Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 11:42:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspbery Pi based Feathercoin Price Ticker  (Read 333 times)
tmuir12 (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:40:32 PM

I've been having a bit of play around with python the last few days and put myself together a Raspbery Pi based Feathercoin 'Ticker' to display the Feathercoin value in Australian Dollars using the feathercoin API.

It can be easily adapted to other currencies, or to display other information available from the API.

The Raspbery in the photo is my spare Pi, but I plan to put this on my Pi that is running my ASICs as it runs 24 x 7.

The LCD is a cheap 20 x 4 display I got off ebay a while back.

Only downside is it is 5V whilst Raspberry Pi are 3.3V.

I have a Freetronics logic converter on the breadboard so I can connect the display to the PI safely.

But you can use any logic converters and there are plenty on ebay for just a couple of dollars.

At the moment it is set up every 30 seconds to get the current value of FTC from the API and display it

The low and high values will reset once a week on the beginning of Sunday local time.

The date and time on the bottom is the time it last got the values from the API.

Happy to share the code if anyone is interested, although please be aware this is the first thing I've ever coded in python so I'm bound to of done things in the coding that will horrify real coders.

I'm guessing this would work for any coin that has an API set up for it.

Thanks to uncle_muddy on the Featehrcoin forum for providing the coding for the API call.

FeatherCoin - 6p4gdv9S5YfHznfqxXmdMKEZyGbX9oyphe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: