Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:48:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!  (Read 748497 times)
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:25:30 PM

So in short my tweet/post was to refute bob's fudding of Shadowcash and its tech.

Except you came on the XST thread to fud instead of just tweeting back.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tx42

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:27:44 PM

Btw, where's CryptoHangman? I'm waiting for him to show up & post the same two stupid pictures that he always posts.

Don't know where CryptoHangman is BUT I GOT THIS.

STEALTHCOIN NEW INVESTORS AND BAGHOLDERS IN NEAR FUTURE

WHALES, EMILIO MAN AND BOB´S GROUP

It would surprise you if you knew how much the value of my XST portfolio has increased since these pictures were fist posted on this thread, just with a buy and hold strategy.

They are like good luck charms.

00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:28:54 PM

So in short my tweet/post was to refute bob's fudding of Shadowcash and its tech.

Except you came on the XST thread to fud instead of just tweeting back.

I didn't fud. And i came on here in response to my tweet being pasted in a picture and quoted on this thread.

see this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.msg9053305#msg9053305
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:31:30 PM

All this fud to push down only 500 sats? LOL
RadDragon

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

Sound science

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 03:32:13 PM

As i stated in my post/tweet my issue was with bob calling Shadowcash shit, while proclaiming how awesome and brilliant XST is as a coin with their new release of "stealth addy's" which was a copy/paste of SDC code with a variable name change.

The use of the copyright was acknowledged and i see it as a compliment to Shadowcash tech.  

Its good to see XST developments and nice to see a dev that sticks with his coin, competition breeds innovation.

Bob does that because it scares sheeple into a herd, you know?  He's pretty manipulative.

I wish he wouldn't do that, too.  It is vitriolic and kind of sociopathic.

BTC donations: 13aybLjCevCow87LaQQ3CtsFLMgBFchs3Y
risefromtheashes74

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:34:18 PM

Btw, where's CryptoHangman? I'm waiting for him to show up & post the same two stupid pictures that he always posts.

Don't know where CryptoHangman is BUT I GOT THIS.

STEALTHCOIN NEW INVESTORS AND BAGHOLDERS IN NEAR FUTURE
http://moisesmoreira1.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mundo-globalizado-mendigo-navegar-internet.jpg

WHALES, EMILIO MAN AND BOB´S GROUP
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb38SY2m4cejbbqRboYLXlJT3btasbQK7HN_iV65D4ZNOJrNz02A

It would surprise you if you knew how much the value of my XST portfolio has increased since these pictures were fist posted on this thread, just with a buy and hold strategy.

They are like good luck charms.

It's true, I should print it out & carry it like a lucky rabbit's foot.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:36:26 PM

Where's BOB at now?  Always go silent when he dump.

Guy needs a new game.  Facking loser.

what dump?
#XST #stealthcoin is undumpable
tx42

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:41:25 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 04:04:04 PM by tx42

It's amazing how people think Bob is responsible for everything bad. Give it a few months and people will claim Bob fucked up their home insurance claim.

Bob caused Hurricane Katrina. #bobfact

tx42

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:42:13 PM

It's amazing how people think Bob is responsible for everything bad. Give it a few months and people will claim Bob fucked up their home insurance claim.

Bob caused the Russian winter that drove Napolean back to France. #bobfact

sibcurrency

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:43:38 PM

smart guys (like Bob) keep silence right now... because they aRE BUYING CHEAP COOOOINS!!! Tongue

[XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthSend, World's first anonymous SMS
tx42

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:43:41 PM

Bob was 11 of the 18 terrorists from 9-11. #bobfact

risefromtheashes74

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:45:11 PM

Bob killed my alternator last night #bobfacts LOL!!!

Funny, I used to be on the other side of this.
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:05:58 PM

#Bobfacts Glaciers from Earth are melting because Bob dumped salt on them! #XST #stealthcoin #MOON #WINNER

https://twitter.com/traderminer/status/517706836355870720
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:14:55 PM

Bob is bad for the community.  #realbobfact

without Bob XST would not be on cryptsy and entering anytime from now on mintpal V2  Wink
Thanks Bob's group
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:23:56 PM

Can the dev explain how adding 'stealth address' mid block chain provides anonymous transactions?

It won't anonymize transactions earlier in the chain (you can't change history). It will anonymize transactions in the future for those who use stealth addresses.

Even if the entire history of an input is known, as soon as that input is sent to a stealth address, it is effectively sent into a black hole with respect to the identity of the recipient.

I beg to differ, Stealth suffers from the same disadvantage as Shadow did when it released stealth address.

As long as previous inputs are known (which they are since you added stealth mid block chain) it provides very little benefit.

Think about it, if adding stealth mid block chain provided anon then why did Peter Todd not implement it into Bitcoin? Simple it is not the solution.

The solution is having stealth from the genesis block and every client (both receive and sender) using stealth address.

That can't be true, I saw it on twitter that it's ground breaking stuff and best anon feature (or package of features) ever seen in a coin.

:rollseyes:

^ I am with STUPID!
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:34:00 PM

Can the dev explain how adding 'stealth address' mid block chain provides anonymous transactions?

It won't anonymize transactions earlier in the chain (you can't change history). It will anonymize transactions in the future for those who use stealth addresses.

Even if the entire history of an input is known, as soon as that input is sent to a stealth address, it is effectively sent into a black hole with respect to the identity of the recipient.

I beg to differ, Stealth suffers from the same disadvantage as Shadow did when it released stealth address.

As long as previous inputs are known (which they are since you added stealth mid block chain) it provides very little benefit.

Think about it, if adding stealth mid block chain provided anon then why did Peter Todd not implement it into Bitcoin? Simple it is not the solution.

The solution is having stealth from the genesis block and every client (both receive and sender) using stealth address.

That can't be true, I saw it on twitter that it's ground breaking stuff and best anon feature (or package of features) ever seen in a coin.

:rollseyes:

the solution will be stealthsend and all other coins will may use its source code when it is released  Wink
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:50:44 PM

the solution will be stealthsend and all other coins will may use its source code when it is released  Wink

You do know there is already a crypto currency which has improved on the original SDC code to provide the above .. anonymous transactions via stealth platform from the genesis block i.e. you never know who the input or outputs belong to ...

^ I am with STUPID!
tx42

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:58:37 PM

Dasource, No point trying to explain...these XST shills dont listen to logic

All I see are a bunch of SDC shills coming to the XST thread.

Where are the leveldb shills? That code was used too. Oh, that's right, they aren't so insecure that they have to troll a thread just to get some recognition. They code their shit and move on.

boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:09:56 PM

Here are all questions and answers of the yesterdays reddit-AMA with Hondo.

Sources:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=807117.0
http://www.reddit.com/r/Stealthcoin/comments/2i1w6s/ask_me_about_tonights_stealthcoin_release/

Green: questions
Brown: Hondo

Would you consider this the leading form of anonymous tech in altcoins today?

I believe this particular combination is as strong as any other anonymity currently available. Stealth addresses hide the receiver of a transaction perfectly while Tor integration stifles attempts to sniff the network. So StealthCoin addresses two parts of what I consider to be the triplet of anonymity: network analysis resistance, sender hiding, and receiver hiding.

In my opinion, StealthCoin anonymity is comparable to CryptoNote anonymity, which hides sender and receiver. At this point, no CryptoNote coins come with functional Tor, so, like StealthCoin, they satisfy two parts of the triplet.

An advantage of stealth addresses over CryptoNote is that stealth addresses do not require any extra storage in the block chain relative to normal transactions. This is not the case with CryptoNote coins that suffer from block chain bloat due to the large size of ring signatures.

Additionally, StealthCoin is Proof-of-Stake, which is impossible to implement using a ring signature system without expensive zero-knowledge proofs of ownership.

What are stealth addresses and how are you "hiding the receiver of a transaction perfectly"?
In general terms, what is the method?

A public stealth address has two conceptual parts. One part is the receiver's "public" address. From this address many new addresses can be created that function on the block chain to send the receiver funds. I'll call these "block chain addresses". In practical terms, it is mathematically impossible to link a block chain address to the public address, or any two block chain addresses to each other. Every time any sender sends coins to a particular public stealth address, they create a new block chain address, unlinkable to any other address.

So wait. You have a working PoSA?

In principle, yes. Stealth addresses represent working PoSA.

Is the wallet update tonight the one that was originally scheduled for Oct 15 or is that going to be another update?

No, the mid-October update is different. I was inspired to make tonight's update outside of the roadmap because I felt that StealthCoin's anonymity needed to be improved.

Any ETA on stealth Send with the Chandran signatures?

It is due in mid-November. Hopefully I can meet that timeline. I'm interested in all aspects of crypto, so I have a tendency to take on projects. Hopefully I can not be distracted by all the things I want to do with StealthCoin so that I may focus on StealthSend.

What this new version of tor presents advantages over earlier?

The new version of Tor has some stability improvements over the previous version, which was public alpha. The new version is a "release candidate" meaning it is more stable. This should help with synchronization, hopefully, although I have not tested it extensively to measure the performance enhancements.

Please expand on whatever "network analysis resistance" is?

"Network analysis resistance" means that it is difficult to sniff a network to understand the communication therein and links between devices on that network.

Can you explain a little bit how the database back-end/leveldb works and how it makes the wallet ultra fast?

Leveldb uses a B-Tree hashing data structure. The "level" part of "leveldb" refers to the fact that the branches are all balanced dynamically as the tree (database) grows, ensuring that the lookup is scales with the log of the number of leaves in the tree. This backend was incorporated into Bitcoin recently to address it's growing size.

Will we in the future, see i2p supported?

I need to look seriously at i2p and whether it provides strong enough network analysis resistance to warrant inclusion. At this point, I don't have plans for i2p, but I am not opposed to it in principle.

What do you think will be the "next big thing" after the recent, slowly fading anon-hype? I guess it will be usability, crypto has to move forward as a whole.

Anonymity is not "hype" in my opinion. It is a cardinal aspect of cryptography and deserves a central place of importance in crypto-currencies. Further, I believe that interest in anonymity will not fade until the fundamental problems with hiding the sender are sufficiently addressed. Right now, the options are expensive ring signatures or mixing. Neither are optimal in my opinion. My guess is that a happy compromise will be found that provides plausible deniability for sending while requiring only a modest memory footprint. Hopefully I can make headway towards that solution.

What do you think about #hondofact on twitter?

I think it's awesome and a lot of fun to read those "facts"!

Thx @ Hondo for his time and these cool answers - but also thanks to the people who asked questions. Great AMA that made me even more sure of this project.

What can be more clear and easy to understand that this Q&A. Who continues to fud after this piece of explanation , must be dumb and mentally ill person.
tx42

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:10:49 PM

Your rationale ("think about it...") does not address your claim ("As long as...").

If something goes into a "black hole" it is hidden, no matter what it's history. Do you have any cryptographic rationale for your claim, or are you going to stick with what Peter Todd does or doesn't do?

Pages: « 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: