Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:10:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 [970] 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 04:48:14 AM

I have a question about using the NAVcoin (Neutral Anonymous Virtual Coin Tongue) wallet.

I installed the wallet and set it up as a full node. Currently I am also staking a certain amount.
If anything bad would happen I would hate to loose all my NAVcoin. I now made a backup of the wallet.dat doing the following:
- copy the wallet.dat file
- paste it into Veracrypt container with strong pass.

Should I after every transaction backup the new wallet.dat due to using a new NAV address?

Is there anything else I should do to not lose my NAVcoin/Wallet in case something goes wrong?? I will also make the backup on a USB to make sure I do not loose everything if my HDD crashes.

Thanks for your help in advance, I am very new to this all and trying to learn everything. I did manage to do proper transactions to the full wallet on pc as the mobile wallet on android.

Sadly, all of this would do no good if hacker got access to your computer or if your computer is infected with keylogger.

Our NAV won't be safe until our dev could implement something like 2FA like VTR recently released.

Even if hacker got access to my computer while im staking and they have my password to wallet.dat they would still need access to my phone's authy for 2fa 6 digit code.

Now only wallet I feel secure (and I have lots of coins BTC LTC NAV SDC ...) is VTR.

PLEASE @shahim have NAV implement 2fa tech

YES,  Smiley @shahim

Hi All,
Surprisingly!
Actually we were in a discussion of a step ahead of 2FA , where hardware related protocols were to be applied but with so much going on at NAV HQ , releases and all we had to put it a way bit down the list.
Anyhow this request has reopened up the discussions for the same.

We will work on this within the next few days and achieve a preliminary step with regards to the same.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NextTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:40:39 AM

I have a question about using the NAVcoin (Neutral Anonymous Virtual Coin Tongue) wallet.

I installed the wallet and set it up as a full node. Currently I am also staking a certain amount.
If anything bad would happen I would hate to loose all my NAVcoin. I now made a backup of the wallet.dat doing the following:

Should I after every transaction backup the new wallet.dat due to using a new NAV address?

Is there anything else I should do to not lose my NAVcoin/Wallet in case something goes wrong?? I will also make the backup on a USB to make sure I do not loose everything if my HDD crashes.

Thanks for your help in advance, I am very new to this all and trying to learn everything. I did manage to do proper transactions to the full wallet on pc as the mobile wallet on android.

Sadly, all of this would do no good if hacker got access to your computer or if your computer is infected with keylogger.

Our NAV won't be safe until our dev could implement something like 2FA like VTR recently released.

Even if hacker got access to my computer while im staking and they have my password to wallet.dat they would still need access to my phone's authy for 2fa 6 digit code.

Now only wallet I feel secure (and I have lots of coins BTC LTC NAV SDC ...) is VTR.

https://i.imgur.com/uy8mcjW.png

YES,  Smiley @shahim

Hi All,
Surprisingly!
Actually we were in a discussion of a step ahead of 2FA , where hardware related protocols were to be applied but with so much going on at NAV HQ , releases and all we had to put it a way bit down the list.

We will work on this within the next few days and achieve a preliminary step with regards to the same.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Sounds cool and all that we will be step ahead of 2fa

BUT I still think implementing 2fa like VTR would still be better since it is industry standard that will work with app like Authy.
Thanks
for everet

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:49:26 AM

YES,  Smiley @shahim

Hi All,
Surprisingly!

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

I agree with you, make haste released new updates to the security 2FA. Current price tends to go down.
Good luck
redjedievolution
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:47:26 AM

I say hold!

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/address.dws?54429.htm

All is an illusion, there is only energy flowing
weilichesbin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:29:26 AM

Why NAV is falling?

xcurry

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:37:33 AM

Because  Nav is actually SummerCoin and now we have September equinox Smiley
juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:44:50 AM

Why NAV is falling?

Failing? What do you mean?
Is it because it went down in the last day? Well my friend...prices go up and down. Your skill is when to go long or short.
Contrariwise to what you think, I see NAV having very healthy indicators. Zoom out your charts...look where we were 3-4...5 month ago...
Look at the speed of development...Man, NAV hardforked a few months ago...now we have Android wallet, electrum thin wallets for osx and windows. Qt wallet for Mac.
A market cap of more than $3 million.
Top ten traded in Poloniex with great volume in the last 60 days.
Look at the Twitter followers, Twitter campaign when DEV team gave away 100k NAVs.
Also, a clear marketing strategy with articles in the most used crypto news websites.

And relaunch of Anon days away, and decentralisation of Anon, Anon from android, IOS wallet...android stake wallet...

I think that NAV is doing very very well..
Otherwise you wouldn't be here!

Salud!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
juguelio

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:51:02 AM

Jajajaja good one mate!
Tell that to Pakage, Sophy and Mark all living in the Southern hemisphere! For them Summer is ahead!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

xcurry

Activity: 217

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:52:56 AM

Jajajaja good one mate!
Tell that to Pakage, Sophy and Mark all living in the Southern hemisphere! For them Summer is ahead!

Fck! and i sold, must buy back:)
weilichesbin

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:13:56 AM

Jajajaja good one mate!

3 Million Market cap.... WOW that nothing.

Every Scammy Coin get this in the first 2 days of ICO...

Grin Grin Grin Grin

juguelio

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:20:42 AM

Jajajaja good one mate!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well...NAV is not a scamcoin. That proves you that NAV is very attractive to any investor.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

colvano

Activity: 281

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 10:00:02 AM

Hello,

Yes. It is important to have the wallet closed, before copying the wallet.dat! 

You do not need to backup the wallet after each transaction. The transactions are stored inside the blockchain. But when you create new addresses for receiving it is very important to make a new backup of your private keys!! 

I have it on several usb sticks and also printed the privkey on  a piece of paper in case of emergency Smiley

Backup is essentially important!

Regards
Shahim

Thank you very much for your info. I will do what you said.
How do I get the privatekey that you mention? Is it something in the full node wallet that I have that I copy or?

Apologies for the noob questions I just want to do everything to make sure my NAV is safe and in case something goes wrong I have a good backup.

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:05:10 AM

Jajajaja good one mate!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well...NAV is not a scamcoin. That proves you that NAV is very attractive to any investor.
Sorry for my language but why do you even bother to talk to this idiot ?
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 10:16:31 AM

Hi Nav Coiners,

We are very pleased with our testing of the Navtech anon system so far and hope that you enjoyed the live demo we released yesterday! Today we have a very special announcement for you, something you’ve all been waiting for. We are very excited to announce that will be launching the live beta test of the anon network next week!

Quote from: Nav Coin

Navtech Anon Beta

Start Date: Wednesday 28 September 2016

THE UNBREAKABLE CODE

The beta test will run in stages and, ramping up the number of users until we are happy that it is stable for general public use. For the first round we require 10 lucky Nav Coiners who are willing to trial the system and help us to iron out any remaining transaction processing issues.

If you are interested in participating in the private beta, please join us on slack:

http://navcoin.slack.com

If you need an invite to the slack channel, just PM any one of the dev team with your email address and we can send you one. I have opened the invites to allow all slack members to send invites, so once you’re in, you can invite your friends!

Once you’re in the slack, please join #navtech-anon-beta

Next Wednesday we will pick 10 lucky people from the channel to help us with the first round of testing and distribute the anon enabled Nav Coin wallet to them and invite them to a private testing slack channel.

The first round of beta test will have low transaction maximums enabled and the server will also be running a lot of debug logging for post analysis. The first round runs for just three days, from Wednesday 28 September to Friday 30 September. If there were no issues reported, we will recruit the second round of applicants to join the group and begin testing with larger amounts of both people and NAV.

If we do discover any issues which need addressing, we will pause between rounds and make the appropriate adjustments to the system before continuing. We don’t expect any major bugs to be found at this stage, so any issues should be cleared reasonably quickly.

All going well, round two participants will join the test group for the second 3 day period running from Sunday 2 October to Tuesday 4 October. From there we will take a quick pause again to comb over the data and make any necessary adjustments.

We will then open the third round of testing to whoever is left wanting to participate, followed by the public launch of the updated wallet for general public use.

I am also near to completing the whitepaper, I plan to publish in the next weekly update so it is available for public consumption while the beta is taking place.

Very exciting times!

We have a bonus addition to this announcement today.

Quote from: Nav Coin

Android NAV Ticker

The blistering pace at which we are putting out new features and software is not slowing down. Soopy has finished the Nav Coin Android Price Ticker so now you can check the value of your investment on the move!

Download it here:

http://www.navcoin.org/downloads

Currently it is an APK download, it will also be available from the play store in the coming days.

Talk soon,
Craig.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

wavespump

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:21:27 AM

The current nav team is awesome, the previous nav was named summercoin, whose dev was scammer, not the team is new, legit team and project.
shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1082
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:46:14 AM

The current nav team is awesome, the previous nav was named summercoin, whose dev was scammer, not the team is new, legit team and project.

Thank you for your kind words. But I correct a few steps Smiley

summercoin (scam dev run away) --> summercoin2 (takeover and swap from soopy as core dev) --> navajocoin (actual team since june 2014) --> navcoin(2015 to now)

regards
shahim
lonerusher

Activity: 136

Crypt the insanity and Verge with Humanity

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:59:44 AM

Nav next target = 20K sats (short term in 1 week)

Crypt the insanity and Verge with Humanity
weilichesbin

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 11:02:10 AM

yes and next week is x-mas

colvano

Activity: 281

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 11:45:30 AM

Much rather I see a steady growth based on development. The development followed by usage should make the market cap grow instead of hype and crazy volatility. Once NAV is full anon, also on mobile, and there are places to use NAV it will see a fast growth. For now step by step, as more people will learn about it and understand it. The trust in the coin has to grow and that will go slow but with development like this it should be a matter of when instead of if.

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:53:29 PM

Just to remind Everyone - if You would like to join our slack channel, please send me a PM with Your email address Smiley
Cheers!

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!
Pages: « 1 ... 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 [970] 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: