April 25, 2024, 11:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:52:23 PM

Everyone who has had a hand in this is known. And by this I mean their identity is known by someone currently working on silkcoin rebuild.  I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we will not accept random help from anyone (feedback excluded) without an ID disclosure to myself or another current dev. Especially from a newbie who has only posted on silkcoin's thread.

I know who those guys are for real.

The original devs couldn't even code, they left because the code was a mess. These guys solve the problems where the ex-devs couldn't solve it Smiley

Yeh Palm was cleaning that Git until his fingers were bleeding and Bishop was coding until he lost all his fingertips lol
  Take a look at all the changes.  Massive work done.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:55:45 PM

Everyone who has had a hand in this is known. And by this I mean their identity is known by someone currently working on silkcoin rebuild.  I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we will not accept random help from anyone (feedback excluded) without an ID disclosure to myself or another current dev. Especially from a newbie who has only posted on silkcoin's thread.

Of course newbie status is looked on a as questionable.  But yes, everyone goes through a reasonable screening before accepted into chat thread. 
And any work done regarding Github is scrutinized and no pulls accepted to main repo, unless unanimously agreed upon.

It is in fact true tho, that there has been alot of bct newbie help here.  The bct ranking obviously does not necessarily reflect anyones skills or vocation, but of course may be an orange or yellow flag to look closer.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:56:47 PM

Wish I could beta test but i don't have windows Sad 

Nonetheless, a big kudos to the SILK Team for your consistent and passionate work! The markets have responded with solid buy support.

Which platform do you use?

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:59:01 PM

I will give 20000SC for someone setting up a multipool Smiley!

We are looking into dedicated development of a silkcoin multipool.  But is a very large project. If there is anyone available to talk more in detail about the estimated hours and pricing, please contact one of us to discuss further.  This definitely a very important part for the future roadmap.

Also in saying that, a few have us have been looking into mining options on different MMORPGs.. could essentially be really really fun cpu mining with advanced macro support. 

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:01:52 PM

And no need to be hostile,  that only goes against you.

I'm "hostile" because you said I'm french, so I'm a suspect...
Breivik was Swedish, so all Swedish are a potential murderer ? Your answer is racist.

If you'd like to help then please let someone on the team know your ID.  That is all. Thank you and hopefully you can help as all help from a trusted source is appreciated.  Thanks!

more people contributing makes silk stronger and solid

Agreed.   Cool

mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:06:58 PM

Ok, here is my wallet review for 1.1.0.0-qt-64

Wallet loading splash - Excellent!

Wallet header - very nice.

Wallet general
-minimize button area doesn't look right. Also can there be a maximize button?

Dashboard
-second tabs toolbar (light blue vertical strip with camel at top). When you click the camel, it switches balances to USD then to BTC. This is not working as they state 0 balance.
-active network connections is blank in details section

Send/Receive - good

Transactions - good

Address book - good

Statistics - good

Block explorer - good

Market data
-Same known problems which are being worked on. One suggestion would be to have exchange name listed when you are in the graphs section like it is when you are in the main section.
-BTC price in overview section is incorrect at $1000.00

Social
-fix IRC to #grandbazaar. Right now it is still connecting to #silkcoin.
-update CryptoCoinTalk ASAP as it still has old silkcoin information including the video. palmdetroit stated he would update new information on July 5th, but not yet done.
-link to new silkcoin homepage is good, however, the wallet demo section is still showing old wallet. This needs to be corrected ASAP.

Actions - good

Settings - good

Awesome work, I am very impressed!! Excellent job ninjas!

sparc0

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

Used version : v1.1.0.0-g32a928e (win64)

Dashboard

• Colors (Balances, Details, Transactions) are ugly, please restore previous
Colors were meant to be a change symbolizing new development - scheme can be made different, but under no circumstances restored exactly to previous. 
Perhaps we can all look into color schemes.  Was done ninja for need to separate from old development team visually.

I'm fine with makeover, but previous colors are the best. Maybe focus on fix/adding functionalities, but changing colors was the worst thing of this update (my2cents).
PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:37:00 PM

This has been a riveting thread to me.

This story of Silkcoin has shown what can happen, in pretty much the worst case scenario, with an altcoin.  Developers abandon their responsibility and bounce with all the money they've made in their coin, and leave everyone else to worry about it.  And enough people stepped up and worked together to make this camel roll on.  I haven't, so far, figured out any way I could help.  You have all done an amazing job, and this is an amazing story.

I may just be a random dude to everyone here, but I truly am proud of everyone here, and felt the desire to sign up for a name on this site just to tell you this.  Thank you all for giving me a little bit of hope and faith in this movement, and in humans as a whole.

I'm no programmer or developer, so I may claim ignorance on this and please explain if I am wrong, but one concern I've had - and I bring this up constructively - is that this coin's Proof-of-Stake design does little to protect it from a 51% attack in this delicate phase of its life.

The market cap is currently <$150k.  So even though if someone attempted to buy >51% of the coin and the price hiked, it could probably be done for no more than $100k.  Of course, 51%'ing a coin never seems like a good investment anyways, because as soon as everyone catches on (pfq), the value of the coin would plummet and the investment into 51%'ing will have been a waste.

What are everyone's thoughts on how the coin is protected against this?  This issue has a tremendous impact on peoples' confidence in a coin, which impacts the chance of adoption and therefore value.  Please keep it constructive, and perhaps it can lead to a more stable, confident coin.  Or remedy my lack of knowledge if that's the case Smiley

Peace,
CryptoPromotions

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:44:23 PM

Amazing job on the community takeover. Definitely holding.  Cheesy
anarchyx

Activity: 480
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:57:56 PM

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:06:51 PM

I'm no programmer or developer, so I may claim ignorance on this and please explain if I am wrong, but one concern I've had - and I bring this up constructively - is that this coin's Proof-of-Stake design does little to protect it from a 51% attack in this delicate phase of its life.

The market cap is currently <$150k.  So even though if someone attempted to buy >51% of the coin and the price hiked, it could probably be done for no more than $100k.  Of course, 51%'ing a coin never seems like a good investment anyways, because as soon as everyone catches on (pfq), the value of the coin would plummet and the investment into 51%'ing will have been a waste.

What are everyone's thoughts on how the coin is protected against this?  This issue has a tremendous impact on peoples' confidence in a coin, which impacts the chance of adoption and therefore value.  Please keep it constructive, and perhaps it can lead to a more stable, confident coin.  Or remedy my lack of knowledge if that's the case Smiley

Peace,

Im pretty sure at this point the coin is fairly evenly distributed and a chance of a 51% attack are extremely slim and not likely.  Also unsure of the effect of a panic buy of 100k worth would entail and also if it would be possible.  Has anyone ever bought the book on all the exhanges at once?
    Pow coins like bitcoin and litecoin are far more in danger due to the massive mining operations.
     We are also looking in to pvp gameplay macro/freeplay mining.. in which case roaming gangs could battle for the 51% control lol

But is a good question if anyone has more for this discussion.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:19:29 PM

Dashboard

Colors were meant to be a change symbolizing new development - scheme can be made different, but under no circumstances restored exactly to previous. 
Perhaps we can all look into color schemes.  Was done ninja for need to separate from old development team visually.

I'm fine with makeover, but previous colors are the best. Maybe focus on fix/adding functionalities, but changing colors was the worst thing of this update (my2cents).

Ben will be posting his media design centre for anyone interested in media contribution hopefully next week.  Also will include color swatches for discussion on future versions.  Everyones opinion is valid and your 2cents greatly appreciated and considered.  (-;

sparc0

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:44:51 PM

Dashboard

Ben will be posting his media design centre for anyone interested in media contribution hopefully next week.  Also will include color swatches for discussion on future versions.  Everyones opinion is valid and your 2cents greatly appreciated and considered.  (-;

Wink

Maybe rollback design on 1.0.9.3 and just modify top left corner logo is sufficient ?

Previous design was more "professional" than actual, Silkcoin wallet design needs to be clean and fresh.
Wallet's design is the most visible evolution of this crypto (for regular users) and the first impression is the key of trust (first impression is given by design).

yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:54:50 PM

Wish I could beta test but i don't have windows Sad 

Nonetheless, a big kudos to the SILK Team for your consistent and passionate work! The markets have responded with solid buy support.

Which platform do you use?

Mac

This has been a riveting thread to me.

Welcome to the party!

saaaweeet!!!   Shocked
j5crypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:11:56 AM

Dashboard

im not the only one that feels this way. Style is lost on the new wallet, gabage.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:42:08 AM

Yep its a beta. 
  So reversion to old colours or same style different color theme?
   I like it now,  because it doesnt look like a pastel easter egg.  Last wallet was okay... but i found it boring like colours of a depressing paint job in an old home. Haha
 So i personally would move in the obvious direction of change from old colours.
    So more subtle colours or more bold and definitive colours?
  Is silk vibrant? Or is it it vague. 

The beta is.of course to draw feedback on the direction of graphics and.style. 

Keep firing ideas if you got em. 

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:51:46 AM

Dashboard

Perhaps we can all look into color schemes.  Was done ninja for need to separate from old development team visually.

Ben will be posting his media design centre for anyone interested in media contribution hopefully next week.  Also will include color swatches for discussion on future versions.  Everyones opinion is valid and your 2cents greatly appreciated and considered.  (-;

Wink

Maybe rollback design on 1.0.9.3 and just modify top left corner logo is sufficient ?

Previous design was more "professional" than actual, Silkcoin wallet design needs to be clean and fresh.
Wallet's design is the most visible evolution of this crypto (for regular users) and the first impression is the key of trust (first impression is given by design).

Yes that was the original thought, was to change the logo and that was it. Was also alot of blurry text, all been fixed.  colour change was an afterthought and suggestion by me for the reason of first impression.  This is a beta so first impression is being left up to users to decide for alpha release.

I would imagine a similar colour scheme but with different colours would work?  Like desert theme instead of easter egg theme?

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:54:01 AM

Dashboard

Perhaps we can all look into color schemes.  Was done ninja for need to separate from old development team visually.

im not the only one that feels this way. Style is lost on the new wallet, gabage.

Dont worry about the colour scheme, Im working on a few changes, ive been busy this week and didnt have as much time as id like to finish things. Im going to overlay a background image on the dashboard and tweak the colours. The logo on the top left was just one concept i had, i will put a few concepts up here that people can choose if you like.

The main thing is i wanted to get rid of all the old branding that had been made by the old devs.

If only you knew how much mess the old devs had left everything in. We have cleaned out a ton of old graphics from the repository, and are cleaning everything up.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:58:07 AM

Dashboard

Dont worry about the colour scheme, Im working on a few changes, ive been busy this week and didnt have as much time as id like to finish things. Im going to overlay a background image on the dashboard and tweak the colours. The logo on the top left was just one concept i had, i will put a few concepts up here that people can choose if you like.

The main thing is i wanted to get rid of all the old branding that had been made by the old devs.

If only you knew how much mess the old devs had left everything in. We have cleaned out a ton of old graphics from the repository, and are cleaning everything up.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

j5crypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:34:22 AM

Dashboard

Dont worry about the colour scheme, I'm working on a few changes, ive been busy this week and didnt have as much time as id like to finish things. Im going to overlay a background image on the dashboard and tweak the colours. The logo on the top left was just one concept i had, i will put a few concepts up here that people can choose if you like.

This release is not going to do well for the price of the coin. The coin is all about visual athletics. I know you had no choice, but this is the outcome. And the code can be sloppy and bloated as long as it works(fix that crap later, no wonder its taking so long). Maybe you can fix the look maybe you can't, but never should there ever have been any doubt placed in public eyes. I would only release a polished product and get someone, a designer to help. You will never match the old designer, that guy was one of a kind.

I didn't care for the colors on the original wallet #2 either(too blain & feminine). The original wallet #1 with the moving camel on the front had the best color scheme.

Maybe im wrong and just impatient and you did say its a beta. May the camel be with you. Camel speed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: