Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:32:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTC Cake - It's a piece of cake.  (Read 18577 times)
Chillance (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:49:56 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 03:18:18 PM by Chillance

What the.. I'm getting:

"Error 1001 Ray ID: 17422cee040205bb
DNS resolution error"

for some odd reason now when going to the site. I have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden. I haven't done anything since it worked yesterday.

Edit: Seems like there is a DNS lookup issue within the settings, so hold on whilte I try to solve it...

Edit2: Ok, seems to work for me now.

I gotta say that every time something happens where I can't access the site, I get scared and annoyed, because I do want this to be trustworthy and not scare people by not being able to access the site. Server is robust now though, so I'm pretty sure issues that arrise now isn't related to that. This issue for example, was just that a DNS lookup didn't work.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:00:27 AM

Alright, I just put this live:

• Confirmation of email.
  • Able to Reset Account Password through confirmed email.
  • Confirmation of a withdraw of your bitcoins (again though confirmed email). This means that if you set an email, this needs to be confirmed, before a withdraw can be made. Then you confirm the withdraw through the link provided in the email.

As you can see, I keep adding more security layers. All of the above actually still requires that you still have your unique user cookie. Which is making it much more secure. However, it might make sense to not require that for when resetting account password though... I will see. For now this will work. If it will be a problem later, I can add that less secure way.

Also, I think chat now works! That is, before messages weren't broadcasted to others connected. Should work now. If not, please tell me and I have to do my own solution. Current solution is a hack until it get's fixed in the library I'm using. Next up here will be to improve the chat by actually highlighting new messages and such.

Oh, and I updated the history listing, so it's easier to follow what is going on with your bitcoins. Color coding and such. Actually, it would be cool to add a graph here! Make it more visual on what is happening. Currently it's just a simple table, sorted by time.
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:02:06 PM

And now the chat makes much more sense. (And seems to work live as well, where you get a message if someone else says something. This didn't work before).

If it's minimized, chat will jump once when a new message arrives, and it will say "x New" and it will be in a green color in the header.

It will not be marked as read until the message is in view. Also, the messages have a yellow highlight which will fade a way when it's in view.

Also, if you arrive at the site and don't read/open up the chat, it will still remember that and show it as new if you close the browser and return at a later time (this wasn't the case before as it would update what's latest as soon as you arrived, now you actually have to see the message before it will be marked as "read". Some javascript magic. Smiley ).

It will also not scroll down if a new message arrives and you have scrolled up in the list. That would have been annoying. You will just see "1 New" in green in the header. If you are at the bottom of the list and a new message arrives, it will scroll down to show it though. Quite neat.

Oh, and as an added bonus, the scrolling has momentum, bounces and you can drag it with your mouse. Smiley

I've also updated the css to make it better responsive in all kind of screen resolutions. This wasn't the case either as it had an offset which made the whole thing pushed far too much to the left and out of view on less screen resolutions such as mobile phones. Now it's adapting better.

I plan to fix this for a few other things as well. Such as the cards, and a few glitches inside the cake view.
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:53:13 PM

Hey folks!

Another update. I'm still around working on it.

Did I mention that I now fixed so the site works down to small mobile phones? Well, I did. Smiley

But the latest biggest thing is support for "tokens". What is it? Well, a user had an idea about something that would enable him to let him decide who can place bets. So, now we have the concept of "tokens". That means that if the cake requires these tokens, a token has to be provided with the bet to be able to place that bet.

So now, whoever creates a cake, has the ability to generate these tokens. Which really is just some random generated characters. Typically you can create a cake, generate tokens, and only you see these tokens. Give them to whoever you want to be able to bet.

I created a nifty side panel for this. This functionality isn't for everyone. But it's there. The side panel is also a start for other neat things I might add in the future for other things the "owner" of the cake may want.

Here is a screen-shot of the panel.

And this is how it will look when tokens are "enabled":

Chillance (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:32:16 PM

Also, the site now supports SSL (https://www.btccake.com/), but mainly because Cloudflare rolled out their "Universal SSL". Pretty nifty because that means that the data will be encrypted between you and Cloudflare. Not yet between Cloudflare and BTC Cake servers yet though, but I must say that this is pretty nifty still. Halfway there. And I'm all for user security.

More about it here: https://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-universal-ssl/

I recommend using https (note s at the end) anytime that is possible, which is is now.
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

And now you can set your own withdraw transfer fee. Meaning you can set it to 0 if you want too! Smiley Might take a while to be accepted in the network, but I like giving my users options.
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:57:05 AM

I'm actually not totally satisfied with the result of the BTC Cake explainer video but I thought I put it online for now and fix it when I can.

http://youtu.be/-3YTA6EXVxo

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:01:39 AM

I just did a "background update", which means I did an update that isn't viewable (at first glance) but now is actullly finally made the site quite nice to use. Not only should chat work well now, but also now events that are send at different times, such as if someone places a bet on a cake and you are there, or time runs out of a cake while you are there. It didn't work before because of technical reasons, but that should now be in place!

Meaning that if you for example are viewing a cake, and someone places a bet, that should happen almost instantly in your view as well! No need to reload the page or anything like that. This makes for a much better experience.
byteSized

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:49:32 AM

This looks really interesting!  Smiley

Testing it out with the PlayBTC for now haha. But I've noticed there's not a lot of people.

I suggest doing a signature campaign if you're not already doing so.

Good luck. Cheesy

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

Sig campaign is always a good thing to attract people.
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:39:09 PM

This looks really interesting!  Smiley

Testing it out with the PlayBTC for now haha. But I've noticed there's not a lot of people.

I suggest doing a signature campaign if you're not already doing so.

Good luck. Cheesy

What is funny is that those that get how it works seems to like it, but yet the site is lacking users. That is why I was hoping this promo https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896197.0 would help.. And it did, some new fans. Smiley Still not as much traction as I would have liked though.

Anyway, I will just give it time. Eventually it might explode with new people. I'm pretty sure this is the hardest part. Get initial amount of users to keep it going. It's the "chicken and egg" problem. Users will stay if there are many users. But to get many users, I need to have users that stays. Smiley

Which is why I'm so grateful for the dedicated people I have there now.
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:40:07 PM

How do one do a "sig campaign"?

Also, a new "Tip" system is in place! You can right or left click a user in the chat, and send bitcoins to that user if you want. It is send over instantly.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:37:22 PM

Also, a new "Tip" system is in place! You can right or left click a user in the chat, and send bitcoins to that user if you want. It is send over instantly.

Signature campaigns can be found on the thread. Maybe you should simplify your betting game. You should instantly know how it works. I find it too complicated. Good luck with your business.
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:42:14 PM

Signature campaigns can be found on the thread. Maybe you should simplify your betting game. You should instantly know how it works. I find it too complicated. Good luck with your business.
You just bet on a side. It's that simple. Wink
byteSized

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:37:22 PM

This thread contains a summary of the signature campaigns in the forum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

You could look over them and learn by example. Smiley

Dalyb

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:01:50 AM

I can't withdraw, if i click on the confirmation link in the email, i have this:

https://i.imgur.com/qqYtO8w.png
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:26:33 AM

That is odd. Let me test...
Dalyb

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:52:44 AM

Is it working for you? Smiley
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:02:48 AM

Its some stupid mixup with deposit and withdraw addresses. Please wait while I correct the issue.
Chillance (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:17:22 AM

Ok, please try now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: