Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:45:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700828 times)
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:23:06 PM

One other thing - I see a lot of other posts about coin values - I don't know if its been brought up but with coincalculators, recently its exchange prices aren't being updated that often - or at least for lower volume coins - but its "average last price" is.  This can cause the current profit estimates to be way off. It would be great if there would be a way to use that value instead of the exchange ones for more accurate mining.

Hal
Awesome Miner uses "Average Last Price" by default for CoinCalculators. When "Exchange Filter mode" is set to Disabled in the Options dialog, Statistics Provider section, this average price is used.

If you instead enable the exchange filter, the exchange rate for a specific exchange will be displayed. To avoid low volume exchanges to be considered, you can configure a minimum exchange volume.

Of course I understand, many suggestions and little time to do everything. I just suggest, I really appreciate your work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trucobit

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:27:12 PM

One other thing - I see a lot of other posts about coin values - I don't know if its been brought up but with coincalculators, recently its exchange prices aren't being updated that often - or at least for lower volume coins - but its "average last price" is.  This can cause the current profit estimates to be way off. It would be great if there would be a way to use that value instead of the exchange ones for more accurate mining.

Hal
Awesome Miner uses "Average Last Price" by default for CoinCalculators. When "Exchange Filter mode" is set to Disabled in the Options dialog, Statistics Provider section, this average price is used.

If you instead enable the exchange filter, the exchange rate for a specific exchange will be displayed. To avoid low volume exchanges to be considered, you can configure a minimum exchange volume.

PAtrike I have been talking to KARL from CTM in his discord, I am very active speaking with the developers.

I have convinced you that shortly in your API, include the purchase and sale price, as CC. I hope you can integrate it in AM. Many times CTM gives the value of the last sale, something that is not desirable, and as this has already been done for CC, it will be easy to implement it in CTM. Please talk to CTM's KArl for these new data in the CTM api. IF it's not done yet, you have a few days left.

Really CC updates prices very little, even with large volume coins, does not do the price work well. CC is good in the data of the currencies, but not in the prices. And yet CTM is very good at giving updated prices, but now when we can choose the purchase price as I like it.

It gives the impression that CC is more and more abanadonado. I suggest everyone to put cointomine as the first provider. I can not be seeing the same price of a coin, in the case of GRIN, kept the same price for 4 days in CC, something unaffordable.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 05:20:48 PM

Hal

PAtrike I have been talking to KARL from CTM in his discord, I am very active speaking with the developers.

I have convinced you that shortly in your API, include the purchase and sale price, as CC. I hope you can integrate it in AM. Many times CTM gives the value of the last sale, something that is not desirable, and as this has already been done for CC, it will be easy to implement it in CTM. Please talk to CTM's KArl for these new data in the CTM api. IF it's not done yet, you have a few days left.

Really CC updates prices very little, even with large volume coins, does not do the price work well. CC is good in the data of the currencies, but not in the prices. And yet CTM is very good at giving updated prices, but now when we can choose the purchase price as I like it.

It gives the impression that CC is more and more abanadonado. I suggest everyone to put cointomine as the first provider. I can not be seeing the same price of a coin, in the case of GRIN, kept the same price for 4 days in CC, something unaffordable.
Thanks for pushing for the highest bid / lowest ask feature. It's quite easy for me to add a property for this in Awesome Miner once available via the CTM API.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 05:36:48 PM

Awesome Miner version 6.2.2

GPU mining
  - Benchmark feature will save the hashrates of all benchmarked mining software, not only for the best performing software
  - Improved support for reading the current fan speed on nVidia RTX 2000 GPUs
  - The default Profit Profile settings for nVidia and AMD will use the new Gminer setting to only enable either nVidia or AMD mining
  - Added Cryptonight GPU and Cuckaroo29s algorithms
 Mining software
  - Gminer 1.34
  - NBMiner 20.0
  - WildRig Multi Miner 0.15.3.8
  - TT-Miner 2.1.12, including Nicehash MTP support
  - SrbMiner 1.7.9
  - Bminer 15.0.2
 Corrections
  - Ensure unique API identifiers for miners
  - Minor correction to the communication interface for Remote Agent on Linux

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
JimBrown462

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 08:20:00 PM

Awesome Miner version 6.2.2

GPU mining
  - Benchmark feature will save the hashrates of all benchmarked mining software, not only for the best performing software

Thank you! Much appreciated.

...jim
danielocdh

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:14:43 PM

My managed profit miners are going "offline" now and then, this seem to happen when pools fail (seen it on nicehash and zpool so far, with bminer, gminer and z-enemy). Even that the miner is flagged as offline, it is still connected to awesome miner manager and I can just start it again. Is there a way to force the miner to not stop/go to the next pool/algo, or any ideas on how should I troubleshoot this?

On options->Profit switching I have this:
Ignore pools with no accepted shares in minutes: checked 6
Ignore minutes: 50
Ignore pools after too many failed miner restart attemps: checked

Thanks
trucobit

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:30:57 AM

Hal

Thanks for pushing for the highest bid / lowest ask feature. It's quite easy for me to add a property for this in Awesome Miner once available via the CTM API.
https://cointomine.today/calculator/coin/FNO/

On its website it already shows the purchase and sale price, and also in several times, current, 1 hour, 3 hours etc ... I do not know if it will still be in the api, so I indicated that contact KArl or see your api directly.

It would be nice to be able to choose the current or 3 hours and sale or purchase price as we do in CC.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 08:39:09 AM

My managed profit miners are going "offline" now and then, this seem to happen when pools fail (seen it on nicehash and zpool so far, with bminer, gminer and z-enemy). Even that the miner is flagged as offline, it is still connected to awesome miner manager and I can just start it again. Is there a way to force the miner to not stop/go to the next pool/algo, or any ideas on how should I troubleshoot this?

Thanks
Is the scenario that once you run into this problem, even after > 6 minutes, Awesome Miner has still not marked the pool as failed and moved on to the next pool? It just keeps running the same mining software that is unable to do its work - while it display "Interface offline"?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 08:44:56 AM

Hal

On its website it already shows the purchase and sale price, and also in several times, current, 1 hour, 3 hours etc ... I do not know if it will still be in the api, so I indicated that contact KArl or see your api directly.

It would be nice to be able to choose the current or 3 hours and sale or purchase price as we do in CC.
In the Options dialog, Statistics Provider section, you have the setting "CoinToMine Exchange Rate" that you can set to Default (last price) / Highest Bid / Lowest Ask.

The limitation right now is that Awesome Miner only can read the Current or 24h avg values here. The 1 hour / 3 hour values are not yet part of the CTM API.

trucobit

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:16:35 AM

Hal

In the Options dialog, Statistics Provider section, you have the setting "CoinToMine Exchange Rate" that you can set to Default (last price) / Highest Bid / Lowest Ask.

The limitation right now is that Awesome Miner only can read the Current or 24h avg values here. The 1 hour / 3 hour values are not yet part of the CTM API.

it will be soon, at least the price of sale and purchase. You can also suggest that you include the times.

Although I always work at Current, I am not interested in any average of hours, because it always distances you from reality.
GarySeven

Activity: 129
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:18:34 PM

Hi Patrike.

Ever since I installed the last update AM notifies me that all of my A9 Zmaster's are running at 9999 degrees but the factory GUI is correct. Can I roll back the update somehow?
danielocdh

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 12:49:56 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2019, 02:41:21 AM by danielocdh

Thanks
Is the scenario that once you run into this problem, even after > 6 minutes, Awesome Miner has still not marked the pool as failed and moved on to the next pool? It just keeps running the same mining software that is unable to do its work - while it display "Interface offline"?

I usually can't remote to the computers very fast so when I remote to them they are just not doing anything, I can confirm the "Interface offline" only for Equihash 150.5+NiceHash+Gminer CUDA Equihash Miner (it happens more often, I'm not 100% sure about the others).

Edit: If I go to right click->view details (even after a few hours) I have several timestamps (as if the mining didn't stop) and when I click the timestamp after the error (i.e. 12 minutes after the error), it shows the message that some pool is being ignored and the button to reset. If I click a more recent timestamp there isn't any ignored pool message.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 08:18:11 AM

Hi Patrike.

Ever since I installed the last update AM notifies me that all of my A9 Zmaster's are running at 9999 degrees but the factory GUI is correct. Can I roll back the update somehow?
Hello. Can you please select the miner and send me the API Report for it (via the toolbar Tools -> API Report)?
Which version did you upgrade from?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 08:27:37 AM

Thanks

I usually can't remote to the computers very fast so when I remote to them they are just not doing anything, I can confirm the "Interface offline" only for Equihash 150.5+NiceHash+Gminer CUDA Equihash Miner (it happens more often, I'm not 100% sure about the others).

Edit: If I go to right click->view details (even after a few hours) I have several timestamps (as if the mining didn't stop) and when I click the timestamp after the error (i.e. 12 minutes after the error), it shows the message that some pool is being ignored and the button to reset. If I click a more recent timestamp there isn't any ignored pool message.
Thanks for the update.

The fact that you do see the "Failed" for some pool in the View Details dialog indicates that Awesome Miner did detect this pool failure. The profit switcher will then not use this pool for a while, but the profit switching decision might be made a number of minutes later, depending on how often the profit switcher is configured to run.

Right now you have an ignore time of only 50 minutes, so Awesome Miner will start using the pool a while later and this is why you no longer see the "Failed" indicator. If the pool fails again a little later, Awesome Miner will again mark it as failed and ignore it.

The idea is that Awesome Miner shouldn't be stuck on a failed pool for many hours or days, but a number of minutes of mining will always be lost before Awesome Miner will consider it to be a failure. For this reason it can be good to ignore the pool for a longer period of time after a failure.

If the specific combination for Eq150,5 + Nicehash + Gminer causes these issues frequently, it could be time to consider if this combination should be removed from the profit switcher.

danielocdh

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 08:50:24 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

The fact that you do see the "Failed" for some pool in the View Details dialog indicates that Awesome Miner did detect this pool failure. The profit switcher will then not use this pool for a while, but the profit switching decision might be made a number of minutes later, depending on how often the profit switcher is configured to run.

Right now you have an ignore time of only 50 minutes, so Awesome Miner will start using the pool a while later and this is why you no longer see the "Failed" indicator. If the pool fails again a little later, Awesome Miner will again mark it as failed and ignore it.

The idea is that Awesome Miner shouldn't be stuck on a failed pool for many hours or days, but a number of minutes of mining will always be lost before Awesome Miner will consider it to be a failure. For this reason it can be good to ignore the pool for a longer period of time after a failure.

If the specific combination for Eq150,5 + Nicehash + Gminer causes these issues frequently, it could be time to consider if this combination should be removed from the profit switcher.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the miners stop working until I manually start them, the other day I went to sleep and it failed after 1-2 hours, I received the offline email but it didn't wake me up(that's ok). Another day the same thing happened, I didn't see/check my email until noon, miners were idle for around 11 hours until I started them.
I just wanted to know if there was a way to troubleshoot this because it started happening with more than 1 algo/pool/software. It doesn't happen that often but I'd rather it kept mining by itself.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 09:06:47 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the miners stop working until I manually start them, the other day I went to sleep and it failed after 1-2 hours, I received the offline email but it didn't wake me up(that's ok). Another day the same thing happened, I didn't see/check my email until noon, miners were idle for around 11 hours until I started them.
I just wanted to know if there was a way to troubleshoot this because it started happening with more than 1 algo/pool/software. It doesn't happen that often but I'd rather it kept mining by itself.
When you find the miners in this start, they are showing as "Interface offline" as you pointed out earlier? Not "Service Offline"? And when you look at the miner console window, the mining software is running but do nothing because of pool connection failure?

The Offline e-mail you received, was it from the Offline Detection rule?

Sorry for asking all these questions, I'm just trying to get as detailed understanding as possible of the scenario.

danielocdh

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 09:24:56 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

When you find the miners in this start, they are showing as "Interface offline" as you pointed out earlier? Not "Service Offline"? And when you look at the miner console window, the mining software is running but do nothing because of pool connection failure?

The Offline e-mail you received, was it from the Offline Detection rule?

Sorry for asking all these questions, I'm just trying to get as detailed understanding as possible of the scenario.
I remember the message being "Interface offline" but now I'm not so sure because I found a screenshot with the miners just saying "Stopped" in red.
I rarely use the console window, I just vnc to the miner and see there isn't any console/mining software running, so I start the miner again.
Yes, the email is from the offline detection rules.

I understand the info I'm giving is probably not good enough, I'll be sure to document it better the next time this happens.
Thanks
trucobit

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 10:54:43 AM

Hello Patrike, I usually suggest new features, today I have a complaint.

The benchmark section has been losing its functions over the months. There are very few Al-Gos that I can benchmark directly. This forces me to create a test pool and select the auto-exchanges and do the manual miner mining test.

Suggestion. If I have all the Autoexchanges activated, but I have them as they do not automatically enter autoprofit unless I choose it. Because the benchmark is not able to use those algos from the auto exchanges? I mean nicehash, zpool, ahaspool, etc ... On Saturday I teach a 3 day course of Awesome miner and it will be tedious to explain to people that the benchmark system is almost useless and that they have to create a pool of test, activate the Auto exchanges and select only one Al-GO and try different miners.

I think the benchmark if it detects that I have activated the auto exchanges, should use those algos. I'm not going to lose money, but I think it would be the logical thing to do, because now the benchmark is almost completely useless, and it's giving me a lot of work to measure the new AL-GOS and find the best miner by hand. This needs to be improved soon, it's my personal opinion.

Thanks in advance.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 04:41:52 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2019, 10:56:46 AM by patrike

Hello Patrike, I usually suggest new features, today I have a complaint.

The benchmark section has been losing its functions over the months. There are very few Al-Gos that I can benchmark directly. This forces me to create a test pool and select the auto-exchanges and do the manual miner mining test.

Suggestion. If I have all the Autoexchanges activated, but I have them as they do not automatically enter autoprofit unless I choose it. Because the benchmark is not able to use those algos from the auto exchanges? I mean nicehash, zpool, ahaspool, etc ... On Saturday I teach a 3 day course of Awesome miner and it will be tedious to explain to people that the benchmark system is almost useless and that they have to create a pool of test, activate the Auto exchanges and select only one Al-GO and try different miners.

I think the benchmark if it detects that I have activated the auto exchanges, should use those algos. I'm not going to lose money, but I think it would be the logical thing to do, because now the benchmark is almost completely useless, and it's giving me a lot of work to measure the new AL-GOS and find the best miner by hand. This needs to be improved soon, it's my personal opinion.

Thanks in advance.
I agree that that usability for the benchmark can be improved and I know other users had similar suggestion in the past.

What I've been planning for is to make it possible to select any pool from a list to be used for the benchmark. At least you would't have to go in and add it to the profit switcher all the time.

However, you still need a pool to do the benchmark for most mining software - it's only a few of them that supports offline benchmark without a pool.

I'm thinking of two or three selections that could be used to improve the benchmark dialog
1) Benchmark using pools available to the profit switcher (this is the only way you can benchmark today)
2) Benchmark using a specific pool (the user select a pool from a list, it doesn't need to be part of the profit switcher)
3) Maybe also: Benchmark by manually entering pool detils (the user need to enter pool URL, worker name, wallet and so on)

Can you please give your view on how you want to tell the benchmark dialog which pool to use? Would #2 above solve most of your scenarios?dialog?

Edit: The new version 6.2.3 allows you to select a specific pool to be used for benchmark

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 03:14:11 AM

Small bug fix, it seems as though the 'add to worker name' tick box is not inherited sometimes from templates. You have to manually go to the miner and change it. It'll even show up as ticked or unticked regardless of what it's actually doing.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: