Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:05:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700849 times)
danielocdh

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:56:31 AM

Block all incoming connections takes precedence over any other rule.

I manually changed the allow rules created by awesome miner for the mining software to block rules. Have been mining since I originally asked about this without any issue or popup (picture of my rules linked). The problem is that when new software is added/updated new rules will be created by awesome miner as allowed rules.
https://imgur.com/a/w7YBXdZ

If you make this an option you could just leave the default as it is now(allowed rules), just in case "blocked" rules might break anything for someone.
Thanks for the update.

I've made a quick implementation to support this case. I've introduced a new setting that you can set directly in the Awesome Miner configuration file as I don't want to expose this in the user interface.

1) Once the next version of Awesome Miner is available, install it, run it once and then exit the application.
2) Open the configuration file (%appdata%\AwesomeMiner\ConfigData.xml) and search for "ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps".
3) Change the property from true to false and save the file.
Thanks, I tried but it showed a popup the first time a mining software ran.
While testing further I found out 2 possible reasons why:
1 When creating a block rule the rule is created with Profile Private(current profile), while when creating an allow rule the rule is created with Profile All.
2 When creating a block rule the rule is added to the registry a couple of seconds after the miner software is launched, while when creating an allow rule the rule is added to the registry a few milliseconds before the miner software is launched.
I didn't test extensively but I'm guessing #1 has something to do with defaults, for #2 my guess is some firewall api limitation or maybe it is not the cause of the issue.
Hopefully you can take another look at it, otherwise I'll just create a script that runs now and then and modifies the rules as needed.
Even that my lan is relatively secure and have trustworthy people connecting to it, I don't want to leave my mining software open.

Thanks again.
The default behavior of Awesome Miner is to add this Allowed Apps rule. In that case things should just work and you shouldn't see any dialogs from Windows Defender. Is that correct according to your observations as well? I don't have any plans to change how these rules are set at the moment, as what Awesome Miner do works very well in a very large number of mining environments out there.

If you use the new property set to false, Awesome Miner will not do anything with the firewall configuration. I assume it's in only in this case you are getting the warnings from Defender? With the automatic configuration disabled in Awesome Miner, you are basically on your own here and you can manually configure (or not configure) the rules as you want.
I'm feeling that I'm failing to communicate what I want to say a lot, sorry about that and thank you for your patience. Maybe you make me nervous Wink

I meant that when configuring ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps as true the rules (allow rules) are being created with Profile=All, but when configuring ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps as false the rules(block rules) are being created with Profile=Private, I believe the difference in profile causes the popups to come up when ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps is set to false.
Thanks for the update. Your observations when running with ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps set to false are probably what to expect, as it's totally up to Windows to decide when to block, when to show the dialog and what rule to add in that case. Awesome Miner will do nothing, which is the purpose of setting the property to false.

Although I understand your observations here, I don't fully understand what you want Awesome Miner to do here. It can already do:
1) Add allowed apps automatically. This is the default, has been around for years and works fine for the purpose of mining.
2) The new mode when ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps set to false will result in Awesome Miner doing nothing. You are on your own to do what you want here. Any dialogs, blocking and so on you see is related to configuration of Windows and not Awesome Miner.

There are no feature in Awesome Miner to configure the allowed apps in any new way - either it's configured in a way that work (#1) or it's not touching anything (#2). Sorry if I missed your point here.

ConfigureWindowsDefenderExclusions defines whether firewall rules are created by awesome miner or not.
ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps(the one you added recently) defines whether the rules are created by awesome miner as allow rules(true) or block rules(false).
When ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps is set to true(default) the created rules are being created by awesome miner with Profile=All, when it is set to false the rules are being created by awesome miner with Profile=Private. I'd like the rules to be created with Profile=All regardless of ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps being true or false. I believe having Profile=All on the block rules(when ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps is set to false) might prevent popups to come up.
ConfigureWindowsDefenderExclusions is only for addings paths as exclusions to the anti-virus scan and that feature is always on by default. Otherwise Windows Defender will start removing all mining software it considers a thread.

"When ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps is set to true(default) the created rules are being created by awesome miner with Profile=All"
Correct assumption. In this case Awesome Miner makes a configuration that is proven to work well with mining

"when it is set to false the rules are being created by awesome miner with Profile=Private."
Not correct assumption. Awesome Miner do nothing to the Allowed Apps here. It will not touch the rules at all when this property is set to False. The behavior you experience is what Windows is doing when Awesome Miner no longer takes responsibility for configuring Defender for you. Any rules added at this point is what Windows is doing. This was the point I was trying to make above that when you tell Awesome Miner to not setup the Allowed Apps for you, you will be on your own and you will most likely run into issues with Defender unless you manually find a way to setup everything.

I'm have to admit that I'm not really an expert on all these Defender settings and the exact behaviors of when Windows is adding these rules automatically. If I knew more of the details, I would of course want to help out more with suggestions how to make these configurations. This is the reason why my answers above is based on everything from an Awesome Miner and mining point of view.
You are right, having ConfigureWindowsDefenderExclusions=true and ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps=false made windows auto create the block rules with Profile=Private. I misunderstood what ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps=false would do.

Manually changing the allow rules created by awesome miner to block rules worked fine for me (as shown on the picture), so I will just let awesome miner create the default rules and run an extra script every minute or so to change them from allow to block rules.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 12:49:23 PM

Awesome Miner version 6.1.8

User interface
  - View Details dialog, Profit switching page, includes information about defined power usage for each pool considered by the profit switcher
 Mining software
  - Added mining software: Grin Pro Miner for Grin mining on both nVidia and AMD. Requires Microsoft ASP.NET Core 2.2.1 Runtime to be installed.
  - SrbMiner 1.7.7
  - CastXMR 1.7.1
  - JCE CPU miner 0.33p
  - JCE GPU miner 0.33b17
 Corrections
  - UI adjustment to Profit Profile, Override section

Please note that if you are planning to use Grin Pro Miner, you need to install ASP.NET Core 2.2.1 first:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/thank-you/dotnet-runtime-2.2.1-windows-x64-asp.net-core-runtime-installer

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
slysir

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:36:11 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2019, 02:00:26 PM by slysir

In main "Miners" tab using the coin menu "Define Pool Coin" to select a coin, the coin logo images selected do not persist.  As soon as there is a profit switch on any other coin, the previously selected coin reverts to Unspec. "?" coin image.

This happens even with single coin algos. The profit info persists but not the coin image. v6.1.8

Siolim

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 02:54:01 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2019, 05:00:29 PM by Siolim

Hi, Patricke. Great work. Please add an algo æternity(Cuckoo Cycle)  for the coin AE.

Best wishes.
TheDOdblG

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:21:26 PM

Hi, anyone know how to get awesomeminer to pass the correct configuration info to Grinpro miner?  Can do it manually using Grinpro of course, but when I have awesominer do it, it doesn't initialize the GPUs
dasch

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:23:58 PM

Hi Patrike !

When I'm minning Beam with Gminer 1.23 AM sends this command :

Code:
miner.exe  -a 150_5 -s beam.eu.nicehash.com -n 3370 -u 3LgnBTzLFZiKyDpAc9n7V42zphkz3cjx21 -p x --pers auto -w 0 --api 4028

And the --pers auto doesn't work with sparkpool, if I remove this it works well with a bat file, but I can't manage to remove --pers auto in AM.

Thx
TheDOdblG

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:29:51 PM

Hi, anyone know how to get awesomeminer to pass the correct configuration info to Grinpro miner?  Can do it manually using Grinpro of course, but when I have awesominer do it, it doesn't initialize the GPUs

Figured out a little workaround to get it working, in the GrinPro folder:  
    1.  Deleted the config.xml file
    2.  Ran GrinProMiner.exe
    3.  Closed it after it successfully created a new config.xml
    4.  Right clicked on the new config file and changed it to "Read Only"
    5.  Started to GRIN as I checked out my mining stats on AwesomeMiner

*Using 6 Sapphire RX580 8G, getting just under 12 gps
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 04:08:36 PM

Will the API for Bminer be supported at some point?
TheDOdblG

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 05:16:44 PM

Hi Patrike, any chance of adding support for AMD cards for BEAM, specifically OpenCL miner:  https://www.beam.mw/downloads

Keep up the great work!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 06:48:30 PM

In main "Miners" tab using the coin menu "Define Pool Coin" to select a coin, the coin logo images selected do not persist.  As soon as there is a profit switch on any other coin, the previously selected coin reverts to Unspec. "?" coin image.

This happens even with single coin algos. The profit info persists but not the coin image. v6.1.8
The "Define Pool Coin" is mapping a pool URL to a specific coin.

When you use the profit switcher in this case, is it a single coin pool you are mining on? The pools on Nicehash, zpool and so on should have the default "Unspecified X" coin as the coin isn't known.

Is your scenario like this, where both pool#1 and pool#2 are single coin pools?
1) You mine on pool#1 and the coin is Undefined. You define the coin to be A
2) The profit switcher moves on to pool#2 where the coin is Undefined as well. You define the coin to be B
3) The profit switches moves back to pool#1 - but the coin isn't remembered as A as it should be?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 06:50:54 PM

Hi, Patricke. Great work. Please add an algo æternity(Cuckoo Cycle)  for the coin AE.

Best wishes.
Thanks for your nice feedback!

I will add AE to the next release so it shows up in the list of coins with an icon and algorithm. There are however no coin statistics provider that includes any statistics for this coin so you will not yet be able to see any mining income. Once it's supported by any of the coin statistics providers it will show up with the correct stats in Awesome Miner as well.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 06:53:12 PM

Hi, anyone know how to get awesomeminer to pass the correct configuration info to Grinpro miner?  Can do it manually using Grinpro of course, but when I have awesominer do it, it doesn't initialize the GPUs

Figured out a little workaround to get it working, in the GrinPro folder:  
    1.  Deleted the config.xml file
    2.  Ran GrinProMiner.exe
    3.  Closed it after it successfully created a new config.xml
    4.  Right clicked on the new config file and changed it to "Read Only"
    5.  Started to GRIN as I checked out my mining stats on AwesomeMiner

*Using 6 Sapphire RX580 8G, getting just under 12 gps
Great that you found a workaround for this issue.

Grin Pro is a bit unique as it requires the configuration file to be populated with a list of GPU's. Awesome Miner was supposed to do that but I noticed that when you tell Awesome Miner to use all GPU's (the default selection), it didn't do this correctly.

If you instead use the GPU selection feature in Awesome Miner and check each GPU individually, Awesome Miner will produce a working configuration file for Grin Pro miner.

I will of course improve this behavior in the next release to make sure it runs better when configured to use all GPU's.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 07:10:46 PM

Hi Patrike !

Code:
miner.exe  -a 150_5 -s beam.eu.nicehash.com -n 3370 -u 3LgnBTzLFZiKyDpAc9n7V42zphkz3cjx21 -p x --pers auto -w 0 --api 4028

And the --pers auto doesn't work with sparkpool, if I remove this it works well with a bat file, but I can't manage to remove --pers auto in AM.

Thx
Awesome Miner is currently adding "auto" if you didn't specify any personalization string in the Properties of the Pool you have defined in Awesome Miner.

The example above was for Nicehash. Can you share the exact command line you use for Sparkpool? For sparkpool I do now that you need to add "--ssl 1" for Gminer to connect correctly.

How do you see that "--pers auto" creates a problem - do you get any error message in Gminer while connecting to Sparkpool? When I add "--pers auto" it still connects fine.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 07:14:05 PM

Will the API for Bminer be supported at some point?
Bminer has been supported for a long time, both as Managed Miner and External Miner. Is there a specific API feature you are missing?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 07:16:41 PM

Hi Patrike, any chance of adding support for AMD cards for BEAM, specifically OpenCL miner:  https://www.beam.mw/downloads

Keep up the great work!
Thanks for your suggestion and nice comments.

I've not checked out that one before. Does anyone know how this one compares to lolMiner, where the latest alpha versions supports Beam on AMD OpenCL?

Awesome Miner isn't using this alpha version of lolMiner by default because it only supports this algorithm at the moment.

trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 09:23:49 PM

PAtrick I know you can add auto exchange groups as long as they are Yiimp
But as we added Nicehash BEAM in 150.5 that is not how I can add it.
dasch

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:12:08 PM

Hi Patrike !

Code:

Thx
Awesome Miner is currently adding "auto" if you didn't specify any personalization string in the Properties of the Pool you have defined in Awesome Miner.

The example above was for Nicehash. Can you share the exact command line you use for Sparkpool? For sparkpool I do now that you need to add "--ssl 1" for Gminer to connect correctly.

How do you see that "--pers auto" creates a problem - do you get any error message in Gminer while connecting to Sparkpool? When I add "--pers auto" it still connects fine.

Sorry I messed up my configuration files and my mind ^^
With --ssl 1 it works well. It wasn't related with personalization string.
Thx for support !
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 10:16:51 PM

hi - how hide agent icon on trayit windows?
Please see the section "Remote Service Configuration":
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000085713-remote-agent-control-mining-on-a-remote-computer
There is a checkbox to hide this icon.

thanks . a question how to make schedule for themplate in profit mode for time and cpu core ?
You can use the Rules to define schedules by making use of Triggers. There are also a number of examples in the guide below:
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000085907-rules-detect-mining-issues-and-automate-tasks

Are you using Managed Profit Miners? What is the exact action you want to happen on a given time?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 10:21:32 PM

PAtrick I know you can add auto exchange groups as long as they are Yiimp
But as we added Nicehash BEAM in 150.5 that is not how I can add it.
You can add Nicehash Beam via the Options Dialog, Online Services, by clicking Add in the User defined section.
See this illustration for details:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/awesomeminer-files/nicehash_beam.png

I'm also planning to include Nicehash Beam in a new release tomorrow.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 10:22:36 PM

Hi Patrike !

Code:

Thx

Sorry I messed up my configuration files and my mind ^^
With --ssl 1 it works well. It wasn't related with personalization string.
Thx for support !
Thanks for the update and great that you are up and running with the beam mining.

Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: