Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear newbies. I'm giving you Bitcoins!  (Read 1571 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:14:33 AM

I realize that everyone who is new to Bitcoin might want to run to this forum and post something boring about themselves like "HI! HERP DERP! I AM NEW TO BITCOIN!"!

Of course you're f***ing new to Bitcoin, why else would you be posting in the newbies sub-forum?

But that's besides the point.

Many of the newbies here don't know how to get any bitcoins and they find themselves at a loss with all the complicated hassles and hoops they have to jump through just to score some sweet coinage.

Well, until you learn how to walk, I'm willing to spot you some.

Here's the catch--

I don't believe in e-begging, and I barely believe in loans. I do however believe in working hard for the money. So hard for the money.

If you want some bitcoins, send me a PM with your skillset and I'll see if I can use you on any of the dozens of projects we have at the DCAO right now.

Whether it be reading something for me so I don't have to, installing something on a VPS, pushing a red button to take down a website at a specifically prepared time, alerting me daily as to what's going on at a certain GPS coordinate, or any other awesome and interesting non-career jobs, I am willing to pay for your non-talented grunt work.

Now before you go bitch on me and pretend like you're skilled and deserve a job, all I can say is

PROVE IT

There is always room for growth.

In fact, most of my companies I end up giving away to second in command so that I can move on to be more useful in other places.

Don't hesitate. Get your Bitcoin, bitches!

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:02:12 AM

What about non-newbie Starfish?  (otherwise I think it's an awesome idea)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:06:03 AM

Do you pay minimum wage?
Nim

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:08:08 AM

Do you pay minimum wage?
Let me help you find out what country you are from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:09:31 AM

Do you pay minimum wage?

I don't pay per hour. Ever. Paying per hour is a total ripoff. It always has been and it always will be.

Time is worth way much more than money. I graduated 4 years of high school in 1.5 years too. "Time based" rewards are nonsensical to me.

/Atlas moment

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:19:20 AM

Do you pay minimum wage?

I don't pay per hour. Ever. Paying per hour is a total ripoff. It always has been and it always will be.

Time is worth way much more than money. I graduated 4 years of high school in 1.5 years too. "Time based" rewards are nonsensical to me.

/Atlas moment

Seriously, the horrible cliche is indicative of your man-crush.

But, thank you for answering my intended question.
Nim

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:26:23 AM

Do you pay minimum wage?

/Atlas moment
How would you compensate someone who does tech support or operations or a bus driver or any activity that involves being "on watch" for a certain period of time?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:30:26 AM

How would you compensate someone who does tech support

Per call.

or operations

Salary.

or a bus driver

Per trip.

or any activity that involves being "on watch" for a certain period of time?
Salary.

Nim

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:43:39 AM

How would you compensate someone who does tech support

Per call.

or operations

Salary.

or a bus driver

Per trip.

or any activity that involves being "on watch" for a certain period of time?
Salary.
Salary is the same thing as paying per hour. You're still paying for someone's time, it is just sometimes a little more flexible. And you've missed the point of the tech support or the bus driver. They do the same thing as operations. They ARE on watch. They are tasked to do work as needed for a certain period of time. Those are tasks that require your time and that you aren't in control of the amount of work you will have to do. You can't get done quicker if you are skilled or experienced. You must spend a certain segment of time and hence why a time based system is necessary.

Sure, some things are task based and should be paid accordingly. A good example is when I was an auto mechanic. You get paid book time. Do it fast or slow, you get the same amount of money but if you do it fast, you can do more. Or you can go home early. Conversely, that wouldn't work when I was a nuclear reactor plant operator. I have to be there for a certain amount of time. I can't make power quicker and go home. I have to watch to see if anything tries to blow up.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:51:37 AM

Essential roles such as a nuclear reactor plant operator should probably get equity in my book, since the entire company depends on their leadership much more.

You can't get done quicker if you are skilled or experienced.

True for the nuclear reactor example, untrue for the tech support example.

Salary is the same thing as paying per hour. You're still paying for someone's time, it is just sometimes a little more flexible. And you've missed the point of the tech support or the bus driver. They do the same thing as operations. They ARE on watch. They are tasked to do work as needed for a certain period of time. Those are tasks that require your time and that you aren't in control of the amount of work you will have to do. You can't get done quicker if you are skilled or experienced. You must spend a certain segment of time and hence why a time based system is necessary.

Sure, some things are task based and should be paid accordingly. A good example is when I was an auto mechanic. You get paid book time. Do it fast or slow, you get the same amount of money but if you do it fast, you can do more. Or you can go home early. Conversely, that wouldn't work when I was a nuclear reactor plant operator. I have to be there for a certain amount of time. I can't make power quicker and go home. I have to watch to see if anything tries to blow up.

Points taken.

I won't be paying per hour though.

Miner612

Activity: 84

FPGA convert

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 08:48:58 PM

lol @ OP.

This dude is hilarious.

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:04:59 AM

Neat
nomzors

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 11:01:58 AM

Sent you a PM. Ehn, why not?
btctrader22

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 11:52:53 PM

Sent PM
speshlk

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 09:10:16 PM

Sent email.

Regards,
Eric
JennyHill

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 05:09:11 PM

Whenever I join a new forum I always look up who I'm talking to based on past posts. Based on your past posts OP you seem kind of like a nut. I don't know if I should trust you. I know you started all those other businesses like Dialcoin and the Magazine and the video talk thing. I even saw your school pictures from Korea. That still doesn’t convince me. I don’t just work for anyone (that’s the definition of prostitute), why should I trust you as an employer?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:40:27 PM

Whenever I join a new forum I always look up who I'm talking to based on past posts. Based on your past posts OP you seem kind of like a nut. I don't know if I should trust you. I know you started all those other businesses like Dialcoin and the Magazine and the video talk thing. I even saw your school pictures from Korea. That still doesn’t convince me. I don’t just work for anyone (that’s the definition of prostitute), why should I trust you as an employer?

Why should I trust you as an employee?

JennyHill

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:49:52 PM

Why should I trust you as an employee?

You shouldn’t without the proper checks and your employees should reciprocate. 
kunibopl

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:55:11 PM

a few words of the kind of businesses you are into?

NXT: 5231236538923913892
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:26:09 PM

a few words of the kind of businesses you are into?

More important than that would be a list of tasks I would most likely want people to contribute to collaboratively, and that would be:

• website design
  • magazine sales
  • graphics design
  • news collections
  • copy editing
  • Perl programming
  • AutoDesk/CAD design
  • secretarial work

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: