Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:37:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone 6 Sapphire Crystal Display!  (Read 2392 times)
epere (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:12:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R0_FJ4r73s

But it's already the lens on the iPhone 5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:22:20 AM

Gotta love apple and people that value quality.

I'm a huge apple fanboy. Everyone else hating just doesn't get it.
BitsBitsBits

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:26:32 AM

I feel the total opposite about it, I don't get the Apple hype. It's hipstery and lame to pay so much for something that you could get something else that is way much better in performance and quality than apple. It's like the hype is keeping apple going and I'm just waiting for it to die off.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:06:00 AM

What bugs me is that the front panel is still the same since the first iphone, how hard can it be to just have a new front design.

Other than that the durability of this sapphire front is impressive.

Watched a video from mkbhd on youtube where you can see he is pushing his knife quite hard into the front panel without leaving damage behind.

Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:52:47 PM

Apple phones good outside average inside premium price.  Samsung average outside good inside reasonable price.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:01:12 PM

I feel the total opposite about it, I don't get the Apple hype. It's hipstery and lame to pay so much for something that you could get something else that is way much better in performance and quality than apple. It's like the hype is keeping apple going and I'm just waiting for it to die off.
Well that's because you're  lame-o who doesn't get it.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:10:50 PM

Why is this so exciting news? You can still easily destroy the screen.
Did you even watch the video? What kind of crack are you smokin?
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:47:21 PM

i'm the same here. i recently had to unlock my sister's phone via backup and restore on itunes.. took something like 2 hours. it took about 4 minutes on my android.

i really, really hate itunes and apple's file transfer system too. android is much, much easier for me to use. apple does design their phones a lot better than the competition though.
GangkisKhan

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:12:52 PM

The display alone won't make Samsung user switch back.

There are just too many great applications on Samsung right now.
BawsyBoss

Activity: 389

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:15:23 PM

This is quite an interesting development, but we'll have to wait and see how it goes.

I prefer iPhones over Android devices, but unlike Apple fanboys, I'm really mad at how they take so long to adopt features that are already on Android. I am still using iPhones just because I don't like the overall feel of Android's UI (it feels kind of sluggish to me) and many customization features don't feel complete.

But that's all I'm going to say since anything else would be way off-topic at this point. Let's not start a flame war.

Forever strong.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:17:46 PM

iphone does indeed appear to have a more responsive UI.. but their phones feel so monolithic. and your options are way more limited, so i'd never use an iphone.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:26:01 PM

Why is this so exciting news? You can still easily destroy the screen.
Did you even watch the video? What kind of crack are you smokin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_gEiU_FDxQ#t=150
That's how you destroy it, easily.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:39:12 AM

Well this is nice for women who keep lots of junk in their bags or for people with kids. If they weatherize the phone it's pretty much idiot proof short of driving a car over it.

Sapphire is a nice material. My Raymond Weil watch has it on the face and I have never scratched it even after hitting it with stucco and a couple of even a chainsaw (don't ask).

At what point is it not worth it to put such nice materials into something that people may replace every year potentially.  The touchscreens in cars don't have sapphire crystal and you keep your car for longer than you keep your phone (although car is usually not as abused - well my kids abuse my car).
milan74

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:52:10 AM

Look forward to it.
however, i think it would be rather pricy
skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:15:25 AM

I'm glad for two things:

1. Apple is getting smart about screens, I can't tell you how many iPhones I've bought where the description fit "just a little hairline crack" and the screen was totally destroyed or at least partially unusable.

2. The 6 and 6S (?) will be bigger than the 5 I have now, which will be nice but they'll look like mini tablets which will be kind of weird, my iPhone right now is hard enough to keep in my dang pocket so we'll see.

I'm glad Apple is finally breaking out of the mold with some of the stuff coming out in iOS 8 but why did it take so long?

What else could I say?
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:20:14 PM

Here in AUS I see lots of adverts on TV about iphone 5 and some exercise app...

their is a guy lifting weights.. app seems to track that (thats easy I guess)
woman running up steps, app tracks that
guy playing golf and app looks as if its tracking speed etc etc

does the iphone 5 has some fancy hw /app ? if so.. what is it exactly ? It looks pretty cool if its how the advert portrays it.

skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 04:50:10 PM

I think the iPhone (I have one but never use it for anything other than phone calls and text really) has some Nike app and there are probably other apps on the market that track steps, work outs etc. I know one of the iPhones I had had a GI track app that I could email to my doctor when I was going through gallbladder surgery and afterwords so I could let him know what was going on with my stomach.

It really gives a new meaning to "there's an app for that"

What else could I say?
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:17:29 PM

Sapphire Crystal, like watches glass?
i never interested with iPhone, they said it has good material and prestige Grin
but i won't buy something with bad price/performance comparison

cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 06:11:14 PM

Me in particular don't like Apple, but that is a fucking good glass there. I hope end users will recieve that quality, it must be good for a lifetime of a phone X 2.

Bitcoin is DEAD
Sydboy

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:25:37 PM

wow this shit looks cool.
\can anyone cofnrrm if it does anythuing glose to this or jsut marketing hypre ??

does the iphone 5 has some fancy hw /app ? if so.. what is it exactly ? It looks pretty cool if its how the advert portrays it.
Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:56:44 PM

Sapphire screen can break.....but it is tough.

Watch someone break the iPhone 6′s unbreakable sapphire screen
http://bgr.com/2014/07/10/iphone-6-display-torture-test-video/
BawsyBoss

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:04:12 PM

Me in particular don't like Apple, but that is a fucking good glass there. I hope end users will recieve that quality, it must be good for a lifetime of a phone X 2.
I doubt that glass will be used soon, at least not with the iPhone 6. But I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Forever strong.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:11:52 PM

apple generally likes to hold back on technology so in the next generation, they can convince you "this changes everything." if they indeed introduce a newer, bigger screen.. i would think they aren't going to give you sapphire glass along with that. that'll have to wait until the iphone 6s.
BawsyBoss

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:14:11 PM

apple generally likes to hold back on technology so in the next generation, they can convince you "this changes everything." if they indeed introduce a newer, bigger screen.. i would think they aren't going to give you sapphire glass along with that. that'll have to wait until the iphone 6s.
Indeed. They seem to really like going step-by-step. I don't actually like the idea of making the screen bigger. It's another factor holding me from many other phones as well. I hope they at least keep the 4-inch screen as an option. This is also a good chance to mention how rumors related to the iPhone are pretty much always righ in the end.

Forever strong.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:15:51 PM

Indeed. They seem to really like going step-by-step. I don't actually like the idea of making the screen bigger. It's another factor holding me from many other phones as well. I hope they at least keep the 4-inch screen as an option. This is also a good chance to mention how rumors related to the iPhone are pretty much always righ in the end.

4 inches is way too small, and they are only doing it because it's obvious that iphone users generally want a bigger screen.i do agree though, they should offer a 4" iphone and a 4.7" iphone. i would put money on the 4.7" outselling the 4" though.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:05:15 PM

For people who want a phone phone they need to have a 4" offering and for those who want a tablet they can use as a phone they need something closer to 5".  They'll probably stagger the release of the larger one forcing people to buy a 4" and then upgrade to 4.7".....ahh Apple.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:21:24 PM

I'm guessing no one has it, or more to the point no one does any kind of exercise :p

wow this shit looks cool.
\can anyone cofnrrm if it does anythuing glose to this or jsut marketing hypre ??

BawsyBoss

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:50:08 PM

4 inches is way too small, and they are only doing it because it's obvious that iphone users generally want a bigger screen.i do agree though, they should offer a 4" iphone and a 4.7" iphone. i would put money on the 4.7" outselling the 4" though.
Yeah, you're probably right. I'd say I'm in the minority who prefers 4-inch screens rather than larger ones. Lots of people have bashed the iPhone for its small screen, yet, I still don't see much appeal in a larger one. I guess it's all just personal preference at this point. I honestly will have to wait and see how easy it would be to handle such screen for myself before completely denying the possibility of getting a larger one.

Forever strong.
Bitsaurus

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:02:36 AM

Yeah, you're probably right. I'd say I'm in the minority who prefers 4-inch screens rather than larger ones. Lots of people have bashed the iPhone for its small screen, yet, I still don't see much appeal in a larger one. I guess it's all just personal preference at this point. I honestly will have to wait and see how easy it would be to handle such screen for myself before completely denying the possibility of getting a larger one.

I used my phone for web-access when I am not able to get to my PC - to remote control PCs.  In those cases not having to pinch and scroll constantly is worlds better.  For just reading text 4" is fine, if you want to do anything interactive on the web with the phone a stylus and some real-estate is necessary.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:07:28 AM

I used my phone for web-access when I am not able to get to my PC - to remote control PCs.  In those cases not having to pinch and scroll constantly is worlds better.  For just reading text 4" is fine, if you want to do anything interactive on the web with the phone a stylus and some real-estate is necessary.

i jumped from the 4" galaxy s (original) to a 4.5" phone and it felt worlds different. when i made the change, the new phone felt weird in my hands, but eventually it started feeling normal. now when i see a 4" phone, i can't believe how i could have used such a small device.
asimoshe

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:14:34 AM

sounds and looks great, but i still prefer my Nexus 5!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 08:24:20 PM

Here we go: http://www.gsmarena.com/sapphire_display_to_be_limited_to_some_iphone_6_models-news-9063.php
Only the model with the most ridiculous price will get it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:41:53 AM

What bugs me is that the front panel is still the same since the first iphone, how hard can it be to just have a new front design.

Well I gotta ask you one thing: What would you change? And do you see the need to change anything about the current design? Everyone knows how to operate those phones, you'd just scare away a lot of people. Simply changing something for the sake of changing something is usually pretty stupid...

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:25:52 AM

So If I have say an iphone 5 do I get a discount on the new upgraded model?   
BoxControl

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:29:25 AM

So If I have say an iphone 5 do I get a discount on the new upgraded model?   

While that would be great for a consumer, it would be bad for a company, and they would miss out on revenue.
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:53:47 AM

The iPhone 4 and 4S have tiny screens (3.5"). Only the cheapest "toy" smartphones designed for little kids (<$60) have screens smaller than that. Totally unacceptable for a high-end phone. At 4", the iPhone 5 is better - but not by much. 4" is what I would expect to find in a budget smartphone or a low-end mid range phone.

The next generation iPhone should must have a 4.5" screen at the very minimum in order to be competitive in the smartphone market. I don't claim to be an expert, but I think this is obvious. No other smartphone manufacturer has a phone with a 4" screen as their flagship model.

Yes, there will be a few people who dislike larger screens but it's impossible to deny that larger screens is where the industry is heading. It's what the people want. Apple could do what Samsung has always done and what they have recently done with their iPad. That is, they could launch and maintain a separate "iPhone Mini" version. In fact, this wouldn't be too far a radical departure from their current cheaper model, the iPhone 5C.

So yeah, Apple. If you are reading this then please consider my advice. I am sure that most people here would agree.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:57:29 PM

We need stronger displays, yes!!! I see so many people with cracked displays these days on the bus! The screens really don't need to get any bigger. Samsung's phones are just too big! They don't fit in your pocket or even your hands! There are tablets for that, for crying out loud!

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 04:35:56 PM

We need stronger displays, yes!!! I see so many people with cracked displays these days on the bus! The screens really don't need to get any bigger. Samsung's phones are just too big! They don't fit in your pocket or even your hands! There are tablets for that, for crying out loud!
I guess you missed my post. You're not getting a sapphire display on a 16gb or 32gb model. Most likely 64gb and 128gb or only 128.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Nik1ab

Activity: 574

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:44:25 PM

100% of access attempts on iOS devices by the NSA are successful. Buying an iPhone is data suicide.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:06:56 PM

100% of access attempts on iOS devices by the NSA are successful. Buying an iPhone is data suicide.

but even if that's the case though, do you really think androids are that much more secure? anything that reaches mass market becomes more vulnerable.
Nik1ab

Activity: 574

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:57:38 AM

but even if that's the case though, do you really think androids are that much more secure? anything that reaches mass market becomes more vulnerable.
Apple and Google freely hand over the data. Using any of their products is what I like to call "data suicide".
iOS is the worst since it is closed source and can't be modified in any way.
Android is not good, but a little better since it is partially open source and can be modified.

It's recommended (by Jacob Applebaum for example) not to use mobile phones at all.
But if you really need them, use Cyanogenmod.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:15:41 AM

The iPhone 4 and 4S have tiny screens (3.5"). Only the cheapest "toy" smartphones designed for little kids (<$60) have screens smaller than that. Totally unacceptable for a high-end phone. At 4", the iPhone 5 is better - but not by much. 4" is what I would expect to find in a budget smartphone or a low-end mid range phone.

The next generation iPhone should must have a 4.5" screen at the very minimum in order to be competitive in the smartphone market. I don't claim to be an expert, but I think this is obvious. No other smartphone manufacturer has a phone with a 4" screen as their flagship model.

Yes, there will be a few people who dislike larger screens but it's impossible to deny that larger screens is where the industry is heading. It's what the people want. Apple could do what Samsung has always done and what they have recently done with their iPad. That is, they could launch and maintain a separate "iPhone Mini" version. In fact, this wouldn't be too far a radical departure from their current cheaper model, the iPhone 5C.

So yeah, Apple. If you are reading this then please consider my advice. I am sure that most people here would agree.

Glad to see Apple took my advice. Smiley

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:24:31 PM

I had sapphire glass on my Gucci watch but good as it was I still had plenty of minute scratches even after the first week.
Bitsaurus

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:44:57 PM

I had sapphire glass on my Gucci watch but good as it was I still had plenty of minute scratches even after the first week.

Either it's not a real Gucci or it doesn't have Sapphire glass.  My Raymond Weil watch has sapphire glass and even through yardwork and building PCs hasn't developed a single scratch on the glass in 5 years.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: