Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big loss  (Read 3836 times)
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:12:46 AM

i bought 2000$ litecoins at 11.8$ , 2 months ago   Embarrassed
please advise me sell it or wait ? or change it with darkcoin or what ? Huh

Very difficult but maybe your idea to move to darkcoin is smarter
It's at low people scared after darksend bug
But strong and developing with a nice future may be worth a risk that or diversify holdings / dollar cost average litecoin down again/ cheaper entry cost.

Ummm, no. Not sure that is such sound advice. I know there are a lot of trapped DRK holders that would love for more buyers (Wink), but DRK is a pretty dangerous buy. Bottom fishing at this point, could find some bounces, but it looks like it could fall a lot further.

dkblueman

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:14:50 AM

Sell and get out. The alt coins are different to bitcoin, I don't see any reason why litecoin will increase in value again. It has had its time.

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:14:54 AM

i bought 2000$ litecoins at 11.8$ , 2 months ago   Embarrassed
please advise me sell it or wait ? or change it with darkcoin or what ? Huh

Very difficult but maybe your idea to move to darkcoin is smarter
It's at low people scared after darksend bug
But strong and developing with a nice future may be worth a risk that or diversify holdings / dollar cost average litecoin down again/ cheaper entry cost.

Ummm, no. Not sure that is such sound advice. I know there are a lot of trapped DRK holders that would love for more buyers (Wink), but DRK is a pretty dangerous buy. Bottom fishing at this point, could find some bounces, but it looks like it could fall a lot further.

Maybe your right was reading darkcoin news just feels like it relates to OP's predicament.
Says 30 D low
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/darkcoin-price-falls-30-day-low-peercoin-briefly-rises-4/2014/07/05

Darkcoin and Peercoin Metric Analysis

The consistent fall of the Darkcoin price should trouble investors who bought in at prices close to double its present value. However, DarkSend development continues to move forward, and Darkcoin boasts strength in several key areas, including developer involvement and market liquidity. CoinGecko, a cryptocurrency market analysis site that measures a number of factors to determine the strength of a coin, still ranks Darkcoin’s metric score fourth, behind only Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin. Peercoin, in contrast, sits in eleventh place due to its low liquidity levels (relative to the other major coins). Darkcoin investors should hesitate to prematurely sell their holdings.

CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:18:01 AM

Sell and get out. The alt coins are different to bitcoin, I don't see any reason why litecoin will increase in value again. It has had its time.

Hey, just remember, people were saying the exact same thing when it was hitting sub-.01 levels last year. While it could tumble down some more to be sure, I would say it's pretty dangerous to short at this point.

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:54:19 AM

hold

only sell when high

my speculation

Grin
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:02:31 AM

Thats not a big loss.  Smiley

Just hold. It will recover. Whatever you do, dont buy darkcoin.
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:17:49 AM

hold

only sell when high

my speculation

It's going to be hard to sell high when the price clearly isn't going anywhere near $12 again. Cut your losses and buy NXT. You won't regret it
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:33:48 AM

my advice is to take advice from people on this forum.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:20:56 AM

Thats not a big loss.  Smiley

Just hold. It will recover. Whatever you do, dont buy darkcoin.

hold

just speculating

Grin
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:20:53 AM

I would hold. You already lost around half. It can't really drop a whole lot more quickly. Short of a crash. So you already lost most of what your going to lose assuming it doesn't go back up. I think its going to take some action from the litecoin association to really get much of an increase. They seem to be in complete denial with no public plans to restore confidence.

Steve

Since when is the litecoin association in charge of making sure price restores confidence?

Oh wait I forget they have a fiat printing machine that is legal and when the prices go down they just print and pump it up more.

lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

DISTRO72

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:16:54 PM

I think no one can answer this question.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:40:06 PM

keep it, i made all the way up from 2 - 45 USD Cheesy (with alot of swings).

when there is more money in the market (etf, more people) , Litecoin will rise again. its the second best altcoin out there. silver wont die and even Andreas A. has some  Cheesy

@ smoothie

100%  Wink

ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:51:26 PM

if you can afford to lose the money, and you are confident that it will rise again, keep it. why would you invest $2k without knowing anything? why would you ask on a public internet forum for advise? you will most likely get those answers:

1. ltc bagholders will tell you it will rise soon (just read this thread: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=11136.0 it's hilarious, they are talking about $100+ Cheesy) - all they want is your money to secure their investment Tongue
2. other altcoin bagholders will try to convince you to sell, and invest in their coin. reason: see above.
3. hardcore btc ppl: will tell you that every alt coin is just bullshit, and only btc is worth investing

you see, you will get different answers depending on the person you sk. they will most likely just answer in their favor Wink My advise is: never take an advice from a stranger. if you are unsure how to invest your money, don't invest at all (at least not in crypto's).

regarding ltc: i think it will go down a lot more. more and more (early) investors cashing out (check marketcap: -$60M in a week), and ASICS are raping the coin hard (well, bagholders will tell you they just secure the network Cheesy). at the end of the day, it's your money, and only you are responsible for it.

Htcream

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:51:27 PM

Sell your LTC

buy BTC hold till next year

Cheesy
vondi1122

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:57:40 PM

Hold - forget your cryptos for 5 years - profit.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
alex0909

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

Don't follow these advices, check the charts and wait for the next rally.

When a rally comes, set a sell price and get back what you invested. Then, when its's advantageous switch some in bitcoin.

But, if you sell now you might regret it. 11$ wont be hard to pass through, think about people who bought at 20$+.

We've seen this quite a few times, selling now will make you regret it.

Of course this is only my opinion.
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:02:01 PM

SELL before it reaches 1$ or below!

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
dain-k

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:04:55 PM

i am new to crypto, and i have been doing some short term trading.

im now putting money in bitcoin and a few altcoins i see with potential in the future.

from what ive noticed, it seems that a mass of the new coins are get-rich-quick schemes which sucks for those on the bottom (the losers of it)

you really have to be smart with the new coins, and be in-the-know

as for litecoin, i dont know enough but it seems like a solid coin to keep in the long term, considering it is the source of scrypt offsprings, and it's support/developmnent and use along with bitcoin

i put a lot of my litecoin i bought higher- into bitcoin hoping bitcoin itself will boom at some point..  i dont really see what can kill btc in the near future.
but who knows

i have my eye on monero personally, it seems like it has potential to simply go up in value due to the fact that it is unique, probably, is more advanced - (the devs seem to know theyre doing) - does not have an official graphical wallet, yet being traded high volumes
dspair

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:10:04 PM

From Litecoin to Darkcoin. LOL  Grin

Good luck to you my friend, you're gonna need it.
PereguineBerty

Activity: 109
Merit: 35

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:40:39 PM

Personally, I wouldn't do anything drastic such as offloading all your LTC because the price has suddenly dropped a bit - however tempting it may be. If Bitcoin suddenly gained value like it did at the back end of last year, then Litecoin will follow suit; its price rose from $2 to $40+ in just a few weeks.

Sure, the value has nosedived over the last few days but a lot of this could stem from a serious bag holder/whale selling massive quantities at stupidly low prices, triggering panic.

Don't forget that a lot of people have invested a lot of money in hardware to mine Scrypt currencies and there will be a serious community of people out there who have interests in keeping Litecoin alive for this very reason.

It may take a while to recoup your initial investment but in the crypto world, Litecoin is still silver and Bitcoin is still gold. Nothing else comes even close in terms of market value, so just bide your time and hang on in there.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: