Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:45:34 AM

Updated Windows Wallet Link!

Some people we're having problems downloading the windows wallet so the file has been uploaded to a new download link.  I've heard some are have been using dropbox to get the wallet.  Just remember to take care and always do a checksum on the file and compare it with the one on the OP.

Thanks
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:19:16 AM

Updated Windows Wallet Link!

Some people we're having problems downloading the windows wallet so the file has been uploaded to a new download link.  I've heard some are have been using dropbox to get the wallet.  Just remember to take care and always do a checksum on the file and compare it with the one on the OP.

Thanks

Once the link in the OP has been reuploaded, I will remove my dropbox link if you like.
I didn't put anything else inside :-)
of course people should be extremely careful using wallets from non official posts.
I just uploaded it to help.
If you like you can check the file and then put it as a mirror just in case mega link doesn't work.

O_o
MuFaza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:17:41 AM

I'm sure I've missed something earlier but I thought bitcoindark would be the unique platform that allows teleporting to exist. But it feels like that unique feature called supernet will be disconnected from the core of bitcoindark and reducing bitcoindark just being a part of it. Maybe this was initial plan but I missed it totally.

Supernet ipo is lucrative offer since it is decentralized investment by design and it will make calls based on inside info (Investing before announcements) so it has good opportunities to gain in value. The problem is I don't understand why would it be better to have 20btc in btcd when you could buy supernet shares with it. I'm sure James has a lot of good ideas for bitcoindark, but are they good enough to compete with supernet in long run? Also my concern is that will those new features be disconnected from btcd and just made part of supernet or something similar in the future.

tl:dr How is bitcoindark tied to supernet other than being part of teleport network and offering features that other don't have? How it differs from other coins in the supernet? Will this design plan reduce initial dividend plans for btcd holders?

Just honest questions from long-term supporter, pls be kind Smiley
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:26:11 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 06:46:24 AM by SpringfieldM1A

I read something interesting: http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-teams-with-top-credit-cards-for-iphone-6-payments-reports-say/

Why is this relevant you may ask? Well BitcoinDark will have a fully anon credit card soon. This will enable you to transfer btcd to fiat anonymously. If you link this credit card with an apple account you can pay with NFC technology anywhere it is available. And you can bet on the fact that it will be rolled out on a massive scale. The nice thing is, is that you can benefit from this technology whilst remaining anonymous.

By making NFC payments possible through a link with credit card payments, Apple just (inadvertently) brought BitcoinDark into the mainstream.

I wouldn't sell your precious BTCD anytime soon.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 06:50:54 AM

I'm sure I've missed something earlier but I thought bitcoindark would be the unique platform that allows teleporting to exist. But it feels like that unique feature called supernet will be disconnected from the core of bitcoindark and reducing bitcoindark just being a part of it. Maybe this was initial plan but I missed it totally.

Supernet ipo is lucrative offer since it is decentralized investment by design and it will make calls based on inside info (Investing before announcements) so it has good opportunities to gain in value. The problem is I don't understand why would it be better to have 20btc in btcd when you could buy supernet shares with it. I'm sure James has a lot of good ideas for bitcoindark, but are they good enough to compete with supernet in long run? Also my concern is that will those new features be disconnected from btcd and just made part of supernet or something similar in the future.

tl:dr How is bitcoindark tied to supernet other than being part of teleport network and offering features that other don't have? How it differs from other coins in the supernet? Will this design plan reduce initial dividend plans for btcd holders?

Just honest questions from long-term supporter, pls be kind Smiley
I am not making big advertising of this to avoid the pumping. If you read my posts about the SuperNET revenue sharing, I say that the dividends will be split between the SuperNET asset holders and various other parties. Please know that BTCD is my coin and I will do what I can to make it as valuable as possible. Dont make me spell it out, think about  InstantDEX and NXTprivacy.

Now due to its nature SuperNET will be backed by big amounts of BTC, so it is more like sharkfund0, eg. mutual fund. the big value part is not from the dividends, it is solid BTC. all the revenues from all the coins that will be revolving around the SuperNET core will be creating extra value for SuperNET and this is all for free to the  SuperNET IPO investors, so it is like investing in a fund run by proven investment manager (sharkfund0 is 3x in 3 months) and getting the best crypto asset ever made for free.

Please trust me when I say that what is good for SuperNET is good for BTCD. Also this talk of BTCD competing with SuperNET is like saying will your brain be competing against your body.

Visually, SuperNET is our logo with BTCD at the core of the spiral. As commerce is happening, some loose change will fall into the spiral. I hope that is clear enough. I have already posted the revenue share details, maybe you are not seeing it.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 06:51:24 AM

I read something interesting: http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-teams-with-top-credit-cards-for-iphone-6-payments-reports-say/

Why is this relevant you may ask? Well BitcoinDark will have a fully anon credit card soon. This will enable you to transfer btcd to fiat anonymously. If you link this credit card with an apple account you can pay with NFC technology anywhere it is available. And you can bet on the fact that it will be rolled out on a massive scale. The nice thing is, is that you can benefit from this technology whilst remaining anonymous.

By making NFC payments possible through a link with credit card payments, Apple just (inadvertently) brought BitcoinDark into the mainstream.

Everything is coming together!

SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:54:55 AM

You sir are a visionary. I bet this was part of your plan from the start Smiley
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:05:47 AM

Thinking about it further, any coin in the supernetwork will be able to use the BTCD anon card functionality right? So being part of the supernetwork will be the ticket into the mainstream for any coin in the network. Being part of the network is therefore highly desirable, increasing the allure of BTCD. Coindevs will be begging to join.

We've still got some serious moon thrusters up our sleeves: The delivery of Teleport and the anon card. BTCD is nowhere near it's full market appreciation.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:11:23 AM

You sir are a visionary. I bet this was part of your plan from the start Smiley
I never even thought about apple/mobile anon payments, but that is sure a cool thing.
I have just been very lucky. I didnt plan on becoming core dev for BTCD, I was just giving some good advices to Azeh. I didnt plan on making BBR go 8x, the XMR guys just got me upset. I didnt plan on making second biggest crypto IPO ever, it just seems to be all happening. I must have lots of good karma saved up somehow

After I made the big money with DRK (well 250 BTC used to be big money for me back in May!), then the NXT assets go crazy good, then I am not caring about money at all and the less I am caring about it, the more is appearing!
I think the reason is that when money is in your mind, it is adding a stress and once it is gone this stress, then 100% can be for what is important. The solving of the problem, whatever it is. unfortunately, some people get stuck on the money part even when they dont really need it anymore, then they are thinking "how do I make more money" all the time instead of "how do I solve this problem"

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:25:38 AM

Thinking about it further, any coin in the supernetwork will be able to use the BTCD anon card functionality right? So being part of the supernetwork will be the ticket into the mainstream for any coin in the network. Being part of the network is therefore highly desirable, increasing the allure of BTCD. Coindevs will be begging to join.

We've still got some serious moon thrusters up our sleeves: The delivery of Teleport and the anon card. BTCD is nowhere near it's full market appreciation.
I have lost count how many coin devs have already approached me. My estimate of 100000 users could easily end up being a severe underestimate. I just have no idea how big it will be and the more money is raised, the more power it gets, so it is like some crazy feedback loop.

The more money is raised the more each share is worth. this is a unique financial instrument. All other uncapped IPO's dilute the value of each share the more is raised, but since 99% of what is raised will be in "hard" assets like BTC and advantaged investments, it reminds me of a tightly coiled spring. As soon as it starts trading, it cant help but go up, since clearly there will be some revenues generated by SuperNET. With all the various services all being made available to the SuperNET, it is potentially some very large revenues. How much in trade commissions per person average? How much in anon card fees? How much in Privatebet gambling fees? What about the Tradebot store?

So, there is all these services just from my assets, what about all the other coins? Then there is the ad revenues, sort of a google adwords built into SuperNET. This way even coins not worthy for the CORE can pay for the customer traffic based on what it is worth.

I am literally giving away thousands of BTC of marketcap as the SuperNET IPO is selling at 110% of book value (I am averaging the bonus amount). If I was some fancy banker to squeeze every last dollar out of the investors, I could probably make some nice fancy charts and spreadsheets and get 3x or 4x book value. But I want as many people as possible to make lots of money so they can be free of the fiat world. I already gave away nearly $1 million USD worth of assets and investors gained over 70 million NXT and I think in BTCD land we are looking at around $5 million USD of profits that I had a part in.

So when SuperNET IPO is making millions of USD more, then there will be that many more people who can afford to help with crypto. This is my long term plan, to do the brain drain from fiat into crypto. The smart people will figure out SuperNET IPO is good, they make money, then they are watching it go up and now they are wanting to help it grow more.

I had a very nice weekend off Smiley

James

threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:32:15 AM

The IPO is still 2 - 4 weeks off, correct?
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:33:23 AM

Guys, where can I find the supernet IPO?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:45:20 AM

The IPO is still 2 - 4 weeks off, correct?
could start next week
the duration is 2 to 4 weeks

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:46:01 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0
Poloniex is hosting it, details next week

testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:46:37 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0
Poloniex is hosting it, details next week

thanks!
Reishicoin

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:53:53 AM

freakin sux i need more money. ipo too quick!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:55:46 AM

freakin sux i need more money. ipo too quick!
it will last 2 to 4 weeks

drawingthesun
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:02:46 AM

I have lost count how many coin devs have already approached me. My estimate of 100000 users could easily end up being a severe underestimate. I just have no idea how big it will be and the more money is raised, the more power it gets, so it is like some crazy feedback loop.

The more money is raised the more each share is worth. this is a unique financial instrument. All other uncapped IPO's dilute the value of each share the more is raised, but since 99% of what is raised will be in "hard" assets like BTC and advantaged investments, it reminds me of a tightly coiled spring. As soon as it starts trading, it cant help but go up, since clearly there will be some revenues generated by SuperNET. With all the various services all being made available to the SuperNET, it is potentially some very large revenues. How much in trade commissions per person average? How much in anon card fees? How much in Privatebet gambling fees? What about the Tradebot store?

So, there is all these services just from my assets, what about all the other coins? Then there is the ad revenues, sort of a google adwords built into SuperNET. This way even coins not worthy for the CORE can pay for the customer traffic based on what it is worth.

I am literally giving away thousands of BTC of marketcap as the SuperNET IPO is selling at 110% of book value (I am averaging the bonus amount). If I was some fancy banker to squeeze every last dollar out of the investors, I could probably make some nice fancy charts and spreadsheets and get 3x or 4x book value. But I want as many people as possible to make lots of money so they can be free of the fiat world. I already gave away nearly $1 million USD worth of assets and investors gained over 70 million NXT and I think in BTCD land we are looking at around $5 million USD of profits that I had a part in.

So when SuperNET IPO is making millions of USD more, then there will be that many more people who can afford to help with crypto. This is my long term plan, to do the brain drain from fiat into crypto. The smart people will figure out SuperNET IPO is good, they make money, then they are watching it go up and now they are wanting to help it grow more.

I had a very nice weekend off Smiley

James

Even though I disagree with you I'll invest something in this because I'm sure it'll pump hi towards the sky, do you have any idea when the IPO will begin?
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:08:09 AM

On friday I returned home happy because I have sent a bank transfer to buy BTC and convert to BTCD.
Today I received a phone call from my bank saying that I have not provided a physical address, but only my PO Box.
They asked me to go to the bank with one utility bill and my physical address.
I refused to give them my details and asked them to cancel the transfer.

Do I have any other options to purchase btcd ?

O_o
drawingthesun
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:09:04 AM

On friday I returned home happy because I have sent a bank transfer to buy BTC and convert to BTCD.
Today I received a phone call from my bank saying that I have not provided a physical address, but only my PO Box.
They asked me to go to the bank with one utility bill and my physical address.
I refused to give them my details and asked them to cancel the transfer.

Do I have any other options to purchase btcd ?

I have no idea, Banks are clamping down more and more. Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: