Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 08:04:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Quark Coin worth a Buy?  (Read 4157 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 12:19:00 AM

I don´t mind people disagreeing with the attempt to go for a quick decrease of inflation and I don´t see why it shouldn´t be done in a year or even more instead of 6 months. Fact is that even if it would be 10 years then the main criticism that has been brought to Quark would still apply to every clone and every other crypto: given the fact that crypto is still far away from mainstream every launch gives huge advantages to current miners.
That´s why I think it is not really intelligent to talk about a "badly executed" idea. What matters is if you can get enough creative and powerful people behind you to get your idea going. Every Alt has compared to Bitcoin these problem as it has a good headstart but as long as people are motivated I don´t see why any project with some dozens of supporters can´t be successful in the end.

Good luck to your project anyway!

Let me explain some points:

Decrease of inflation is good because otherwise the currency isn't viable. But quark and other bitcoin-like crypto because of their design are not threatened by inflation (at least in long term), therefore the main concern should be broad adoption and not inflation. If 99% of bitcoins were distributed in the first 6 months it wouldn't have worked. Don't think that it's problem of the timeframe of coin distribution, because if quarkcoin was released by let's say apple or facebook, 6 months or one year would have been enough, but quark devs are not famous or mainstream, so yes 6 month is extremely short.

I don't blame the premine, it's non-sense. A premined currency can work. It's just that early adopters tend to dislike premined currencies, especially because devs endup by dumping and destroy their currency.

And yes a motivated project team can be successful in the end as long as more and more people get involved and embrace the project.

I guess everybody will shut up if quark was distributed in the one week as blackcoin did.

none of those scams count hence no one talks about them.

if there was no reasonable PoW period + Price is valued high = manipulated scam. ( in most cases)

they probably justify it to themselves by saying:

"well its really no different  Bitcoin ! no one knew about it up to first halving then no one can mine it now! so what are we doing wrong !? " 

that's fine, i'm fine with that, what they don't understand is that the market will become more educated not less, so i'm going to get on that side of the market.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: