Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Feature added] Color besides usernames for Ignored by % of established members.  (Read 27195 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:12:10 PM

Just my opinion, theymos can agree or disagree, IDC.  

I agree, encouraging people to be disruptive and annoying is not exactly productive.

I suggest we do an auto ban for 3 months for people with 50 ignores or more.

(just trolling smoothie about the ban, not serious. but thinking being most ignored is cool, is sort of lame.)

Or apply the 6 minute restriction between posts after 50 ignores  Tongue

Just joking, some of the members with high ignores provide a lot of the interesting discussion on the forum.

Yes, some do. But the ones who try to get the "high score" do not really fit this category.

It was a joke anyway.

It is all subjective to the individual what "annoying" or what "interesting discussion" means.

I mean to you "trolling" is where you get called out on your claims and can't back it up or when you don't want to answer a question you divert the conversation to get the attention off of you.

Perhaps we should auto ban people who just cry about every little thing. Goat you fit that description. You play the "victim" oh too well.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:42:29 PM

Perhaps we should auto ban people who just cry about every little thing.

Good god, man. The forums would be empty.
Onews1990

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:28:47 PM

isn't the ignore button of people like these already glow? I could be wrong but I think that is enough.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:11:59 PM

isn't the ignore button of people like these already glow? I could be wrong but I think that is enough.

It is currently disabled. Some of us would like to have that feature back as it helps some of us identify who the established community has rejected.

I personally think it helps new members learn who to just not take seriously and leads to a better time for all on the forum.

This is esp true in the "wall thread".

Lol this is all subjective of who the "community" really is. My ignore count is above 100 but those people do not speak for the community as a whole.

Most people who have me on ignore are ones who can't take the truth when it hurts. Yes goat you are one of them. Hence your actions the other day to "ignore" me then to retract that by undoing the ignore option. Lol

All in all the ignore feature I think is a funny option to have. Especially when someone has to tell you they are going to put you on ignore.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 05:48:40 AM

I say, leave it off unless the forum is willing to waste even more server time by making it mandatory, for the person doing the ignoring, to provide a reference quote/post.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:48:02 AM

Lol this is all subjective of who the "community" really is. My ignore count is above 100 but those people do not speak for the community as a whole.

No, they only speak for the "established community". These are the people who have been around for a while and are still active. The glowing red is to help n00bs learn who the trolls are and to thus give a warning to not take what they say seriously.

Trying to be the most ignored is really an odd thing to do. I sort of wonder if you are pretending that it is a prize because you would be sad to think of it in a different light. Matthew N. Wright the serial scammer also thought being most ignored was a prize. Not sure if there is a connection here or not but you two are the only people I know of who have tried to get that title, or thought it was a good thing.

If you missed it Goat it isn't that I think there is a prize to win by being ignored, it IS that I find it FUNNY that people who have ignored me generally ANNOUNCE they are ignoring me as if that will really do anything. All it does is make me laugh at them even more.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:27:10 PM

learn who the trolls are

lol about that coming from you.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:42:13 AM

Yes. But it seems I troll in a style people enjoy and respect Cool

Please speak more on behalf of the community at large and what they want and like. ROFL.

Yes we the PEOPLE love when you cry about every little thing. We love it because it is entertaining to watch you do it.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:13:12 AM

Yes we the PEOPLE love when you cry about every little thing.

I agree.

Saying that I agree with BadBear is not exactly crying.

Am I getting trolled again? You can't really be this dumb?

Hint: read your past posts for the last two years.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:32:00 AM

Puzzled here.  I never see any highlights on Ignore.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
gourmet

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:40:29 PM

It doesn't seem possible to see whether people ignored are highlighted or not -- doesn't appear to affect the "unignore" button.

That's intentional. If you've ignored them then their posts should be as unobtrusive as possible, with no highlight.

This feature was really easy to implement. Other features are not so easy, and I hate messing around with SMF code; I always feel like I'm going to break something in a non-obvious way and introduce a security flaw.

I believe it'd be no complicated to highlight both ignore and unignore buttons.
One could see then whether the ignored person had reduced (or worsen) their ignored status through the time...
gourmet

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:01:43 AM

I feel I have to respond :

I really am surprised because I mostly try to stay moderate and not be too controversial on these forums. I would never have thought that I would beat Matthew Tongue

I have changed since my SC trolling days and I am free from King RealScam's brainwashing ideology.

I also do the punctuation thing on purpose. I think it looks neater that way and easier to read ...

Just like using proper English : once you get used to automatically do it, it does not become a pain and it actually helps you.

Anyways, I was here when BTC was $0.58 and am here to stay. Y'all should get used to my "brain damaged" punctuation Cheesy

It's not like using proper English at all. At least because it's not proper at all. It looks ugly. Proper English can help you. Improper punctuation can not.
No, it doesn't look neater, it looks really ugly.
And it also works badly: When a line needs to break, a linebreak can be inserted in front of the colon when there's you special space Smiley and the colon can be moved to the beginning of the next line.. :-)))
gourmet

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:07:35 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 01:26:16 AM by gourmet

Personally I love the fact that 12 people have me on ignore. It proves that I'm doing something right and 12 people are jelly. If it was 1000 people then I'd start to rethink my position.

I have said it once and I will say it again :

People who use ignore are just that : ignorant ! Wink

No. They just don't want to waste their time by reading your s..t.

(I can understand MNW quite well. I'd never put him onto my ignore list. But I could easily put you there.)
gourmet

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:25:06 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 02:14:09 AM by gourmet

I don't even understand why people would want to put anyone on an ignore list. I'd love one of the most ignored users to post the greatest bitcoin tip ever. People would then understand how stupid it is to ignore everything said by a person because they once said something you disagree with.

You should improve your reasoning.
The only truth is that you don't understand.

Anyone may have his favourite member who might be massively ignored by others.
Is this a reason for me to ignore him also? - No.
Can this prevent me from ignoring anyone else (who might not be ignored by anybody but me)? - No.

So, your reason is no reason...

Sure, disagreement is not a reason for ignoring, not for me at least.
I usually don't ignore someone for saying something stupid once.
But when they assure me by repeating their point no-point...
(But there are some posts that are so stupid that I can't find any hope that it could change in the future..) :-)
gourmet

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:45:10 AM

When people call you a troll for making posts they disagree with and put you on their ignore list for replying to people who took the time to respond to your comments, the whole system becomes meaningless and just encourages circle-jerks.

I don't even understand why people would want to put anyone on an ignore list. I'd love one of the most ignored users to post the greatest bitcoin tip ever. People would then understand how stupid it is to ignore everything said by a person because they once said something you disagree with.

+ 2-8

My list began to grow thanks to some, not so understanding, folks who didn't like me asking for proof that DGM repays all that it takes.

Those that choose to ignore should be required to explain why and have a tally or list of those they have blacklisted. Likewise, those being ignored should know these people are so they can stand up for themselves if necc.

OK you 10-16, mostly DGM luvin noobs ! Get back into your cages ! Grin

HT xD

update..

Make that 10-15.. Its about time I cleaned my monitor. Tongue
(color emphasize by me)

Should we really be obliged to either read all the emanations of your ill brain or otherwise explain why we aren't doing so? :-))))))
Fortunately, it's still our decision whom we'll be reading and whom perhaps ignoring. A private decision, luckily.
gourmet

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:39:43 AM

When people call you a troll for making posts they disagree with and put you on their ignore list for replying to people who took the time to respond to your comments, the whole system becomes meaningless and just encourages circle-jerks.

You certainly understand the mechanism, but I must say at this point I see it at as an honor that some people find my posts so annoying that they absolutely do not want to see them ever again. Only certain kind of ideological minded people done that, and there are alot of them on this forum. So I recently decided to fully commit myself to their expectations and changed my forum appearance accordingly.
Also smoothie hasn't posted as much recently so I might have overtaken him by now.  Smiley

I'm sure there's no ideology in most cases. (Maybe there's some on your side?)
But some people's posts are simply too annoying to read.
Yes, and I've added some people to my list because they both have nothing real to say and they insert annoying colored ads in their signatures.. And they often post just for to make the ads appear and they be paid for them...
gourmet

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:52:40 PM

Puzzled here.  I never see any highlights on Ignore.

It is not in effect right now.

So when will ignore button highlight return? I'm missing it.
Liam W

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 10:58:45 PM

Why was this removed? Or are you going to make me find the relevant post in this 12 page thread...?

Liam
gourmet

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:13:27 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 09:29:27 AM by gourmet

Why was this removed? Or are you going to make me find the relevant post in this 12 page thread...?

Liam

Of course you should do so. (And, of course, that doesn't mean anybody is making you to do so. You should it on your own.) Twelve pages is not that much, and the action/reason is quite recent.

Users that waste others' time instead of their own asking questions already answered are candidates for ignoring from my side.

Users who insert coloured ads into their signatures are candidates for ignoring from my side.

You can guess twice what I do think about those who meet more than one point...
Liam W

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:44:03 AM

Liam

Of course you should do so. (And, of course, that doesn't mean anybody is making you to do so. You should it on your own.) Twelve pages is not that much, and the action/reason is quite recent.

Users that waste others' time instead of their own asking questions already answered are candidates for ignoring from my side.

Users who insert coloured ads into their signatures are candidates for ignoring from my side.

You can guess twice what I do think about those who meet more than one point...

I would read through it, I was just on a mobile phone at the time and it would've been a pain. I've read through longer threads before!

As per the signature, well, I can't remove the colour, as I won't get paid. Unfortunately, it's my only source of BTC at this present moment in time.

Maybe I'll remove it when I get some money Wink

Liam
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: