Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:07:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bitlife.co

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:13:39 PM

Great news! The NAVpi box will greatly help out the network stability ...will be ordering one soon..jst waiting for a bit of a price jump Tongue
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AztecGoldHero

Activity: 1260
Merit: 644

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 08:46:04 AM

why some stakes has

anyone know about thıs sıtuatıon
colvano

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 11:45:18 AM

why some stakes has

This are orphan blocks: Detached or Orphaned blocks are valid blocks which are not part of the main chain. They can occur naturally when two miners produce blocks at similar times or they can be caused by an attacker (with enough hashing power) attempting to reverse transactions.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5859/what-are-orphaned-and-stale-blocks

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
dr_ropata

Activity: 36
Merit: 56

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:55:58 AM

Hi everyone!

It seems there has been some confusion around the voting for the community banner competition - and with a few of the key community members who initiated it away, I’m going to clarify a few things so that everyone feels comfortable with how it will work :slightly_smiling_face:

Voting - there has been some concern about the voting tool that is being used, and the potential for people to game it. While we trust our community, it’s still probably best to set up as much of a barrier for spam/fraud as possible, so this is why we are switching to a new voting tool. Apologies to anyone who has voted - but you will be able to vote again. The main difference with this tool is that it requires a login before you can vote - and has a bunch of hidden anti-spam features. We will extend the voting period till the 24th just to make sure that no one misses out.

The other concern is that some of the banners don’t match up with the Nav Coin brand, which could cause confusion for people who are new & haven't seen us. I’ll talk about how we address this soon…

So essentially, what is going to happen is that the new voting tool will be put in place shortly (on the same banner page on the website). And we will extend the voting period just to make sure that no one misses out.

If anyone has any last minute banners - then make sure to send them to me in the next 12 hours, as otherwise you won’t be able to get added to the new voting system.

People should vote on the ones they like, and make comments in Slack or on the Bitcointalk forum about any improvements to be made to them. The top two rated banners, at the end of the period, will receive the prize money.

After this time, we will then contact the users who created the top voted banners, and get them to make any of the suggested changes from the community. Ideally there will be a few variations that we can run, so that we can let Google optimise towards the best performing one (with the highest click through rate).
Because we are a brand and these will be publicly facing ad’s, we will let the banner creators know if any of the images or wording clash with our brand values and try to sort out the best way to fix it (and we will be open with the wider community about this as well).

Hope this solves a few of the concerns! Any questions, just let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Check out the updated voting tool here https://navcoin.org/vote-in-the-banner-competition/
AztecGoldHero

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 12:41:42 PM

why some stakes has

This are orphan blocks: Detached or Orphaned blocks are valid blocks which are not part of the main chain. They can occur naturally when two miners produce blocks at similar times or they can be caused by an attacker (with enough hashing power) attempting to reverse transactions.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5859/what-are-orphaned-and-stale-blocks

ty for ınfo bro.
vamos1

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:53:09 PM

Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how these NAV Pi boxes work (not technically, but as from a users perspective) please? Thanks
serpentgawd

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:36:23 PM

Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how these NAV Pi boxes work (not technically, but as from a users perspective) please? Thanks

I'm sorry, but the answer is literary on a previous page you were "reading" when you posted your question, Colvano explained it again.
Before that I and others explained it numerous times. Please don't be so lazy folks. Smiley
raofeihu

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:41:11 AM

Gents,

I'd like to ask, after piling up your coins in the wallet, how long does it take to get the 5% reward?
And how often does this reward is distributed?

Hello!

It takes two hours the first time for your coins to "mature". After that staking will start.
The time to earn a reward depends on the amount of coins you have. The more coins, the more stakes.

Over a year period you will stake 5%. Remember that you also get all the transactions fee's when you find a block.
Every 30 seconds there is a block you can potentially find. 10.000 NAV should stake atleast once a day, 50.000 multiple times a day for example.

To calculate when staking is profitable, have a look at: https://navtechservers.com/navtech-tools/staking-calculator/

Thanks, Man. So far the best answer.
As far as I can see... mining zec seems more profitable than staking nav coins... no?
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:06:43 AM

Thanks, Man. So far the best answer.
As far as I can see... mining zec seems more profitable than staking nav coins... no?

Huh
You are comparing mining one coin to staking another.
What meaningful comparison can you make between those two?

serpentgawd

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:39:16 PM

I checked navcoin.org yesterday afternoon after reading news and there where 21 navpi of one colour and 18 navpi of other colour available.
Let me check it now...
There is 13 transparent and 10 white available.
So I guess you bought like 50 of each colour or half less?
You've said you hired someone or more people in marketing?

IMHO you should have sent those NavPI to crypto news sites/youtube channels, for free and then sell them.

You need HYPE, all the "technical nonsense" is in vain without marketing and hype. ("technical nonsense" explanation --  I believe NAV is one of technically best coins or the best but people don't care, reality of 2017).
With hype they might start believeing)

I apologize for the rant, I've said the same/simmilar in my previous posts about loosing momentum.

colvano

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 08:49:57 PM

I checked navcoin.org yesterday afternoon after reading news and there where 21 navpi of one colour and 18 navpi of other colour available.
Let me check it now...

IMHO you should have sent those NavPI to crypto news sites/youtube channels, for free and then sell them.

You need HYPE, all the "technical nonsense" is in vain without marketing and hype. ("technical nonsense" explanation --  I believe NAV is one of technically best coins or the best but people don't care, reality of 2017).

I apologize for the rant, I've said the same/simmilar in my previous posts about loosing momentum.

What stops you from buying a few Navpi's and sending them to those youtube personalities and news sites? Wink

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
schnib

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:19:58 PM

How was NAV COIN distributed at the beginning? Did you have an ICO or did the Devs just start with all the coins?
Can't find any information on that.
And inflation is just 5% from now on, correct?

bspus
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:36:45 PM

How was NAV COIN distributed at the beginning? Did you have an ICO or did the Devs just start with all the coins?
Can't find any information on that.
And inflation is just 5% from now on, correct?

Long ago (2014) there was a coin called summercoin. It had a limited x11 pow period and after the initial pump and dump the dev abandoned it and everyone lost interest. It was just another p&d coin soon to be forgotten.

Then soopy came from nowhere and decided to revive the project by switching to a new code base, swapping all the old coins for new ones and starting a new pow (x13) period for more coins. After that, it went full pos.
AFAIK there was no preimine

Since development was meant to continue with big plans, we needed a serious name. The name navajo was chosen with a vote, along with the logo. The name was inspired because of their contribution to WW2 with their "code" language.
The coin then rebranded

Then some people claimed that the Navajo tribe was not happy with their brand name being used like that. I'm not sure how founded the claims were but in any case, in order to avoid potential problems, after a long time, it was decided to rebrand yet again.
In order to keep it as simple as possible, the name was shortened to NAV, so no changes were required for exchanges.

Inflation is actually less than 5% in practice because many people do not stake. 5% would be the maximum if everyone did

serpentgawd

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:38:14 PM

Let me check it now...

You need HYPE, all the "technical nonsense" is in vain without marketing and hype. ("technical nonsense" explanation --  I believe NAV is one of technically best coins or the best but people don't care, reality of 2017).

What stops you from buying a few Navpi's and sending them to those youtube personalities and news sites? Wink

It's not a religion, is it?  It's an investment for me and I have invested a lot.
How many coins does NAV team own!?
colvano

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 06:58:02 PM

Let me check it now...

You need HYPE, all the "technical nonsense" is in vain without marketing and hype. ("technical nonsense" explanation --  I believe NAV is one of technically best coins or the best but people don't care, reality of 2017).

It's not a religion, is it?  It's an investment for me and I have invested a lot.

It isn't. You just cannot blame anyone but yourself if it will not give the result you want. They either invested or mined it themselves. So nothing different from any of us. They just decided to also put a lot of effort in it. You just money..

serpentgawd

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:34:52 PM

Let me check it now...

It isn't. You just cannot blame anyone but yourself if it will not give the result you want. They either invested or mined it themselves. So nothing different from any of us. They just decided to also put a lot of effort in it. You just money..

Colvano,

it's mostly my complaining in an effort to move it forward. Trying my best to make banners, retweeting, Facebook likes/shares, explaining staking and other things here, COMPLAINING here, it's an effort right?

Yes, you have been involved, you're trying, it's obvious,  & they also try hard.

But! To make a totally illogical decision like delaying NavPI for "a month" or so because someone from the team needs to go to EU and a guy/team has to be taught to program them and wait for their return!?
I honestly believed there were thousand of NavPI waiting, but no, 50 or 100. Get a kid next time please, he will program them fast.

It's an opinion, a suggestion, a mild criticism of NAV team actions based on my opinion, should I follow blindly or can I express those!?

If you can't handle that, you have to put me down, because I only put my money in it, then please just ignore me.
colvano

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 08:51:34 PM

Let me check it now...

Colvano,

it's mostly my complaining in an effort to move it forward. Trying my best to make banners, retweeting, Facebook likes/shares, explaining staking and other things here, COMPLAINING here, it's an effort right?

Yes, you have been involved, you're trying, it's obvious,  & they also try hard.

But! To make a totally illogical decision like delaying NavPI for "a month" or so because someone from the team needs to go to EU and a guy/team has to be taught to program them and wait for their return!?
I honestly believed there were thousand of NavPI waiting, but no, 50 or 100. Get a kid next time please, he will program them fast.

It's an opinion, a suggestion, a mild criticism of NAV team actions based on my opinion, should I follow blindly or can I express those!?

If you can't handle that, you have to put me down, because I only put my money in it, then please just ignore me.

In the future I will ignore it. Just a last reaction.

Complaining is not what will help. It will make you frustrated and people annoyed with you. Feedback is what people can use. However feedback doesn't only point out the negative parts, but also has a strong focus on positive parts.

1000 navpi? Haha.. Sorry. You live in some dream world it seems. You think a team, self funded, self invested, have 60.000 dollar laying around to just buy materials? Don't forget, you are a speculator, not an investor. You don't contribute anything to the development fund by buying coins. The price might rise, but as I said, there is no development fund made up of nav coin. Or do you expect people that join  the development team to sell all their nav so you can get rich?

In short, your whining is pathetic and I couldn't care less to see you leave. Expecting people to work for you to make you rich and thinking your likes help? What is this world you live in?

What I do, did and will do isn't a standard for what others should do. But expecting others to do things and spend their money for you?

This is just my opinion and as you can see I'm quite strong in my opinion towards whiners that expect others to work for them. Get a sense of life, work and talk with people. You will see nothing just comes to you.

1000 navpi.. Haha....

Edit: you do realize they had no premise of funding or what ever right? They have limited staff, mostly working in their spare time and join voluntary? It seems like you think Apple started a crypto currency with a huge staff, huge budget and unlimited resources. Even in that case your whining is pathetic though.

I am glad the community mostly exist of appreciative people with a sense of reality. And I hope the developers don't get demotivated by a random luck seeker. Perhaps pump and dump coins are more your thing. Development costs time and effort. I'll be happy to buy your coins Smiley

AztecGoldHero

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 10:19:22 PM

bought some more nav. ım waıtıng a rıse ın next few days. for a long run offcourse ıt wıll fly Smiley
bspus
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:06:49 AM

When is segwit expected to lock in? For NAV I mean of course!
And can we see somewhere the percentage of blocks supporting it?

colvano

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 07:38:54 AM

When is segwit expected to lock in? For NAV I mean of course!
And can we see somewhere the percentage of blocks supporting it?

17 may segwit was accepted and 24 may segwit activated. Smiley

Here is an overview of all the weekly updates: https://navtechservers.com/navtech-tools/weekly-updates/

Pages: « 1 ... 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: