Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:32:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:13:24 PM

I have noticed that BTCD wallet is consuming a lot of bandwidth, I'm using more that a gig a day way more than any other wallet I'm running or have run.......is this normal?

Jon

No, it is not.

maybe in next release devs can add traffic monitor
https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/blob/master/src/qt/trafficgraphwidget.cpp

there are a few rogue nodes that somehow got a hold of a test version that had debug packet sending and this is probably causing higher load
so if anybody downloaded from the dev repository, that is bad version, please get new one or just run the official release

thanks
Is there any way to remove said rogue nodes, still using to much data. I'm on satellite and only get 30 gig a month and once I've used it that's it, I struggle to even get email

Jon

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:14:52 PM

Is the Mac wallet fully functioning properly yet?
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:20:33 PM

Lots of hold hold hold. yes, that is what Ive been doing.

But how does that help me as an investor in this coin.
How does that help spread usage of this coin
Selling doesnt help spread usage either.
I think BTCD will be in pretty high demand just so people can stake with it and get free teleporting for the commodity coins, like bitcoin

Think of owning BTCD like owning a membership that allows access to valuable services. Sort of like a passport, the more BTCD you have the more things you can do.

BerkshireHathaway stock is primarily a HODL stock, possibly the original HODL. It seems have done quite nicely over the years

James

I agree selling doesnt help spread usage. But actively trying to promote teh coin outside of the tech lab does.
Anyway, I see now this is not a coin intended for such usage. But isnt that what Crypto currency was supposed to
be about?

I think BTCD will be in pretty high demand just so people can stake with it and get free teleporting for the commodity coins, like bitcoin

This I don't understand at all. How can owning BTCD give me commodity coins?
I need a reason I can understand to continue buying these coins and holding on to them.
I just thought they were a truly anonymous coin and for me that signalled an edge over some.
Thats why I started buying them.

How much does it matter if you have USD, EUR or YEN?
If you have $1000 worth, then other than hassle of converting, it is all the same isnt it?

So, if you have 1 BTC or 1 BTC worth of BTCD, what is the difference?
As far as the buying power (ignoring conversion overheads) no difference. So, crypto is crypto is crypto, with automatic low overhead conversions, you should be able to view crypto not as any specific currency, but more a vector of possible currencies. OK, that came out too complicated.

Do you know of the pens that have different colors? You click the red thing to make it write red, the blue for blue, etc.? I see crypto like that. If you want BTC, click BTC, if you want BTCD click BTCD.

So, fiat -> crypto (of any color)

Now, if you want quick conversion less access to do purchasing, BTC seems to make sense. maybe for highly traded coins with enough liquidity for your uses and low spreads, you can keep it in other coins that have better properties than BTC.

Once such property is 5% per year staking. BTC mining has a built in ~8% deflation. Since not everybody is staking, with BTCD if you are staking you are actually getting net positive interest, I estimate 1% to 2%.
BTCD will also be getting some revenue sharing, but it will also let you teleport itself and other coins for free. It gives you access to InstantDEX, privacyServer is built right in, etc.

BTCD is more than just a coin, it is hard to explain in few words. As it is gaining a lot of power relatively quickly, I am expecting it to grow in value faster than BTC for a while. So, in addition to other benefits I think medium term price appreciation is another.

I leave to you if you believe these are enough reasons to hodl, if not I am sure there are others ready to buy from you

James

I appreciate you taking the time to explain things. Not entirely getting it just yet, but in time Im sure I will.
I will hold on to what I have for a while, but will be taking a step back from buying more. The reason for that
is I'm all about empowering people, the regular folks on the street, protecting privacy/liberty etc etc. Free them from the fiat banksters and their
puppets politicians. Get them using alt coins.
Whether yo believe this or not - I am not really in this to make money. Havent made anything from Alt coins so far anyway.
But thats not to say Im happy to lose investments.

Ok carry on folks Smiley
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:24:35 PM

other than a slightly higher reject rate for staking, it works fine for me.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:26:23 PM

How "slightly," if you don't mind my asking?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:28:43 PM

I have noticed that BTCD wallet is consuming a lot of bandwidth, I'm using more that a gig a day way more than any other wallet I'm running or have run.......is this normal?

Jon

No, it is not.

maybe in next release devs can add traffic monitor
https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/blob/master/src/qt/trafficgraphwidget.cpp

there are a few rogue nodes that somehow got a hold of a test version that had debug packet sending and this is probably causing higher load
so if anybody downloaded from the dev repository, that is bad version, please get new one or just run the official release

thanks
Is there any way to remove said rogue nodes, still using to much data. I'm on satellite and only get 30 gig a month and once I've used it that's it, I struggle to even get email

Jon
I think we need to have the person(s) running the rogue nodes to stop, we will put in better blacklisting moving forward

1408490755000000 from 94.243.246.1:14631 retstr.(`?6?)

1408490768000000 from 24.253.222.103:52238 retstr.(`?6?)

the rogue nodes are running on IP addresses: 94.243.246.1 and 24.253.222.103
there are up to four at a time and the IP addresses are changing. you are running debug versions that are no good. Please revert to official release.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:29:46 PM

Something like 4.5% vs 5% per year, but this could be due to my horrible internet connection. It is quite possible that is creating the difference.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:32:08 PM

Something like 4.5% vs 5% per year, but this could be due to my horrible internet connection. It is quite possible that is creating the difference.

Thanks for the quick response!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:16:42 AM

Is there anything special I need to do to get a Mac wallet to run?

Do I need to make a configuration file or something?

Thanks in advance for any help!
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:17:53 AM

I dont mean to offend any of the USA peoples, they are best peoples, it is just the govt has run amok and gone totally power grabbing crazy. What is this eminent domain things? They just take your private land and give to real estate developer since the neighborhood really, really, needs more shopping stores

As an American I would have to agree with this. The USA is a great country while the government has spun out of control. As for eminent domain, I could have lived on my familys' piece of land since 1600 and as soon as they think they have a 'use' for it, I'm gone  Embarrassed
apex944

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:25:38 AM

James,
In your PrivateBet preview doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10WNKGeUikQ46SE_tPt_WrrMx6qe-oxDgn9s1yiGuIqU/edit
you show some nice screenies of a NXT like BTCD http based wallet.  Am I living under a rock or is this BTCD Wallet available now?

Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:35:20 AM

Think of owning BTCD like owning a membership that allows access to valuable services. Sort of like a passport, the more BTCD you have the more things you can do.

BerkshireHathaway stock is primarily a HODL stock, possibly the original HODL. It seems have done quite nicely over the years

James

I agree selling doesnt help spread usage. But actively trying to promote teh coin outside of the tech lab does.
Anyway, I see now this is not a coin intended for such usage. But isnt that what Crypto currency was supposed to
be about?

I need a reason I can understand to continue buying these coins and holding on to them.
I just thought they were a truly anonymous coin and for me that signalled an edge over some.

If you have $1000 worth, then other than hassle of converting, it is all the same isnt it?

As far as the buying power (ignoring conversion overheads) no difference. So, crypto is crypto is crypto, with automatic low overhead conversions, you should be able to view crypto not as any specific currency, but more a vector of possible currencies. OK, that came out too complicated.

Do you know of the pens that have different colors? You click the red thing to make it write red, the blue for blue, etc.? I see crypto like that. If you want BTC, click BTC, if you want BTCD click BTCD.

Now, if you want quick conversion less access to do purchasing, BTC seems to make sense. maybe for highly traded coins with enough liquidity for your uses and low spreads, you can keep it in other coins that have better properties than BTC.

Once such property is 5% per year staking. BTC mining has a built in ~8% deflation. Since not everybody is staking, with BTCD if you are staking you are actually getting net positive interest, I estimate 1% to 2%.
BTCD will also be getting some revenue sharing, but it will also let you teleport itself and other coins for free. It gives you access to InstantDEX, privacyServer is built right in, etc.

BTCD is more than just a coin, it is hard to explain in few words. As it is gaining a lot of power relatively quickly, I am expecting it to grow in value faster than BTC for a while. So, in addition to other benefits I think medium term price appreciation is another.

I leave to you if you believe these are enough reasons to hodl, if not I am sure there are others ready to buy from you

James

I appreciate you taking the time to explain things. Not entirely getting it just yet, but in time Im sure I will.
I will hold on to what I have for a while, but will be taking a step back from buying more. The reason for that
is I'm all about empowering people, the regular folks on the street, protecting privacy/liberty etc etc. Free them from the fiat banksters and their
Whether yo believe this or not - I am not really in this to make money. Havent made anything from Alt coins so far anyway.

Ok carry on folks Smiley

James, do I understand things right? BTCD is a true 'investment' because it yields a return; as opposed to something like BTC which yields nothing for the majority of owners, therefore holders are speculating if they are in it for capital gain only.

Buying BTCD is similar to buying shares in a privacy company. Owners/Stakers will always get their return and hopefully capital value will increase. A share in this privacy business is currently $2.

BTCD is an 'infrastructure' crypto as opposed to something like Ripple/Stellar which are day to day spending coins and holders are not owning them primarily for capital gain. Like cash.

Coinmarketcap is confusing because it's not like we are dealing with traditional businesses. Some of those 'coins' are really share prices of the underlying concept and some are currencies, so to compare them side by side is confusing.

To say that BTCD (privacy/service provider) will overtake Litecoin (currency) isn't really relevant is it. Two different entities.

cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:15:24 AM

James,
In your PrivateBet preview doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10WNKGeUikQ46SE_tPt_WrrMx6qe-oxDgn9s1yiGuIqU/edit
you show some nice screenies of a NXT like BTCD http based wallet.  Am I living under a rock or is this BTCD Wallet available now?

It's not available yet. The dev team has hired some GUI developers and it's being worked on now  Smiley
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:32:34 AM

James

be about?

James

Ok carry on folks Smiley

James, do I understand things right? BTCD is a true 'investment' because it yields a return; as opposed to something like BTC which yields nothing for the majority of owners, therefore holders are speculating if they are in it for capital gain only.

Buying BTCD is similar to buying shares in a privacy company. Owners/Stakers will always get their return and hopefully capital value will increase. A share in this privacy business is currently $2.

BTCD is an 'infrastructure' crypto as opposed to something like Ripple/Stellar which are day to day spending coins and holders are not owning them primarily for capital gain. Like cash.

Coinmarketcap is confusing because it's not like we are dealing with traditional businesses. Some of those 'coins' are really share prices of the underlying concept and some are currencies, so to compare them side by side is confusing.

To say that BTCD (privacy/service provider) will overtake Litecoin (currency) isn't really relevant is it. Two different entities.

BTCD is also a normal altcoin on top of all the other things Smiley

As to the last statement, the fact that they are currently 50 times different in marketcap is the relevant thing, but as far as comparing what the two things are, I agree they are very different

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:07:28 AM

just made a test release of MGW that supports mgwBTCD
still needs some GUI and installers to make it easy, but cross off another item from my todo list
once this gets tested and approved, it will allow for rapid inclusion in InstantDEX trading

Maybe I will encrypt the telepods next

James

Checkpoints

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:48:15 AM

Hey guys, i would love to be one of the testers for teleport Smiley
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 07:14:06 AM

still needs some GUI and installers to make it easy, but cross off another item from my todo list
once this gets tested and approved, it will allow for rapid inclusion in InstantDEX trading

James
found some bugs during mgwBTCD testing, actually in some unrelated areas. Busy stomping them all out. gotta kill all the bugs!

BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:28:58 AM

James
found some bugs during mgwBTCD testing, actually in some unrelated areas. Busy stomping them all out. gotta kill all the bugs!

So many bugs! Good thing I brought my giant can of bugspray Smiley

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:43:21 AM

Really looking forward to all the awesome new features guys. Keep up the good work!
RedZeppelin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:47:41 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 08:38:40 AM by RedZeppelin

Been reading up in this thread about this coin and i think this is solid stuff.
Pointed 2TH towards the xpool and are considering adding another 4TH.
Only downside seems to be i missed the release Cry

Thanks a bunch!

Payouts are daily M-F after 7 PM EST.

Cheers

http://btcd.xpool.ca

Just added some new coins to SHA which just jumped up the profitability. Would be good to get on this now.

Aye the SHA multipool seems to be doing quite good so far to be honest Grin
Good thing you masked mined coins with .xXx.

Kahir - Scamming dev of Rebirthcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798159.msg8977686#msg8977686 gets a free happy meal!!
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: