Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:04:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting a Person on a Block Chain  (Read 3836 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:04:48 AM

My brother died a little over a year ago now, and his death made me wish that there was a way to have kept him alive digitally. I found a thread about putting a human consciousness on the block chain, but I can not find that thread anymore. So I thought I would make a new one.

What do you guys think about the possibility of a human consciousness being placed on a block chain?

First someone would have to create a block chain that could answer questions, as a model (and I have heard of people using block chains for file storage, so I do not see why that would be hard, and the Watson computer used Wikipedia to win Jeopardy.) Then once there was a block chain that could be mined for answers, then eventually someone could maybe find a way to imprint their actual human being into the block chain.

ECG and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation are probably good things to look in to for this.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:04:29 AM

Not quite sure the blockchain would be the funnest place to have your mind trapped in
Maybe a MMORPG playing a game forever or three dimesnional reality but Jepoardy bot is the closet we have (Watson) in AI
But if a robot passes the Turing test then it can be seen as intelligent.

phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 08:41:15 AM

Block-chain technology is not suitable for storing massive amounts of data. It's sole purpose is deciding the order of transactions and publishing them.

I was not aware of the 2013 thread on the same subject.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:10:55 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 01:04:53 PM by Meuh6879

stop viewing "transendance" movie ...  Roll Eyes
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:19:32 AM

My brother died a little over a year ago now, and his death made me wish that there was a way to have kept him alive digitally. I found a thread about putting a human consciousness on the block chain, but I can not find that thread anymore. So I thought I would make a new one.

What do you guys think about the possibility of a human consciousness being placed on a block chain?

First someone would have to create a block chain that could answer questions, as a model (and I have heard of people using block chains for file storage, so I do not see why that would be hard, and the Watson computer used Wikipedia to win Jeopardy.) Then once there was a block chain that could be mined for answers, then eventually someone could maybe find a way to imprint their actual human being into the block chain.

ECG and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation are probably good things to look in to for this.

First of all, sorry for the loss...

Forget blockchain. It is not yet possible to store a human mind in a local machine, except for some sci-fi movie.

What u can do is mine a block and emboss his name in the header.

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:22:10 AM

Technical and philosophical uncertainties aside, I don't thing a blockchain is a suitable medium for humanlike consciousness. A blockchain exists to lock down a state irrevocably, and state changes are encoded in new blocks referring to the old ones. If you think the Bitcoin blockchain is bloated. just try storing every neural operation in one... Besides, neural rewiring, malleability of memory etc. seem like pretty important parts of being a live person to me.

We'll just have to do with our memories of those lost for now.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:08:08 PM

finshaggy.. please put the weed away when you are watching transcendence.. whats next you want to pretend you thought it up first..

do something productive with bitcoin, your fantasies are not making bitcoin stronger..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:06:00 PM

finshaggy.. please put the Scooby-Dope away when you are watching transcendence.. whats next you want to pretend you thought it up first..

do something productive with bitcoin, your Frankenseeds are not making bitcoin stronger..

FTFY
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:01:55 PM

Not quite sure the blockchain would be the funnest place to have your mind trapped in
Maybe a MMORPG playing a game forever or three dimesnional reality but Jepoardy bot is the closet we have (Watson) in AI

I am not saying that I have cracked the code or solved for x or anything, I am just saying that a Blockchain could probably hold a mind better than any hardware and software or ANY hierarchy of systems without a blockchain.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:02:38 PM

Block-chain technology is not suitable for storing massive amounts of data. It's sole purpose is deciding the order of transactions and publishing them.

I was not aware of the 2013 thread on the same subject.

Thank you for finding that. I don't know why I couldn't.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:03:30 PM

stop viewing "transendance" movie ...  Roll Eyes

I have actually never seen that movie, lol.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:04:32 PM

First of all, sorry for the loss...

Forget blockchain. It is not yet possible to store a human mind in a local machine, except for some sci-fi movie.

What u can do is mine a block and emboss his name in the header.

I don't expect to be able to put HIM on the block chain, that is just when I thought of it. I was just suggesting it for someone else, and for a possible AI.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:06:56 PM

Technical and philosophical uncertainties aside, I don't thing a blockchain is a suitable medium for humanlike consciousness. A blockchain exists to lock down a state irrevocably, and state changes are encoded in new blocks referring to the old ones. If you think the Bitcoin blockchain is bloated. just try storing every neural operation in one... Besides, neural rewiring, malleability of memory etc. seem like pretty important parts of being a live person to me.

Watch this. This guy is the CLOSEST IN THE WORLD to achieving Artificial Intelligence. And to me it seems like he is missing a block chain to make the computer more than a computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG_nOddk01E

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:09:11 PM

finshaggy.. please put the weed away when you are watching transcendence.. whats next you want to pretend you thought it up first..

do something productive with bitcoin, your fantasies are not making bitcoin stronger..

LOL

First, I have never seen transcendence.
Second, I clearly stated where I got the idea. So clearly that someone else was able to go out and find the thread I was talking about even though they had never seen it before, so... Yeah.

Maybe get your head out of your ass. And stop smelling your own farts. For Bitcoin.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:12:30 PM

And, thinking back on the concept I am pretty sure I read about a universal web of artificial intelligence in the 2nd Ender's Game book, called: Speaker for the Dead. Where Ender has an AI bluetooth that lives in the internet and can move between planets, and even discovers how to step outside of space and time.

So if anything, Transcendence copied THEM. I didn't copy transcendence. I have never even seen it.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:31:28 PM

either way, stick with reality and documentaries, your weed filled mind and science fiction stories is not going to help bitcoin expand.. and makes your posts belong in off-topic or trashcan,,

you have no knowledge of estimates of data requirements to hold every thought, image, memory and logic rule that corresponds to a human mind.

you have no blockchain experience to make it possible to hold this data..

basically why would every bitcoin node on earth want to store your brother...

bitcoin is about everyone having a copy of a ledger/database/data. AI would work on a central datacenter, which had internet access to get information from the planet... NOT have millions of copies of a human on everyone computer..

AI reality would be stored centrally with access to the world.. it wont be decentralised

now please take your non bitcoin fantasies to a sci-fi forum, and stop trying to use this forum for your fantasies simply by finding the most limpest and weakest possible way to use the word bitcoin in your dream. in an attempt to make it tolerated to be posted here.

please cut down on the weed and when using this forum, try to stick to reality and actual things that would actually help bitcoin expand

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:42:51 PM

either way, stick with reality and documentaries, your weed filled mind and science fiction stories is not going to help bitcoin expand.. and makes your posts belong in off-topic or trashcan,,

you have no knowledge of estimates of data requirements to hold every thought, image, memory and logic rule that corresponds to a human mind.

you have no blockchain experience to make it possible to hold this data..

basically why would every bitcoin node on earth want to store your brother...

bitcoin is about everyone having a copy of a ledger/database/data. AI would work on a central datacenter, which had internet access to get information from the planet... NOT have millions of copies of a human on everyone computer..

AI reality would be stored centrally with access to the world.. it wont be decentralised

now please take your non bitcoin fantasies to a sci-fi forum, and stop trying to use this forum for your fantasies simply by finding the most limpest and weakest possible way to use the word bitcoin in your dream. in an attempt to make it tolerated to be posted here.

please cut down on the weed and when using this forum, try to stick to reality and actual things that would actually help bitcoin expand

LOL

Do you feel like you know me somehow?
Did me talking about making a town make you feel like we were close or something?

Even if you have seen a picture of me (many people have) what makes you think you can start saying what I do and do not know?

You are a sad troll. Please, get a life and make threads that WILL help bitcoin instead of pretending that shit talking a stranger (me) is doing anything progressive.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:25:11 PM

Watch this. This guy is the CLOSEST IN THE WORLD to achieving Artificial Intelligence. And to me it seems like he is missing a block chain to make the computer more than a computer.

We may someday soon achieve strong AI, but it will always be artificial.

There will never be "spiritual machines" or true
consciousness/awareness in a computer.

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:56:48 PM

How will physical reality be able to distinguish between machines created by evolution and machines created by man in a lab?

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:08:03 PM

How will physical reality be able to distinguish between machines created by evolution and machines created by man in a lab?

This depends on one's philosophical position.
If you are a material reductionist like Kurzweil, you would say it can't.

But I would disagree, as I believe consciousness is primary and
does not originate from the physical domain.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:15:49 PM

There is a possibility for this in the future. MRI resolution would be the key. If you can scan all of the synapses in a brain you might capture the personality. Building a machine with enough processing power to support an entire human personality is not as big of a technical issue but one you would have to consider as well. It is an intellectually intriguing idea, but would it be ethical to trap a human in a machine? 

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:18:26 PM

But if we can achieve randomness within a hierarchy of systems that have extreme sensory input, we can get very close.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:21:05 PM

There is a possibility for this in the future. MRI resolution would be the key. If you can scan all of the synapses in a brain you might capture the personality. Building a machine with enough processing power to support an entire human personality is not as big of a technical issue but one you would have to consider as well. It is an intellectually intriguing idea, but would it be ethical to trap a human in a machine? 

I think that if the person were in the machine, they would still be alive. It would probably be more like a clone, ready to be copied off the computer, but instead of putting it in a body, you put it on a blockchain.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:31:09 PM

And we can now put people's DNA into 1s and 0s.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=677912

EternalWingsofGod

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:56:32 AM

I am not saying that I have cracked the code or solved for x or anything, I am just saying that a Blockchain could probably hold a mind better than any hardware and software or ANY hierarchy of systems without a blockchain.

In that case I would say that seems right, that or store it in a DNA cell seems like the future
If it evolves transplant that data storage or mind into an organic construct
Basically creating intelligent life instead of a blockchain storage.
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134672-harvard-cracks-dna-storage-crams-700-terabytes-of-data-into-a-single-gram

But it's hard to store a brain with ideas and thoughts maybe possible but not now.

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:58:33 AM

U could always "make a friend".  But your "friend" died.  Maybe u should just accept the fact that Jesus died for your sins so u don't HAVE to write a computer virus that emulates him

i am here.
yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:50:01 PM

Our 'minds', 'souls', 'spirit' and consciousness are all physical in nature. Thousands of years of research have shown that our brains comprise and produce our true selves. Souls and spirits do not exist. Our bodies run themselves. We know from cases of brain damage and the effects of psychoactive drugs, that our experiences are caused by physical chemistry acting on our physical neurones in our brains.

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:18:58 PM

i don't miss no one.  maybe G-d defines who we should live with.  cause everyone that is dead i don't want them in my life (excluding you Amy Winehouse  Tongue)

i am here.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:19:26 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 02:30:31 PM by jonald_fyookball

Our 'minds', 'souls', 'spirit' and consciousness are all physical in nature. Thousands of years of research have shown that our brains comprise and produce our true selves. Souls and spirits do not exist. Our bodies run themselves. We know from cases of brain damage and the effects of psychoactive drugs, that our experiences are caused by physical chemistry acting on our physical neurones in our brains.

You're certainly entitled to that viewpoint,
and it could be considered the more "scientific" one.

I say souls do exist and that reality manifests itself on multiple
planes of existence simultaneously.  For example,
love is real, but also may be expressed in the physical
domain by neurons firing in the brain.

WtwkG

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:24:39 PM

Possibilities of modern science are amazing so it seems fantastic only on the first sight
yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:20:18 PM

Evidence is everything, without evidence all you have is opinion. There will always be someone with an opposite opinion to yours. The sum of all opinions is zero, rendering them utterly worthless.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:25:35 PM

Evidence is everything, without evidence all you have is opinion. There will always be someone with an opposite opinion to yours. The sum of all opinions is zero, rendering them utterly worthless.

Science and spirituality are two different realms.  You cannot prove love, God, or spirit.
If your intuition doesn't tell you that science is not necessarily the ultimate truth,
then there is little I can do to convince you otherwise, and that is ok.

although for entertainment purposes, I suggest you check out the movie
"what the bleep do we know?"

yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:42:29 PM

Science and spirituality are two different realms.  You cannot prove love, God, or spirit.
If your intuition doesn't tell you that science is not necessarily the ultimate truth,

My intuition tells me that science is the only path to the truth. So where does that get us? Nowhere. Again this demonstrates the importance of evidence.

although for entertainment purposes, I suggest you check out the movie
"what the bleep do we know?"

Yes, I've seen it. A lot of good science interspersed with pseudo-science inorder to mezmorize the gullible.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:55:38 PM

My intuition tells me that science is the only path to the truth. So where does that get us? Nowhere. Again this demonstrates the importance of evidence.

One must follow their own intuition and path
to the truth, and I respect your opinion.

My intuition tells me something different and
my experiential reality is the evidence of it.
There have been many prominent
scientists who also believed in God.

yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:07:25 PM

to the truth

Just because we believe something that doesn't make it true.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:09:46 PM

to the truth

Just because we believe something that doesn't make it true.

Agreed.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:36:29 PM

In that case I would say that seems right, that or store it in a DNA cell seems like the future
If it evolves transplant that data storage or mind into an organic construct
Basically creating intelligent life instead of a blockchain storage.
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134672-harvard-cracks-dna-storage-crams-700-terabytes-of-data-into-a-single-gram

But it's hard to store a brain with ideas and thoughts maybe possible but not now.

Wait, so you think we will one day put 1s and 0s on DNA and that that will constitute artificial computer life?

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:39:15 PM

The soul is the Shadow. "Swt" to the ancient Egyptians. It can be captured in a Silhouette, a Statue and probably a Picture/Video, they just didn't have those yet.

Then there is "Ren" the name of a thing, which is another concept of soul.

Then there is the Personality. "Ba"?
The Life Spark. "Ka"

Then there is the Heart, which circulates the blood and is another form of soul.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:55:11 PM

Yup. Searle's paper was one of the first that I read when studying Artificial Intelligence. I don't believe that we will ever achieve Strong AI, but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible, just because I can't comprehend it.

Going back to the OP, I don't see how a blockchain would provide a suitable model for querying. There is a lot of work using neural networks, multi-layered perceptron etc for providing decisions based on information seen.

The real skill is how do you model the knowledge such that it has features which are comparable and there to be queried. You could build a rudimentary model, but the responses would be somewhat contrived. Also the best training when building such a model would include the person themselves, in addition to other people such as family, friends, co-workers etc.

Sorry to hear about your brother's passing btw, it's interesting that you are seeking ways to preserve his life. Sometimes memories are not enough.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:54:00 PM

Yup. Searle's paper was one of the first that I read when studying Artificial Intelligence. I don't believe that we will ever achieve Strong AI, but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible, just because I can't comprehend it.

Going back to the OP, I don't see how a blockchain would provide a suitable model for querying. There is a lot of work using neural networks, multi-layered perceptron etc for providing decisions based on information seen.

The real skill is how do you model the knowledge such that it has features which are comparable and there to be queried. You could build a rudimentary model, but the responses would be somewhat contrived. Also the best training when building such a model would include the person themselves, in addition to other people such as family, friends, co-workers etc.

Sorry to hear about your brother's passing btw, it's interesting that you are seeking ways to preserve his life. Sometimes memories are not enough.

The Block chain could process questions like transactions, and the hash rate would be the thinking speed of the AI. And people around the world could ask questions and join the network to help keep the bot alive.

Eventually it could even be a system of bots that all worked on one hive mind and there could be like teddy bears that answer questions for kids.

I am not trying to preserve him, I understand that his mind is gone. I preserve him in my own ways.

p2pbucks

Activity: 642

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:00:15 AM

consider how much data a human body could produce (maybe trillion trillion TB size Shocked ), normal blockchain concept isn't suit for that .You need a super bitcloud-chain
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:56:22 AM

consider how much data a human body could produce (maybe trillion trillion TB size Shocked ), normal blockchain concept isn't suit for that .You need a super bitcloud-chain

Yeah you're right about how much it can produce, but it would be a model, and therefore an estimation of the human mind. You would be storing the information gain, not the raw data itself.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:15:51 PM

I Was thinking it could be a network of computers all connected via Blockchain.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:16:30 PM

Kinda like Bitcoin, but the transactions are questions.

U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:21:24 AM

yes,u can try this www.proofofexistence.com

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:28:29 AM

But the blockchain is all about redundancy. The data is stored redundantly across many nodes, which is what makes it robust to failures, rather than distributed across clients in some proportionate manner.

BitsBitsBits

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:34:15 AM

You should watch the movie Transcendence, it's literally about copying the consciousness and storing it on a computer and thus keeping the person alive, in a way.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:47:50 PM

But the blockchain is all about redundancy. The data is stored redundantly across many nodes, which is what makes it robust to failures, rather than distributed across clients in some proportionate manner.

I think being broadcast across a global network could solve this, and hierarchies of systems to be used as brains.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:27:25 AM

I think being broadcast across a global network could solve this, and hierarchies of systems to be used as brains.

Sure, you could use grid computing as a means for calculations just as Bitcoin does for hashing solutions when processing blocks.

The storage itself i.e. the Blockchain is stored redundantly and therefore that cannot be shared out. There would surely have to be a central location for storing the ruleset (knowledge base).

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:27:16 PM

cryptopher, relax dont try teach bitcoin-hotep (finshaggy) he is in his own dreamworld.

he is not understanding that the block data on my pc matches 100% the blockdata on your pc. meaning for him to put his little brother onto the blockchain, a full copy of all memory's, logic choices and images that build up a consciousness would be in full, 100% on my PC and 100% on your PC..

why would we want him on my or your pc..

bitcoins are not the technology for storage of human consciousness, because there would be thousands of complete copies of a single human on every persons pc. the consciousness is not spread where a single memory is on mine, a single memory is on yours and the peer-to-peer connections bring the two together.. that is not a bitcoin blockchain.. its where EVERY memory is on mine and VERY memory is on yours.

bitcoin-hotep(finshaggy) is deluded in all his dreams, he makes up fantasy stories and does money grabs, he even blackmailed his own mother and step father. the only reason he is here is by making up a unrelated fantasy. and then spends some time to find a way to mention the word 'bitcoin' in his fantasy, to then, in his mind make it relevant to be posted on this forum. Because in simple terms, no one wants to read it anywhere else unless he tries to make his dreams relevant to other readers.

this dream is irrelevant to bitcoin and so he needs to stop with the dreams and to start actually doing something that is truly related to bitcoin. (i have told him this many times.. kind of weird he has not understood how off-topic his mind is)

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:40:07 PM

It would be impossible given both the theoretical constraints (how do you define human nature with a set of rules?) and the technological constraints (even if you could the amount of space you would require I'd wager would be beyond what we have today or anywhere in the near future). Not to mention you'd probably create a ridiculously inaccurate portrayal of the human your trying to copy; it just cannot be done.
dadugan

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:47:22 PM

You watch too many sci-fi movies. There is no such thing as storing someone consciousness.
EternalWingsofGod

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:56:32 AM

You watch too many sci-fi movies. There is no such thing as storing someone consciousness.

Yet, we do not know the future or we would have built computers 1000 years ago Smiley

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:29:39 AM

Not YET there isn't.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: