Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:48:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New User Looking for 2-5BTC, Have collateral  (Read 1832 times)
sophwest (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:02:12 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 09:11:05 PM by sophwest

Hello forum,

My names Sophie and Im looking to invest money in Bitcoin however, Im finding it hard to convince my bank to let bank transfers to go through when do buy some (i live in australia and bank transfers of anything larger than $300 have to be approved, by the time they are, anywhere between 2-5days, the seller has sold out.

So im looking for 2-5btc to invest.

As im a new user, i know this may be a risk, however, I have collateral that i think will be more than sufficient.

Again, as im new to all of this, if anyone can PM me with how it all works,( yes i have read the "No Collateral, No Loan" thread) or you can give me any advice, i would be more than grateful as I would prefer to get some good advise as so i do not have to take out this loan!

look forward to hearing form anyone!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 07:22:37 PM

You'll get better advice and better responses if you list what your collateral is.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
sophwest (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:49:40 PM

You'll get better advice and better responses if you list what your collateral is.

Collateral is a copy of my credit card and bank statement to show I have over $5000 (AUD)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 07:53:20 PM

Collateral is a copy of my credit card and bank statement to show I have over $5000 (AUD)

That is not collateral.  What good is a bank statement if you don't pay me back?

Please read (second post) what is considered collateral:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
sophwest (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:26:23 PM

That is not collateral.  What good is a bank statement if you don't pay me back?

Ah, ok! I thought my credit card details would have been good enough with the statement but I completely understand the logic behind it.
Ok, im going to go reassess what I can give for collateral.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction vod. Im  Like i've said im very new to this and do genuinely appreciate your help

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:28:02 PM

Ah, ok! I thought my credit card details would have been good enough with the statement but I completely understand the logic behind it.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction vod. Im  Like i've said im very new to this and do genuinely appreciate your help

Don't give away your credit card details, someone may use it against you...really don't do it.
sophwest (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:44:12 PM

Don't give away your credit card details, someone may use it against you...really don't do it.

I figured I can trust someone with my details if they were willing to invest in me. As a new user, the only way I will be able to get anywhere is with trust.
DubFX

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:07:05 AM

I figured I can trust someone with my details if they were willing to invest in me. As a new user, the only way I will be able to get anywhere is with trust.
Not on anonymous forum, it happend quite a few times already that some user have stolen the othe ones identity/funds..
sophwest (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:07:56 AM

Not on anonymous forum, it happend quite a few times already that some user have stolen the othe ones identity/funds..

I guess youre right. Ok, wel i have no collateral but thank you all for your help

Soph
DubFX

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:10:55 AM

I guess youre right. Ok, wel i have no collateral but thank you all for your help

Soph
You can still use psychical collateral or however it's called, but you would have to ship it by mail to either escrow or the one that will offer you the loan (gold for example or so) 
sophwest (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:26:17 AM

Soph
You can still use psychical collateral or however it's called, but you would have to ship it by mail to either escrow or the one that will offer you the loan (gold for example or so) 

Thank you for the advice, but I dnt have any single item worth enough for collateral. I have lots of small items but the shipping would be so expensive!
DubFX

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:02:39 PM

Soph

Thank you for the advice, but I dnt have any single item worth enough for collateral. I have lots of small items but the shipping would be so expensive!
That's why i mentioned an escrow. If some trusted escrow lives in your state it would be cheap enought Wink
DubFX

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:23:48 AM

Uhm sydboy you could fit it all into one post...collecting as mutch as possible posts by 17th by spamming? This will get you banned  if mod sees it...
Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:38:22 AM

I deleted the posts. edit button is not clickable.
now as i was saying.

i am in australia and no bank has to approve transfers over $300. If you are in NSW i can sell you bitcoins.
otherwise i know people in pretty much any state that can to. but i suspect you have no money which is why you came up with these bizzare statements about the banks.
DubFX

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:40:38 AM

now as i was saying.

i am in australia and no bank has to approve transfers over $300. If you are in NSW i can sell you bitcoins.
otherwise i know people in pretty much any state that can to. but i suspect you have no money which is why you came up with these bizzare statements about the banks.
Now i look like double-posting, whatever   Roll Eyes.
BTW edit button works fine for me? Yep it's probably a scam pulled by newbie that thinks when he will make an woman from him he will be more successful, but who knows...
sophwest (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:10:29 AM

now as i was saying.

They do if you have a westpac business account. Besides, im not looking for this loan anymore.
I realise I need to do a lot more research into escrow services and the collateral I can use.
I would also like to build some decent rep in this community and get more advice, and being labeled a scammer would hinder my progress.
Mine was a genuine request, maybe a somewhat naive one, but genuine none the less.

That being said, as im not looking for a loan for the moment, so if someone could close/lock this thread, id appreciate it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: