Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:35:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCWebHost.com - 2000 Shares Being sold at 0.075  (Read 1458 times)
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 04:31:04 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2012, 08:25:58 PM by cablepair

http://www.BTCWebHost.com

ANNOUNCEMENT 03/08/2012

Business has been good at BTCWebHost.com. Our customer base has tripled so far this quarter and we would like to expand to offer VPS services and Bitcoind hosting. Our contract with our current provider gives us an inexpensive way to lease Cpanel and WHM and still be profitable for our share holders however this server arrangement does not give us full control over certain aspects of the server and for that reason we need an upgrade.

I have released the sale of 2000 Shares to be sold at 0.075 Shares each. This will allow the cash infusion we need to provide this upgrade. Our customer base has been growing with new signups every week this quarter, we are very happy to be a part of building up the Bitcoin community but we need an additional server to offer some of the services that are being requested by our customers.

Recently our shares have been doing well with the last price of a share sold going for 0.084! Last quarter we were able to pay out profits to share holders and this quarter I project share holder profits to grow much bigger. I project profits for share holders this quarter to see gains of up to 200% from the last quarter.

Thank you for your time and please consider BTCWebHost.com for all of your hosting needs!

https://glbse.com/asset/02b116a4a2256466294dcc638a418732e711a8cfd0048da8cbf977c6feaf564a

Asset ID: 02b116a4a2256466294dcc638a418732e711a8cfd0048da8cbf977c6feaf564a
Ticker: BTCWEB
http://charts.glbse.com/markets/BTCWEB.html

Just to note: the next share holder quarterly payments are going to be made at the end of this quarter which is on the 31st of this month so its a great time to buy in, thanks for your interest! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:40:34 PM

Good luck with your venture.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:51:56 PM

In light of the recent hacks, I feel I have a responsibility to share part of a private message sent to me by user cablepair:
[...] You are inquiring what happened, heres the story:
I dont know if you were around in june, but at that time MTGox got hacked and passwords were leaked, I had a weak password and was cracked. Someone hacked my local linux box and not only stole my entire wallet they deleted all traces of it off my local machine. 400 BTC was stolen half of it was actually mine, the other half belonged to two other people. [...]

You'd think that the owner of a public web host and tech support company would know better than to not only reuse the same password, but to have it be weak enough to be (probably) bruteforced. Please exercise caution when investing, or in some other way taking part in the services offered by cablepair or any of his ventures.

cablepair has said he wants to "put the whole thing behind me", referring to the hack, without what I would call sufficient disclosure of the intrusion. As the owner of a web host that highly depends on the integrity and security of its owner, I'd say this is warranted. (Excellent example: GitHub's response to the recent security vulnerability.)

Please note that this by no means is a personal attack, but me disclosing important information and doing what I feel is the right thing, especially now that you're going to be hosting instances of "bitcoind", the command-line daemon of the official client aimed at businesses and advanced users.

At the very least, a full disclosure of what has happened and what steps you have taken from preventing it from happening in the future is in order.

Thank you,
Terry
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 07:03:54 PM

In light of the recent hacks, I feel I have a responsibility to share part of a private message sent to me by user cablepair:
[...] You are inquiring what happened, heres the story:
I dont know if you were around in june, but at that time MTGox got hacked and passwords were leaked, I had a weak password and was cracked. Someone hacked my local linux box and not only stole my entire wallet they deleted all traces of it off my local machine. 400 BTC was stolen half of it was actually mine, the other half belonged to two other people. [...]

You'd think that the owner of a public web host and tech support company would know better than to not only reuse the same password, but to have it be weak enough to be (probably) bruteforced. Please exercise caution when investing, or in some other way taking part in the services offered by cablepair or any of his ventures.

cablepair has said he wants to "put the whole thing behind me", referring to the hack, without what I would call sufficient disclosure of the intrusion. As the owner of a web host that highly depends on the integrity and security of its owner, I'd say this is warranted. (Excellent example: GitHub's response to the recent security vulnerability.)

Please note that this by no means is a personal attack, but me disclosing important information and doing what I feel is the right thing, especially now that you're going to be hosting instances of "bitcoind", the command-line daemon of the official client aimed at businesses and advanced users.

At the very least, a full disclosure of what has happened and what steps you have taken from preventing it from happening in the future is in order.

Thank you,
Terry

are you my shadow? In June MtGox got hacked, passwords were leaked, I was very foolishly using the same password on my personal laptop (linux) as I was in MTGox and my wallet.dat was copied from my computer which held not only a great deal of my own money but also some money of others.
This was 9 months ago, and I made right on the situation by paying back the people who lost their money. I made a mistake and I paid for it, and I dont understand why terrytibbs feels the need to follow me around and point this out all the time, I mean seriously dude why do you have a problem with me? What did I do to you? This whole self righteous act about how you just want to inform the community is bullshit, I dont see you following the owners of MTgox around and reminding the world they were hacked and lost other peoples money, why are you doing it to me? I already paid for my mistake why do you feel the need to continue to punish me for it? This was LAST JUNE - I have since proven myself again and again to be an honest person and a good businessman - PLEASE CAN YOU STOP DOING THIS TO ME? Is there something I can do? You want a payoff? How much ?? Give me a btc address and an amount and I will pay whatever you want, Why are you singling me out? I do not see you doing this to anyone else.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 07:10:12 PM

oh and to answer your question of course I learned from this thing that happened LAST JUNE

I use a password generator that generates uncrackable passwords for my own use and the use of my customers. BTCWebHost is very successful and for a very good reason. We were offered to be bought out by hostgator last quarter - because we are offering a unique service and making money doing it, please Terry, man to man, can you let me live or what?

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 08:25:30 PM

you nowhere mention the ticker at glbse
what's the asset name. please edit OP and add it there in a copy/paste friendly way.
it's not even in the contract that you link from there.
or a link to the charts page of this venture,  please

Sorry about that

Asset ID: 02b116a4a2256466294dcc638a418732e711a8cfd0048da8cbf977c6feaf564a
Ticker: BTCWEB
http://charts.glbse.com/markets/BTCWEB.html

Just to note: the next share holder quarterly payments are going to be made at the end of this quarter which is on the 31st of this month so its a great time to buy in, thanks for your interest! Smiley
shtylman

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 08:46:06 PM

Is there something I can do? You want a payoff? How much ?? Give me a btc address and an amount and I will pay whatever you want, Why are you singling me out? I do not see you doing this to anyone else.

Yea, this sounds legit Smiley
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 09:03:07 PM

lol i was being sarcastic  (obviously), it gets a little maddening when someone points out your one failure every time you try to make a business move.

here are the facts
BTCWebHost.com has been in business since November, we already paid out profits in our first quarter
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56372.0

We have been growing exponentially with new sign ups every week.

My other business that is funded by GLBSE:
CoinConnect.org - The Bitcoin Social Network
although we had a bumpy start things are really starting to pick up there and have been making a decent amount in ad revenue from Anonymousads (thank you!) CoinConnect WILL be posting profits to shareholders this quarter for the first time!

My personal transaction History
http://www.coinconnect.org/pages/view/14204/bitcointalkorg-marketplace-trading-history-for-cablepair
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 05:26:40 PM

Any updates?
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:22:29 AM

Any updates?

Domain is currently routed to 127.0.0.1 (localhost). And I see OP is labeled as scammer as well...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: