April 19, 2024, 03:58:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289441 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:54:33 AM

Used version : v1.1.0.0-g32a928e (win64)

Dashboard

• Colors (Balances, Details, Transactions) are ugly, please restore previous
Colors were meant to be a change symbolizing new development - scheme can be made different, but under no circumstances restored exactly to previous.  
Perhaps we can all look into color schemes.  Was done ninja for need to separate from old development team visually.

I'm fine with makeover, but previous colors are the best. Maybe focus on fix/adding functionalities, but changing colors was the worst thing of this update (my2cents).

im not the only one that feels this way. Style is lost on the new wallet, gabage.

Dont worry about the colour scheme, I'm working on a few changes, ive been busy this week and didnt have as much time as id like to finish things. Im going to overlay a background image on the dashboard and tweak the colours. The logo on the top left was just one concept i had, i will put a few concepts up here that people can choose if you like.

The main thing is i wanted to get rid of all the old branding that had been made by the old devs.

If only you knew how much mess the old devs had left everything in. We have cleaned out a ton of old graphics from the repository, and are cleaning everything up.

This release is not going to do well for the price of the coin. The coin is all about visual athletics. I know you had no choice, but this is the outcome. And the code can be sloppy and bloated as long as it works(fix that crap later, no wonder its taking so long). Maybe you can fix the look maybe you can't, but never should there ever have been any doubt placed in public eyes. I would only release a polished product and get someone, a designer to help. You will never match the old designer, that guy was one of a kind.

I didn't care for the colors on the original wallet #2 either(too blain & feminine). The original wallet #1 with the moving camel on the front had the best color scheme.

Maybe im wrong and just impatient and you did say its a beta. May the camel be with you. Camel speed.

Lol yeh we had a choice.  The choice was for the public to provide feedback.  This is not a release.  It is a pre-release beta.
  I know. Actually asking the community their opinion is not commonplace and perhaps strange.  Even existing outside of the common understanding of professionalism. 
And yeh we can fix the look.  Why we all ask for feedback.  To ensure the user gets what they want.

I'm sorry if community involvement causes doubt in the markets, but this is not a pump and dump project slapping things together to work for a short time.  It is meant to be a long-standing project of community involvement and commitment.

The outcome is yet to be defined.  Hence Beta pre-release.  Suggestions on what everyone wants to see and experience is the game.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:02:42 AM

ANN updated courtesy of Transidium.  (-:

PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:27:22 AM

Seeing as I do not know how to computer good [sic], I will attempt to download the beta wallet and see if I can do it without too much help.  If not, then maybe it'll result in some feedback on how to make it more accessible to people whose computering skills are a little less "l33t" Smiley

Sound like a good idea?  Or will that just annoy the crap out of you?

Peace,
Transidium

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:28:20 AM

Wow, every other ANN I click on sucks so bad, style-wise; even the big money players (DRK/CLOAK/BC).
And this is just the beginning for us...  Wink

Ben
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:35:47 AM

Seeing as I do not know how to computer good [sic], I will attempt to download the beta wallet and see if I can do it without too much help.  If not, then maybe it'll result in some feedback on how to make it more accessible to people whose computering skills are a little less "l33t" Smiley

Sound like a good idea?  Or will that just annoy the crap out of you?

Peace,

Lol
  No thats exactly the point.  Let us know the results.

PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:36:59 AM

I apologize if this ends up being long, as I am going to be sooo picky.  I think this fine-toothed-combing and fixing of even minor bugs is essential to gaining peoples' confidence.

While the program was loading, the program terminated itself and I got the following error message:

"A fatal error occurred.  Silkcoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.
 EXCEPTION: st13runtime_error
 CDB() " Can't open database file, error 1 [filepath].exe in runaway exception"

When I tried launching it the second time it started up and got goin' on downloading them blocks.

Until block 37,449 of 105126, where it totally frozed.  Undecided
Restarted the install and it moved along fine.

And then I got stuck at block 60,000, but I expected that.  Only someone who read through this thread, in its entirety, would expect that and know what's going on though.  Not everyone in the target audience has done/will do that.
Another re-start and it moved right along.

Install finished fine.  Wallet amount updated with the coin I sent there.  Tomorrow I'll try staking and other features.

My two cents, for what it's worth:
I know the things I brought up are piddly, inconsequential "issues".  But always remember that in order for digital currencies to become the revolution we all know it will be, we have to make it so "regular people who don't give a shit or understand the gravity of digital currencies" can use them.  I think the U/I does a phenomenal job at this, especially having tools like blockchain explorer, market data/stats, social networking, etc. built right into the wallet. 

That being said, I was being picky as shit and this is all I came up with  Cool

A sincere kudos to everyone involved.  I am truly blown away.

But these little bugs will bite some people-who-don't-give-a-shit/understand, and will prevent some people from using this coin.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:44:50 AM

Dashboard

• Colors (Balances, Details, Transactions) are ugly, please restore previous
Colors were meant to be a change symbolizing new development - scheme can be made different, but under no circumstances restored exactly to previous.  
Perhaps we can all look into color schemes.  Was done ninja for need to separate from old development team visually.

I'm fine with makeover, but previous colors are the best. Maybe focus on fix/adding functionalities, but changing colors was the worst thing of this update (my2cents).

im not the only one that feels this way. Style is lost on the new wallet, gabage.

Dont worry about the colour scheme, I'm working on a few changes, ive been busy this week and didnt have as much time as id like to finish things. Im going to overlay a background image on the dashboard and tweak the colours. The logo on the top left was just one concept i had, i will put a few concepts up here that people can choose if you like.

The main thing is i wanted to get rid of all the old branding that had been made by the old devs.

If only you knew how much mess the old devs had left everything in. We have cleaned out a ton of old graphics from the repository, and are cleaning everything up.

This release is not going to do well for the price of the coin. The coin is all about visual athletics. I know you had no choice, but this is the outcome. And the code can be sloppy and bloated as long as it works(fix that crap later, no wonder its taking so long). Maybe you can fix the look maybe you can't, but never should there ever have been any doubt placed in public eyes. I would only release a polished product and get someone, a designer to help. You will never match the old designer, that guy was one of a kind.

I didn't care for the colors on the original wallet #2 either(too blain & feminine). The original wallet #1 with the moving camel on the front had the best color scheme.

Maybe im wrong and just impatient and you did say its a beta. May the camel be with you. Camel speed.

Dont worry, we wont let you down.
There is alot of work that has to be done and i only changed the colours because some people said it was too pale and pastel like, i thought i would brighten it up a bit.

Im going to concentrate on the dashboard for now, since thats the first thing people see and progressively improve the rest of the GUI over the next few releases.
Im confident we will have the best looking wallet around when im done Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 07:51:05 AM

Great news on the new wallet.  I will test it out on Monday and give some feedback.  I may even try it sooner because I'm itching to see what the color fuss is about, haha Smiley

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 07:56:22 AM

/r/silkcoinofficial LOOKS GREAT !!! niice work

+1 Very good work!

Thank you both!  I've got more to do and the first edits took me longer because I had zero prior experience modifying style sheets, haha.

While you're on reddit, upvote my request for /r/SILK at the link below.  The sooner we can get that sub, the better.  I think we're leaning on changing the ticker to SILK (based on the community feedback I've read).

http://www.reddit.com/r/redditrequest/comments/2abthu/requesting_rsilk/

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:13:31 AM

Great news on the new wallet.  I will test it out on Monday and give some feedback.  I may even try it sooner because I'm itching to see what the color fuss is about, haha Smiley

Oh wait till everyone sees whats in store.. keep the feedback coming!

jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:29:09 AM

Keep up the good work guys.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:44:57 AM

Maybe we can get some donations running for multipool, they need 1btc at current price would be about 200K SC.

Mr.Joker already offerd 20K for multipool, I can donate 2K at current price. Who is joining the list...
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:48:39 AM

I would be happy to donate 10k of my holdings

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:20:42 AM

Maybe we can get some donations running for multipool, they need 1btc at current price would be about 200K SC.

Mr.Joker already offerd 20K for multipool, I can donate 2K at current price. Who is joining the list...

Hashcows is already active.  Maybe save donations for dedicated multipool?  This is a lot of work..  Also voting coming.  All voting Silk goes directly towards development..

But donation escrow is in ANN if you want to donate presently. 

I dunno, kinda think a dedicated multipool would be better then paying into many multipools where silk is an option to payout.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:32:25 AM

Shovelcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:46:41 AM

+1 Very good work!

Thank you both!  I've got more to do and the first edits took me longer because I had zero prior experience modifying style sheets, haha.

While you're on reddit, upvote my request for /r/SILK at the link below.  The sooner we can get that sub, the better.  I think we're leaning on changing the ticker to SILK (based on the community feedback I've read).

Hi all,

i've been following Silk since the start. Made some money with it and reinvested most back in Silk. I still believe in this coin especially with the new team.

I'd like to vote for /r/SILK but i have no idea how it works (my reddit acoount is less than a day old lol).
I do like the /r/silkcoinofficial but i think there should be more publicity about the takeover/restart of silk so /r/SILK would be very useful

Keep up the good work guys!
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:04:08 AM

+1 Very good work!

Hi all,

i've been following Silk since the start. Made some money with it and reinvested most back in Silk. I still believe in this coin especially with the new team.

I'd like to vote for /r/SILK but i have no idea how it works (my reddit acoount is less than a day old lol).
I do like the /r/silkcoinofficial but i think there should be more publicity about the takeover/restart of silk so /r/SILK would be very useful

Keep up the good work guys!
Yehh..  i seem to be in the same boat.  New to reddit as well.  Need some reddit voters with stats!

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:20:25 AM

+1 Very good work!

Yea good job with Silkcoinofficial  Smiley
I upvoted your request thread but you really need to PM one of the mods from redditrequest directly to plead your case.
The rules are not set in stone and hopefully you'll be dealing with a nice mod.
Good luck!
Shovelcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:32:38 AM

General

A graphic designer would be great right now (not me). The Wallet as a whole looks like it's made up of different pieces.
1 For instance the Transactions an Adress book tabs look like Windows 95 compared to the Dashboard wich is fresh and crispy
2 On almost every tab the name of the tab is in the top middle except on the Send/Recieve tab (i think the buttons are blocking it so they should be a bit lower)
   Also on the Market Data tab it's not on the top but below the Main and Graphs buttons so switch that (not just Overview but also Bittrex, Mintpal and Cryptsy) . More important; it's not the same font as on the other tabs!!
3 Restyle ALL the buttons in the same manner. Now there are square (on Actions and Send/Recieve), semi rounded (Dashboard) and rounded (on Market Data) buttons
4 consequent color scheme. I dont's care if it's ancient silk road themed (desert ocre and yellows combined with bright colors)
http://www.washingtoninst.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/desert.jpg
http://travelioo.com/img/Grand-Bazaar-Istanbul-Photo1.jpg

or a more modern color scheme with black/grey and just a few brighter colors to highlight

Dashboard

Main colors (nav bar and background) look ok

Send / Receive

When Recieve is active, i can see a letter behind the send and recieve buttons (look closely i'ts right in the middle of the 2 buttons). Looks like there's old text behind the buttons.

Transactions

OK
but looks OLD

Address book

OK
but looks OLD

Statistics

Market Cap at 0$
OK but could also use some color/contrast

Block explorer

Market data

shape and place of buttons

Social

OK but a bit dull (colored social media buttons?)

Actions

Colors, shape of buttons

Settings

OK (possibly a more modern window?)

Wallet interface

Reduce (to taskbar / to tray) as mentioned before
Maximize button possible?
May be a small bezel around the interface?

Conclusion

I really like the taskbar/tray icon !!
And since this looks like a camel from outer space i vote for a modern crisp wallet

Just my 2 SC
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:40:01 AM

General

A graphic designer would be great right now (not me). The Wallet as a whole looks like it's made up of different pieces.
1 For instance the Transactions an Adress book tabs look like Windows 95 compared to the Dashboard wich is fresh and crispy
2 On almost every tab the name of the tab is in the top middle except on the Send/Recieve tab (i think the buttons are blocking it so they should be a bit lower)
   Also on the Market Data tab it's not on the top but below the Main and Graphs buttons so switch that (not just Overview but also Bittrex, Mintpal and Cryptsy) . More important; it's not the same font as on the other tabs!!
3 Restyle ALL the buttons in the same manner. Now there are square (on Actions and Send/Recieve), semi rounded (Dashboard) and rounded (on Market Data) buttons
4 consequent color scheme. I dont's care if it's ancient silk road themed (desert ocre and yellows combined with bright colors)
http://www.washingtoninst.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/desert.jpg
http://travelioo.com/img/Grand-Bazaar-Istanbul-Photo1.jpg

or a more modern color scheme with black/grey and just a few brighter colors to highlight

Dashboard

Main colors (nav bar and background) look ok

Send / Receive

When Recieve is active, i can see a letter behind the send and recieve buttons (look closely i'ts right in the middle of the 2 buttons). Looks like there's old text behind the buttons.

Transactions

OK
but looks OLD

Address book

OK
but looks OLD

Statistics

Market Cap at 0$

Block explorer

Market data

shape and place of buttons

Social

OK but a bit dull (colored social media buttons?)

Actions

Colors, shape of buttons

Settings

OK (possibly a more modern window?)

Wallet interface

Reduce (to taskbar / to tray) as mentioned before
Maximize button possible?
May be a small bezel around the interface?

Conclusion

I really like the taskbar/tray icon !!
And since this looks like a camel from outer space i vote for a modern crisp wallet

Just my 2 SC

Hi Shovelcoin,
Im working on the graphics and am aware of the issues raised, your right about some pages looking like windows 95, im in the progress of working on each thing one page at a time. Interesting that you are happy with the taskbar icon, i didnt think it was that crash hot and am working on making it better (16x16 pixels is hard to work with!)
I think that the taskbar/tray buttons can be improved, and thats something we will look at.
The send/recieve button does have a gap in the middle and im looking into that.
But for now im concentrating on getting the dashboard right.
The old devs really slapped this thing together, and left it in a mess, but we will get there Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: