Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitscalper back to business  (Read 20931 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 01:27:54 AM

What do you mean ?

Your site shows a list of withdrawal requests, and yet you claim you don't have a list of withdrawals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 01:28:21 AM

I said withdrawals will be processed, didn't you get this ? read back the thread. We will reconstruct the table and process the withdrawals.

Well gosh, I can't imagine why he might think you're full of shit.

Or to put it more simply, actions speak louder than words, and your actions scream scammer.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
bitscalper (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 01:31:31 AM

I will explain you guys. The way bitscalper keeps track of user balances is by subtracting the total withdrawals from the user sub-balance in the wallet. So the withdrawal table is gone and it's hard reconstruct how much each user withdrew already without some collaboration from their side. The current withdrawal list could contain easily withdrawal requests exceeding the real user balances and we cannot process them blindly. I hope it's clear enough.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 01:33:08 AM

I will explain you guys. The way bitscalper keeps track of user balances is by subtracting the total withdrawals from the user sub-balance in the wallet. So the withdrawal table is gone and it's hard reconstruct how much each user withdrew already without some collaboration from their side. The current withdrawal list could contain easily withdrawal requests exceeding the real user balances and we cannot process them blindly. I hope it's clear enough.

No. That only clears up one thing that we already knew:

You're incompetent.

Just give them their sub-balance back, idiot.

If by some insane system of horrible accounting on your part you lose some money, call it a "stupid fee" for not being a professional.

bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 01:34:54 AM

I said withdrawals will be processed, didn't you get this ? read back the thread. We will reconstruct the table and process the withdrawals.

Or to put it more simply, actions speak louder than words, and your actions scream scammer.

I don't approve the fact that an user flagged as "Global Moderator" on this forum uses such a language. It feels decadent. Please go ahead and remove the scammer flag from my account now. Thanks.
bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 01:37:48 AM

No. That only clears up one thing that we already knew:

You're incompetent.

Just give them their sub-balance back, idiot.

If by some insane system of horrible accounting on your part you lose some money, call it a "stupid fee" for not being a professional.

Calm up your hot head and go talk like that to someone else. I will do the right thing without your helpless consulting. Go check your ego mania.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 01:43:12 AM

I don't approve the fact that an user flagged as "Global Moderator" on this forum uses such a language. It feels decadent. Please go ahead and remove the scammer flag from my account now. Thanks.

Nobody cares what some random scammer approves of. It'll be removed when you stop being a scamming piece of shit. Of course I'm sure it won't take long after that before you "accidentally" lose records again.   Roll Eyes

bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 01:46:33 AM

Nobody cares what some random scammer approves of. It'll be removed when you stop being a scamming piece of shit. Of course I'm sure it won't take long after that before you "accidentally" lose records again.   Roll Eyes

You are very rude my dear BadBear. The piece of shit is you talking like this honestly Smiley
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 01:50:27 AM

You are very rude my dear BadBear. The piece of shit is you talking like this honestly Smiley

Rude is taking people's money in a ponzi scheme then disappearing for a month with no updates, also something a piece of shit would do. 

bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 01:53:02 AM

Rude is taking people's money in a ponzi scheme then disappearing for a month with no updates, also something a piece of shit would do. 

I did give updates on our site and in the forum. Anyway, you will have to eat your words when every genuine withdrawal will be processed.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 06:12:33 AM

I did give updates on our site and in the forum. Anyway, you will have to eat your words when every genuine withdrawal will be processed.

Let's hope so.

trentreznor321

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:45:40 AM

I have requested a reimbursement and have submitted all the deposit and withdrawal info that I had. I will update this thread if any coins are sent back to me.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:58:33 AM

I have requested a reimbursement and have submitted all the deposit and withdrawal info that I had. I will update this thread if any coins are sent back to me.

Me too.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Flappy

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:59:29 AM

People who already made their withdrawal are not going to come here and give account.  For this to work you would need a record of every withdrawal.  I don't think you thought this through.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 07:02:10 AM

This isn't going to go anywhere.

Bitscalper, you're through here. I strongly suggest that you stop what you're doing, and understand that any new / 2.0 Bitscalper application is simply not going to be

1. Used or..
2. Allowed to be advertised here without significant backlash from the community, no matter what corner of the forum you are in.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 09:35:47 AM

Matthew seems to have cut directly to the simple straightforward solution, if there was a wallet "account" per user. Just send back to each user what is in their wallet-account. It doesn't matter how many withdrawals, or when, they did to reach the current amount they have left, what matters is getting back to them what they do have left.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 09:47:29 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2012, 10:14:34 AM by BTC-engineer

Guys,
I'm sorry things are taking this long. We are still trying to recover the lost withdrawals database table, and it seems there's no way to get it back. So we'll try to recover the whole accounting this way :  Please send an email to info@bitscalper.com with the amount you claim you had left to widthdraw, including a list of all your deposits to bitscalper, once we have figured out how much we owe to anyone we will proceed to reimbursements.  Anyhow we're back to business with a powerful new strategy and we'll update the website in the next few days.

Nice to hear from you again Bitscalper.
From what you wrote, I understood that you have a lot of problems and need the help of the users. Shit can happen. But it's important how to handle it.
And to be fully honestly, I don't like the way how you handle trouble. There was over 1 month nearly zero-information, no emails were answered etc.
It had looked like scam, and it is still looking like scam until you proof the opposite.

It still looks like you try to play out, to win more time.
If I would be you I would do the following:
- Update my website with the same request for deposit/withdraw data like here in the forum.
- I would clearly communicate my plan how to fix the trouble, step by step and including all time-deadlines. So everyone can review if I'm following what I have sad.
- I would answer emails and give a short daily processing status.

I'm not sure how all of this ends. Most users are now sending you the requested data. Do you need feedback from ALL user to do the reconstruction? How long will you wait for user feedback? What will happen if not everyone is giving you feedback, what is most likely. What will happen if some users are not reporting correct data?  What will happen if the result of your reconstruction is still not matching with what you expect? When will you start the reconstruction and when will it end? After the reconstruction is finished, what will happen next? Do you transfer the balance to the new system or do you pay it out? And if you plan to pay it out, why didn't you also request a bitcoin address?

I'm very sorry to say this, but it looks still like scam or a VERY, VERY unprofessional way to handle the whole thing to me.  
Even if it's only the second case, I would be surprised to see it ending happy.  

Good luck!

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:09:21 AM

I know at least one reason why the current withdrawal list could exceed the real user balances.
When you did a withdrawal request on your site and pressed the final button it normally took a few seconds until a pop-up window confirmed the withdrawal request.
In the past I could monitor that sometimes the pop-up window doesn't appear, even after over 1 minute. So you did the withdrawal request again, until you got the confirmation.
The strange thing was, that if you visited your site after a while again, all withdrawal requests (also the unconfirmed ones) were in processing state.
Depending on your balance before, your current balance could be negative!

Let's say you had 10BTC balance and try to send a withdraw request for them. It failed 2 times, but finally you got the confirmation.
Your balance is then -20 BTC, and you can see 3 withdrawal requests in the current list, each over 10 BTC.

You can see this effect by reviewing the current withdrawal request list for requests with exactly the same amount of BTC's in a raw. It happened a lot.

Why didn't you just cancel the current withdrawal request list, like you have done before, so the user balances are correct again. And fix this bug, or just process the withdrawal requests per eMail manually?

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:11:49 AM

Guys,
I'm sorry things are taking this long. We are still trying to recover the lost withdrawals database table, and it seems there's no way to get it back. So we'll try to recover the whole accounting this way :  Please send an email to info@bitscalper.com with the amount you claim you had left to widthdraw, including a list of all your deposits to bitscalper, once we have figured out how much we owe to anyone we will proceed to reimbursements.  Anyhow we're back to business with a powerful new strategy and we'll update the website in the next few days.

How will you know if someone is telling you the truth?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:13:48 AM

Guys,
I'm sorry things are taking this long. We are still trying to recover the lost withdrawals database table, and it seems there's no way to get it back. So we'll try to recover the whole accounting this way :  Please send an email to info@bitscalper.com with the amount you claim you had left to widthdraw, including a list of all your deposits to bitscalper, once we have figured out how much we owe to anyone we will proceed to reimbursements.  Anyhow we're back to business with a powerful new strategy and we'll update the website in the next few days.

How will you know if someone is telling you the truth?

Bingo.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: