Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:57:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate my Tor Hidden Service  (Read 16248 times)
boconniff40 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 07:32:06 PM

LMAO yeah right, like you know me...

You didnt explain why you want to setup a tor thing. Do u rly need all that security ?

Actually I'm just a big security fanboy hehehe, it's the greatest hobby ever. Cryptography has got to be the coolest hobby ever.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 09:05:39 PM

LMAO yeah right, like you know me...

You didnt explain why you want to setup a tor thing. Do u rly need all that security ?

Actually I'm just a big security fanboy hehehe, it's the greatest hobby ever. Cryptography has got to be the coolest hobby ever.
sadly, you suck at it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
boconniff40 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 09:26:45 PM

Sadly you're a gay bitch cunt who should die in a pit alone and deprived.
speshlk

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 09:40:00 PM

A bit over the top, wouldn't you say?

A hidden service is something to be taken seriously... especially if there is any material there shouldn't be on there...
Regardless, I'll be frank in saying that I'd suggest you get a little more experience under your belt (not only in ... err... Cryptography...).
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 09:42:08 PM

What is wrong with being homosexuel? You narrow minded piece of shit.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 09:47:01 PM

Guys, just let this thread die. This kid asked for advice but won't listen to it.

I rate your hidden service 0/10
+1

0/10 from me too.

marked

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 10:13:23 PM

Cryptography is never, and can never be a "hobby". If you think so, you have no understanding of the issues involved in security, and certainly should not even be thinking of running a service.

Internet --> Modem --> Sonicwall TZ215 --> OpenBSD firewall appliance --> OpenBSD Server with TOR Hidden Service

Notes
-OpenBSD is considered to be the most secure OS out there
The most secure free and publically available maybe - but it is not the most secure.

-OBSD comes with military grade encryption
Military grade encryption = minimum requirements to work at specific levels due to the complexity required to crack the data through brute force- potential key compromise. (according to country - Unclassified, Restricted, Secret, Top Secret, Code-word clearance). Which category does OpenBSD fall into? Continuously evaluated with recommendations published frequently, and new competitions to produce alternatives (c.f. SHA3). Once upon a time MD4 was military strength, but is now crackable in microseconds, particularly with rainbow tables. DES similarly was military strength, again crackable through brute force with a moderately cheap GPU.

Now my only problem is whether I can successfully run vBulletin with OpenBSD as a server.

and you want to run a perfectly secure OS with three of the most buggy, incapable bits of software in PHP, vBulletin and MySQL? I don't think you can find more incapable bits of software for a secure system if you tried. (I'd be interested to know)

If you want evidence read any of the following.
Bugtraq
packetstorm
Seclist.org

If you aren't reading any of them then you certainly shouldn't be claiming that you can run a service responsibly. If you don't know what any of the above are then you should not be running anything period. For at least a year. Maybe more.

In fact you should also be reading the Tor and Onion mailing lists on a daily basis.

You should be capable of compiling and analysing the code, for any claim to be substantiated.

The setup is nice an everything but the vBulletin track record on security is not that great. Everything else is useless if some remote exploit can reveal the servers ip address.

How is that possible when used in conjunction with TOR?

because you have access to the computers network if you have compromised the application software/database, thereby being able to obtain the IP address - particularly useful if you have uPnP enabled, and other unicast/multicast protocols on the network (dhcp, bonjour/zeroconf etc.). VMs can be susceptible dependent on the virtualisation configuration. Does a chroot jail ring a bell?

Just to be clear, OpenBSD is not, and never will be the securest Operating System. Whilst it does a very good job of being secure, it has no independent formal verification.

Please look up the terms Common Criteria, NIST, NSA, EAL (particularly EAL4+ ALC.FLR.*) and

Most importantly you seem not to have read the mailing lists and website that tell you how to do exactly what you want to do without causing problems. (hint. it's a VM solution, with a firegap.)

marked
jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 11:45:49 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2012, 11:30:48 AM by jake262144

... Cryptography has got to be the coolest hobby ever.
Cryptography as a hobby, Lord save us Roll Eyes

The last time incompetent folks(1) tried to tackle cryptography WEP encryption standard for Wi-Fi networks was developed. The authors fell into disgrace and were sorry ever after.
Mind you, WEP did use very decent crypto at the time (the RC-4 stream cipher is "military-grade", it just was employed in the wrong fashion).
Cryptography is a means to an end, not a design goal by itself.

1/10 for not going with a Windows box as the server. That's gotta amount for something - at least the service won't catch a worm all by itself.

Notes:
(1) very competent hardware and radio engineers, just no security experts
boconniff40 (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:11:58 AM

Just found selinux
boconniff40 (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:30:30 AM

Why the hell do you keep talking?
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 08:38:27 AM

Just found selinux
and ...?

The logic still applies: your rooted your dead. Fancy pseudo-security, does not help you.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 12:44:59 PM

Just found selinux
and ...?

The logic still applies: your rooted your dead. Fancy pseudo-security, does not help you.

That concept seems very difficult to grasp for him. Still don't understand why...
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:40:16 PM

Just found selinux
and ...?

That concept seems very difficult to grasp for him. Still don't understand why...

Not that hard to understand: I went and looked at a couple of threads he started.
Root cause identified: IQ

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67437.msg784506#msg784506

the dude, can't even do math! lulz!

boconniff40 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 05:57:21 PM

Just found selinux
and ...?

'

OF COURSE MORON, NO AVERAGE PERSON KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK YOU TECHNO GEEKS ARE SAYING... YOU ROOT YOU DIE BLAH BLAH BLAH... you think average people just magically know what the fuck you're talking about?
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 05:59:05 PM

Just found selinux
and ...?

'

OF COURSE MORON, NO AVERAGE PERSON KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK YOU TECHNO GEEKS ARE SAYING... YOU ROOT YOU DIE BLAH BLAH BLAH... you think average people just magically know what the fuck you're talking about?
I expect someone who talks about the security benefits of OBSD to know what root means.

I also don't expect average people to be setting up Tor Hidden Services.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:29:11 PM

Just found selinux
and ...?

'

first you are a military grade cryptographer.
then you are avarage joe.

whats next? astronaut?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:45:33 PM

Just found selinux
and ...?

'

Gentlemen, I rest my case.

but.. but.. its now its getting fun Cheesy

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 07:12:21 PM

Posting in an epic thread

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 08:26:22 PM

Just found selinux
and ...?

'

How many average people do you know that run Tor hidden services?

The only people that should run Tor services are tinfoil hat wearing paranoid schizophrenics that spend their day trying to block the governments mind control satellites.
the tinfoil hats don't work, they actually amplifies the brain waves.
The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for example, [3]). The 2.6 Ghz band coincides with mobile phone technology. Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations.
-http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 08:41:32 PM

the tinfoil hats don't work, they actually amplifies the brain waves.
The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for example, [3]). The 2.6 Ghz band coincides with mobile phone technology. Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations.
-http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

WHAT?

LOL! Of all frequencies to amplify, it actually amplifies those used by GPS.

We're all screwed.
didn't you know? NOOB!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: