Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:14:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miner Development  (Read 733 times)
appleannie (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:42:49 PM

I hope this is in the right spot. I am an engineering student and am about to do a project for Student Professional Experience. I am going to develop my own USB miner. I bought these Maxim IC Chips off eBay. The data sheet on the chips can be found here.http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/73147/MAXIM/MAX3232CSE.html
I hope these will work. I could use any advice other developers can give me. Also, maybe you could give me a rough idea of what each one will do for me.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:07:06 PM

I hope this is in the right spot. I am an engineering student and am about to do a project for Student Professional Experience. I am going to develop my own USB miner. I bought these Maxim IC Chips off eBay. The data sheet on the chips can be found here.http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/73147/MAXIM/MAX3232CSE.html
I hope these will work. I could use any advice other developers can give me. Also, maybe you could give me a rough idea of what each one will do for me.

Thanks

well depending on what your trying to build. You for sure wont be able to compete with asic chips, but you could try to get it to work with an alternative cryptocurrency. Like primecoin for example.
aosmith

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:48:12 PM

Thanks

This looks like an rs-232 chip, how are you planning on doing the hashing?
appleannie (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:03:44 AM

I spoke with the professor today. It looks like I might be sending these chips back. Do you, or anyone have a link you can share to find the open source code for the sha algo. Also, maybe there is a link you can share that gives a list of the materials on one of these miners. I found 7" x 11" boards, I think I might not make them USBs. I am still in the planning stage.
Do you think these are good chips to use? Can I not have one of the programmers program the chops? Like I said I am a student trying to gain some experience while in school.
Thank you
aosmith

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 08:58:03 PM

I spoke with the professor today. It looks like I might be sending these chips back. Do you, or anyone have a link you can share to find the open source code for the sha algo. Also, maybe there is a link you can share that gives a list of the materials on one of these miners. I found 7" x 11" boards, I think I might not make them USBs. I am still in the planning stage.
Do you think these are good chips to use? Can I not have one of the programmers program the chops? Like I said I am a student trying to gain some experience while in school.
Thank you

Personally I think you'd get a lot more out of using an FPGA.  Otherwise you'll need to buy ASICs from one of the big guys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: