Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:08:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Stock Exchange - Do you want to be a stock broker?  (Read 1074 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:15:36 PM

I'm creating a Bitcoin/Crypto stock exchange that will faciliate Crypto based stocks trades in the Crypto community and also the general public.

For example if there is a mining company that would like to go public and have an IPO a certain amount of shares will be created using cryptographic technology and then in turn will be sold during the IPO.

I'm very ambitious about this project and I feel it could do very well and one day rival other stock exchanges such as the NASDAQ and NYSE.

Bitcoin is money 2.0 and in turn it needs a stock exchange 2.0 and that is exactly what this will be.

If you are interested in being involved in this project please reply here or shoot me a PM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4610

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:14:04 PM

I'm creating a Bitcoin/Crypto stock exchange that will faciliate Crypto based stocks trades in the Crypto community and also the general public.

For example if there is a mining company that would like to go public and have an IPO a certain amount of shares will be created using cryptographic technology and then in turn will be sold during the IPO.

I'm very ambitious about this project and I feel it could do very well and one day rival other stock exchanges such as the NASDAQ and NYSE.

Bitcoin is money 2.0 and in turn it needs a stock exchange 2.0 and that is exactly what this will be.

If you are interested in being involved in this project please reply here or shoot me a PM.

If you are located in the U.S., and are successful in this effort, then the S.E.C. will come knocking at your door, and you will be very unhappy with the resulting consequences.
pummle

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:25:12 PM

This should be in "project developement" or "securities", maybe "trading discusions", but certainly not in the general "bitcoin discusion" board.

What experience do you bring to the table to make you able to succeed in this area where others have failed? (GLBSE, bitfunder, BTCT)

What is your physical location (country)?

How will you differentiate yourself from the other people doing the same thing? (MPEx, cryptostocks, bitcoinbourse, etc)

Who are you and why should anybody trust you with their bitcoins?

edit: please note that is is bad manners to post the same thing in multiple locations. I have reported this to the moderators. 

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:12:10 PM

I think this is very similar to what to the same project others are working on like Ethereum and Bitshares or maybe I'm misunderstanding.  That is possible I'm just now trying to wrap my mind around what they are all about.  The little guy needs something of this nature done the right way and Wall Street clearly is not that, good luck.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:16:43 PM

I think this is very similar to what to the same project others are working on like Ethereum and Bitshares or maybe I'm misunderstanding.  That is possible I'm just now trying to wrap my mind around what they are all about.  The little guy needs something of this nature done the right way and Wall Street clearly is not that, good luck.
I'm pretty sure he's looking into something like that website on which you could buy Cryptsy's shares.
Interesting idea, I could participate. As long as you're not in the US.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:23:33 PM

...I could participate. As long as you're not in the US.

Sort of ironic how the "land of the free" is toxic for so many types of businesses.

cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:48:17 PM

Sort of ironic how the "land of the free" is toxic for so many types of businesses.

I think only the most delusional call america that these days.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:50:56 PM

You mean the land of the free where you are placed in a cage for having a specific type of plant for own use?
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:44:24 PM

You are aware that there is https://www.havelockinvestments.com/ and you know about all the failed exchanges (BitFunder, ....)? I also believe that they didn't yield as much profit as their operators hoped for.
I've yet to hear about a successful stock that actually accomplishes something... Even ASICMiner seems dead in the water as of now!!!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hollowframe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:48:13 PM

You are aware that there is https://www.havelockinvestments.com/ and you know about all the failed exchanges (BitFunder, ....)? I also believe that they didn't yield as much profit as their operators hoped for.
I've yet to hear about a successful stock that actually accomplishes something... Even ASICMiner seems dead in the water as of now!!!
One thing that havelock has in the community that the OP would likely not have is trust. Without trust it will be very difficult to get companies to participate in the exchange and would make it even harder to investors to send money to the exchange as they wouldn't know if you will simply steal their money.
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:49:26 PM

Unless the stock exchange gets legal in every country, I wouldn't touch it. I've dabbled and have lost a ton in the "exchange" biz.. I think its best to just freaking  buy and hold....
pummle

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:12:27 PM

I think only the most delusional call america that these days.

So, no answer to all the questions/concerns about your project, just some off-topic one-liner? This is not going to end well ...

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:23:42 AM

I heard lakebtc seemed about to launch this stock service

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████