Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:05:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679269 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
armin22

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:26:53 PM

I think you can make different blocks of 1600 in the same address using coin control.

TOO LATE!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:41:03 PM

Just a heads up that the network is moving very very slow right now. We have just about no mature blocks. This makes it a bit riskier to send transactions.  If your transaction doesn't get accepted, then go to help->debug->console and type "repairwallet" and it will credit the coins back to you.

I bumped up the transaction fee on my wallet to see if it makes the tx have a higher chance of going through and it seems to be working. Good luck folks!

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:46:54 PM

Just a heads up that the network is moving very very slow right now. We have just about no mature blocks. This makes it a bit riskier to send transactions.  If your transaction doesn't get accepted, then go to help->debug->console and type "repairwallet" and it will credit the coins back to you.

I bumped up the transaction fee on my wallet to see if it makes the tx have a higher chance of going through and it seems to be working. Good luck folks!

In a couple of hours I have some blocks that will mature. So we should get a few blocks in a few hours from me at least.
sweetdizzle

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:44:01 PM

How do I see what block my wallet is on?  I'm getting (out of sync) in the wallet even though there is no bar at the bottom showing how many more blocks to download.  Is this just a result of the blockchain being slow or something I need to fix?

My coins I purchased from the exchange are showing up as unconfirmed.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:53:21 PM

How do I see what block my wallet is on?  I'm getting (out of sync) in the wallet even though there is no bar at the bottom showing how many more blocks to download.  Is this just a result of the blockchain being slow or something I need to fix?

Check it against the block explorer http://hyp.cryptospread.com:2751/chain/HyperStake, which is currently at 33229. Right now the client will show syncing even if it is at the correct block I fixed this for the next version of the client release, v1.1.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 03:56:34 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 04:14:03 PM by David Latapie

presstab, I have a thought. I don't know if it's desirable, or even feasible, but it's been swimming in my head all day, so y'all are stuck with it Cheesy

Would it make things work better to put a 1 day maturity in for say 30 days? Same interest rate, just faster maturity to get the block chain rolling. I'm not even close to good enough at code to know if this is doable or worthwhile, but there it is.

Yeah I would just have to modify the stake modifier interval, but this requires a hard fork. So going through the hassle of getting everyone to switch clients etc, etc.
Plus the whole "instaminer"/"scammer" accusations.

Unick is more than happy to set us up. He even said I can manage the server so long as I don't give out the code.  It will cost us .25 btc though.  So if we want to set up a bounty I am all for it!!
More people for the stake bounty and it will work. For the moment, I am the only one and since I won't have any stake before 6 days, I won't be able to pay.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.msg7701263#msg7701263
One can advance the money, as long as he get paid back later.

Seriously, if we cannot have any stake bounty team members, this means the coins doesn't deserve to get an explorer.

presstab, I have a thought. I don't know if it's desirable, or even feasible, but it's been swimming in my head all day, so y'all are stuck with it Cheesy

Would it make things work better to put a 1 day maturity in for say 30 days? Same interest rate, just faster maturity to get the block chain rolling. I'm not even close to good enough at code to know if this is doable or worthwhile, but there it is.

Yeah I would just have to modify the stake modifier interval, but this requires a hard fork. So going through the hassle of getting everyone to switch clients etc, etc.
Plus the whole "instaminer"/"scammer" accusations.

Unick is more than happy to set us up. He even said I can manage the server so long as I don't give out the code.  It will cost us .25 btc though.  So if we want to set up a bounty I am all for it!!
More people for the stake bounty and it will work. For the moment, I am the only one and since I won't have any stake before 6 days, I won't be able to pay.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.msg7701263#msg7701263
One can advance the money, as long as he get paid back later.

Seriously, if we cannot have any stake bounty team members, this means the coin doesn't deserve to get an explorer.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:58:58 PM

I think you can make different blocks of 1600 in the same address using coin control.

Yes you can

Here is a tutorial I put together to split blocks into the same address
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13257-splitting-and-combining-blocks-using-coin-control/

sweetdizzle

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:00:34 PM

How do I see what block my wallet is on?  I'm getting (out of sync) in the wallet even though there is no bar at the bottom showing how many more blocks to download.  Is this just a result of the blockchain being slow or something I need to fix?

Check it against the block explorer http://hyp.cryptospread.com:2751/chain/HyperStake, which is currently at 33229. Right now the client will show syncing even if it is at the correct block I fixed this for the next version of the client release, v1.1.

So it doesn't show it in the block explorer: HYP address pNhkrZ8BWDa5sQrnW57BcMpipVHDTdNS8w  
I just got the coins from Coin Swap and it shows them unconfirmed in my wallet but not in the block explorer, how is that possible?
Mike270

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:00:48 PM

Suggestion: Could someone with multiple stakes being ripe in short time consider locking the wallet/quitting the wallet for a while, then go back online later etc., to provide for a more continuous flow of block?
Interest should accumulate proportionally although that person might lose some interest on the interest.
Mike270

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:03:56 PM

How do I see what block my wallet is on?  I'm getting (out of sync) in the wallet even though there is no bar at the bottom showing how many more blocks to download.  Is this just a result of the blockchain being slow or something I need to fix?

So it doesn't show it in the block explorer: HYP address pNhkrZ8BWDa5sQrnW57BcMpipVHDTdNS8w  
I just got the coins from Coin Swap and it shows them unconfirmed in my wallet but not in the block explorer, how is that possible?
Don't worry, I have the same problem.
They only show in the block explorer once the transactions have been included in a block.
As long as there are few blocks there are more "floating" (unconfirmed) transactions than can be included in a single block, so expect to wait for a few more blocks until the transactions become confirmed. You can see that the most recent block in block explorer had quite a few transactions (~50) included.
Currently I see in the debug window of my client that there is a total of ~110 unconfirmed transactions, so not counting new transactions being generated we can expect to need at least three more blocks before these will be included in one of them.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:04:59 PM

Yes I would love someone to do this.  I have created a wallet for this purpose but the blocks still have 7 days until maturing.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:13:03 PM

Don't worry, I have the same problem.
They only show in the block explorer once the transactions have been included in a block.
As long as there are few blocks there are more "floating" (unconfirmed) transactions than can be included in a single block, so expect to wait for a few more blocks until the transactions become confirmed. You can see that the most recent block in block explorer had quite a few transactions (~50) included.
Currently I see in the debug window of my client that there is a total of ~110 unconfirmed transactions, so not counting new transactions being generated we can expect to need at least three more blocks before these will be included in one of them.

Wow block 33229 had over 5 million HYP worth of transactions!

Which RPC command are you using to see the mempool?

teamcryptonator

Activity: 749

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:14:26 PM

Hey guys!

We have just added HyperStake to Cryptonator so now you can use all its free features

Should you own an iPhone or an Android device, we also have all these in our free mobile apps for iOS / Android

Cheers

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
David Latapie

Activity: 658

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 04:15:56 PM

We have just added HyperStake to Cryptonator so now you can use all its free features
Thanks! You already are default on monero pools, did you know it?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Mike270

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:19:46 PM

Not aware of any. I checked debug.log - whenever a new transaction is accepted you see the current size, the entry looks like this:
CTxMemPool::accept() : accepted d7147e8e47 (poolsz 113)

I see a potential danger for exchanges. Let's assume someone sends 100000HYP there, and 100 people buy 1000HYP each and want to withdraw them.
This would mean a transaction of 1000 to the first person and 99000 back to the own wallet. These 99000 would then be the input for the next transaction, but they can only be used once they were confirmed...
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:28:51 PM

Not aware of any. I checked debug.log - whenever a new transaction is accepted you see the current size, the entry looks like this:
CTxMemPool::accept() : accepted d7147e8e47 (poolsz 113)

I see a potential danger for exchanges. Let's assume someone sends 100000HYP there, and 100 people buy 1000HYP each and want to withdraw them.
This would mean a transaction of 1000 to the first person and 99000 back to the own wallet. These 99000 would then be the input for the next transaction, but they can only be used once they were confirmed...

Thanks.

You can actually respend your own blocks in the same block without confs.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:29:21 PM

Hey guys!

Should you own an iPhone or an Android device, we also have all these in our free mobile apps for iOS / Android

Cheers

Awesome do you know of any way to add the widget to a forum post?

teamcryptonator

Activity: 749

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:34:05 PM

Awesome do you know of any way to add the widget to a forum post?

I'm afraid, no (

js and ifame are good for websites/blogs only...

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Mike270

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:35:45 PM

Oh, then that would be different from Novacoin - there you can do it once but then you see errors in the log because of trying to use an invalid txid as input (something like that, it was a while back I last did this and refrained from doing so since then). It would be included in the next block after the block in which the first one will be included, though. But the client would not let you create more than 2 of these transactions, because then coin control would be confused. That's why they added a feature to not select zero-confirmed transactions as transaction inputs.
If you managed to solve this with HYP, then that's a fine thing :-)
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:39:52 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 05:48:37 PM by presstab

Oh, then that would be different from Novacoin - there you can do it once but then you see errors in the log because of trying to use an invalid txid as input (something like that, it was a while back I last did this and refrained from doing so since then). It would be included in the next block after the block in which the first one will be included, though. But the client would not let you create more than 2 of these transactions, because then coin control would be confused. That's why they added a feature to not select zero-confirmed transactions as transaction inputs.
If you managed to solve this with HYP, then that's a fine thing :-)

I just split a block 5 times with 0 confs. It does work it seems. So long as they get confd in a block.

Also you can see it at work in our last block where an address was splitting blocks http://hyp.cryptospread.com:2751/block/c66a0b8225e0e29233d3f19db4ad3ba07cd94cbfc824a584b3c12885692257ec

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: