Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679269 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 04:45:11 PM

One more thing, and this is about staking.

People who bought last Sunday and expect to get money by this Monday: that won't be the case! Monday will be the first day your coin will start gaining weight.

If you have one huge block, you will get coins very soon (if you have very big block, maybe even the same day), but at the cost of low reward because of the maximum reward code
If you optimised your blocks to get maximum reward, then you will have to wait some more days to get your coins. This is NORMAL. So just don't get mad if by Monday (which is Bastille Day, by the way, vive la France) you don't get money Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 04:46:11 PM

So this coins doesn't provide anything to miners at all??? Why do they still mine the coin, for fun??
Read carefully: this is a pure PoS coin. There is NO mining anymore. And read my post above regarding staking.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:46:41 PM

Alright everyone, I'll release the latest build of the wallet now - v1.0.1 - I was going to wait until the new logo was chosen, but I think the syncing icon and the weight icon have been too confusing to a lot of people so the fix should be released now. v.1.1 will probably come out in a few days with new logo etc, and will only have minor code changes.

Code:
- Port change to 18777 so it can run side by side with TRK
- Fix minting icon and calcs to be more accurate
- Fix syncing icon to have no time requirement
- add moneysupply rpc command (preliminary)
- Add weight in coin control
- Misc minor GUI changes to coin control

https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/releases/tag/v1.0.1

This might be a dumb question but when i download the new file it does not have a new QT just data files and such. The QT is a separate downland but when I download it it only lets me run it.

tom14cat14 we found one quick error in the trk src where it was really running a different port than stated. This threw me off, and I am going to replace the qt.exe with the latest build and correct ports to run both at once in about five minutes.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Alright everyone, I'll release the latest build of the wallet now - v1.0.1 - I was going to wait until the new logo was chosen, but I think the syncing icon and the weight icon have been too confusing to a lot of people so the fix should be released now. v.1.1 will probably come out in a few days with new logo etc, and will only have minor code changes.

Code:

Thank YOU!!!  Smiley

I have 3 blocks with weight, one has 4853 and the other two have 1698

I should be staking any time now, right?  The Stakeulator says 7 seconds.  What would prevent me from generating a block?

The new client is showing blocks with weight?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:51:22 PM

11229 blocks still remaining. Connected to 11 peers on version 1.01

We'll see how it will work.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:51:44 PM

Code:

This might be a dumb question but when i download the new file it does not have a new QT just data files and such. The QT is a separate downland but when I download it it only lets me run it.

tom14cat14 we found one quick error in the trk src where it was really running a different port than stated. This threw me off, and I am going to replace the qt.exe with the latest build and correct ports to run both at once in about five minutes.

Updated now

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

So this coins doesn't provide anything to miners at all??? Why do they still mine the coin, for fun??

This coin is by design not mineable, it's a pure PoS coin from launch, forking TRK and duplicating the wallet's balance for initial distribution. No mining, just minting. I find that interesting (pun intendend) and I like the dev. That's why I'm in. Plus, the interest from PoS is actually similar to mining in this case. At least it seems it will be. We're still getting things sorted.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:56:33 PM

oooh snap just got a block

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:57:17 PM

Wow blocks coming in!!!

zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

This coin is by design not mineable, it's a pure PoS coin from launch, forking TRK and duplicating the wallet's balance for initial distribution. No mining, just minting. I find that interesting (pun intendend) and I like the dev. That's why I'm in. Plus, the interest from PoS is actually similar to mining in this case. At least it seems it will be. We're still getting things sorted.

I like the coin as well, have bought some coins. But there is a blockcahin isn't it? So someone has to do hash-calculations to make a valid block and share it with the rest. My question is, why would someone do that, when there's no reward for al the hashes??? And what if there are no people left to calculate hashes and create new valid blocks???
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:06:19 PM

One more thing, and this is about staking.

People who bought last Sunday and expect to get money by this Monday: that won't be the case! Monday will be the first day your coin will start gaining weight.

If you have one huge block, you will get coins very soon (if you have very big block, maybe even the same day), but at the cost of low reward because of the maximum reward code
If you optimised your blocks to get maximum reward, then you will have to wait some more days to get your coins. This is NORMAL. So just don't get mad if by Monday (which is Bastille Day, by the way, vive la France) you don't get money Smiley

Yep this is how staking works. For a more in depth explanation I would recommend reading the peercoin whitepaper http://www.peercoin.net/whitepaper

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:07:18 PM

I like the coin as well, have bought some coins. But there is a blockcahin isn't it? So someone has to do hash-calculations to make a valid block and share it with the rest. My question is, why would someone do that, when there's no reward for al the hashes??? And what if there are no people left to calculate hashes and create new valid blocks???

The hashing is done via Proof of Stake. PoS hashing is based on coin weight rather than hash power.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:08:31 PM

Aha. Now I understand your confusion. Had the same questions before I started getting into PoS coins.

The calculations are done by the staking process. The hobonickels wiki has a really good overview of the process. I am not a good mathemetician, so I'm not even gonna try to explain the math behind it. But basically, holding coins for a certain amount of time triggers the minting process AND moves the chain. Which is where the initial problems lie with pure PoS coins, the coins have to mature for a bit to actually start staking and move things along. It's why we've been discussing shortening the stake period for a short time to get things flowing.

Edit: Ninja'd by the Master Tongue presstab taught me almost everything I've learned about PoS.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:08:34 PM

Code:

Updated now

Still having issues. Maybe a walk through is needed. I downloaded the zip file and put it in my file like I normally do. But there is no updated QT in there. There is another file to download that has the QT but it does not give me the option to save it. It only lets me run it. So I guess what am i doing wrong?
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:10:12 PM

Nice coin revival project congrats everyone!

I am following with great interest.
edn247

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:11:26 PM

Wow blocks coming in!!!

Got a couple too!!!  Phew.
edn247

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:12:38 PM

Still having issues. Maybe a walk through is needed. I downloaded the zip file and put it in my file like I normally do. But there is no updated QT in there. There is another file to download that has the QT but it does not give me the option to save it. It only lets me run it. So I guess what am i doing wrong?

Use a different browser to download the QT
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:14:27 PM

Use a different browser to download the QT

I just uploaded a zip of the qt.exe for those that can't download an exe.

armin22

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:15:17 PM

Thanks for finding blocks people!

tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:23:26 PM

New wallet is working now with the zip. Thanks I have found a few blocks and a few more are ready and waiting to be staked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: