Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:19:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We must add the ability to rate on bitcoin-otc.com  (Read 921 times)
chsados (OP)

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 01:10:50 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2012, 02:34:18 AM by chsados

It seems kind of silly to expect people to read a wiki page in order to use the web of trust.  Instead, there must be an easy way to allow the rating of people via the website.  In order to authenticate a user an irc bot could be used to extrapolate information from a webform and communicate with gribble.  I don't have the the technical skills to do this but I bet one of you do!

If this were done, it would allow the layman to easily rate users, thus generating a better and more reliable web of trust.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 01:26:09 AM

It seems kind of silly to expect people to read a wiki page in order to use the web of trust.  Instead, there must be an easy way to allow the rating of people via the website.  In order to authenticate a user an irc bot could be used to extrapolate information from a webform and communicate with gribble.  I don't the the technical skills to do this but I bet one of you do!

If this were done, it would allow the layman to easily rate users, thus generating a better and more reliable web of trust.

Oh, you mean we're supposed to trust people's use of pathetic passwords as a means to secure their identities? hmmm... NO!

There's a step by step guide AND a youtube video.  It isn't that hard, really.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
chsados (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 01:50:48 AM

It seems kind of silly to expect people to read a wiki page in order to use the web of trust.  Instead, there must be an easy way to allow the rating of people via the website.  In order to authenticate a user an irc bot could be used to extrapolate information from a webform and communicate with gribble.  I don't the the technical skills to do this but I bet one of you do!

Oh, you mean we're supposed to trust people's use of pathetic passwords as a means to secure their identities? hmmm... NO!

There's a step by step guide AND a youtube video.  It isn't that hard, really.

i may have not efficiently got what i was trying to propose across.  basicly the user would still have to upload their pgp keys to the server, but i propose a web based gribble bot that communicates with irc to authenticate the user as you would in irc anyways.
chsados (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 02:33:37 AM

I'll sell you a copy of "Python for Dummies" for 3.5BTC

im telling you, im a hopeless programmer.  ive failed the intro classes in college twice now Sad  in fact, i have a php book somewhere already from that class!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: