Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kony 2012: Is this ethical, morally just but questionable, or just plain wrong?  (Read 4348 times)
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:23:46 PM

Sorry- I don't YouTube. Is that many self-proclaimed views legit? Are there really that many followers who will flock to whatever the latest trend their celebrity gods tell them to adopt.

Excuse me while I take a moment to weep for the lost soul of humanity.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:49:36 PM

Sorry- I don't YouTube. Is that many self-proclaimed views legit? Are there really that many followers who will flock to whatever the latest trend their celebrity gods tell them to adopt.

Excuse me while I take a moment to weep for the lost soul of humanity.
I'm fairly sure it's legit; I see no reason for Google to lie about that (though personally, I'd rather it be counterfeit). Such sheeple-ness is certainly indicative that "humanity has lost its soul", but it is an inevitable consequence of the connected world we are in.

I would like to point out that anti-anti-Kony has become more popular recently, as more truth is exposed. It's rather disturbing how so many people believed the deception thrown out in the video.
(edit: this indicator certainly indicates how perception has changed on this subject, but the page is still rather biased)
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 03:09:58 PM

So Kony is a good guy  Cheesy

bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 03:17:41 PM

All it takes to change reality is the intent that it shall be changed.

when millions understand the fraud of debt and the racket of war, it will be over for the rats before dinner time.

If such a tipping point can be that closer through Kony in Uganda, than so be it.

dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:48:32 PM

I don't think anyone agreed that Kony is a good guy. The point I was making is that no matter what, a single viral video should not persuade the populace to stupidly charge into a developing country. This isn't the foreign policy that will get humanity anywhere.
bitdragon

peace

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 09:48:38 PM

I don't think anyone agreed that Kony is a good guy. The point I was making is that no matter what, a single viral video should not persuade the populace to stupidly charge into a developing country. This isn't the foreign policy that will get humanity anywhere.

Fully agree. Time to get out of Syria, Lybia, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and a whole pile of other countries as it was all and is based on crap and stupidity.

check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:41:59 PM

If Kony is not yet dead then their is a viable non-invasion strategy, though unpleasant, that can destroy him for good. Since Kony and his men rape and capture children to become soldiers, and Africa has a very large AIDS epidemic, infected people can be moved to the areas where the attacks take place. They will be ensnared by their own destructive tendencies.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
bitdragon

peace

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 09:17:44 AM

If Kony is not yet dead then their is a viable non-invasion strategy, though unpleasant, that can destroy him for good. Since Kony and his men rape and capture children to become soldiers, and Africa has a very large AIDS epidemic, infected people can be moved to the areas where the attacks take place. They will be ensnared by their own destructive tendencies.

Please do share what their own destructive tendencies as you seem well informed on the subject.
Surely you don't imply that reproducing themselves is a destructive tendency do you?

check_status

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 07:45:37 PM

Please do share what their own destructive tendencies as you seem well informed on the subject.
Surely you don't imply that reproducing themselves is a destructive tendency do you?
If Kony is not yet dead then their is a viable non-invasion strategy, though unpleasant, that can destroy him for good. Since Kony and his men rape and capture women and children to become soldiers and wives, and Africa has a very large AIDS epidemic, infected people can be moved to the areas where the attacks take place. They will be ensnared by their own destructive tendencies.
I hope this provides clarity for you bitdragon. Smiley

If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:43:04 PM

If Kony is not yet dead then their is a viable non-invasion strategy, though unpleasant, that can destroy him for good. Since Kony and his men rape and capture women and children to become soldiers and wives, and Africa has a very large AIDS epidemic, infected people can be moved to the areas where the attacks take place. They will be ensnared by their own destructive tendencies.

So your advocating finding Kong, staging an invasion of African countries, mass kidnapping AIDS victims and turning the victims over to Kony.

And you are doing this to kill Kony.

What are you injecting?
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:16:18 AM

Don't know anything about Kony, but Rap News is hilarious as usual...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68GbzIkYdc8

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:43:23 AM

So your advocating finding Kong, staging an invasion of African countries, mass kidnapping AIDS victims and turning the victims over to Kony.

And you are doing this to kill Kony.

What are you injecting?

Already been done three times in the movies. He always dies in the end, and doesn't get the girl.
bitdragon

peace

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 08:34:54 AM

House of Numbers

benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 11:31:39 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/16/jason-russell-arrested-invisible-children-kony_n_1354455.html

LOL it appears at this point the weight of the evidence is piling up on the "just plain wrong" side...

(BONUS working video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/16/jason-russell-detained-after-alleged-meltdown_n_1354740.html)

LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:50:34 AM

Well, there you go! Another quality liberal bleeding heart voice reduced to alcohol abuse and public masturbation. I'm sure it will all come out that it was society's fault for not having a village to raise his sorry ass.
benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 05:51:02 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2012, 06:51:25 AM by benjamindees

quality liberal bleeding heart

Actually it seems to be more like "closeted evangelical aspiring show-tunes dancer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gipb-w2ZQGM&t=3m15s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWACLKaOC08&t=1m30s

stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 06:36:37 AM

seems the guy in the video went crazy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/16/world/africa/uganda-viral-video/index.html

When I was watching the video they made I was thinking that the director and Kony are probably the same type of people.  They both are charismatic and can influence people.  As you can see, it does not take much for people to go crazy.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 03:55:51 PM

quality liberal bleeding heart

Actually it seems to be more like "closeted evangelical aspiring show-tunes dancer."

Well I was reacting to the glamorous list of glitterati who are flocking to the cause... but I do have to say - "closeted evangelical aspiring show-tunes dancer." is a truly classic description. Thank you for bringing that into my day.
check_status

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:08:32 PM

seems the guy in the video went crazy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/16/world/africa/uganda-viral-video/index.html

When I was watching the video they made I was thinking that the director and Kony are probably the same type of people.  They both are charismatic and can influence people.  As you can see, it does not take much for people to go crazy.
White powders and glass pipes have that effect, remember Martin Lawrence and his intersection issue?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: