Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:28:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free of charge Bitcoin related Job Board  (Read 1227 times)
nodemaster (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 08:31:41 AM

I'd like to present a free of charge Bitcoin related Job Board. Please have a look at: http://www.bitcoiners.org. If you like you can follow on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bitcoiners If things evolve I plan on posting some bounties on the Job Board for fun which will be announced on twitter.

At the moment it is at a very early stage. It is possible to post job offers and it is possible to post an application if you are offering your skills for Bitcoin related tasks. In this stage the site only allows people to get in touch with each other. IMHO there is a demand as I saw various freelancing offers on this forum. Unfortunately I have no experience running Job Boards so far. Thus this is more or less an experiment for me. I really need input on how to improve the plattform. Some ideas are in my pipeline, but as I'm new to Bitcoin and its community I think this is the right time to ask if somenon has a feature he wants to see.

I'm really looking forward for you feedback.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 09:09:29 AM

I'm just having a look at the post a job form, I think you should distinguish between "small" "medium" and "huge" somehow (not JavaScript). In fact, your site should work without JavaScript, I notice the form has some problems if JS is not enabled.
Don't require email, as some people might want to be a bit anonymous. (Though they could always use my service to handout anonymous email addresses...)
You need to post in big letters that cookies should be enabled.

Please don't use the same favicon as this site, as it is confusing me (though I note you are looking for a logo).

You should really filter exact duplicates if you can.
nodemaster (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2011, 08:58:33 PM

Sorry for answering late. Unfortunately I have only limited time for amazing Bitcoins. I really appreciate your feedback. I fixed the issue with the favicon. I understand that is confusing due to the similarity of the FQDNs. I was just lazy and this favicon seems to be widely used for Bitcoin sites  Embarrassed

I'll have a look into the JS issues ASAP. I agree, that it should be usable without Java Script. I do additional server side checking, but I'll have a look if it is possible to post duplicates if JS is disabled.

Yes, an email address is mandatory ATM. I thought it might be a good idea to send the links for removal or editing as not everybody will bookmark the unique links for this tasks. I just don't want to end up with too much old records. But I think I'll give it a try to not make it mandatory. However I like your service and I'll add a FAQ suggesting your email service for people that want to stay anonymous and still want to add their address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: