Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:54:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitmaster1x2

Activity: 518
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:11:51 AM

An argument outside the context and the last arguments but I would like to know why a project like this should be kept low? What is the true purpose of this project? When I started in the crypto one of the first coins I thought of investing was this and now I have doubts about investing. Yet can we consider technical adjustments necessary to strengthen the structure of the currency? Do these updates affect the currency?
What exactly are you trying to ask?

Crypto-city.com Communities of Crypto Enthusiasts. Build The Future. Be part of the story.  
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
~Trololoh~

Activity: 248
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:04:54 PM

My bitmaster1x account was hacked. Looking over btcointalk.org security protocol, it is pretty weak as it does not send a confirmation link to original email before the profile email or password can be changed. I made the suggestion that they should implement it, but I doubt anything will come of it. Luckily, I've locked the account before any damage could be done. Anyone's account is prone to being hacked.
Same happened to me thanks to "leaked" db of this "great" forum.
And although I have a static ip it's no good to either get your account back or get it banned.
Strange since many courts accept a static ip as evidence.

I doubt I'll get the account back since they require that you sign a bitcoin address that you've posted on the forum in past. 98% of people (myself included) on here don't post their bitcoin address on this forum. Otherwise they just ignore the request.

I just view any account on this forum will at some point become disposable due to weak security / protocols. Definitely would not send or keep any sensitive info or important info in the so called private messages.
I have read that info, there us a special thread about it and as you wrote, without BTC addy to verify it's gone.
However maybe you have enough info as in "pm's" pulled from this forum to your email client to get your old account banned ?

Good advise on removing important messages from your inbox.  Cool

In their own statement, they can't be bothered with it. So, I just write that off. I did however, left it open were if they reset the email or simply unlock the account and I can regain access to it myself, but I doubt they'll do neither. If they do, then great. If they don't, it doesn't really make any difference except for being a slight annoyance.
Can't really complain either since this forum is for free.
This might be usefull :
"Check if you have an account that has been compromised in a data breach"
https://haveibeenpwned.com/
bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 07:34:26 PM

My bitmaster1x account was hacked. Looking over btcointalk.org security protocol, it is pretty weak as it does not send a confirmation link to original email before the profile email or password can be changed. I made the suggestion that they should implement it, but I doubt anything will come of it. Luckily, I've locked the account before any damage could be done. Anyone's account is prone to being hacked.
And although I have a static ip it's no good to either get your account back or get it banned.

I doubt I'll get the account back since they require that you sign a bitcoin address that you've posted on the forum in past. 98% of people (myself included) on here don't post their bitcoin address on this forum. Otherwise they just ignore the request.

I just view any account on this forum will at some point become disposable due to weak security / protocols. Definitely would not send or keep any sensitive info or important info in the so called private messages.
I have read that info, there us a special thread about it and as you wrote, without BTC addy to verify it's gone.
However maybe you have enough info as in "pm's" pulled from this forum to your email client to get your old account banned ?

In their own statement, they can't be bothered with it. So, I just write that off. I did however, left it open were if they reset the email or simply unlock the account and I can regain access to it myself, but I doubt they'll do neither. If they do, then great. If they don't, it doesn't really make any difference except for being a slight annoyance.
This might be usefull :

Good find.

There's really nothing that the end user can do as far as prevention since the breach is on the bitcointalk website's end. So, it's pretty much use, until someone breaches it. So it's just a matter of when.

Crypto-city.com Communities of Crypto Enthusiasts. Build The Future. Be part of the story.  
Enema

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:04:22 PM

This might be usefull :

Good find.

There's really nothing that the end user can do as far as prevention since the breach is on the bitcointalk website's end. So, it's pretty much use, until someone breaches it. So it's just a matter of when.
Looks like it.
One thing is for sure that most users think that they made some mistake or have an infected machine while in reality it was a security breach of some site or in this case BTCtalk.

In line with this how can you tell whether your exchange account was indeed hacked or that the exchange simply ripped your account.
Seems to me a user never can prove anything either way.
I wonder how often an exchange would do that, once in while simply rip a clients account...

Indeed thanks for posting. I already found that some of my email accounts are registered as leaked.
Have chenged my passwords.

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 10:37:00 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2018, 10:59:46 PM by bitmaster1x2

This might be usefull :

Good find.

Looks like it.
One thing is for sure that most users think that they made some mistake or have an infected machine while in reality it was a security breach of some site or in this case BTCtalk.

In line with this how can you tell whether your exchange account was indeed hacked or that the exchange simply ripped your account.
Seems to me a user never can prove anything either way.
I wonder how often an exchange would do that, once in while simply rip a clients account...

Indeed thanks for posting. I already found that some of my email accounts are registered as leaked.
Have chenged my passwords.

It wouldn't be so bad if they would fix the security issues, especially if you give them simple solution suggestions, but it does not seem like they will. Sadly. At least now there won't be any surprises in the future as we know where things stand. Though I'm sure there will be more similar posts like this by others throughout the forum going forward and the result will be the same lack of action.

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 06:51:35 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 11:25:59 PM by bitmaster1x2

Introducing the Crypto-city #Hyperstake #Outreach Program.  

1000 HYP coins to 1000 people around the world through the sharing of #crypto #education.
https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/blog/309/crypto-city-hyperstake-hyp-outreach-program/

Feel FREE to do your own promotions to help spread HYP in your daily life. You don't need permission from anyone, it belongs to everyone. : Cool

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 11:38:39 PM

Hyperstake (HYP) Crypto Meeting.
Come join us on Discord and Vote on the dates and time.

https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/blog/310/hyperstake-hyp-meeting/

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 07:08:22 PM

We need every die hard HYP holder to integrate some hard core recruiting into their daily regiment. How well HYP does is dependent on how well we can grow our community overall.  So, if anyone owns HYP I would encourage everyone to be an active participant and help to shape the future of our community by going out there and build those relationship bridges  Cool

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 07:36:05 AM

Do I need to include the ports?  It doesn't seem to make a difference when I test with or without ports.

Nope. Not unless your're running another wallet with conflicting ports.

borodaus

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:54:47 AM

Tell me please what is the current time the actual size of the block?
In the Russian branch it is 1600-4000 coins. And in the English-speaking 15000-30000
Although the calculator in the wallet shows enough will keep the inputs of 5408 coins)
https://ibb.co/jmc34J
Thanks for the answer)
bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 04:26:25 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2018, 03:41:04 PM by bitmaster1x2

Tell me please what is the current time the actual size of the block?
In the Russian branch it is 1600-4000 coins. And in the English-speaking 15000-30000
Although the calculator in the wallet shows enough will keep the inputs of 5408 coins)
https://ibb.co/jmc34J
Thanks for the answer)

There really isn't a specific number as more and more people come onto the network it becomes more competitive as more people are all competing for a limited number of set rewards, In Hyperstake's case there are 960 stake rewards per day with a cap of 1000 HYP coin per reward. In regards to optimal block size, some people are getting result with 20k-30k, but it's also the number of blocks, block size and total number coins and some luck. You can see here for some ideas: https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/hyperstake-hyp-ann/video/

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 06:59:39 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 11:15:59 AM by bitmaster1x2

Hi iantuc,

Could you inbox me the link for your repository again? My bitmaster1x acount was hacked due to bitcointalk's weak forum security on their website. Thanks.

papachill

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:32:04 PM

Is wallet 1.1.5 mandatory?
bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 03:43:48 AM

Is wallet 1.1.5 mandatory?

No it is not  Cool

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 12:06:26 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 10:27:18 AM by bitmaster1x2

Great video.

Crypto is an Extinction Level Event for banks and we're helping to pave the way. It's just a matter of time.

Measuring Success: Price or Principle?
 https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/video/play/852/measuring-success-price-or-principle/

John37

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:53:51 AM

When I want an extract wallet 1.1.5 my Avast say it is a virus?
Which wallet, you use?
bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 09:50:09 AM

When I want an extract wallet 1.1.5 my Avast say it is a virus?
Which wallet, you use?

It's a false positive. You can add an exclusion in the antivirus software. The exchanges uses, 1.1.3. Personally I use v1.1.4

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 10:08:06 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 12:05:16 PM by bitmaster1x2

I'm going to put some people on the antivirus false positive issues for the wallet release. This issue will certainly limit our reach / expansion of the Hyperstake network if we don't get this resolved.

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 10:31:02 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 01:51:56 PM by bitmaster1x2

Hey guys and gals. Role call... How long has everyone been staking HYP and MOST IMPORTANTLY -  what have you done with it?

bitmaster1x2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 04:31:35 PM

Hyperstake conference 7/25/2018 3:30pm MST

https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/blog/310/hyperstake-hyp-meeting-7-25-2018-3-30pm-mst/

Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: