Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Children aged eight can have their own Mastercard: Debit cards  (Read 1468 times)
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:30:37 PM

You have to think why banks give students bank accounts with little money or means to pay !
It is to get then conditioned as early as possible into accepting credit / debt  is normal.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
pirsquared

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:59:22 PM

Giving people debit cards (smartphones, car keys, etc) that can't find their shoes and tie them on their own is a BAD idea. There is a bitchification of our youth that started when I was a child. It results in prolonged adolescence in the teen and young adult years. Eight year olds need to be eight year olds and be allowed go through a natural progression of maturation. Smartphones, televisions in every room, and now debit cards are turning our children into adult babies in need of constant attention intervention by way of device.

Please do not let your children become what the world wants. My three year old already thinks that there is infinite money on plastic cards. I explain that this is fake money for the most part. She's young, and only understands that the plastic = ice cream and shoes. We don't use plastic, but grandma does.

If you HODL store it CODL!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: