Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700827 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 10:42:00 AM

Please can you check worker name, worker password, wallet address mapping for TT-Miner? It seems a little strange - for 2miners & mintpond I have to use the -worker argument to set worker. It defaults to wallet I think if not
Except for Ethereum and a few more, you should either use one of the Worker name or the Wallet address and almost always only the Worker name - even if what you enter looks like a wallet. This may also depend on what the specific pool expects.

The miner unique worker name (like .1, .2) can be added to the Properties of the miner, using "Add to worker name".

If you still run into this problem, please share the details of your Pool and Miner configuration. Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 10:45:05 AM

Any way to stop awesome miner from creating firewall rules for every mining software?
I don't want everyone on my LAN to have access to the mining software on my miners.

Local connections usually work even if you don't allow the program, is there any particular reason for awesome miner to create firewall rules?
There are currently no setting to prevent this behavior in Awesome Miner.

Awesome Miner is registering the mining software as an allowed application. Mining software must be able to make outgoing pool connections and also open an API port where Awesome Miner connects for monitoring information. If an application isn't registered to the Windows firewall it may be blocked and Windows almost always shows a dialog where the user must accept the application.

If you try to start almost any mining software outside of Awesome Miner (a software that Awesome Miner didn't register already) you will see that Windows Defender Firewall will show a warning dialog - unless Defender is completely disabled.

In Windows Defender Firewall you also have a setting called "Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed apps". That might be the one you are looking for in your specific scenario.

As for the inbound rules, I understand is good to have them to prevent the popups but there is no need to have them as "allow the connection" rules, because the monitoring connections are local we could have them as "block the connection" rules and the monitoring would still work correctly(as far as I have tested over the years) without allowing other LAN devices access to the mining software.

The "Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed apps" might seem enough for most use cases but I have mining computers that serve other content so I need access to some of their ports.

Please consider adding an option so we can decide whether to create the rules as allow or block rules, thank you.
Can this be solved by using the setting to block all incoming connections, but then explicitly configure Windows Defender to open up a few ports that you need?

Even if you only monitor mining software locally, Windows will still complain and show the Blocked dialog when you launch the mining software unless it's an allowed application. This is the reason why Awesome Miner adds the mining software as allowed as it's very difficult to run mining operations without it.
Block all incoming connections takes precedence over any other rule.

I manually changed the allow rules created by awesome miner for the mining software to block rules. Have been mining since I originally asked about this without any issue or popup (picture of my rules linked). The problem is that when new software is added/updated new rules will be created by awesome miner as allowed rules.
https://imgur.com/a/w7YBXdZ

If you make this an option you could just leave the default as it is now(allowed rules), just in case "blocked" rules might break anything for someone.
Thanks for the update.

I've made a quick implementation to support this case. I've introduced a new setting that you can set directly in the Awesome Miner configuration file as I don't want to expose this in the user interface.

1) Once the next version of Awesome Miner is available, install it, run it once and then exit the application.
2) Open the configuration file (%appdata%\AwesomeMiner\ConfigData.xml) and search for "ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps".
3) Change the property from true to false and save the file.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
JimBrown462

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:05:27 PM

How long does it take for the "Online Services" tab, "Actual Payout" to start showing something other than 100% (for pools other than Nicehash)?

Since ZergPools return, it has stayed at 100%. Other pools are showing various percentages.

Thanks,
...jim

Thanks for letting me know. It should be working now.

That it is.

Thanks,
...jim
nordmann666

Activity: 361
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:16:08 PM

is there a easy config that:
if the miner goes offline (caused by bluescreen or similar) - start with latest "state" - so if the miner was mining at pool x and the service goes offline and come back, awesomeminer should check if everything runs and if not, it should start the last pool that was used.

today i can only use "actions" with (for example) start miner - but nothing more...which miner? which pool?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 04:05:40 PM

if the miner goes offline (caused by bluescreen or similar) - start with latest "state" - so if the miner was mining at pool x and the service goes offline and come back, awesomeminer should check if everything runs and if not, it should start the last pool that was used.

today i can only use "actions" with (for example) start miner - but nothing more...which miner? which pool?
By default the miner will use the settings that you see in the Properties dialog (of the miner) when it's starting again after a reboot/crash. Please also make sure you have the "auto start" checkbox enabled in the Properties of the miner, then the Remote Agent will make sure the mining starts up automatically again.

If it's a Managed Miner, the software will be the same as before as this is configured in the Properties dialog.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 04:10:29 PM

Awesome Miner version 6.1.5

User interface
  - Show coin algorithm on the Coins tab even if no detailed coin statistics are available
  - Clarify that additional operating costs are specified per day
 Mining software
  - BMiner 13.1
  - Gminer 1.21
  - TT-Miner 2.1.6
 Corrections
  - BMiner will not be launched with any default pool passwords and the worker name in the URL will be URL encoded
  - Correction to pool display name sent to Cloud Services when pool isn't defined in Awesome Miner
  - Better handle the scenario where a coin statistics provider doesn't return any coins to Awesome Miner

baf28

Activity: 117

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:31:27 PM

Previously, on the coins tab, you could select a coin, double-click on it and in the window indicate the profit factor 1-100. Now the setting is left, but there is no window indicating the numerical value. What does it mean?

https://yadi.sk/i/rf6Ap_GCZSxqPA
nordmann666

Activity: 361

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:35:19 PM

By default the miner will use the settings that you see in the Properties dialog (of the miner) when it's starting again after a reboot/crash. Please also make sure you have the "auto start" checkbox enabled in the Properties of the miner, then the Remote Agent will make sure the mining starts up automatically again.

If it's a Managed Miner, the software will be the same as before as this is configured in the Properties dialog.

autostart...thats it..thx
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 04:43:05 PM

Here are the links to all the profit switching pools included by default with Awesome Miner. There are only 3 super easy steps required to get started with mining on them.

AHashPool
Blazepool
BlockMasters
Hash Refinery
Mining Dutch
Mining Pool Hub
NiceHash
NLPool
Zergpool
Zpool

For users that don't have Awesome Miner installed already, for most pools it will only take a minute from when you decide to install Awesome Miner until you are up and running with the mining. If you don't have any Managed Profit Miner already, Awesome Miner will create it for you as well.

If you already have Awesome Miner installed, it shouldn't take more than 15 seconds to enable a pool for the profit switcher using these links.

For all the professional users that have been running Awesome Miner for a while, you already know how to setup all this in the Options dialog, Profit switching section, so this feature isn't really for you. It's however good to be aware of these links if you are helping someone else to get started with mining.

Thanks to Zpool and Zergpool that already put these on their web sites. Let's hope that more pool operations will see the benefit of this concept where new users can get started with mining really fast without having to read page after page with complicated instructions and having to do many manual steps.

Any feedback is of course welcome!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 04:52:10 PM

Previously, on the coins tab, you could select a coin, double-click on it and in the window indicate the profit factor 1-100. Now the setting is left, but there is no window indicating the numerical value. What does it mean?

Thanks for pointing out that UI bug.

A temporary workaround to change the factor:
1) Click on the radio button "Specify profit factor"
2) Press Tab key once
3) You can now enter a value, although you don't see it

This will of course be corrected soon.

RsvTu

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:07:25 PM

BEAM profit calculator not working for me, showing only 0, anyone have same problem?
B8S4

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:24:56 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2019, 09:37:17 PM by B8S4

Please can you check worker name, worker password, wallet address mapping for TT-Miner? It seems a little strange - for 2miners & mintpond I have to use the -worker argument to set worker. It defaults to wallet I think if not
Except for Ethereum and a few more, you should either use one of the Worker name or the Wallet address and almost always only the Worker name - even if what you enter looks like a wallet. This may also depend on what the specific pool expects.

The miner unique worker name (like .1, .2) can be added to the Properties of the miner, using "Add to worker name".

If you still run into this problem, please share the details of your Pool and Miner configuration. Thanks!

Of course, you are correct thank you for the information!

edit: however that (adding worker name in miner props) does now make Zergpool 'online service' stop working as they do not support addition to wallet (I thought I might be able to over-ride in 'over-ride pool settings' in miner but it still adds worker). I must add via the worker name field directly (i.e. walletaddress.worker in Worker name field for 2miners/mintpond).

edit again: further it seems when using the Zergpool 'online service' the command line with TTminer is
TT-Miner.exe  -A MTP-100 -P stratum+tcp://<wallet-address>:c=BTC@mtp.mine.zergpool.com:3000 --api-bind 127.0.0.1:4028
but
the pool is receiving the '.' when no workername is specified (not supported in this way @ zergpool I don't think)..
I think the pool owner is making a workaround

edit again again:
ok TTminer dev confirmed is miner issue, identified to be fixed !
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:34:48 PM

Sorry to be insistent Patrike, but there are people asking for it

Please apply the profit indicated when defining the currency pool in the results of the COIN tab

If there were several pools for the same currency, choose the lowest profit. But 99% of the time we only have 1 pool for each currency, and within that, we add the profit.

You have it in mind in miners, in auto swtich, but it is not shown in coins. And to top it off you have removed the option of profit in coins, which although it was double work I could add it.

Also by way of suggestion. In the coins tab, in each coin you could put mini icons, with the Bitcointalk, the Discord etc ... That information you already have in the apis of the aggregators you use. It would be great to have it on hand and from Coins go to those places of each currency
TrailingStop

Activity: 566

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:30:00 PM

edit: however that (adding worker name in miner props) does now make Zergpool 'online service' stop working as they do not support addition to wallet (I thought I might be able to over-ride in 'over-ride pool settings' in miner but it still adds worker). I must add via the worker name field directly (i.e. walletaddress.worker in Worker name field for 2miners/mintpond).

edit again: further it seems when using the Zergpool 'online service' the command line with TTminer is
TT-Miner.exe  -A MTP-100 -P stratum+tcp://<wallet-address>:c=BTC@mtp.mine.zergpool.com:3000 --api-bind 127.0.0.1:4028
but
the pool is receiving the '.' when no workername is specified (not supported in this way @ zergpool I don't think)..

edit again again:

Hi Patrik,

that is a bug in TT-Miner. I already fixed that and will release a new version in an hour or two that solves this problem with zergpool

Thanks!
Birb
Copper Member

Activity: 39
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 11:52:54 PM

Beautiful GUI I just wish it was available for Mac OS.

BIRB.COM
boki019

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:40:02 AM

Any chance for Grin Gold Miner for AMD ?  Huh Grin

Thanks
danielocdh

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:05:24 AM

Any way to stop awesome miner from creating firewall rules for every mining software?
I don't want everyone on my LAN to have access to the mining software on my miners.

Local connections usually work even if you don't allow the program, is there any particular reason for awesome miner to create firewall rules?
There are currently no setting to prevent this behavior in Awesome Miner.

Awesome Miner is registering the mining software as an allowed application. Mining software must be able to make outgoing pool connections and also open an API port where Awesome Miner connects for monitoring information. If an application isn't registered to the Windows firewall it may be blocked and Windows almost always shows a dialog where the user must accept the application.

If you try to start almost any mining software outside of Awesome Miner (a software that Awesome Miner didn't register already) you will see that Windows Defender Firewall will show a warning dialog - unless Defender is completely disabled.

In Windows Defender Firewall you also have a setting called "Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed apps". That might be the one you are looking for in your specific scenario.

As for the inbound rules, I understand is good to have them to prevent the popups but there is no need to have them as "allow the connection" rules, because the monitoring connections are local we could have them as "block the connection" rules and the monitoring would still work correctly(as far as I have tested over the years) without allowing other LAN devices access to the mining software.

The "Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed apps" might seem enough for most use cases but I have mining computers that serve other content so I need access to some of their ports.

Please consider adding an option so we can decide whether to create the rules as allow or block rules, thank you.
Can this be solved by using the setting to block all incoming connections, but then explicitly configure Windows Defender to open up a few ports that you need?

Even if you only monitor mining software locally, Windows will still complain and show the Blocked dialog when you launch the mining software unless it's an allowed application. This is the reason why Awesome Miner adds the mining software as allowed as it's very difficult to run mining operations without it.
Block all incoming connections takes precedence over any other rule.

I manually changed the allow rules created by awesome miner for the mining software to block rules. Have been mining since I originally asked about this without any issue or popup (picture of my rules linked). The problem is that when new software is added/updated new rules will be created by awesome miner as allowed rules.
https://imgur.com/a/w7YBXdZ

If you make this an option you could just leave the default as it is now(allowed rules), just in case "blocked" rules might break anything for someone.
Thanks for the update.

I've made a quick implementation to support this case. I've introduced a new setting that you can set directly in the Awesome Miner configuration file as I don't want to expose this in the user interface.

1) Once the next version of Awesome Miner is available, install it, run it once and then exit the application.
2) Open the configuration file (%appdata%\AwesomeMiner\ConfigData.xml) and search for "ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps".
3) Change the property from true to false and save the file.
Thanks, I tried but it showed a popup the first time a mining software ran.
While testing further I found out 2 possible reasons why:
1 When creating a block rule the rule is created with Profile Private(current profile), while when creating an allow rule the rule is created with Profile All.
2 When creating a block rule the rule is added to the registry a couple of seconds after the miner software is launched, while when creating an allow rule the rule is added to the registry a few milliseconds before the miner software is launched.
I didn't test extensively but I'm guessing #1 has something to do with defaults, for #2 my guess is some firewall api limitation or maybe it is not the cause of the issue.
Hopefully you can take another look at it, otherwise I'll just create a script that runs now and then and modifies the rules as needed.
Even that my lan is relatively secure and have trustworthy people connecting to it, I don't want to leave my mining software open.

Thanks again.
Dalba

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:13:12 AM

Hello Patrike,
I have a problem with minex coin in coin tab as you can see in picture below :

https://i.imgur.com/MzBPzXU.jpg

All datas are correct (hashrate, power...) But revenue and profit are false. Using the same datas on coincalculator directly give me the right numbers.
Do you have an idea how to solve this case ?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 12:20:27 PM

BEAM profit calculator not working for me, showing only 0, anyone have same problem?
Beam is currently not listed by any of the coin statistics providers, so it will unfortunately show up with 0 right now. Once it's listed on any of the coin statistics providers, it will automatically show up correctly in Awesome Miner as well

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 12:21:14 PM

but

edit again again:

Hi Patrik,

that is a bug in TT-Miner. I already fixed that and will release a new version in an hour or two that solves this problem with zergpool

Thanks!
Thanks for your quick response to this. The next release of Awesome Miner will of course include the latest TT-miner version as well.

Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: