Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:53:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who wants candy?  (Read 3863 times)
CANDIES (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 01:08:01 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2012, 12:59:04 AM by CANDIES

Somebody in my family works at a candy factory. I was given a box of snickers, heath bars, reeses peanut butter cups, hershey bars, and butterfingers. Im selling 1 pound of chocolates for 1.5 coins. One coin ship within the US. No international shipping. I will ship first for those with rep. Below is a short list of what i can get. I will add more stuff later. If you have questions or want candy PM me.

Starbursts
Lemon heads
Laffy taffy
Reese peanut butter cups
Sour watermelons
Twix
Candy corn
York peppermint patties
Tootsie rolls
Skittles
Snow caps
Hershey kisses
Reeses pieces
Sour patch kids
Air heads
Starbursts jelly beans
Chocolate turtles w/ pecan and caramel
Runts
Boston baked beans
Andys mints
Tootsie pops
Chocolate and yogurt balls
Sour cherries
Gummy bears
Snickers
Orange slices
Chocolate raisins
Sweedish fish
M&M's
Jelly belly jelly beans
PEZ
Mike and Ike
War Heads

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1135

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 02:40:15 AM

Pic?

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
SerenaL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 02:44:03 AM

Yummy! I may be interested in this...
jjjrmy

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 02:46:57 AM

I'm selling the site www.bitsweets.com

You know you want it :p
CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 02:55:35 AM

I will need a few days to get you a pic. I dont have a camera at the moment but I will find somebody with a camera phone. You have alot of posts casascius I can ship first if your interested.

I dont need a site right now but I will keep you in mind.   :  )
CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:16:02 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2012, 03:26:53 AM by CANDIES

I know this isnt as good as the real thing but it gives you an idea what your getting. I will get you guys a real pic soon.

This place isnt the manufacturer. They are distributors. They buy in bulk and re-sell locally.

NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:19:03 AM

I smell...

CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:33:14 AM

Holliday and NothinG I will ship first for you guys too.    Grin
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 03:36:35 AM

I want (seriously) several cases of Starburst Crazy Beans.  I can get them for $1.98 at Walmart a bag.  Can you get me  them in large quantities?  They are quite possibly the worlds most delicious candy.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:53:09 AM

If only you could put Reeses Peanut Butter Cups into a blockchain....

CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:01:16 AM

I will find out about your starburst crazy beans Inaba.

You want some candy Matthew? I will ship first for you too.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:02:53 AM

No offense intended to OP, but anyone who does business with him based on the information in this thread alone is an idiot and supports scammers.

If OP is willing to send before receiving payment, ignore the above.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:08:04 AM

No offense intended to OP, but anyone who does business with him based on the information in this thread alone is an idiot and supports scammers.

Apparently he is willing to ship first. Do you think he will be sending wax instead of chocolate? (Well... since they've changed the definition of chocolate, this is the case whether it comes from the factory or not!)

Anyway, sounds like you can even pay after eating.

Updated to reflect foot in mouth.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:11:58 AM

Mmmmm, candy.

Now this is something that might get me to part with my bitcoin.

These didn't fall off the back of a truck somewhere, did they?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:19:03 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2012, 04:59:55 AM by CANDIES

I promise nothing fell off the truck. They regularly hand out free candy to their employees and their customers. My contact comes home with candy all the time. I have been giving it away to friends and bringing some to work. I noticed how expensive candy has become so I figured I might try to make a few coins. Will ship first for you too MoonShadow. Anybody with over 1000 posts can try before they buy.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:27:27 AM

In that case, I'll take a sampler pack.  Whatever you can assemble into whatever standard shipping container that you choose to use.  PM me a description and a price, please.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MeldIntent

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 05:56:40 AM

Somebody in my family works at a candy factory. I was given a giant box of snickers, reeses peanut butter cups, and hershey kisses with almonds. Everything is factory sealed. Its fresh too just came off the truck a few days ago. We can get all kinds of candy. Starbursts, skittles, gummy bears, tootsie rolls, chocolate raisins, jolly ranchers, laffy taffy. Pretty much any candy you can think of. Right now i only have the chocolates but i can get you whatever you want on request. Im selling a half pound of the chocolates for 2 coins with free shipping within the US. Mix and match any of the 3 brands. I know im new so i will ship first for those with rep. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

You're selling half a pound of candy for two bitcoins? Sorry, but am I misunderstanding you? That doesn't seem like a very good deal. Eleven ounces of Hershey Kisses with almonds are under $4 at Walmart. Three half pound bags for two bitcoins would be approaching a good deal, but still isn't anything wonderful.
CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 06:01:48 AM

Walmart doesnt accept coins. It also costs me $5 to ship. I think my price is fair.
MeldIntent

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 06:20:52 AM

Walmart doesnt accept coins. It also costs me $5 to ship. I think my price is fair.

Sure, Walmart won't accept bitcoins, but bitcoins are fungible. I don't think many people have a problem exchanging their BTC to USD.

It may cost you $5 to ship, but you can ship quite a few of your (freely acquired) bags of candy for $5. Why claim free shipping? 
CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 06:31:40 AM

Why give me a hard time?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: