Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:16:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins that TOTALLY could push Bitcoin to the next level  (Read 3236 times)
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:09:34 AM

LOL...Potcoin, because potheads want a coin that says Pot, so they aren't confused? What exactly do they bring to Bitcoin?

The same could be said of most other coins in the OP. The goal: Pump.
Ngaio

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:38:24 PM

I'd be very interested to learn what is meant by "the next level".
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:58:34 PM

Anything with a country or place name is a moronic idea. It defeats one of the main attractions of any good currency; being accepted by as many people as possible. Why would I use Californiacoin, when I could use Bitcoin, which is accepted by the rest of the world as well?

So, have people never accepted US dollars in another country?

Why make things confusing with hundred currencies worldwide, when we can use one everyone understands and supports...

Fortunatelly crypto coins are decentralized, so using one worldwide mean no one really controls it, no need for hundred currencies
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:40:10 PM

LOL...Potcoin, because potheads want a coin that says Pot, so they aren't confused? What exactly do they bring to Bitcoin?

A COMMUNITY OF PEOPLE WITH COMPUTERS

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:40:47 PM

I meant where it is no longer just a community of fringe developers, mining into centralization.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:41:57 PM

Anything with a country or place name is a moronic idea. It defeats one of the main attractions of any good currency; being accepted by as many people as possible. Why would I use Californiacoin, when I could use Bitcoin, which is accepted by the rest of the world as well?

So, have people never accepted US dollars in another country?

Why make things confusing with hundred currencies worldwide, when we can use one everyone understands and supports...

Fortunatelly crypto coins are decentralized, so using one worldwide mean no one really controls it, no need for hundred currencies

So, you don't think that Bitcoin has more support than it should for a pretty good computer program? It is already larger in market cap than some nations, and is accepted in countries all around the world. It needs decentralization.

Dallas5

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 08:50:37 PM

Coins that TOTALLY could push Bitcoin to the next level

So.. these coins are going to help bitcoin? Or you think footballcoin will be the next bitcoin? I don't get it.

How will these coins help bitcoin?

Is this a list of the coins you own?

So many questions. Cheesy

Dallas5

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 08:52:13 PM

Also how many levels are there?

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:56:37 PM

Coins that TOTALLY could push Bitcoin to the next level

So.. these coins are going to help bitcoin? Or you think footballcoin will be the next bitcoin? I don't get it.

How will these coins help bitcoin?

Is this a list of the coins you own?

So many questions. Cheesy

Football coin Ex: I think Football coin could be Bitcoins gambling coin. There coin be a Football coin exchange and everything, and as long as no money is involved it would be completely legal.

They will help Bitcoin by bringing new people to it, just like they ALL brought people to this website that probably would not have come if it were not for that coin.

No, this is not a list of coin I own.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:57:01 PM

Infinite. We have a whole universe to finance.

BitSlapper

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:33:43 AM

Sums up this thread nicely

BitSlapper      Coin Shield : 2QscvkN2ddvKHhQZD9RjYS6nGXSLSSgQYJ6peCCXV8RNP8FZj2r
Ngaio

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:23:20 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 12:01:39 PM by Ngaio

I meant where it is no longer just a community of fringe developers, mining into centralization.

Thank you for your clarification.

edit:
FWIW, my sense is that at present, coin communities are mostly populated by miners (rather than devs) with a few "civilians" dotted around the edges if your lucky. I see miners as being very important to a coins immediate "health"- especially at launch. Attracting a wider and more varied community w/could enhance a coin's longevity and I agree with the thinking that a coin with clear goals, achievable or idealistic, has a better chance of building a mainstream community.
Aricoin_Mike

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:29:49 PM

On which level are we now?!
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:23:16 PM

Get bitcoin on the news (over and over)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678830

rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:27:43 PM

If the OP means pushing toward a new 'Low level' then I'm totally onboard.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:03:02 AM

Thank you for noticing Carboncoin. Forget the assholes

+ 1

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
djarot

Activity: 350
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:15:29 AM

I am surprised theres no cryptonote altcoins mentioned in your list op! I mean if we talking about 'force to be reckoned with' etc those currencies are going through some crazy period now with all sorts of new features etc.. and a lot of arguing too of course Wink
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:48:45 PM

I am surprised theres no cryptonote altcoins mentioned in your list op! I mean if we talking about 'force to be reckoned with' etc those currencies are going through some crazy period now with all sorts of new features etc.. and a lot of arguing too of course Wink

I don't care what anyone on this forum says. To everyone on the out side, these are the coins that make sense.

cwb27

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:52:31 PM

syscoin will be #1
djarot

Activity: 350
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:10:36 AM

I don't care what anyone on this forum says. To everyone on the out side, these are the coins that make sense.

I respect your opinion, was just curious about such coins not being mentioned and why that may be.. what is your opinion of cryptonote based coins in that case?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: