Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:24:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBx down since July 3, 2014- Now up - account holders are locked out  (Read 3392 times)
pirsquared (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:44:01 PM

UPDATE: New shit has come to light.

I promised the member of this site to not disclose this "new shit." There is a reason that some people can withdraw BTC from Campbx.com and others get the "cold wallet maintenance" error.

It's really bad form for an exchange to allow a customer service rep use the pseudonym of Sonny V (see the Butterfly Labs debacle and testimony) to respond to customers with problems accessing their accounts. Given the goxing early this year when trading was allowed despite users not being able to withdraw BTC; it is VERY irresponsible for a reputable company to allow trading if the coin buyers can't withdraw their coins.

Understand that if you use an exchange (any exchange), you stand the risk of being a sheep led to slaughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIv7W7rhx4

FWIW, I am still locked out of my account so I can't attempt the "new shit" solution.

If you HODL store it CODL!
pirsquared (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:19:06 PM

UPDATE:

Did "Forgot Password" on main site and was able to gain access to my account. I can now put sell orders for my BTC on the board, but can NOT withdraw the bitcoin in the account. Error message reads: Cold wallet maintenance in progress. Please reattempt after 5 hours.

Many people have had this issue. A few have found ways around it which I will not discuss (new shit has come to light). I will continue to attempt to withdraw my coins and report back.

pirsquared (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:57:40 PM

UPDATE:

I am now able to login to Campbx.com and was able to move coin off the exchange. I do not know if I will return to Campbx in the future. However, it is only fair to say that my issues have been resolved to my satisfaction.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:03:09 PM

I am glad you got your coins back.
Really sorry to see a USA based exchange having so much trouble.

st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:09:53 PM

Also glad you and others can withdraw your coins. I wish all the best for CampBx
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:27:37 AM

Glad you got your coins out. That is what I had to do eventually when I couldn't get any fiat out and I couldn't get a response from camp bx. I really don't know what their story is. They just don't seem to care about the business at all and if that's true they could take your BTC one day and that would be the end of your account.
pirsquared (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:57:27 PM

Glad you got your coins out. That is what I had to do eventually when I couldn't get any fiat out and I couldn't get a response from camp bx. I really don't know what their story is. They just don't seem to care about the business at all and if that's true they could take your BTC one day and that would be the end of your account.

I think about third party services everyday and how to solve these problems. Think about the silk road vendors that were selling legal wares in their own jurisdictions that just had their coin auctioned off. If your exchange participates in money laundering or any other activity that the local government deems unsavory; innocent users may just get their BTC seized. Of course this is notwithstanding internal thefts and hacks that are pretty fucking commonplace.

I'm happy that it worked out well for me; but for every good ending there are several others that do not end as well. All in all, I am very pleased with my personal outcome. However, I am in the minority of people with satisfactory results amidst this type of activity.

FWIW, I never got a helpful response from Keyur or any other Bx employee. I worked it out myself. I know of a few people that had their API keys revoked trying to withdraw BTC from Bx. It is the wild west insofar as third party services are concerned and consumers should beware. One year ago, I hoped we would stop hearing about this BS. If we hope for greater adoption, increased value, and safe access; we must find a safer alternative than the ones that currently exist.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: