April 19, 2024, 10:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289441 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:12:25 PM

Looking at the first post, among the features "in development" there are vague things not helping with understanding what is Silk trying to become now, soon and in farther future, so could any insider work out an estimated time frame for the first major release and describe which of the features are gonna be new in that release and which are planned for future releases?

Like, describe the planned order of feature implementations between major releases, like the roadmap format many coins use?

Speaking of vagueness, The Games Center, App Center and other isolated, undescriptive labels are listed under active development, without a word about what exactly are those supposed to be and why?

Maybe it's just me but seeing claims like that thrown around without credible, elaborate description seems kind of a buzz-kill.

Also, is there gonna be a Whitepaper detailing what specific technical problems Silkcoin tackles and how exactly it does that?

And it feels like quite little of the information from inside of the team reaches the public. Isn't transparency one of the prime values the revival team wants to actively embody to contrast against Silkcoin's past?

Sorry if I appear impatient, I'm just overall excited Wink

I think we are around 10 days from having absolutely no one working on this.  So yes there is a ninja feel to it presently.   We've built a very large team very quickly now nearing 20 contributers and standbys.
    If youre interested in more up to date info, please join googlechat - hanzlambrecht@gmail.com   have mentioned this invite quite often. Full transparency is available there for now and once through the obvious hurdles, will be much easier to organize for general public.
     Youre more then welcome to join the party in google chat if you feel you have something to contribute! Cool

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 08:16:53 PM

Looking at the first post, among the features "in development" there are vague things not helping with understanding what is Silk trying to become now, soon and in farther future, so could any insider work out an estimated time frame for the first major release and describe which of the features are gonna be new in that release and which are planned for future releases?

Like, describe the planned order of feature implementations between major releases, like the roadmap format many coins use?

Speaking of vagueness, The Games Center, App Center and other isolated, undescriptive labels are listed under active development, without a word about what exactly are those supposed to be and why?

Maybe it's just me but seeing claims like that thrown around without credible, elaborate description seems kind of a buzz-kill.

Also, is there gonna be a Whitepaper detailing what specific technical problems Silkcoin tackles and how exactly it does that?

And it feels like quite little of the information from inside of the team reaches the public. Isn't transparency one of the prime values the revival team wants to actively embody to contrast against Silkcoin's past?

Sorry if I appear impatient, I'm just overall excited Wink

I think we are around 10 days from having absolutely no one working on this.  So yes there is a ninja feel to it presently.   We've built a very large team very quickly now nearing 20 contributers and standbys.
    If youre interested in more up to date info, please join googlechat - hanzlambrecht@gmail.com   have mentioned this invite quite often. Full transparency is available there for now and once through the obvious hurdles, will be much easier to organize for general public.
     Youre more then welcome to join the party in google chat if you feel you have something to contribute! Cool

Well now I am concerned...

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Dimitry

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:23:51 PM

^^why?
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 08:25:25 PM

^^why?

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought he said it looks like nothing has been done for 10 days?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

Dimitry

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:30:45 PM

as i read it.

10 days ago we had nobody working on the coin it was dead. and since 10 days there has been alot of movement in development, and the team is growing and future is looking bright:-)
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:48:25 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 09:00:43 PM by arteleis

^^why?

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought he said it looks like nothing has been done for 10 days?

LOL - Yeh - meaning 10 days ago or so ... there was no dev team.  Pulled a lot together in a short time frame, so of course detailed transparency is coming.  For now join the hangouts, join trello and stay tuned to BCT.  

It may have been a bit longer then 10 days, I'm not sure. Don't sleep much anymore.   Wink

You're always a ballbuster Dandruff.  Good to keep me on my toes though lol

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:00:43 PM

BTW I'd love to get that pic from the wallet and save it as a desktop background
If you can send it or give me a link, that would be awesome Wink
Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16230215@N08/2877029132

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:01:50 PM

BTW I'd love to get that pic from the wallet and save it as a desktop background
If you can send it or give me a link, that would be awesome Wink
Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16230215@N08/2877029132

All the stock photos I bought are in the silk thread in hangouts.  Just have to scroll up.. and up... and up... and up...  I can post here with imgur later too.

Ben is also putting together a media design package that will have all of the submissions likely mid week.

nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:18:18 PM

Which design do you prefer between these two examples ?

This one is my Fave out of the two, but the Help button seems a little out of place there . I think the darker color and larger font make it stand out and seem a bit wrong sitting there next to the other button.

Im thinking that i will remove the help and unlock buttons and replace them with icons on the blue bar on the left (and yes we are exploring different colour options for that!) Cheesy

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:20:53 PM

This one is my Fave out of the two, but the Help button seems a little out of place there . I think the darker color and larger font make it stand out and seem a bit wrong sitting there next to the other button.

Im thinking that i will remove the help and unlock buttons and replace them with icons on the blue bar on the left (and yes we are exploring different colour options for that!) Cheesy

Actually yeh.  That sounds like it makes sense.  As long as when hover explains the actions.

dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

^^why?

LOL - Yeh - meaning 10 days ago or so ... there was no dev team.  Pulled a lot together in a short time frame, so of course detailed transparency is coming.  For now join the hangouts, join trello and stay tuned to BCT.  

It may have been a bit longer then 10 days, I'm not sure. Don't sleep much anymore.   Wink

So since the OG developer left, how many development teams have we washed through??? We are at least on #3 now?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:32:19 PM

Actually yeh.  That sounds like it makes sense.  As long as when hover explains the actions.

Yes adding the tooltip text is easy enough to do and should make it easy enough to understand its function.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:32:48 PM

^^why?

So since the OG developer left, how many development teams have we washed through??? We are at least on #3 now?

Uh I don't know if you can count number 2..  Bholzer didn't do any work here.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:45:11 PM

Silkcoin.  The digital currency with integrity and value.

Skins on the wallet.  That's cool. Keep those suggestions coming.

VIVA LA REVELUCION!!!   Let's set something on fire!

typing out loud again.....

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:05:16 PM

No one is more qualified than you are to decide how you live; no one should be able to vote on what you do with your time and your potential unless you invite them to.

mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:37:18 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 12:50:17 AM by mafort1469

To be the most technologically advanced cryptocurrency on the market.
Well it's not going to be the most technologically advanced crypto so using this would be false(although not a reason not to use it).

To become the cryptocurrency that consumers, investors, and the community can trust.
Trust is a big sell point and you're calling out each group in an alertive first person(consumers,investors)(makes me think the "vision statement" includes me and has a personal touch).
[/quote]

My sentiments exactly!  That was my logic to decide between the two when I voted.  I think we should stress trust and value over claiming to be the best (or one day be the best).  Although there are more coins now with staking, staking is definitely an advantage because it's rare with coins that people actually want to hold.  The others are just shitty dump coins where even if the stake interest was 20% you would be losing money by not selling it off, haha.  Hell, in this economy, you can't even get interest on USD.  At least not 2% that's for sure!
[/quote]

Vision: A sustainable bitcoin alternative

Mission: To build a trusted digital ecosystem  ...

Vision Statement (Desired End-State): A one-sentence statement describing the clear and inspirational long-term desired change resulting from an organization or program’s work.

Mission Statement (What You Do): A one-sentence statement describing the reason an organization or program exists and used to help guide decisions about priorities, actions, and responsibilities.

[/quote]

Yes, these are good, however, we aim to overtake bitcoin so having bitcoin in our vision statement isn't a good idea IMO. I do like your mission statement and I will add it in the next poll. I do agree that the mission statement should be short, but one sentence isn't reality. Most mission statements are a few sentences or bullet points. Thanks for ideas and any more please, please let me know. I should have poll out tonight at some point. Thanks!!

I will try and keep it to one sentence and no more than three. Hopefully this will work.
pandionrain

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

SILK. All the cool kids are buying it.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:17:07 AM

Silkcoin.  The digital currency with integrity and value.

Skins on the wallet.  That's cool. Keep those suggestions coming.

VIVA LA REVELUCION!!!   Let's set something on fire!

typing out loud again.....

God save the Camel!

SILK:   B5ZPSMdFTWKKofvF1cKqVorapD8sV62XFx
BTC:    14vooT31DUVqxCFKR67dnEUojhBfKbHW1L
Nyterax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:51:22 AM

Could each team member and contributor put "Silkcoin :: Lead developer" or whatever their assigned role is as their "Personal text" in forum profile? That would save me and others from having to memorize who's who Wink

@Nyterax
BTC: 1McgGk69g82epdnxAdDQfMSXtUygZfL4vZ
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:00:09 AM

OK community here is the link to the easypoll for Silkcoin's proposed Mission Statements

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53c47ddfe4b0602ff83c485e

Once again, if you have a suggestion/comment, please email me or send me a PM. Thanks.
armlock

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:06:42 AM

Skins to change will be great!

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: