Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s1: wifi and wan are interferring or SOMETHING?  (Read 644 times)
lets talk about specs (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:29:28 AM

Hi there,

So I'm somewhat novice to the antminer s1, I've had two and have been using them for something like several weeks now. Both are connected to my router via ethernet cable, and usually things are running smoothly.

Here's the thing; the connection of my ethernet cable seems to also depend on the connection to the wifi, because as of 4pm today, one of the miners has stopped mining, even though it's powered on and everything. I've powered it off-on twice, reset the OS, reset to factory settings, and when I plug in the exact same setup as my second miner sans IP address, the ONLY difference between the two is the status of the wifi connection. The working miner has a connection to the wifi, while the wifi status of the hinky miner is zero across the board. Mind you, both are additionally hooked up to the router box via ethernet cable -- the wan is live too.

The best part of this whole shebang is, no matter how I set up the wifi on this hinky miner, even when the wifi settings match the working miner to a TEE, it still won't connect. And it seems that, I don't think either miner mines unless I have both the wifi AND the wan set up. Is there something I'm doing wrong? A different, more efficient way to go about getting these rigs working? Should I buy a wifi adapter and/or booster (I've been contemplating this option for a little while now) - is it worth it?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: