Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:35:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin "Generators/Hacking" Software  (Read 4894 times)
Yakamoto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:50:33 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 04:11:49 AM by Yakamoto

Well, I was browsing YouTube, with the innocent search of "Bitcoin" as my Query.

Scrolling through, I saw a video that said "BitCoin Generator BitCoin Hack", as well as about 3 other videos, which had "Hacking software" that allows you to create Bitcoins for free, no mining required, and gave you as many BTC as you wanted (Apparently past 21 million).

There are numerous other videos like this, and to be honest, I am thoroughly and honestly disgusted with what people have stooped down to. Things like these are the most retarded pieces of crap I've ever seen, and I just cannot believe why there are these people that create these things. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I really want to go on a rant, but I think that something has to be done about this that doesn't involve another 40,000 characters.

Quote a comment on one said video, made in February/March, from a "Buzz Beaver"
People are already talking about this is one of the reasons why bitcoin prices are dropping. Let's make some more coins before it drops further Cheesy

EDIT: Some people really are just clueless. (Most people already know this is a false statement, just some brain-dead child.)

I just cannot believe the stupidity of the populace, and I eagerly await the day I can punch people through the internet.

And for those of you who don't know, I guarantee 100% of these are viruses, or dumbed-down mining software copies containing viruses.

Does anyone else feel angry at this, or am I the only one?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:02:41 AM

All software like that is 100% virus, they contain virus
they might can stole your BTC

But, video like that still on youtube. Because there are still dumb people out here

I feel angry too, not only you

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
drippx

Activity: 539
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:17:34 AM

Its not 100% virus , maybe some, but some are just to get you to signup somewhere, where they make money off of it, while there is no software or a fake
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:47:12 AM

There are always people out there trying to prey on the ill informed. As early adopters I think it is our responsibility to point it out when we see it and to make it easy for new bit coiners to avoid such scams.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 08:00:29 AM

-snip-

I stopped caring. Virus in mails, viruses in hacked games, viruses in pirated music (here its a self executing zip file, just click on it), viruses in filesharing software, viruses everywhere. The Internet is new, its just a darwinian process of those that can not or do not educated themselfes. Hell, some still fall for the crap thats advertised on TV.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:26:10 AM

I am just glad my parents are not involved in BTC.

They still fall for the "Hi we are from microsoft and need to access your PC to fix it......................"

Sad

jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:32:02 AM

Funny you mention Microsoft.  It should b categorized as malware.  Just say'in.  Lol
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:47:58 PM

People need to use their common sense. I'm sure there are some noobs that actually believe this shit, and they will find out everything is fake when their pc is infected  Cheesy

Yakamoto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:53:49 PM

People need to use their common sense. I'm sure there are some noobs that actually believe this shit, and they will find out everything is fake when their pc is infected  Cheesy

Nah, they'll cry and whine on the forum and say "Bitcoin isn't secure!" and we'll have to go and respond, etc.

They believe this, and it's actually pretty sad to see, although it looks like the intellectual community is promptly fighting these videos, as comments and ratings are commonly disabled. Maybe people stopped falling for this...?

I fully agree, however.

And thanks to everyone who responded, it was nice to see what people thought of this.

And judging by the number of views, people wanted a piece of software, not a discussion. Quite entertaining, looks like people believe stuff like what we discussed exist.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:00:03 PM

only newbie will fall for that trick
i'm sure that link contains virus/spyware/keylogger
if they have a trick to hack BTC, why they must share it for free? LOL Cheesy
and no bitcoin generator except mining it

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:06:08 PM

Well, I was browsing YouTube, with the innocent search of "Bitcoin" as my Query.

Scrolling through, I saw a video that said "BitCoin Generator BitCoin Hack", as well as about 3 other videos, which had "Hacking software" that allows you to create Bitcoins for free, no mining required, and gave you as many BTC as you wanted (Apparently past 21 million).

There are numerous other videos like this, and to be honest, I am thoroughly and honestly disgusted with what people have stooped down to. Things like these are the most retarded pieces of crap I've ever seen, and I just cannot believe why there are these people that create these things. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I really want to go on a rant, but I think that something has to be done about this that doesn't involve another 40,000 characters.

Quote a comment on one said video, made in February/March, from a "Buzz Beaver"
People are already talking about this is one of the reasons why bitcoin prices are dropping. Let's make some more coins before it drops further Cheesy

EDIT: Some people really are just clueless. (Most people already know this is a false statement, just some brain-dead child.)

I just cannot believe the stupidity of the populace, and I eagerly await the day I can punch people through the internet.

And for those of you who don't know, I guarantee 100% of these are viruses, or dumbed-down mining software copies containing viruses.

The one OP is talking about is practically an Alt coin generator which does not communicate with other Bitcoin nodes. Hence one guy can create 21M tokens assuming all are Bitcoin, but the whole process is actually worthless.

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:13:35 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 03:26:01 PM by inBitweTrust

It pisses me off as well. There are a few assholes that create multiple accounts a day and upload a bunch of videos to them. Some even are sending fake or paid traffic to the videos in hopes that it will rank higher.

The best thing you can do is flag the videos by clicking the report flag >  Select Spam or misleading > Select Scams or fraud > Than in the description write "Scam to steal bitcoins" or something and click submit.

You can open up 3 tabs and copy the description to knock em down quickly and google will shutdown and remove these videos and accounts. After 3 you will have to fill out a captcha before flagging more.

we cannot stop this but if enough people spend 30 seconds a day flagging 3 each, the videos  would start getting shutdown so quickly that the scammers will give up because its not worth their time.

FYI.... commenting on them and down voting them isn't worth your time. Just because you see your comment doesn't mean other can see it. Just because you no longer see the videos doesn't mean others can't see it. If you wanted to verify you would have to do so from another Ip with a vpn or proxy. It takes a little time and multiple independent flags to take down an account.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:25:47 PM

no one generated bitcoin thats all bullshit  . thats just virus a.k.a trojan of rat . and who have spread thats virus will monitoring your activity live . include when you type 2fa he still can break you .
becarefull . everybody want rich as fast.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:59:19 PM

maybe its the government trying to spread missinformation

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Saffronix

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:18:56 PM

People are actually making these? Wow...
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:55:44 PM

You can't be serious? The government doesn't need to make these videos, there are plenty of scum who will so people complete surveys and they get paid. If the government did it, there would be a chance for them getting caught and it being made public, the government doesn't want to look threatened by a digital currency.

Definitely not the government, they wouldn't waste their time.   It is most likely a virus or some sort of ploy to steal information or coins from unsuspecting users...
validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:08:48 PM

You can't be serious? The government doesn't need to make these videos, there are plenty of scum who will so people complete surveys and they get paid. If the government did it, there would be a chance for them getting caught and it being made public, the government doesn't want to look threatened by a digital currency.

Definitely not the government, they wouldn't waste their time.   It is most likely a virus or some sort of ploy to steal information or coins from unsuspecting users...

Just don't download any software that they tell you to, its just kids trying to spread malware so they can get you wallet passwords and other account details. I have come across so many type of videos like these, especially the paypal ones

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:25:29 PM

The one OP is talking about is practically an Alt coin generator which does not communicate with other Bitcoin nodes. Hence one guy can create 21M tokens assuming all are Bitcoin, but the whole process is actually worthless.

no the one the OP is talking about is just a front end with a progress bar that moves along as a slow pace (doing absolutely nothing practical), whilst the back end is installing keyloggers and file transferring your wallet.dat file.

people will always fall for these scams because greedy outweighs common sense. there is no such thing as too good to be true for some people as some people think they have nothing to lose.

the kind of good thing is that those that do fall for this trick are usually those that have not yet got into bitcoin enough to know how bitcoins work, thus they have nothing or very little to take.

still, if you come across a youtube video advertising such scams.. report it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
d3stroy

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:35:45 PM

The words Bitcoin + hack sounds like SCAM for me, lol.

Don't trust this kind of videos and tutorials because they're mostly virus for your computers or mining rigs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: