Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the top features/functionalities you look for in an exchange?  (Read 3362 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:26:05 PM

More trade types/options. For example, the ability to easily both market order and sell order. It's nice to be able to stop buy/sell as well (at least if there is sufficient liquidity to justify using stops).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:13:02 PM

It's nice to be able to stop buy/sell as well (at least if there is sufficient liquidity to justify using stops).

I'd agree, but the liquidity question is key, to be sure. If an exchange has, say, Huobi's level of liquidity, I would definitely use stops. But on Bitfinex, I never use them. Price alarms and discipline to get in/out.

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:36:22 PM

Honestly, I just want a non-laggy, professional trade engine. Stamp and Finex have so much lag it's embarrassing during high volume times. I really wish a large, liquid exchange could get it together.
FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:10:13 AM

make your trading engine to be NOT like Bitstamp's. i don't know how the hell it was coded, but it sometimes matches orders incorrectly apparently, and lags horribly.
WillyBTC

Activity: 312

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:39:46 AM

I want to see a smooth interface, with different order types (limit, market, stop, trailing stop, etc)
TheGull

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 12:20:59 AM

I think it all comes down to liquidity and depth of markets (which are to an extent driven by trust, quality of APIs and so on too). As an example, I spent $3k on bitcoin on one the other day and moved the market nearly 2% to fill my order. That is unsustainable for customers.

How do you solve this if you are a smaller exchange? I think you need a shared order book with other smaller exchanges; without this, I almost have to go to Bitstamp or Bitfinex every time.

Ease of moving money on and off also high on the list.
FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:01:16 AM

I think it all comes down to liquidity and depth of markets (which are to an extent driven by trust, quality of APIs and so on too). As an example, I spent $3k on bitcoin on one the other day and moved the market nearly 2% to fill my order. That is unsustainable for customers.

How do you solve this if you are a smaller exchange? I think you need a shared order book with other smaller exchanges; without this, I almost have to go to Bitstamp or Bitfinex every time.

even Bitstamp and Bitfinex aren't incredibly liquid. the days of crazy thick Gox books are long gone, and to be honest, i'm beginning to think thin order books are just the new reality.
ScreamnShout

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:11:53 PM

even Bitstamp and Bitfinex aren't incredibly liquid. the days of crazy thick Gox books are long gone, and to be honest, i'm beginning to think thin order books are just the new reality.
I think the reason the GOX order book was so thick was because overall trading volume was very heavy. Now that volume has slowed down a little bit overall order book size has decreased.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:28:12 PM

I think the ability to use leverage is by far the most important feature as it allows me to speculate and profit off of fear and greed
josiah__Coinsetter (OP)

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:34:38 PM

We actually aggregate Bitstamp's order book into our own internal order book. Essentially meaning we combine our own liquidity with Stamps. Not to mention our API offerings outnumber everyone in the industry (we have FIX 4.4 API, Web Sockets API, and RESTful/JSON API) [they're pretty fast as well, if I don't say so myself].
TheGull

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 11:12:37 PM

We actually aggregate Bitstamp's order book into our own internal order book. Essentially meaning we combine our own liquidity with Stamps. Not to mention our API offerings outnumber everyone in the industry (we have FIX 4.4 API, Web Sockets API, and RESTful/JSON API) [they're pretty fast as well, if I don't say so myself].

The problem with integrating Bitstamp's book is that it potentially just reinforces its status as top dog given they get the volume too. I think that partnerships with other smaller exchanges will ultimately be better for the bitcoin community as it will create more competition and reduce the risk of another Mt. Gox (by which I mean the death of a large, well known player linked to lots of people), something which could really, really set us back.
validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:49:00 PM

Lets not forget how the exchange treats its customers. I have had some bad experience with btc-e when it comes to support.

Window2Wall

Activity: 191

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

Coinsetter is doing some research in regards to what bitcoiners are truly looking for what it comes to a BTC/fiat exchange. After all, we can sit around in a room and theorize all we want to--and can even look internally at what we want as bitcoiners ourselves--but at the end of the day it's you guys (and girls) that we want on our platform... Why not get the information we need straight, from the source?

Your responses are going to help guide the development of our platform moving forward, so please, feel free to speak your mind!

Speed on inquiries such a verification time, withdrawals and deposits, and of course it must be trusted.
in order for these of kinds if things to be done quickly the exchange needs to reach an economy of scale meaning it needs to be very big.
SunBin

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:10:54 AM

Lending/borrowing feature.
Brad_BCK

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:49:52 AM

I prefer easy of use, fast and usable interface.
I'll be honest. Only 2-3 exchanges on the whole market deliver it.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:39:54 PM

Trust is obviously very important and having real people with real names associated with the exchange is a big plus.
The trading screen/interface has to be carefully designed so as to maximize efficiency. Clean, simple uncluttered trading screen is always best.
Trading engine needs to be fast and responsive built with scalability in mind. Lag/slow loading pages is a BIG turn off.
Efficient and reliable customer support (very important that staff stick to their word).
And finally it's always a good idea to keep customers up to date with what's going within the company. Changes, plans, media. A blog or news page.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: