Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:36:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LOCKED] DoubleIcaras/Alexander Adams Collections Thread  (Read 4488 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:01:45 PM

There is now another DI responding on the Internet claiming he is being cyber-stalked by someone seeking to ruin his videogame handle's reputation.

This strikes me as odd for a couple reasons:
1) BTCTalk ("fake") DI changed his avatar to something generic after it became obvious he wasn't going to repay. Before, he was using the same avatar as is used by the so-claimed "real" DI. If DI wanted to make a fuss over the "real" DI, why would "fake" DI not use an identifying avatar?

2) Everywhere, users of the handle "DoubleIcaras" claim to live in the Bedfordshire area of the UK, which corresponds to the IP addresses of "fake" DI collected by forum admin. "Real" DI's alleged stalker lives near him, and his chosen venue of harassment is months-long loans he defaulted on, then gave an excuse for?

I do believe that's a sign of getting somewhere.  Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 07:26:01 PM

I also noticed an Icarus (same avatar) also knowledgeable about bitcoins on a similar/related gaming web site.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 11:37:21 PM

Yep, it's the same guy. Seems he saw this thread about him and wondered if he could make a run about it. No chance! Grin
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:08:41 AM

5 days since the last post. Any updates?

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 07:27:30 PM

5 days since the last post. Any updates?

No. His father isn't responding to contact requests and some of the contact information on him is invalid. Without knowing his father *is* his father, and without knowing for sure where he lives, I'm not willing to send sensitive information to the address I have, especially not with everyone's real name on the letter.

If another lender would like to take this up, I'll gladly turn over the written-up document and all information on DI & alleged father I have.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 08:48:10 PM

Did you go onto http://www.intelius.com/?

I think it gets family members, and gets their contact info.

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:18:39 PM

Did you go onto http://www.intelius.com/?

I think it gets family members, and gets their contact info.
Looks to be geared toward US residents, and if it's like many similar sites, only acts to charge for public information.
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 02:05:06 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2012, 02:17:35 PM by Vitaliy

I am wondering if anyone who had given a loan to DoubleIcaras even bothered reading this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60181

He tried to scam me and after it didn't work and I tried to expose his attempt, he started making false accusations - it would have been more than obvious to anyone who had read that thread that he was a scammer, or at the very least, untrustworthy.

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 05:57:02 PM

I am wondering if anyone who had given a loan to DoubleIcaras even bothered reading this thread:

He tried to scam me and after it didn't work and I tried to expose his attempt, he started making false accusations - it would have been more than obvious to anyone who had read that thread that he was a scammer, or at the very least, untrustworthy.

Not a case of not bothering to read, but I didn't read all 228 posts of his history.  And the search function isn't especially useful.  Thank you for point it out.  Presumably the delivery address will match the one Burt has (you might want to pm him).
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2012, 07:13:30 PM

Not a case of not bothering to read, but I didn't read all 228 posts of his history.  And the search function isn't especially useful.  Thank you for point it out.  Presumably the delivery address will match the one Burt has (you might want to pm him).
Vitaliy,

Patrick was a bit confused.  Kluge is in charge of this collection thread, I am in charge of a different one.  So, when you get a chance could you please PM the delivery address you have to Kluge.  It would help us greatly to verify we have the correct address.

Thanks!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 07:52:26 PM

Sorry, must be me being a starfish and all.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 07:54:43 PM

Vitaliy,

Patrick was a bit confused.  Kluge is in charge of this collection thread, I am in charge of a different one.  So, when you get a chance could you please PM the delivery address you have to Kluge.  It would help us greatly to verify we have the correct address.

Thanks!
I am no longer heading up the collections. I can turn over the letter written up along with all collected info. DI's dad hasn't replied to my contact requests, and some of the collected information is no longer valid. So, I don't want to send sensitive information to the address we have for him. There's now question whether or not "DI" is "DI," and I've been unable to verify DI's dad is DI's dad.
hongus

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 08:52:29 PM

Vitaliy,

Thanks!
I am no longer heading up the collections. I can turn over the letter written up along with all collected info. DI's dad hasn't replied to my contact requests, and some of the collected information is no longer valid. So, I don't want to send sensitive information to the address we have for him. There's now question whether or not "DI" is "DI," and I've been unable to verify DI's dad is DI's dad.

Can't you just release his sensitive information to the public? I mean this guy did scam a shitton of money from you guys.

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 09:15:40 PM

Vitaliy,

Thanks!

Can't you just release his sensitive information to the public? I mean this guy did scam a shitton of money from you guys.
I could, but I will not. Another DI who is the "real" DI claims his identity is being stolen. I'm about 80% certain BTCTalk DI is the "real" DI, but that's enough to make me uncomfortable. I am willing to turn over the information to another lender and their standards for dox'ing someone can be whatever they like.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 09:22:26 PM

doesn't it all boil down to whether the info that you have on DI in rl is correct or not, he's a scammer so depending on how bright he is then a lot of that info may be just him doing identity theft & dissimulation, if you can establish his rl ID then I'd say he was doomed - a bunch of anons who know that for sure, so that there's no repercussions to them for whatever dastardly revenge they may plot & even execute, but after the fact looks too late to me to be sure of who an online person may be in rl when you're dealing with a con artist & it would be wrong to persecute whoever's ID he may be spoofing if that's the case

in future when lending over $1,500 or whatever it was, insist that the perp (sry - person) gets on Skype to live shows their mug, plus ID like driver's license/passport/ID card for screen shots, utility bill for 'know where you live', bank statement - this should not show -£1,000s btw, proof of work if the loan is to fund an event etc

anyway, horse's (BTC) bolted - live n' learn

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
hongus

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:02:30 PM

doesn't it all boil down to whether the info that you have on DI in rl is correct or not, he's a scammer so depending on how bright he is then a lot of that info may be just him doing identity theft & dissimulation, if you can establish his rl ID then I'd say he was doomed - a bunch of anons who know that for sure, so that there's no repercussions to them for whatever dastardly revenge they may plot & even execute, but after the fact looks too late to me to be sure of who an online person may be in rl when you're dealing with a con artist & it would be wrong to persecute whoever's ID he may be spoofing if that's the case

in future when lending over $1,500 or whatever it was, insist that the perp (sry - person) gets on Skype to live shows their mug, plus ID like driver's license/passport/ID card for screen shots, utility bill for 'know where you live', bank statement - this should not show -£1,000s btw, proof of work if the loan is to fund an event etc

I think we don't just move on. We gotta rape the shit out of this guy. Make an example out of him and let people know that we rape people.

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:06:53 PM

I think we don't just move on. We gotta rape the shit out of this guy. Make an example out of him and let people know that we rape people.
o.O

No. The motto in the Skype lending room is "Quickest Vulture Gets the Carcass" not "We gonna rape defaulters." That said, when I was going to sleep last night, I thought about cutting off the head of a dear for a Youtube video, then with me wearing the fresh-cut head, then sending that to all potential lendees to seem intimidating. I'm still considering it.
hongus

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:14:48 PM

o.O

No. The motto in the Skype lending room is "Quickest Vulture Gets the Carcass" not "We gonna rape defaulters." That said, when I was going to sleep last night, I thought about cutting off the head of a dear for a Youtube video, then with me wearing the fresh-cut head, then sending that to all potential lendees to seem intimidating. I'm still considering it.

Any deer head raping? If yes, I approve

marked

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:54:05 PM

in future when lending over $1,500 or whatever it was, insist that the perp (sry - person) gets on Skype to live shows their mug, plus ID like driver's license/passport/ID card for screen shots, ...

face substitution http://vimeo.com/29348533

marked
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 06:56:01 PM

Vitaliy,

Thanks!

Unfortunately, his final PM to me on that matter was a request to "delete my shipping address and such also". This was sent before he started the false accusations, so I obliged.

The best thing I could think of to recover it would be to ask theymos if there is a history or log of deleted PMs.

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: