimization of caches and better optimization of the first layer, apache, "varnish" and friskings in TXT. The bad thing about a bad programmer is that he does not know it, until he sees how a good programmer does it.

And the subject of those Exchanges. Apart from criticizing them I have tried them. VAlultmex I have two operations days ago two coins and without selling, in finebox the same. They have false volume and purchase offers. The truth is that it only contributes a few usable coins.

On the alleged failure, I also thought that it was CTC caches, but hey, I communicated there and I reported it here

Happy holidays to you too mate!

I'm not in the content-serving field so I wouldn't be able to comment on the inner workings of web-site and services hehe. I do agree the data was far from perfect for efficient profit switching (especially the caching bit, 15min is not going to work well with fast difficulty adjustement + small volume (sh*tcoins), the other flaw is that the data are not gathered by running explorers but from pools, and it can cause fair bit of skew and sometimes, completely off the chart data such as network hashrate due to the hashrate from multipools who run multiple coins on shared stratum port ... etc) but credit where it's due for an almost one man job in his spare time only, it has some pretty complete data especially the exchanges and volumes which I plan to use in my project to enhance AM's profit switching ability. That'll have to wait till after the holidays though lol.
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:46:36 PM

Hi Patrike,

Nothing urgent but could you please elaborate if the current volume filtering was based
1) Volume of the exchange with the highest price only

or

2) Aggregated trading volume across all exchanges

If it is 1), do you think it'll be more sensible to use the sum of all exchanges' trading volume for a given coin instead? This would fit well with the future plan to provide price / volume weighting as mentioned earlier, and potentially opens up some global exchange filtering option such as for example, an option that could say,
Code:
only consider exchanges with [color=red]10[/color]% or more of the total trading volume in profit switcher
. where the % is configurable.

That will allow automatic filtering without having to go through each coin that one has on his managed profit miners.
cost82el

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:58:19 PM

Hi Patrike,
can you add new miner from nebutech? New BTM+ETH dual mining mode.
https://github.com/NebuTech/NBMiner/releases
darius510

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:13:26 AM

I've been having a very frustrating problem the last couple of weeks - every few hours a miner randomly "fails to start", and then I get the modal dialog asking me to run diagnostics. Every single time I run diagnostics absolutely nothing is wrong. So one by one my miners are stopping, and I have to check every few hours, clear 5-10 of these dialogs, start the miners back up, and they work every single time. So there has to be some bug in AM causing this, because there's certainly not a problem with the miners or the rigs if the miner starts right up every time.
JimBrown462

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 01:50:06 AM

I've been having a very frustrating problem the last couple of weeks - every few hours a miner randomly "fails to start", and then I get the modal dialog asking me to run diagnostics. Every single time I run diagnostics absolutely nothing is wrong. So one by one my miners are stopping, and I have to check every few hours, clear 5-10 of these dialogs, start the miners back up, and they work every single time. So there has to be some bug in AM causing this, because there's certainly not a problem with the miners or the rigs if the miner starts right up every time.

Not sure if this will help, but might be worth trying: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-program-has-stopped-working-error-dialog-in-windows-server-2008/

While it says it's for Server 2008, it does work on Windows 10 Pro.

...jim
darius510

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:02:50 AM

Nope, that's definitely not it. Something must have changed in awesome miner, because this only started happening recently.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:26:42 AM

Small request for the properties > general > add to worker name - Please add a checkbox here that will auto fill with the current miner name. So when you apply a template it will pull the miner name.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 10:27:34 AM

Hi Patrike,

Nothing urgent but could you please elaborate if the current volume filtering was based
1) Volume of the exchange with the highest price only

or

2) Aggregated trading volume across all exchanges

If it is 1), do you think it'll be more sensible to use the sum of all exchanges' trading volume for a given coin instead? This would fit well with the future plan to provide price / volume weighting as mentioned earlier, and potentially opens up some global exchange filtering option such as for example, an option that could say,
Code:
only consider exchanges with [color=red]10[/color]% or more of the total trading volume in profit switcher
. where the % is configurable.

That will allow automatic filtering without having to go through each coin that one has on his managed profit miners.
The volume filter will look at the volume for a specific exchange as long as you use CoinCalculators.io or CoinToMine.

Let's say you have a coin with two exchange:
- ExchangeA (Volume 0.15 BTC, Coin Price 0.4 BTC)
- ExchangeB (Volume 0.80 BTC, Coin Price 0.3 BTC)

1) With a volume filter of 0 BTC or 0.1 BTC, the result will be: ExchangeA with Coin Price 0.4 BTC

2) With a volume filter of 0.5 BTC, the result will be: ExchangeB with Coin Price 0.3 BTC. Although ExchangeA has a better price, it's ignored because of the volume being too low.

3) With a volume filter of 0.9 BTC  the result will be: ExchangeA with Coin Price 0.4 BTC and it will be marked as gray in the Coins tab because of too low volume.
The reason why Exchange A is being displayed in this scenario is that no exchange meet the minimum volume and then the exchange with the highest exchange rate will be used - but it will be gray and the revenue is only visible on the Coins tab.

For WhatToMine there is no detailed exchange information available via the API. Awesome Miner only has access to a single volume property per coin so Awesome Miner will basically filter based on this single value.

Your points about weighted avg. makes sense and to some extent the 10% trading volume concept as well. At the same time, 5% of Monero is a very large volume and even an exchange only have 1% of the volume would probably be quite easy to trade on. For a "shitcoin", 5% volume might be too little to be easy to trade. Wouldn't this point to that a fix volume of 0.8 or 0.1 BTC, no matter of the volume on other exchange, be a better indicator?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 10:31:24 AM

Hi Patrike,
can you add new miner from nebutech? New BTM+ETH dual mining mode.
https://github.com/NebuTech/NBMiner/releases
I will include this miner in the next release but I may not have the time to implement the dual mining concept right away.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 10:37:53 AM

Nope, that's definitely not it. Something must have changed in awesome miner, because this only started happening recently.
If you get the dialog that the miner failed to start, it's because the mining software has crashed a number of times over the last few minutes. After a number of attempts of restarting it, Awesome Miner will give up and show this error.

You can configure Awesome Miner to continue trying to restart the crashed mining software via the Options dialog, Mining Settings section, where you can set the restart attempts to 99. As the number of attempts are based on the last few minutes, a value of 99 will basically make Awesome Miner trying to restart the mining every time it's crashes and never give up.

There are no recent changes in Awesome Miner to this behavior.

There can be instances where mining software crashes a number of times for a while, but when starting it with the exact same settings a little later, it will no longer crash. Temperature is a common cause why the problem resolves itself, but I suppose there can be many other reasons why mining software don't give consistent behaviors with the crashes.

For the crashes you may have to do general troubleshooting to find out if it's a specific algorithm or mining software or mining rig or clocking settings that causes the problem.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 10:40:51 AM

that capture belongs to a rig 6 x 1080ti. The profit is very high. A few days ago I had normal and credible figures, 0.0012 - 0.0016, but since the update it has gone crazy and all my rigs give a too high profit, please correct in next update. Wishing to see some day graphics ..
Please share more details on this issue. If you use the Custom button and try out a few time intervals of only a few hours of that day, can you see if the profit is constantly being too high or is it that during a specific hour the numbers was way to high (due to what some pool or coin reported)?

If a pool or coin showed too high values for an hour, it will of course affect the daily average as well.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 11:14:10 AM

Small request for the properties > general > add to worker name - Please add a checkbox here that will auto fill with the current miner name. So when you apply a template it will pull the miner name.
There is actually a variable you can put into this Add to Worker Name field:
[MinerDescription]

It will be replace with what you have entered in the Description field of the miner. You can also add additional text before or after the variable name if needed.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:26:11 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2018, 12:51:22 PM by bensam1231

There is actually a variable you can put into this Add to Worker Name field:
[MinerDescription]

It will be replace with what you have entered in the Description field of the miner. You can also add additional text before or after the variable name if needed.

Good stuff.

Anyway, another thing, I've asked a few times for a way to manage the upload directories on AM agents, I think a better method for this would be a local repository on whatever computer is running AM. Then it automatically uploads the folders from the AM client to the AM agents whenever the agents request a directory that isn't currently present on the agent computer. This is basically a version of sync. Furthermore, when a miner isn't used for X amount of time (two months?) it automatically deletes it from the agent PC, but not from the client PC and then reuploads it if it's needed again. A lot of this stuff is configurable, but very easy to understand and would help immensely with agent management.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
darius510

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:52:58 PM

If you get the dialog that the miner failed to start, it's because the mining software has crashed a number of times over the last few minutes. After a number of attempts of restarting it, Awesome Miner will give up and show this error.

You can configure Awesome Miner to continue trying to restart the crashed mining software via the Options dialog, Mining Settings section, where you can set the restart attempts to 99. As the number of attempts are based on the last few minutes, a value of 99 will basically make Awesome Miner trying to restart the mining every time it's crashes and never give up.

There are no recent changes in Awesome Miner to this behavior.

There can be instances where mining software crashes a number of times for a while, but when starting it with the exact same settings a little later, it will no longer crash. Temperature is a common cause why the problem resolves itself, but I suppose there can be many other reasons why mining software don't give consistent behaviors with the crashes.

For the crashes you may have to do general troubleshooting to find out if it's a specific algorithm or mining software or mining rig or clocking settings that causes the problem.

I've set it to restart as many as 10 times, and while I'm using the program if the dialog pops up, I can click it *immediately* and it always still works. Furthermore, I tried to set a rule where it would wait 10 seconds before starting the miner again, but the modal dialogs seem to block that rule from executing (and who knows what else). For instance this morning I had 3 of those dialogs on top of each other, I clicked no to all of them, and then a few seconds later, the rule triggered and all three started up just fine. There at least has to be some way to turn this blocking dialog off if it's going to prevent me from setting rules to correct this inexplicable behavior.
trucobit

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:06:24 PM

I have something to say about something that they always ask me about the telegram group, and from so much explaining it, I myself have doubts. I hope to explain it well because then when translating everything is changed.

It is about the change of profit 0.9 or 90% etc ... And especially in the auto exchanges like Zpool.

I think, and I repeat, I think it's not quite right or at least it does not look good.

I have for example Zpool with Skun, and there I mark a profit calculated of 0.69% for that protocol, but the price that I get on the screen is the price of Zpool without applying the profit reduction, that is 69%. That is true?

If so, any currency that I change the profit, or in the auto exchanges that auto calculate the Profit, should reflect the price already modified by the corresponding profit.

for example if SKUN in Zpool says that I get 0.0020, that's what it says in Online Services, but I really should dial 0.0020 - Profit, in this case 0.67, would be equal to 0.00134 which is what I should show.

Because to show the prices without modifying the profit, the listings when ordering them for benefits, it does without calculating the profit change and this drives me crazy and they ask me hundreds of questions in the group related to that.

Sometimes there are users who are excited to see a high amount and leave only one Al-go because it marks a very high profit, but that amount has not been subtracted from the profit. Be a loose coin or the al-go of an auto exchange.

Then in the group they tell me, is that I mined X but I won -X, I mean less, because they only pay attention to the profit of the currency that has not applied the profit in real time, which is how it should be. or that or Zpool is cheating us. But also useful when I measure currency / pool and get 0.85, the price that should appear on the AM screen should be the (price - profit) already applied to give more truthful information and close to reality.

Sometimes I get the impression that the change of profit is not taken into account, but that is an observation of mine that can be wrong.

I really have serious doubts if that modification of profit is being applied both in the prices that we see and in auto profit. Because there are many who ask me and drive me crazy in the telegram group with this topic. I think I remember, that is taken into account but do not reflect it on the screen and I personally believe that the price should be reflected on the screen already modified by the profit, thus avoiding mistakes and giving the most accurate information.

I await your comments @Patrike
baf28

Activity: 117

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:54:32 PM

GMiner CUDA Equihash Miner v1.12
Windows x64 https://mega.nz/#F!2GQl0AaR!_YzlNiVNNOUbEqYwz40E8A
v1.12
+ performance improvements for Equihash 144,5/Equihash 192,7
+ improved anti-hacking system, which should make life difficult for competitors.
The miner checks the application's memory for injections, if an injection is detected, a corresponding message is displayed.
Some antiviruses are inject into the processes, if the miner has issued a message about injectionion into memory, add a miner to the antivirus exceptions, this should solve the problem.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5034735.0

PLS add
mmartoccia

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:21:50 PM

Has anyone tried to flash the firmware of the Antminer S9 with the new Braiin OS through the Update firmware function of Awesome Miner?
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: